WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– Raw can be best described by yours truly as a solid show, not spectacular, but serviceable over the three hour ‘cruise.’
Some of the in ring product was good and will mean more with the same level of bouts in the future if the rivalries and the skill sets of the talents continue to be addressed.
Appears to be very obvious that many talents need to kick their way out of their comfort zones and tweak a few wrinkles of their in ring presentation. The same sequencing week after week doesn’t make one special.
It makes them the same.
The same is not wrestling code talk for ‘special.’
– The follow up on Roman Reigns success at the Royal Rumble was timely. Newly minted, potential main eventers cannot grow on an every other week basis. Reigns needs his weekly moments on RAW to eventually arrive at the Promised Land including a ‘moment’ at WM30. Don’t over think it…Reigns needs to leave NOLA with an enhanced perception. Case closed…per the late Ernie Ladd.
– WWE has done a really nice job of rehabilitating the TV image of the Usos who seem poised to win the Tag Titles sooner than later. Just a year ago the WWE Tag Team scene was flaccid but it’s making a nice comeback.
– Admire Orton and Cena working hard and telling a viable story in their main event in a 20+ minute main event. I like these longer main events and even though these two have wrestled countless times, I felt that they had a solid, show closing bout. At the end of the night, I am not quite sure how much momentum WWE World Champion Orton is going to have going into the Elimination Chamber and to a lesser degree for WM30 which may be the game plan.
– Very proud of Amy Dumas aka Lita who will be inducted in the WWE HOF class of 2014 in NOLA the night before WM30. I had heard this info leaded from WWE a couple of weeks ago but did not want to contribute to spoiling the surprise. I did vividly remember meeting Amy in my Stamford office years ago when she came in for a job interview. She had been bold and brave enough to live alone in Mexico to train and develop a different skill set from other females and she eventually became one of WWE’s biggest stars, male or female, during my time in talent relations. There;s a funny story about her less than dainty shoulder tattoo that played into her job interview that I tell on our RINGSIDE shows.
|WrestleMania Opening Video, Hogan on Savage, Arab Wrestler to WWE?, Bulldog's Wife, Connor - Warrior|
|Backstage Talk on Tonight's WrestleMania Main Event, WWE Reportedly Worried About Roman Reigns, More|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|25||WWE WrestleMania 31 Results - 3/29/15|
|16||Backstage News on Brock Lesnar Possibly Turning Babyface, How Serious His MMA Training Has Been, More|
|11||WWE Reportedly Planning The Undertaker's Retirement For WrestleMania 32|
|8||Backstage Talk on Tonight's WrestleMania Main Event, WWE Reportedly Worried About Roman Reigns, More|
|7||Why WWE Is Really Concerned About Daniel Bryan's Future, Backstage Talk on His WrestleMania Role|