WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com with thoughts on the Survivor Series pay-per-view. Here are some highlights:
– I watched WWE Survivor Series Sunday night from Boston. No, I don’t get them for free and never have but who’s complaining? I get asked this question every PPV weekend. I pay my way and don’t condone people stealing including PPV’s from any company.
– Highlight of the PPV for me was the spotlight placed on Roman Reigns who pinned four members of the opposition with the same move, a nice, snug clothesline. Reigns has “it” and has always been high on everyone’s list of hopeful, future WWE main eventers. The son of WWE Hall of Famer Wild Samoan Sika has transformed his former nose tackle body into a more healthy, appealing and more marketable one since signing with WWE’s developmental program.
– Soon…I expect that the other two Shield members will also be more in the spotlight as both Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are also marketably skilled and have excellent futures, as well.
– Bothers me to read some tweets @JRsBBQ regarding Big E Langston who I got to know well in NXT and who I feel has a very significant upside. ‘E’ is another talented, educated, dependable athlete who is so much more than a former power lifter. The former state high school wrestling champion and D1 football lineman at Iowa has great feet and agility plus he’s another student of the game and takes his preparation and in ring progress seriously.
– Enjoyed the old school fundamentals of the Punk/Bryan vs. Wyatt tag team match. Tag team wrestling is far from dead and with a little effort and creativity it would be considered ‘new’ to younger fans who haven’t experienced great, tag team wrestling in their lives.
– Not sure what to make of a title unification match, if that’s where WWE is headed, with Cena and Orton. A unique way to end the show that certainly presented more questions and speculation than answers. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’d expect that particular matter to be at the center of attention on RAW Monday night.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|9||News On When WWE Decided To Have Sheamus Win The WWE Championship, Cesaro Injury Update|
|8||WWE Survivor Series 2015 PPV Results: New WWE Champion Crowned|
|7||Mick Foley: I Am On The Verge Of Becoming A Former WWE Fan|
|6||Randy Orton To Undergo Neck Surgery After He Has Shoulder Surgery|
|4||Will The Undertaker Be Appearing On Tonight’s Episode Of WWE RAW?|