– John Cena and Stephanie McMahon talked about WWE’s use of social media at the SWSX convention in Austin, Texas yesterday. Here is a photo of them on the panel and highlights:
* WWE’s biggest reach over social media comes from Facebook.
* Cena said he wasn’t sure about using social media at first, because of letting fans “behind the curtain” but soon saw potential in it. Cena handles his own account and said he didn’t want to hand over control to someone else. Cena said he doesn’t tweet all day because he wants his messages to be authentic.
* Stephanie estimated that WWE has increased their revenue by 25% thanks to social media. She was nervous about joining Twitter with her own account. She decided to show a mix of her personal life, her WWE character and her role as a WWE executive.
* WWE provides general guidelines for their talents on Twitter and Facebook, like not to drink and tweet.
* There is a special area backstage where the WWE talents can tweet either before or after their match.
* Stephanie noted that Vince McMahon has a big vision for WWE’s social media use.
* WWE will be revealing a new distribution platform for WrestleMania 29 next week.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|6||Doink The Clown’s Mother Suing WWE For Wrongful Death, Fraud, And Negligence|
|3||What Main Events Is WWE Planning To Do At WrestleMania 32?|
|3||The WWE 2K16 Video Game Cover To Be Revealed During This Monday’s Episode Of RAW|
|3||Vince Russo Posts A New Blog About The Original Plans For Chris Jericho’s WWF Debut|
|2||An Interesting Tweet By Dixie Carter After A Fan Called Destination America A Sh** Network|