WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– Interesting show that was missing some of the ‘regulars’ which provided more opportunities to others. I’m always curious to know how excited talents are in today’s WWE TV world to be getting more TV time because in the Attitude Era, etc it was all about who was written into the show more than what they were going to do on said show. What they were doing was important, don’t get me wrong, but merely appearing on RAW back in the day was a big deal.
In other words, talents were excited to simply get in the game, perform at a high level, hence maximize their minutes, and hope that their performance got them another booking next week.
It appears to me, and I could be wrong, that some talents today take their exposure on RAW for granted at times as if it’s their right to be on the show.
– The Wyatt vs. Shield marriage reminds me a little of the Horsemen vs. Midnight Express issue many years ago that did well for Jim Crockett Promotions as it was two antagonist teams that squared off forcing the fans to make a choice as to who to cheer and who to boo.
– I like the MMA oriented “Superman Punch” that Roman Reigns is using and that along with his spear is a nice offensive combination. Reigns is smart to continue to try new things and to not get stuck in a predictable rut.
Reigns is smart to add something new to his game which indicates that he is thinking of ways to improve. Wrestlers stuck in a set routine and who are so egocentric that they are resistant to change any thing about what they do inside the ring are bound to stop growing professionally.
– Seems as if some fans fabricated stories about being kicked out of the Omaha event because they were chanting for CM Punk. I seriously wonder if these fans actually think that they can make a difference in the PUNK-WWE matter or if they are merely trying to attract attention to themselves? I lean to the latter.
– Keep an eye on the Rusev and company duo as I think that they have a shot at becoming an entity of value. It won’t happen immediately but if they are mentored and creatively managed in a smart, logical manner, this duo might be good in time. I’ve liked Rusev ever since I first saw him in NXT when I was traveling there regularly.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|7||Hulk Hogan Makes Gay Slurs In Leaked Sex Tape - Read His Comments Here|
|7||Report: Sting Will Not Be Appearing At SummerSlam|
|5||Representative From 2K Games Issues Statement On Hulk Hogan Being Removed From WWE 2K16|
|5||WWE RAW Results For July 27th, 2015: U.S Championship Match|
|5||Update On WWE Diva Suffering A Concussion During Monday’s Episode Of RAW|