WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– While answering the Q&A’s here on the site, I’ve received a ton of questions about my thoughts on the STREAK being broken at WM30 by Brock Lesnar. I was legit shocked that it happened and I still find it hard to believe that it occurred. What’s done is done and I’m interested now to see where the Undertaker goes from here notwithstanding if WWE takes advantage of the major win for Lesnar. Brock has never truly been on a legit roll since returning to WWE from UFC and if there ever was a time to pull the trigger on that matter, that time is now.
I could see Brock eventually becoming the WWE Champion and defending the title at WM31.
– Memorable night for Daniel Bryan who continues to dodge ‘authority bullets’ as the new, WWE World Champion and had a stellar night Monday. Bryan is beginning to feel more comfortable on the mic which is essential for him. This goes for anyone as the verbal side of pro wresting is and always had been imperative to one’s success.
– Great night for Antonio Cesaro as he’s taking his wrestling persona to a new and more upscale address. I do feel it will be challenging for fans to boo Cesaro on a regular basis as his work, consistency and the Cesaro Swing certainly seems to make him prime, fan favorite material even if he is a Heyman Guy.
– Speaking of Paul Heyman, Paul had a magnificent night on RAW delivering a home run on the Lesnar beating Taker promo. Heyman is the best talker in the business and continues to do amazing work and has to be considered as one of the greatest managers of all time on a short list that includes Bobby Heenan and Jim Cornette. Before all is said and done, Paul may be the best, pure manager to ever fulfill that role in the history of the business.
Heyman’s duo of Cesaro and Lesnar, who I’m sure some fans have already started fantasy booking to face each other down the road, may be destined for strong, fan favorite roles if the Monday night audience has any thing to say about it.
– The Shield declaring their true colors as the show went off the air was significant. This gives WWE creative plenty of options going forward and the chance for Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins to take another step vertically not to mention when one or more of them ‘changes jerseys’ how big a deal that will be. I’d hope that metamorphous is not any time soon as the hotter The Shield becomes as fan favorites the more impactful they will be as antagonists when the time is right.
– I’m optimistic that Alexander Rusev and Lana can be hits within the WWE. Rusev is an athletic big man while Lana is one of the most unique and marketable females to arrive in WWE in a long while. I love her accent and delivery.
– Paige has a significant upside and I can see her potentially having a Trish-Lita type rivalry with the talented AJ Lee who is still WWE’s most consistent, in ring diva. Both ladies have marketable, bell to bell skills and both can be aggressive in the ring which translates well to all audiences.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|10||WWE Star Suspended After Incident With Vince McMahon, Length Of His Suspension Reduced|
|9||WWE Responds To Racism Allegations Following The Suspension Of Titus O’Neil|
|7||CM Punk Undergoes Successful Surgery|
|6||WWE To Push Braun Strowman As A Main Eventer After WrestleMania|
|6||Chris Jericho Receives Criticism For His Match With AJ Styles On WWE SmackDown|