WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
– I have no idea who WWE plans to pair with Cole in the weeks leading to Jerry Lawler’s expected return to the announce table on RAW but who ever it may be will be receiving a great opportunity for exposure and to enhance their TV persona.
– Nice night for several NXT talents and other young, WWE performers. We always get great effort from the men and women who perform/compete at NXT. Some could stand to slow down a bit but that’s another story. Great in ring psychologists over the years weren’t great because they performed at a break neck, frenetic pace. Think about it.
Of course it’s easy for one to take the other side of the issue and take it to the extreme by saying that no one wants to see a slow, plodding bout with little action or drama. That’s not what I’m endorsing for the record.
The attitude of everyone at the NXT tapings is so positive and motivating. These individuals know that they are being evaluated not only by their ring work but also by how they prepare and how they represent themselves and WWE.
– Thought Big E Langston had a nice Thursday evening. Big, strong, and smart, Big E has an opportunity to be special at some point in the future. E’s about 285 pounds and unearthly strong. Plus, he’s not a plodder and moves with excellent quickness and it’s obvious that he’s done plenty of football agility drills including playing some at DT at Iowa. The fans at the tapings are really getting with Big E Langston.
– Diva Paige from England has impressed for several weeks. She’s seemingly got a bright future ahead of her. She has uniquely connected with the live audience.
– Roman Reigns has the tools to be a big time player if he keeps working hard. Great, athletic look with natural instincts. Seems to have ‘it.’ Let’s just hope that he enhances ‘it’ and doesn’t lose ‘it.’
– There are several others who I didn’t mention here who also had solid nights at NXT and who are being counted on to contribute in a big way.