UFC president Dana White announced on Thursday that Brock Lesnar’s ongoing health problems related to the stomach illnesss diverticulitis have returned and he is being forced to pull out of his upcoming fight at UFC 131 on June 11th.
Lesnar had been scheduled to fight Junior Dos Santos in fight that would have determined the next challenger to Cain Velasquez’ Heavyweight Championship. Shane Carwin, who got choked out by then-champion Brock Lesnar last July, will now face Dos Santos next month.
Lesnar, who might need to undergo “life changing surgery” in the near future, says his career is not over and vows to return to the cage once again:
“I’m not retiring. This isn’t the end of my fight career. I believe there’s a solution to every problem. This isn’t the end of Brock Lesnar. This is a speed bump in the road.”
Lesnar is being treated once again at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota – the same facility that treated him back in 2009 when he first battled diverticulitis. He insists this most recent bout with the stomach illness is not as serious as last time (when he was fighting for his life) – but the condition was preventing him from training for the Dos Santos fight.
|Matches for TNA Hardcore Justice, Austin Aries Stretchered Out, Impact Twitter Rating, New Knockouts|
|Will WWE Air JR's Opener for Mick Foley?, Jerry Lawler's Macho Man Sketch, Enzo and Big Cass, Connor|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|12||Clip Of Eva Marie Hitting A Sweet Spring Board DDT|
|10||Wolfpack Discuss Undertaker Nearly Joining WCW, Chris Jericho Being A "Whining Puss"|
|6||Ring of Honor Wrestler on People Being Offended by WWE's The New Day Stable|
|5||Former WWE Creative Writer Says Divas Were Perceived As 'Catty' And 'Mentally Unstable'|
|4||Batista Knocks WWE Creative, Wants To Return In A Different Way|