– Shelton Benjamin and Carlito did not return in the Rumble match, despite previous reports. PWInsider reports that the two ended up being booked at the same hotel WWE used because they were in town for an indy show.
– Surprise entrants besides Chris Jericho in the 2013 Royal Rumble match were Goldust and The Godfather. Santino Marella also returned from injury in the match.
– Regarding The Godfather, he quietly drove from Las Vegas to Phoenix to hide from fans staked out at the airports. Godfather arrived Sunday afternoon and checked into the WWE hotel before going to the arena.
– Ted DiBiase was backstage at the Rumble and should be returning from a hand injury soon.
– Chris Jericho was hidden in a bus outside until his entrance. Word backstage was that a deal was quietly made for him to work the show when WWE reached out to him for RAW. No word yet on his future with the company.
– Mark Henry was also backstage. WWE had plans in place for him to return but that didn’t happen.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|11||More On Long-Term Plans For Roman Reigns|
|4||Bret Hart On Who Is The Best Wrestling Manager Ever: “Paul Heyman Is The Best Manager In Wrestling”|
|4||Three Divas Want WWE To Bring Back The Women's Championship|
|2||Brad Maddox Tweets For The First Time After Being Let Go By WWE|
|2||Triple H On NXT And Why The Brand Is Not Its Own Promotion|