WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
– Follow me on Twitter @JRsBBQ for the latest news that will be released later today (Monday) on my first USA one man show entitled ‘Jim Ross: RINGSIDE!’ My first of several 2014 shows will emanate from NYC and the venue, date and ticket info will be released today by Live Nation who will be promoting our shows.
I do know that tickets for the New York City inaugural event will go on sale this week. It’s an exciting time for my family and me as I am looking forward to an exciting and rewarding 2014. Another adventure begins…phase two.
– Been asked a great many times if I was going to be on or at RAW in OKC tonight and the answer is no but I will be watching from our home in Norman, Oklahoma. I hope WWE has great success in my home state and RAW, especially, gets a much needed ‘win.’
– Another frequently asked topic concerns the potential of Hulk Hogan at WM30. I brought this up several weeks ago when his TNA contract expired as feel that Hulk could add to WM30 if strategically utilized and that doesn’t mean in a wrestling match. That would not be an option for me but there are endless, creative ways in which to use one of WWE’s all time biggest stars at their biggest event of the year and most earmarked WrestleMania since WM20.
– If the WWE and World Title are unified prior to WM30, apparently that is what is going to happen at the TLC PPV, then the biggest match currently, on paper at least for me at WM30 would be the Undisputed Champion vs. The Undertaker in a Title vs. The Streak match. Perhaps something else will get hot between now and April but as of today, unless more alums are brought back meaningfully, that seems to be the best main event available on the current roster.
– Another Twitter topic brought to my attention…The Shield has been a tremendous addition to WWE since their debut. I saw them all evolve in NXT and know that each of the trio has a significant upside. All three of them without question. But let’s not anoint The Shield just yet as the next Evolution much less the bench mark for all wrestling entities, The Four Horsemen. The Shield simply has not had the time to build that body of work in an era of little depth that may well preclude them from being together long enough to even approach what Evolution or the Horsemen accomplished.