WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with another blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are highlights from this entry:
– Impressed with Christian’s performance after such a long layoff. Very proud of being the guy who signed both Christian and Edge and watching them develop into excellent in ring talents but, more importantly, even better men. Not sure how much longer Christian intends to perform but I’m hopeful that he gets involved into something viable from a creative standpoint before he says adios whenever that may be.
– Unfortunate that Daniel Bryan got dinged up in his match with Randy Orton. Bryan is on a roll and there is no one hotter or with more momentum in WWE than Bryan. For young talents under six feet tall, there is no one better to study than Daniel Bryan. To further that thought, that concept also works well for those over 6 feet. Or 7 feet.
– Curious to see how Antonio Cesaro is monetized with Zeb Colter. I’m a big Cesaro fan and perhaps he and Jack Swagger can form a viable, serious tag team. Without question, Zeb is a skilled talker. There’s no viable reason that I can see that these three can’t be money ball players in WWE.
– The Mark Henry ‘retirement’ segment was Monday Night RAW gold and will go down in history as one of the all time, great RAW moments as far as I’m concerned. I’ve see a few in my time for ther record. The TV viewer’s perception of any storyline or performance is dependent solely on the execution by the talent. Great execution can overcome mediocre material and great execution can make good material great and great creative unforgettable.
Mark Henry’s performance Monday night will be remembered for years and was, without question, Mark’s finest hour since we signed him in 1995.
– The Punk/Heyman dynamic has long legs and the verbal presentation of their issues should be priceless. Plus, this matter provides young, Curtis Axel an opportunity for more ‘rubs’ with established stars.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!