- Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on September 21st in State College, PA drew 4,500 fans for $142,000
* RAW on September 22 in White Plains, NY drew a sellout of 4,200 fans for $220,000
* SmackDown on September 22nd in Sarnia, Ontario drew 2,000 fans for $70,000
* RAW on September 23rd in Worcester, MA drew 5,000 fans for $110,000
* SmackDown on September 23rd in London, Ontario drew 3,000 fans for $110,000
- Apparently there isn’t much to the WWE-All Japan story that was originally reported in the Japanese media last week. It’s really just that AJPW officials took John Laurinaitis out to dinner back in August and pitched him the idea of making AJPW a WWE affiliate. By that point, Laurinaitis had already lost all of his power within WWE. WWE hasn’t been in the habit of supporting or buying foreign wrestling companies.
- WWE recently released Chris Russo, who had been doing commentary work for FCW TV. He was not related to Vince Russo.
- We’ve covered how busy The Rock’s early 2013 will be with his WWE return and several movies coming out. It will be interesting to see how he handles all of the promotion for the various events and movies. Here’s what it looks like so far:
* January 27th – Royal Rumble
* February 17th – Elimination Chamber (Not Confirmed)
* February 22nd – Snitch
* March 29th – GI Joe: Retaliation
* April 7th – WrestleMania 29
* April 26th – Pain and Gain
* May 24th – Fast Six
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|8||Cesaro Getting a New Theme Song Soon, News on Dean Ambrose's Title Reign, GFW Video|
|8||Wrestler Responds to Criticism Over Working at Walmart, Says He Gets Paid More Than He Did|
|7||WWE Reportedly Telling Current and Former Talents to Stay Away from Nancy Grace|
|5||Popular NXT Star Starts Training Again, Speculation on Brock Lesnar's Return, WWE Attendance|
|5||WWE Star Suffers 100th Televised Loss, Former WWE Writer Talks About The Streak, The Rock|