- Richard George of IGN.com recently reviewed WWE’s new All Stars video game and revealed some new details. Here are some highlights:
* Regarding game play, George wrote: “The wrestlers themselves look more like action figures you can buy in stores versus more realistic portrayals. John Cena’s relatively simple “Five Knuckle Shuffle” – which is simply a drop to the mat with a fist punch – has become an elaborate, acrobatic feat. A stronger, heavier wrestler can kick a smaller, lighter opponent across the ring – or toss him completely outside of it. Some combatants can jump clear across the ring to attack their opponents. The emphasis isn’t on reality but on fast, fun and flashy entertainment. Despite the fact that most might liken the game a bit to No Mercy, in truth it might even be more similar to that game’s lesser-known predecessor, WCW/NWO Revenge. It has a more manic, frantic tone, similar to that of a Capcom fighting game. The game is willing to discard a great deal to make sure it never gets lost in details that will slow down the pacing of a match.”
* Game modes include the standard versus modes, other offline and online play, Path of Champions and Fantasy Warfare.
* Path of Champions is similar to the Road to WrestleMania in other games where you can challenge an old school Undertaker with Paul Bearer, Randy Orton or DX for titles. Players go through 10 rounds to get a shot at WrestleMania.
* Fantasy Warfare features 15 dream matches created by THQ that have or may not have happened in WWE’s past such as CM Punk vs. Steve Austin and Big Show vs. Andre the Giant. The matches in Fantasy Warfare feature “video packages” of WWE footage used to “promote” the matches. For example, there is a video package hyping a Punk vs. Austin feud.
View the now photos here.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|18||Backstage Talk on Triple H's Opinion of Some Internet Fans|
|12||Fan Tries to Meet Brock Lesnar and Sable at Airport, The Rock Asked If He Gave Lesnar Advice|
|12||WWE Posts Cryptic Tweet, Possibly for the New Logo or WWE Network|
|11||WWE Posts Another "Transformed" Teaser on Social Media - Possible New Superstar?|
|9||Backstage Talk on John Cena Possibly Leaving WWE for a Movie Career, Talents Cracking Jokes|