- Tonight’s RAW kicks off with Edge attacking Evan Bourne in the ring. Edge screams this is his ring and stomps away on Bourne. Cole says that Edge came out to open RAW and Bourne came out and said it was his time. Apparently this is what led to the brawl to open the show. Edge throws Bourne off the ropes and he mounts a comeback. Bourne unloads with kicks. Bourne dazes Edge with a knee to the face then drops him with a kick. Bourne goes for Air Bourne but Edge moves out of the way. Bourne gets up and Edge hits him with the spear. Cole explains that Bourne said before RAW that if he beat Edge, he would get his spot in the Fatal 4 Way main event. Edge takes the mic now and says what just happened to Bourne will happen to his opponents at Fatal 4 Way. Edge says everyone keeps disrespecting him. Edge runs down his opponents at Fatal 4 Way. Edge gets the crowd to chant RKO when talking about Orton. He calls them sheep who hopped into the snake pit. Edge says at Fatal 4 Way, he will prove everyone wrong for all the disrespect. Edge says he will become a 10-time WWE Champion. Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes.
Cole welcomes us to RAW as Orton comes out to the ring. Edge taunts Orton and says everyone knows Orton isn’t 100% because of what happened at Over the Limit. Edge says Orton won’t win at Fatal 4 Way. Edge says he will hurt Orton and he isn’t kidding. Orton RKO’s Edge out of nowhere and climbs the turnbuckle to pose as his music plays to a big pop.
- Cole and Lawler plug tonight’s tag team main event and Ashton Kutcher’s appearance, which will happen next. We see Edge staring at Orton from the ring as we go to commercial.
- We see Ashton Kutcher reading his Twitter page backstage, talking about Zack Ryder talking trash. Eve walks in and gives him a hug. They talk about Ryder talking trash to him on Twitter. Eve asks what he’s going to do about it. Kutcher plugs his new movie Killers, where he plays a hitman, and says tonight he’s going to put a hit out on Ryder. It could be anyone who takes the hit, he says. The Miz walks in and says Ashton wanted to see him because he’s the biggest WWE star. The video here looks like it’s filmed different than usual. Ashton says he spoke with Bret Hart earlier and they made a match for Miz. Kutcher says they got a one-night contract for Daniel Bryan. Ashton asks Miz if he’s scared. Miz says he’s going to beat Bryan to a bloody pulp tonight. Kutcher says that’s going to be hard to do when Bryan makes him tap out. Ashton and Miz have words. Ashton tells him to get ready for his match because he doesn’t want to feel the Farm Hand. Eve asks if she can see the Farm Hand.
R-Truth vs. Chris Jericho
We go to the ring where Justin Roberts introduces the new United States Champion – R-Truth. Out comes Truth to the ring. Out next comes Truth’s opponent, Chris Jericho, for this non-title match.
The bell rings and Jericho points at Truth. Truth dances a bit and they lock up. Jericho goes to the mat with a headlock and a shoulderblock. They run the ropes and Truth hits a big hip toss. Truth slingshots Jericho through the ropes and to the floor. Truth comes flying out onto Jericho on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho has Truth in a headlock after taking control during the commercial. Truth comes back and gets a rollup for 2. Jericho with an enziguri and a 2 count. Jericho slaps Truth in the head and chokes him with the ropes. Jericho hits a suplex and gets some heat from the crowd. Truth comes off the ropes and hits Jericho with a big forearm. Truth dances around and drops Jericho with a right. Truth with a head scissors take down and a big boot to the face for a 2 count. More back and forth until Truth goes for the scissors kick. He misses and Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho. Truth kicks out of it and hits a facebuster like move on Jericho for a 2 count. The ref gets in the way and Jericho puts his thumb in Truth’s eye. Jericho hits a clothesline for a 2 count. Jericho mocks Truth now and gets kicked in the face. Truth dances around some more and misses the spin kick. Jericho goes for the Walls again. Truth rolls out of it and rolls Jericho up for the pinfall and the win.
- After the match, Jericho sits in the ring looking shocked as Truth celebrates with the fans on his way up the ramp. We get ready for another commercial break.
- Back from the break and we get a replay from last week of Batista quitting and Bret Hart being announced as the new General Manager then putting Randy Orton in the Fatal 4 Way match via forfeit.
- We go backstage with Alicia Fox and Zack Ryder. He’s upset about Ashton Kutcher. Zack is talking to Bret Hart and accuses Bret of being hired by Ashton. Bret says he has way bigger things on his plate right now and they walk off. The Hart Dynasty walks in. Bret says he brought The Uso’s to RAW but didn’t know they would be attacking the Harts. Bret says he isn’t going to punish them though. Bret says it appears the Uso’s are trying to make a statement and asks the Harts what are they going to do about it?
Eve and Santino Marella vs. Maryse and William Regal
We go to the ring where Santino Marella and the WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres make their way to the ring. We go to commercial before their opponents come out.
Back from commercial and out come the opponents, Maryse and William Regal. Kozlov comes out with Regal. Santino takes the mic and calls Regal’s theme wanna-be Darth Vader music. Santino asks Kozlov why he stays with Regal when he has the chance to team with Santino and be the greatest tag team. More comedy from Santino before the bell rings. It’s Maryse and Eve starting things out.
Eve and Maryse go back and forth to start the match until Regal and Santino are tagged in. A Santino chant starts up. Santino does some comedy kick attempts until Regal drops him with a right. Regal unloads with knees to the gut and a right hand. Regal continues the assault and hits a big clothesline in the corner. Regal with a nice throw and then the Regal Stretch. Eve comes in and kicks Regal. Maryse comes in and they brawl. Kozlov enters the ring and when Regal turns around, he chokeslams Regal and walks off up the ramp with Maryse behind him. Santino takes advantage and pins Regal for the win.
Winners: Santino Marella and Eve
- We see Bret Hart walking backstage as we go to commercial. Cole says Bret has an announcement regarding next week’s show.
- Back from the break and WWE airs a video for Memorial Day, dedicating tonight’s RAW to those we have lost. It’s a nice video.
- We go in the arena where Justin Roberts introduces RAW’s General Manager Bret Hart. Out comes Bret to the ring. Bret says he’s been having so much fun in the past week as GM. Bret says he got together with Teddy Long to plan something special for next week. All of the RAW and SmackDown Superstars will be there for a three-hour show. Bret says he and Teddy want the fans to give their ideas for next week’s RAW and says if the Superstars have ideas, bring them to him. Bret says next week’s show will be a night to remember and a whole lot of fun. Out comes Ted DiBiase and Virgil.
Ted enters the ring and says he has a suggestion for next week. Give the show to him, let him be General Manager for a night. Ted wants complete control. Ted says he’s willing to pay Bret and Long whatever it takes. Ted says Bret isn’t too good to be bought. Ted brings up Ted Sr. and how everyone has a price. Ted says that includes Bret. Ted says Bret needs money, that’s why he came back to WWE. Ted says he can make all of Bret’s problems disappear if he just names his price. Ashton Kutcher appears on the big screen and says to hold up.
Ashton proposes that it be a RAW Viewer’s Choice next week where the fans get to pick the matches, the stipulations and everything else. Bret says that’s a good idea and announces next week as Viewer’s Choice. No Chance hits and out comes Vince McMahon to a big pop!
Vince walks down to the ring and gets the fans to pop for him. He tries to get them to boo Bret and it really doesn’t work. Vince says Bret looks 10 years older since WrestleMania. Vince says he’s never looked and felt better. Vince talks about WrestleMania and Bret smashing him with the chair over and over. Vince said that would have injured a normal man. Vince asks if Bret got everything built up out of his system. The crowd starts chanting “you tapped out” to Vince. He says not really. Vince talks about Bret taking the job of GM. Vince wonders why he ok’d that decision to let Bret have the job. Vince says Bret will have to make some tough decisions down the road. Vince says you have to treat the fans like children. Vince says they can’t make the right decisions so Bret has to make them. Vince says he came out here to wish Bret luck and asks Bret if he believes that. Bret doesn’t. Vince says it’s a good story that a man who was banned from the show 13 years ago has came back to run the show. Vince says he hopes Bret’s career as General Manager has a happy ending. Vince looks at Bret as No Chance starts playing again. Vince gets the crowd to pop for him and struts around the ring before making his exit.
- We see Zack Ryder backstage talking to Randy Orton, asking him if he’s who Ashton hired to take him out. Orton says if it was him they wouldn’t be having this conversation. Alicia pulls him away to find out who Ashton hired. Edge comes out of nowhere and attacks Orton, laying him out. Edge rammed the door into Orton’s shoulder and now he’s holding it. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see a replay of Edge’s attack on Randy Orton before the commercial. Cole says trainers are tending to Orton now and questions if he will be able to perform in tonight’s main event.
The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring where The Miz makes his way out for the next match against his NXT Rookie. The NXT theme music hits as Daniel Bryan makes his way to the ring. Cole has already began his trash talking. We go to a replay of Bryan’s attack on Cole & Miz last week during NXT. Both men are pissed as the bell rings and they go at it. Bryan drops Miz first with punches and mounts him. Bryan locks on an armbar but Miz gets the ropes. Bryan misses a splash in the corner and Miz clotheslines him. Miz works over Bryan now with a series of rights to the jaw and a kick to the head. 2 count by Miz. Miz works Bryan over in the corner now until the referee pulls him off.
Miz goes to the top and lands on Bryan. Miz slaps and taunts Bryan. Bryan rolls him up in a crossface-like move. Miz turns it into a 2 count and Bryan counters that for the pinfall and the win out of nowhere.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Miz attacks Bryan and throws him over the ropes and to the floor. Miz comes out to the floor and continues the attack. Miz holds Bryan up and tells him to apologize to Cole. Bryan slams Miz’s face into the announcers table and throws Miz over the table into Cole. Bryan makes his exit as Miz is fuming and Cole lays on the ground. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole is pissed off about the attack from Daniel Bryan. Lawler leads us into a replay of The Uso’s attack on The Hart Dynasty last week. We go to the ring where Jimmy, Jules and Tamina are in the ring, in street clothes. Jimmy and Jules say right now, they have the world tripping, wondering who they are. The crowd starts chanting “you suck.” They say that the Harts aren’t the only family to run deep in wrestling. They talk about being Samoan and say they’re in our colleges, getting our scholarships and in law firms. Yep. Uso’s said they had to make a name and the Harts were in the wrong place at the wrong time, ‘patnas.’ Tamina takes the mic and says that’s right, brothers. She says they respect where the Harts come from. Tamina talks about her father Jimmy Snuka. Tamina says they were born for one purpose. They all say it at the same time – “dominate.” The Hart Dynasty music hits and out come the Unified Tag Champions with Natalya. They brawl with the Uso’s and Tamina, getting the upper-hand. They go for the Hart Attack but Tamina pulls Tyson’s leg. Tamina clotheslines Natalya on the floor. The Uso’s hit a double kick on Smith and a huge Samoan Drop on Tyson. Tamina comes in and they all three hit splashes off the top rope on the Harts. A hip-hop theme plays as the Uso’s and Tamina head up the ramp. Lawler finally acknowledges that they are Rikishi’s twin sons.
- We get a replay from earlier where Randy Orton laid Edge out with the RKO. They hype the main event but say that Randy Orton is unable to compete. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Zack Ryder and Alicia Fox. Ryder talks about Kutcher taking a hit out on him. Ryder demands that Ashton tell him who it is. Ashton appears on the big screen. Jerry Lawler sneaks in the ring with a steel chair and sits down. They’re just messing with Ryder here. It’s not Lawler. Out comes Ashton’s hitman… The Great Khali. Ashton says it’s not him either. Khali leaves, Ryder gets back in the ring and out comes… Goldust. Ashton says it’s not him either. Ashton says he’s never going to see it coming. Alicia takes the mic and tells Ashton she’s tired of the joke. She drops the mic and Ryder goes to pick it up. Alicia scissor kicks Ryder and lays him out. Ashton reveals Alicia as his hitman. Ashton says some stuff but at this point it really doesn’t matter.
- Edge is getting ready backstage when Sheamus walks in. He says he likes what Edge did to Orton earlier. Edge cuts him off and says they should work together to take John Cena out tonight. Sheamus tells Edge that if he crosses him tonight, it will be his last mistake. We go to commercial.
Edge and Sheamus vs. John Cena and Evan Bourne
We’re back and out comes Edge for tonight’s main event. His partner Sheamus is out next. The WWE Champion John Cena comes out next and stops on the stage. Cena announces that Randy Orton has re-injured his shoulder and can’t compete tonight. Cena says every WWE star hates Edge and Sheamus so that means he can choose anybody for his partner. Cena introduces his partner… Evan Bourne. Bourne and Cena hit the ring to a big pop.
The bell rings and it’s Cena locking up with Edge. Edge strikes first and rocks Cena back into the corner, sending him to the mat with rights. Cena hits the bulldog on Edge and tags in Bourne. Bourne comes off the top with a shot to the arm of Edge. Bourne takes Edge to the mat and works on the arm. Edge fights out but Bourne hits a big scissors takedown and some spin kicks. Edge rolls out to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena is brawling with Sheamus in the ring. Bourne comes in and hits a big dropkick on Sheamus in the corner for a 2 count. Bourne kicks Sheamus but gets dropped with a big shoulder. Sheamus slams Bourne into the corner and tags in Edge. Edge works over Bourne now and stomps him. Shieamus is tagged back in. Sheamus goes for a big suplex but Bourne kicks out and kicks away at Sheamus’ leg. Bourne tries to tag but Sheamus lays him out for a 2 count. Sheamus stands on Bourne and tags back in Edge. Edge launches Bourne into the corner for a 2 count. Edge kicks Bourne in the face and sends him to the mat for another 2 count. Edge with a headlock now.
Bourne comes back with an enziguri as the crowd gets into it. Cena and Sheamus are tagged in. Cena unloads on Sheamus with his normal moves. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment. Sheamus counters it and slams Cena. Sheamus charges but Bourne kicks him in the head. Cena hits the AA on Sheamus. Edge runs in for a spear but hits the ring post. Bourne is tagged in and hits the Air Bourne on Sheamus for the pinfall and the win as the crowd explodes.
Winners: Evan Bourne and John Cena
- After the match, Bourne and Cena celebrate in the ring as Bourne’s music plays. Cole and Lawler play it up as a big moment for Bourne as we go to commercial. RAW goes off the air with Bourne and Cena celebrating in the ring.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|17||Hulk Hogan Says Steve Austin Is A "Constant Bitch"|
|14||Backstage News on the Status of WWE's Stable with Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods|
|11||Video: Ryback Comments On His Injuries From The Hospital|
|6||Backstage News on Why WWE Might Be Calling Charlotte Up, WWE Network Rushed In Canada|
|5||Who Was Responsible for John Cena's Strong Booking on RAW and Why, Another RAW Change|