WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– Was told that @JCLayfield “knocked” me on the air but I missed it. I must not have been paying attention. (See what I did there?) Nonetheless It will likely be said at the end of the day that John was merely being “in character.”
– Congrats to Big E Langston for becoming the IC Champion. I wish Big E nothing but success. The former Iowa Hawkeye Defensive Tackle is a beast of an athlete with great integrity. One can’t get too many like him in any locker room. I got to know “E” well in NXT. Fans have loved him there for a long time at Full Sail Arena.
– Thought the Big Show vs. Ryback match was surprisingly good. By the time this match had ended, I had seen enough clotheslines during the first three matches to last me the balance of the three hours that I stayed tuned.
– Great seeing Xavier Woods get a shot on RAW. Another really high quality student athlete who’s close to getting his PHD. Really an engaging young man to be around with tons of charisma. I’m hopeful that his tenure will be productive in WWE as he is a great representative for the company on many fronts. It’s admirable that Woods has continued his education the past few years while still competing and attempting to earn a roster spot in WWE while residing in NXT. Dr. Woods is a great promo talent if allowed to use large aspects of himself in his TV persona.
– Good to see Rey Mysterio back and hopefully healthy or at least healthy enough to be able to be himself and perform to the level that his fans expect. WWE can really use Rey’s star power and name identity.
– Doing some due diligence along with our team on perhaps doing a podcast. Chris Jericho starts his podcast this Thursday while my old pal Stone Cold is having a blast doing his podcast twice weekly. I’m interested in doing a podcast but need to hear more info.
– I’m told Pat Patterson is writing his memoirs and after seeing much of Pat’s photo collection from over his career I’m betting the book will be great. Pat has a tremendous sense of humor and was one of the best in ring performers ever along with being a tremendous wrestling strategist. Pat’s journey as a gay man in a largely homophobic, alpha Caucasian male, good old boys network known as pro wrestling in the territory days is one of courage and conviction. I can’t wait to read it.
|Huge Heat for a WWE Diva at NXT, Goldust Back to Training Soon, WWE Artist Painting Mick Foley Today|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|8||Vince Russo says Vince McMahon has forgot how to make stars, references Kevin Owens' WWE debut|
|6||Tammy "Sunny" Sytch Reportedly Very Close to Signing Six-Figure Adult Film Contract|
|4||Video: Scott Hall Reportedly Escorted Out of Wrestling Event Due To Being Intoxicated|
|4||WWE Finally Signs Former NWA World Champion|
|4||Destination America reportedly drop TNA Impact Wrestling|