WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– The end game for the McMahon Family conflict interests me especially considering that #1 contender for the WWE Title @WWEDanielBryan is in the middle of it. Where is this matter heading? I’m happy that I have no idea. If Daniel Bryan were to win the WWE Title at Summer Slam, how would that affect the ‘family’ dynamic?
– Enjoyed RVD’s bout with Fandango while it lasted. RVD has been an outstanding ‘get’ for WWE since he returned at the MITB PPV. His style is unique, it’s physical and he has done what every star must do to be a star….connect with his audience.
– Thought that IC Champ Curtis Axel had one of his better outings as he seemed more poised and comfortable Monday night. The ‘Perfect Son’ sounded like an old pro on the mic which is vital and always has been since wrestling moved to TV.
– Ryback had a good night even in a losing effort in the Tables Match vs. @JohnCena. Ryback seems to really enjoy his antagonist role and it fits him better and better each week. Being a great, wrestling villain is a skill that isn’t easily or quickly acquired. If Ryback had came along in the 70’s or 80’s, some promoter likely would have made him a ‘Russian’ or another non American to capitalize on a Nationalism story.
– My wife and I enjoyed the premier episode of Total Divas on the E Network Sunday night. I had a few ‘flashbacks’ from my talent relations days watching the ladies interact with each other and the WWE folks in general. When I became head of talent relations, we had only one or two women on the roster. That aspect of the team grew quickly and the Diva locker room soon became a complex and unique entity. That’s not to say that the men didn’t have their share of problems, too, but the ladies presented an entirely different ballgame. In the days before cell phones, texting, etc, my home phone rang at all hours of the night and quite often it was a Diva with an issue as the ladies usually wanted to vent right away while the guys would often times ‘stew’ over what was bothering them.
– I’d be remiss without noting that The Wyatt Family had a solid night on RAW and that their vignettes introducing them to the WWE Universe were more golden than many perceive. They had an identity before they ever showed up in person on RAW. Reminds me of how Bill Watts established the Rock ‘n Roll Express in the Mid South Territory using music videos before Morton and Gibson physically arrived in the 80’s.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|11||Daniel Bryan Retires From Pro Wrestling|
|10||WWE Star Suspended After Incident With Vince McMahon, Length Of His Suspension Reduced|
|9||WWE Responds To Racism Allegations Following The Suspension Of Titus O’Neil|
|8||Daniel Bryan Reportedly Gives His Notice To WWE And Was Denied|
|7||CM Punk Undergoes Successful Surgery|