First of all, I thought I would change the title of my column out of respect to The John Report – apologies there big guy. Also, the column title is homage to my older brother, the original ‘Bad News Browne’ (note the ‘e’!) and of course the late, great master of ’The Ghettoblaster’. Anyways, shall we?
There has already been some excellent pre-Bragging Rights coverage done here by the fine columnists of Wrestling-Edge, so I will go over a few random thoughts pertaining not only to the PPV but also some of the latest news from this week in wrestling. NB: I was going to do some coverage with Nik of ‘Bingo’s Breakdown’ fame, but unfortunately I was laid up for a few days with a nasty throat infection. Dang. It felt like this a bit…
So then, Bragging Rights…
- I can see Smackdown winning the matches overall, (Ziggler over Bryan, Natalya levels up 1-1, Team Smackdown retain in the Elimination Tag) but I think Raw will still end up with the ultimate ‘Bragging Rights’ because….
- I am going to go out on a limb and predict Miz will cash in tomorrow on the winner of the Buried Alive match, (I’ll go Undertaker) and ensure both World Titles are property of Monday Night. Imagine how much heat Miz would get if he, with assistance, took out Undi after a hard fought win over Kane? It would propel Miz to The upper levels for good whilst keeping Undertaker strong. Makes sense? Or have I just gone mental? We’ll see.
- Randy Orton should retain tomorrow. I know WWE are fond of short title reigns, and that the Cenexus angle is the main storyline at the moment, but I think Cena will somehow cost Barrett the title (possibly due to bungled run ins from Otunga or Slater?), thus allowing the angle to continue. Cena and Barrett have both been excellent in their respective roles thus far. Bravo chaps.
- Why has the Team Raw vs Team Smackdown Tag match become an elimination tag?! No need with Survivor Series up soon, not to mention the Summerslam and Night of Champions main events. Overkill much?
- Raw GM revealed tomorrow? Nah. If so – Michael Cole is the obvious choice. I don’t think I need to go into too much detail.
Other bits and pieces…
- I really love Lay-Cool. There, I said it. I thoroughly enjoy their antics each week, and their timing is superb. Say what you want about the new Mrs Deadman, but her and England’s own Layla are always on point, and Michelle McCool’s impersonation of Bret Hart on Smackdown was hilarious. Berate away – I love Lay-Cool.
- Why give Kaval a championship shot after winning NXT2 and then go on to treat him like this? I know he had the audacity to not spend the last 10 years in WWE, but his talent is enormous and he should have kept his Bragging Rights team spot. But hey, Tyler Reks IS big and muscular. Ho hum.
- Please let Jack Swagger shine tomorrow. The ‘All American American’ deserves much better than his current role.
- Why haven’t there been any in-team tensions yet? Swagger and Edge, as well as Del Rio and Rey, are feuding, yet we have seen none of that so far. Maybe we will tomorrow, who knows?
- TNA took a whole episode of ‘Reaction’ to explain their ‘Them’ angle? Good Lord. Turning the most popular wrestler of 2009 (Jeff Hardy) heel seems like a sure fire winner. Not that he has made much difference since he has been there, mind.
- Is Yoshi Tatsu dead?
Like I said, just a few brief thoughts – let us know if you agree/disagree. All responses welcomed, I’ll be back next week to hopefully gloat over* my predictions and talk at length over another hot topic.
*or more likely, pretend I didn’t make them.
Until then, I’ll leave you with this…