- The March 22nd TNA live event in Concord, North Carolina drew 800 fans. The March 23rd show in Roanoke Rapids, NC drew 1,300 fans.
– Local wrestlers Hangtime and Dirty Hector worked a tryout match before the March 23rd live event in Roanoke Rapids. Hangtime got the win.
– Spike TV officials are looking at making the network more about scripted entertainment and may be changing their name again. TNA will most likely be safe because they fit the new direction and their ratings are better than other programs on the network.
– The cost for TNA to tape Impact Wrestling on the road is between $600,000 and $700,000. If they do 26 tapings per year, they’re looking at around $17 million in costs.
– There’s no official word on Jeff Jarrett’s TNA status after he didn’t work the special One Night Only tapings that were held last week. Jarrett was written out of the storylines back in 2011 when he was focusing on Ring Ka King but with that no longer around and the planned project for the SPEED channel not getting picked up, he had been looking for other projects. TNA’s Bruce Prichard and Eric Bischoff decided against bringing Jarrett back after a talent and to show how strong they were on it, they chose not to bring him back for the nostalgia tapings he would have fit into.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|9||*Spoiler* Another Stipulation Added to Team Cena vs. Team Authority at WWE Survivor Series|
|9||TNA Announces New Multi-Year TV Deal, Dixie Carter Comments|
|8||Screeching Weasel Frontman Blasts CM Punk, Calls on Female Fans to Challenge Punk to Fight|
|8||*Spoiler* Huge, Huge Name Scheduled to Make WWE TV Debut at Survivor Series|
|6||The Latest On When Roman Reigns May Return To The Ring, Check Out Sting's WWE 2K15 Entrance|