WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– It’s going to be a busy day of working on my autobiography with my writing partner Scott Williams here in Norman. Looking at four, ten hour days this week with additional, multiple writing days ahead. We hope to get the book done by mid 2015 but there’s a great deal of work to do before we even think of getting it published.
– The Sandow/Mark Henry…OU vs. Texas bit in Austin, home of the Longhorns was neither entertaining nor did it have anything to do with Summer Slam. So why was it on the show? Was it a cheap shot at your’s truly? Surely not. JBL knocking my family’s BBQ products was a low blow but in the wrestling biz that it is called ribbing on the square and “all in good fun” which is a lame explanation. I did not see RAW live and watched it on our DVR but my twitter followers had alerted me of the announcers having fun at my expense or so they perceived. Perhaps some one actually thought the segment was entertaining and if that’s true that explains many things regarding today’s product.
– The documentary aspect of the @HeymanHustle DVD is excellent….simply excellent. The video is now on sale and I can’t recommend it enough. For me to be included, along with the departed from WWE CM Punk, was a nice surprise and I feel that we both were able to contribute some to the production. Paul is in the same conversation as a manager as is Bobby Heenan which is rarified air as far as I’m concerned.
– My agent is working on a play by play gig for me for a MMA event and let’s hope that gets done. I’m motivated and ready to stick my toe in the MMA waters and if I get the broadcast partner that I’ve requested then this broadcast could be a helluva lot of fun. Stay tuned.
– Someone with WWE told me that WWE was considering going back to the Super Show TV Taping concept where they do RAW live on Monday night and also tape Smackdown the same evening. That’s a load of work….more than a load….but it would save WWE tons of money by eliminating the Tuesday Tapings. Time will tell if this cost cutting move will actually happen but it’s a giant undertaking nonetheless.
If it does occur then it might be a timely move to split the announce teams on the two shows so that the announcers can all prepare for one show plus it would make the shows sound differently as they all sound pretty much the same including the PPV’s. @MichaelCole is carrying a mazing work load and it’s inevitable that this much over exposure will burn him out sooner than later. WWE can ill afford for that to occur. I’ve said it before, few people at TV work harder than Cole who runs the show at the announce desk during the busiest and most unique time for a broadcaster ever in WWE with so many masters to serve and to promote while the matches are on going.
|Confirmed: Mattel Toys Stopped Production Of Hulk Hogan Products Following Racist Comments Being Leaked|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|18||WWE Comments On A Segment Involving Vince McMahon Saying The N-word|
|7||Hulk Hogan Makes Gay Slurs In Leaked Sex Tape - Read His Comments Here|
|6||When Did WWE Fire Hulk Hogan? - The Very Latest On Hulk Hogan's Racist Comments|
|5||Representative From 2K Games Issues Statement On Hulk Hogan Being Removed From WWE 2K16|
|5||WWE RAW Results For July 27th, 2015: U.S Championship Match|