- The final WWE Monday Night RAW of 2010 kicks off with the normal RAW opening video. And we’re live from the Times Union Center in Albany, New York as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW.
- We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena to a big pop. Cena hits the ring and gets some boo’s from the crowd. Cena says he’s upset about something that happened last week. Cena shows on the big screen and some fans start chanting for CM Punk. Cena talks about accidentally spilling Punk’s diet soda a few weeks back. Cena shows a clip from SmackDown where Punk attacked him after the match against Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. Cena calls Punk out to the ring.
Punk comes out to the stage and mocks Cena for being a fan favorite. Punk goes on to talk about how Cena said he was leaving and kept coming back week after week. Punk says Cena’s word is absolutely worthless. Punk talks about Cena dropping the chairs on Wade Barrett at TLC and says it wasn’t acceptable. Cena defends his actions against Nexus. Punk calls Cena a hypocrite and says Cena ended the career of his good friend Batista. Punk recalls Batista’s last match where Cena put him through the stage. Punk goes on to talk about Cena humiliating Vickie Guerrero. Cena defends his actions against Batista and Vickie Guerrero. Cena goes on and Punk says he isn’t laughing, Cena isn’t funny.
Punk says Cena will change and he will facilitate those changes. Punk says Cena’s phony actions aren’t going to cut it anymore. Punk says he knows the real Cena and the fake Cena is going to stop. Cena says Punk is talking a big game with his theories. Cena says they can settle their issues in the ring. Punk calls Cena predictable and says this is his show tonight and it’s happening on his terms. Punk says sometime tonight, it will be him in the ring calling Cena out. Punk says his attacks over the past few weeks were nothing compared to what he has in store for Cena tonight. Punk promises that Cena will never forget it. Punk wishes Cena and his fans watching a very happy New Year and his music hits. Punk and Cena stare each other down.
- Cole and Lawler plug tonight’s Sheamus vs. Randy Orton match and the Lawler vs. The Miz later on. Cole says Miz has requested the match. We go to commercial.
Ted DiBiase vs. Santino Marella
Back from commercial and Ted DiBiase is in the ring waiting with Maryse. Out next comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella with his girlfriend Tamina. The bell rings and Ted drops Santino with a right hand. Ted goes to work on Santino on the mat with rights and knees. They run the ropes and Ted hits a big clothesline for a 2 count. They go back and forth until Santino rolls Ted up out of nowhere and gets the win.
Winner: Santino Marella
- After the match, Tamina gets in the ring with Santino. He has a present for her and makes the Cobra come up out of a gift. Ted DiBiase and Maryse attack them from behind. Santino and Tamina get beat down until they make the comeback and take out Ted and Maryse. Tamina and Santino hit Cobras on Ted and Maryse before giving each other a Cobra kiss to end the segment.
- We go backstage with The Miz and Alex Riley. Miz says Riley must win his match against John Morrison tonight and beat him so bad that he won’t want to face Miz ever. Miz says he’s going to pick apart Jerry Lawler tonight and humiliate him. Miz says he will do the same to John Morrison if anything is left after Riley is done with him. Morrison walks in and says if he beats Riley tonight, he picks the stipulation and when they have their WWE Title match. If Morrison loses, he will no longer be the #1 contender, as proposed by Riley. They accept the challenge and Morrison walks off. We go to commercial in the middle of Miz talking to Riley.
John Morrison vs. Alex Riley
Back from commercial and out comes John Morrison for the next match. The Miz’s music hits next and out comes the WWE Champion with Alex Riley. The bell rings and they lock up. Morrison goes for a hold from behind but Riley hits him. Morrison takes it to the corner with right hands and hits a backbreaker and leg sweep combination. 2 count by Morrison. Riley takes control of the match and gets a 2 count before going to a headlock on the mat.
Riley ducks a clothesline from Morrison and suplexes him for another 2 count. Riley goes to work with stomps and puts the boot on Morrison in the corner. Riley with a running clothesline for another 2 count. Riley applies a submission as Miz looks on from ringside. Morrison fights out and starts fighting back with right hands. Morrison drops Riley twice and hits a big dropkick to the jaw. Morrison with a boot to the mouth. Morrison goes for a springboard move but Miz knocks him off the ropes. The referee has Miz ejected and sends him to the back. Riley rolls Morrison up from behind for a 2 count. Morrison hits a springboard kick to the face and a big knee to the jaw for the pin and the win, as Miz looks on from the ramp.
Winner: John Morrison
- After the match, Morrison goes to ringside to shake Lawler’s hand. He announces he will get his WWE Title shot on next week’s RAW in a Falls Count Anywhere Match. We go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and we see The Miz and Alex Riley arguing. Miz is furious.
- We go to CM Punk talking to a cameraman. He wants to make sure that the cameraman doesn’t miss any of the action when he calls John Cena out tonight.
- We go backstage to Daniel Bryan and The Bella Twins talking about Christmas. Tyson Kidd walks in with his bodyguard Jackson Andrews. Kidd says he will be United States Champion in 2011, thanks to his bodyguard. Kidd tells Bryan to watch his match tonight to see what he can do to him.
- Josh Matthews walks into Randy Orton’s lockerroom and talks about his feud in 2010 with Sheamus. Orton says he wants to see Miz win the WWE Title match next week so when he becomes champion again, he can do it by beating Miz. Orton talks about facing Sheamus tonight and says King Sheamus’ reign comes to an abrupt and painful end tonight. We go back to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. Tyson Kidd
Out to the ring comes Mark Henry. Josh Matthews has joined Michael Cole on commentary. Out next comes Tyson Kidd with his bodyguard Jackson Andrews. They go to lock up and Kidd goes behind Henry and hits him. This angers Henry, who knocks Kidd to the mat and goes to work on him. Henry scoop slams Kidd and goes to sit down on him but Kidd moves out of the way.
Kidd hits a big dropkick and goes to work on Henry. Kidd wrenches Henry’s neck and keeps him down on one knee. Henry charges in the corner but runs into a boot. Kidd goes up top but jumps right into Henry’s arms. Henry hits the World’s Strongest Slam for the pin and the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
- After the match, Henry motions for Andrews to get in the ring and he does. They come face to face in the middle of the ring. Andrews kicks Henry in the gut but misses a clothesline. Henry hits the World’s Strongest Slam on Andrews and lays him out. Henry celebrates to his music as we go to replays.
- We get a replay of Jerry Lawler pinning The Miz on last week’s show before going back to commercial.
The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler
Back from commercial and out comes WWE Champion The Miz for this non-title match. Alex Riley is right behind him. Miz takes the mic and says everyone in the crowd is intimidated by him, as are Randy Orton, John Morrison and Jerry Lawler. Miz says he is the most must see WWE Champion. Miz says he doesn’t get intimidated, he intimidates. Miz continues to put himself over and says nobody compares to him in WWE. Miz says nobody from the past holds a candle to his ability or his talent. Miz continues to get the crowd heated and rips on them. Out next comes WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler. The bell rings and here we go.
The crowd chants for Lawler as they lock up. Miz takes Lawler down and walks on top of his back. They lock up again and Miz applies a headlock. Miz takes Lawler back down with a shoulderblock. They lock up again and Miz takes it to the corner, causing the ref to break it up. Lawler mounts a comeback now and takes Miz down with two shoulders and then a third. No pin for Lawler. They go at it again and Miz strikes this time. Miz beats Lawler down and mocks him, kicking him.
Miz continues to punish Lawler. Miz with a headlock now. Lawler fights back to his feet and out of the hold but Miz throws him back to the mat. Miz with a running boot to the face. Miz distracts the ref as Alex Riley takes a cheap shot at Lawler. Miz continues to mock and beat up Lawler. Miz with more kicks and stomps and a rake to the face. Miz mounts Lawler on the mat and talks trash to him. Miz works Lawler over in the corners now and chokes him on the ropes. Riley takes another cheap shot at Lawler. Out of nowhere John Morrison’s music hits and he comes out to the stage, distracting Miz. Morrison walks down the ramp. Miz charges Lawler in the corner with a big clothesline. Lawler ducks the second one and falls on the ropes. Miz charges but Lawler moves again. Lawler rocks Miz with left and right hands to the face.
Lawler dropkicks Miz three times in a row and covers him for a 2 count as Morrison applauds at ringside. Lawler goes for a scoop slam but Miz pushes him back in the corner. Miz charges but Lawler moves out of the way again. Miz ends up on the apron and drops Lawler’s neck over the top rope. Miz climbs up top but Lawler kicks him off. Miz falls to the floor and hits his face on the steel steps. Riley tries to sneak in the ring but the referee turns around and sees him. Morrison takes advantage and take sout Miz on the floor. The referee continues to count out Miz. Miz can’t make it back in the ring and is counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Jerry Lawler
- After the match, Lawler and Morrison celebrate in the ring while Miz is shocked. Morrison tells Miz that he’s only as good as his last match and to remember that for next week.
- We go backstage with Sheamus, who is admiring his crown. CM Punk walks up and they’re on friendly terms. Punk asks Sheamus how many times John Cena has disrespected him or insulted him. Punk tells Sheamus to keep an eye on his surprise for Cena later tonight. Punk says he’s doing it for all the guys who have been on the other end of a Cena insult and the guys who have been subjected to his self righteousness. Punk wishes Sheamus good luck in his match tonight. Sheamus thanks him but says he doesn’t need luck and walks off. We go back to commercial.
Melina and Alicia Fox vs. Eve Torres and Gail Kim
We come back and the team of Melina and Alicia Fox is in the ring as Divas Champion Natalya joins commentary. We see a replay of Melina slapping Natalya last week as Eve and Gail Kim come out. Eve and Alicia start things out for their teams. Alicia goes to work on Eve. Eve fights back with kicks and a clothesline. Eve goes for a moonsault but Alicia puts her knees up. 2 count by Alicia.
Melina comes in to keep control of the match. Gail is tagged in and she takes out Melina with a dropkick and a spear in the corner. Gail hits a missile dropkick off the top for a 2 count as Alicia breaks up the pin. Eve comes in and takes Alicia to the floor. Melina and Gail go at it in the ring. Melina hits her Sunset Split for the pin and the win.
Winners: Melina and Alicia Fox
- After the match, Natalya comes in the ring. It sounds like Melina is trying to apologize and extends her hand to Natalya. Natalya shakes it. Melina goes to slap Natalya but she blocks it and lays Melina out.
Daniel Bryan vs. Zack Ryder
Back from commercial and WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Zack Ryder is already in progress. The Bella Twins are watching at ringside. They go back and forth. Ryder hits a big kick to the face in the corner for a 2 count. Ryder with a neckbreaker and another 2 count.
Bryan applies the LaBell Lock on Ryder for the quick submission win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Bryan is in the ring celebrating with the Bellas when the RAW General Manager’s alert goes off. Michael Cole reads a message from the GM about 2011. While he’s reading, The Miz attacks Jerry Lawler and starts beating him with a microphone. Miz unloads on Lawler, beating him up. Miz slams Lawler’s face into the announcer’s table and throws him into the steel steps. Miz lays Lawler out on the floor with the Skull Crushing Finale. Officials run down to check on Lawler and Miz backs away up the ramp to tons of heat as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Randy Orton
Back from commercial and out comes Sheamus for the next match. His opponent Randy Orton is out next to a big pop from the crowd. The bell rings and they lock up. They tangle and go to the corner where Sheamus strikes first. Orton turns it around with right hands in the corner. Sheamus fires back with kicks and punches. Orton turns it around one more time with uppercuts. They go to the opposite corner and continue to trade shots. Orton jumps on top of Sheamus and unloads with right hands. Orton stomps on Sheamus now.
Orton goes for a big knee but Sheamus moves out of the way and takes control. Sheamus drops knees and an elbow on Orton now before applying an arm lock. Orton turns things around and stomps on Sheamus now. Orton with a big knee drop for a 2 count. Sheamus takes control again and works Orton over in the corner. Orton comes back with a big clothesline. Orton goes for the second rope DDT but Sheamus counters it and dumps Orton to the apron. Orton fights back and dumps Sheamus over the top and to the floor. Sheamus hits Orton’s head on the ringpost and brings him back in the ring for a 2 count as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus is still in control of Randy Orton. Orton fights out of a hold with a headbutt to Sheamus. Sheamus scoops Orton and hits a big powerslam for a 2 count. Sheamus continues the assault with big forearm shots across the chest. Orton fights back again but Sheamus stops him. Sheamus charges in the corner but Orton moves and he hits the ringpost. They go up top and Orton hits a big superplex for a 2 count. They trade right hands. Orton with a kick to the gut and an uppercut. Sheamus with more right hands. They trade rights again in the center of the ring. Sheamus goes for a slam but Orton counters. Orton with clotheslines and a scoop slam.
Orton counters in the corner but runs into a boot. Orton drops Sheamus again but only gets a 2 count. Sheamus counters now and hits the Irish Curse backbreaker for 2. Sheamus goes for the kick but Orton goes for an RKO. Sheamus counters and drops Orton. Sheamus signals for the High Cross finisher now. Orton slides out of it and hits his backbreaker. Orton hits the mat and stalks Sheamus. Sheamus rolls to the apron. Sheamus bounces over the top rope with a shoulder block but Orton catches him in mid-air with an RKO for the pin and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- We see John Cena backstage headed to the ring as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes John Cena to the ring. Cena talks about CM Punk calling him out earlier. Cena says if Punk wants some, come get some. Punk’s music hits but he doesn’t come out. Next, the music of Nexus hits and out they come to the ring, minus Wade Barrett. David Otunga enters the ring while the rest of them stand outside. Otunga talks about Cena attacking him with a chair. Otunga says Nexus is under new management now. Otunga says he doesn’t want a conflict with Cena.
Otunga extends his hand for a shake. Cena says he knows why Nexus did what they did. Cena says if he thought what Otunga was saying was genuine, he would shake his hand infront of everyone. Cena says Otunga is nothing but a spineless, backstabbing worm of a man. Cena says he doesn’t trust him and there will be no moving forward between them. Cena says he has two options. Turn around and move backwards or throw hands and see what happens. Cena drops the mic. Otunga steps back out of the ring. Nexus heads back up the ramp but abruptly turn around and rush Cena in the ring, beating him down.
Nexus hit their finishers on Cena. Gabriel goes to the top and hits the 450 splash. Nexus stand above Cena in the ring and pose as their music hits. As they head up the ramp, CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes. Punk walks right past them and to the ring where Cena is laid out. Punk lifts Cena up and hits the GTS. Punk goes outside and gets a chair, bringing it back in. He goes to hit Cena with the chair but stops in mid-air. Punk sits down in the chair and looks at Cena. Punk picks up a Nexus armband off the mat and puts it on. Punk stands up and raises his arm to the other Nexus members on the ramp. Punk’s music hits and RAW goes off the air with him keeping his hand raised to Nexus.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|8||Backstage News on Hulk Hogan Looking to Wrestle, Who He Wants to Face at WrestleMania 31|
|8||Backstage News on Why WWE Might Not Bring Bully Ray Back When He's Done with TNA|
|7||What WWE Officials Think About Dean Ambrose, Big Show's Weight, Gowen Talks McMahon|
|7||Hulk Hogan Threatens Brock Lesnar, Says Lesnar Crossed a Line with Recent Comment on RAW|
|6||Former WWE Diva Takes Ice Bucket Challenge, Fans Upset During WWE SummerSlam Match|