- The second season of Steve Austin’s Redneck Island will premiere on CMT on Saturday, November 10th at 9pm ET.
– WWE announced in a press release that WrestleMania 28 generated a record-breaking $102.7 million in economic impact for the city of Miami and Miami-Dade County this past April, according to a study conducted by the Enigma Research Corporation. This new record for WrestleMania’s economic impact represents a $40 million increase over WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. WrestleMania 28 also generated approximately $15.3 million in local, state and county taxes.
“We are thrilled that Miami and the state of Florida were the recipients of WrestleMania’s largest economic impact ever. This result is a testament to that community’s hard work and extensive planning,” said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events for WWE. “We now turn our focus to the New York/New Jersey region for what will assuredly be a historic WrestleMania 29.”
A capacity crowd of 78,363 fans from all 50 states and 36 countries attended WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza this past April. Key highlights from the study include:
* $102.7 million of direct, indirect and induced impact derived from spending by non-locals visiting specifically for WrestleMania XXVIII.
* 71% of fans that attended WrestleMania were from outside the Miami area and stayed an average of four nights.
* The economic impact derived from WrestleMania Week was equal to the creation of 1,020 full-time jobs for the area.
* $6.9 million was spent by non-locals at Miami and Miami-Dade County restaurants.
|Chris Jericho on Why the Current WWE Product Is Better Than The Attitude Era, What He Looks for In New Stars|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|10||Individual Who Lost Domain To WWE Claims He'll Destroy The Company Within A Year|
|8||WWE Corporate Updates "Talent Wellness" Section, Includes Domestic Violence Policy|
|7||Backstage Talk on Randy Orton and WWE Creative, Update on Lesnar's Return, Jericho Video|
|7||John Cena Says Turning Heel Would Be A "Poor Business Decision"|
|7||Chris Jericho Says CM Punk Has Cut All Contact With Him Since Leaving WWE|