WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
– Tickets are on sale now at http://www.ticketmaster.com and at the Gramercy Theater box office in NYC for my two shows at the Gramercy on Saturday March 1. I hope the fans throughout the Northeast will consider joining me on what will be a big night as I begin a new venture in my career.
– Podcast update: We have a basic deal in place that looks as if I will start my own podcast in early 2014 for the most elite company in the field. There are details to finalize but things look positive. We are still working on the format but it will be fan friendly and very interactive.
– I’m always curious to see how a WWE Slammy’s Show is received and formatted during the three hour Monday Night RAW window. I know that it’s one of the internally busiest days of the year prior to going on the air on what is a ‘short day’ considering the show starts locally in Seattle at 5 p.m.
– WM31 coming to the Bay Area feels like a great call for WWE in 2015. New stadium, great metropolitan area from which to draw and some great venues in the area in which to produce RAW and Smackdown following the event. Plus, there are multiple airports in which to fly into and ample hotels throughout the area.
– If the rumors are true that WM32 is going to emanate from Arlington, Texas and the home of the Dallas Cowboys, that will be a great ‘get’ as well. WWE could theoretically pack AT&T Stadium with north of 100,000 fans if the attractions are well planned and viable enough.
Another positive point about the Dallas metroplex event, if it happens in 2016, is that it gives WWE more promotional time to plan something very special and it also gives WWE creative folks and others time to put some ‘dream bouts’ or scenarios on the drawing board and build to them. With Dallas being an American Airlines and Southwest Airlines hub, that too adds to the positives.
I have written here many times throughout the years that IF Undertaker was going to have his last match that it should be the focal point of a WrestleMania and that it should come from his home state of Texas in the biggest celebration possible and that the venue should be Jerry’s World. (As in Jerry Jones and not Jerry Lawler.)