- Tonight’s RAW kicks off with a recap video of the NXT invasion angle last week. There is some footage of Daniel Bryan but none of the tie incident with Justin Roberts.
– WE go to the arena where Wade Barrett is standing in the ring. The crowd boo’s him big time. Barrett introduces himself, for those that don’t know him, he says. Barrett says he’s in the ring now because RAW’s GM Bret Hart demanded that he come and apologize for his actions last week. Barrett invites the rest of the Season 1 Rookies to the ring and out they come, through the crowd. There is no sign of Daniel Bryan.
Cole and Lawler get up and walk away as they feel uncomfortable. Barrett asks Heath Slater to apologize first. He says no, he would do it again. Barrett asks Justin Gabriel next. He won’t apologize either. Barrett asks Skip Sheffield next and he has on apologies and no regrets. Barrett asks Tarver if he’s feeling apologetic. Tarver said the look of fear on everyone’s face made his dreams and there’s nobody in WWE who can make him apologize. Barrett asks Darren Young to apologize and he says no chance. Barrett asks David Otunga next. Otunga says after the way they were treated, WWE needs to apologize to them. Barrett says it’s unanimous, no apologies. Barrett says they were treated like animals on NXT and now they’re behaving like animals.
Barrett says WWE officials tried to make a joke out of them but after RAW last week, nobody was laughing. Barrett says they destroyed RAW last week and impressed everyone. Bret Hart’s music hits and out comes the General Manager. Bret says they all look pretty proud of themselves. Bret says 8 guys on 1 makes you a coward, not tough. Wade Barrett brings up Daniel Bryan and says he had remorse like Bret does. Barrett says this is why you will never see Daniel Bryan again. Barrett says they have no problem with anyone in the WWE locker room, it’s between them and management. Barrett says it’s time to get down to business. He has a WWE contract and a WWE Title shot at a pay-per-view of his choosing. Barrett says the other Rookies have demands.
Otunga takes the mic and says they all want guaranteed WWE contracts, their own private dressing rooms and first-class travel accommodations. Otunga says if WWE fails to comply with even one of their demands, last week will be just the beginning. Barrett reminds Bret that Vince McMahon told him weeks ago that he would have tough choices as RAW GM and this is one of them. Barrett says he and the Rookies are young polished athletes who are ready to fight. He says Bret could change history by giving them contracts. Bret’s answer for them is no. The crowd likes this. Bret says he isn’t signing any of them. Barrett interrupts and says Bret is making a big mistake. Bret says they are the ones making big mistakes. Bret says Barrett can forget about getting a WWE Title shot on pay-per-view because… you’re fired. Bret fires Barrett. Bret tells the rest of them to get out of the ring now or he will call police and have them removed for trespassing. Bret says they are all done.
The Rookies just stand in the ring. Sheffield says it’s their time and they’re not leaving. We go to commercial.
Fatal 4 Way Match for the WWE US Title: R-Truth vs. John Morrison vs. Zack Ryder vs. The Miz
Back from the break and we’ve got a Fatal Four Way match for the WWE United States Title. Out first comes the United States Champion, R-Truth, who is from Charlotte. Out next comes John Morrison followed by Zack Ryder and finally The Miz. The bell rings and Ryder goes at it with Morrison while Truth and Miz go at it. Morrison dumps Ryder to the floor and dropkicks Miz. It’s down to Morrison and Truth. They lock up and go back and forth. Truth with a 2 count.
Ryder comes in and takes out Truth. He comes over the top rope onto Truth but lands on the floor. Miz comes over and takes out Ryder. Miz and Morrison go at it on the apron. Morrison powerbombs Miz from the apron onto Ryder and the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Morrison lays out Miz for a 2 count. Another 2 count by Morrison. Morrison drops Ryder on the top rope and they fight it out in the corner. Morrison goes for a superplex but Ryder blocks it. Truth comes over and powerbombs them both off the top. Truth covers Miz for a 2 count. Truth goes for three more consecutive pin attempts. Truth beats down Miz and Ryder then drops Morrison on his face. Truth hits the scissors kick on Ryder for a 2 count as Miz makes the save. Miz clears the ring and it’s him with Ryder. Miz hits a big clothesline in the corner on Ryder. Miz goes to the floor and Morrison drops him with a huge clothesline. Truth hits the flying forearm on Ryder in the ring but only gets 2 as Morrison breaks the pin. Morrison and Truth go at it. They dump Miz to the floor. Morrison misses a springboard attack. Truth hits a nice cutter type move for a 2 count as Ryder stops it.
Ryder hits the Ruff Ryder on Truth for a 2 count. Morrison makes the save and dumps Ryder. Morrison hits Starship Pain on Truth. Miz comes over and throws Morrison out of the ring. Miz covers Truth for the pinfall, the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE United States Champion: The Miz
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and Randy Orton. He asks Orton about the status of his shoulder for Sunday’s Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view. Orton says anything can happen in a fatal four way, just wait and see. Josh asks Orton his thoughts on last week’s NXT invasion. Orton says part of him has to respect the Rookies but an even bigger part of him thinks they’re nothing but a bunch of punks. Orton says they deserve to be fired or beaten up. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a preview of Big Show on this Thursday’s Royal Pains on USA Network. Show and Royal Pains star Mark Feuerstein are tonight’s RAW hosts. We go backstage with Mark and The Bella Twins. Mark says the Bellas would be perfect fits for his TV show. He plugs Thursday’s show with Big Show. Ted DiBiase walks in with Virgil. Ted says he might have a brand new car for Mark if he makes him co-host of RAW tonight. Mark says he has integrity and tells Ted no. Big Show appears behind Virgil and Ted as Mark insults Ted. Ted tells Virgil to handle it and they finally see Big Show. Show proposes himself and Feuerstein vs. Virgil and Ted in a tag team match. It’s agreed on and Ted walks off with Virgil. Mark jumps into Big Show’s arm and it confuses The Bella Twins, who walk off.
– We see John Cena walking backstage as we take another commercial break.
Chris Jericho vs. Evan Bourne
Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho to the ring. Out next comes his opponent, Evan Bourne. The bell rings and Jericho unloads on Bourne. Bourne counters with a headscissors and a dropkick to the face. Bourne with a 2 count. Bourne kicks at Jericho. The announcers play up Jericho’s losing streak and how he’s been upset. Jericho fights back and backdrops Bourne, taunting him. Jericho chokes Bourne in the ropes. Jericho with a headlock now.
Bourne fights back with kicks and a big flying kick. Bourne with a sunset flip but Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho. Bourne counters and rolls Jericho up for a close 2 count. Jericho hits the Codebreaker but Bourne kicks out at 2. Jericho wails away on Bourne now with kicks and punches. The referee tries to get him off. Jericho pulls his fist back at the referee and is disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Evan Bourne
– After the match, Jericho is pissed. He goes to bring Bourne into the ring for an attack but Bourne kicks him in the head. Bourne nails Air Bourne from the top and celebrates with his music.
– Lawler says that John Cena will be out next to address what happened last week. We go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and out comes the WWE Champion John Cena. Cena says he was given the night off tonight by Bret Hart but after what happened last week, he has to handle things the only way he knows how. Cena thanks Bret for not caving in to the Rookies’ demands. Cena says some of him admires what the Rookies did last week. Cena says their plan was almost brilliant. He says their problem is with WWE management but they solved it by taking RAW away from the WWE Universe. Cena says they just made themselves 5 million new enemies. Cena says they destroyed a WWE ring, which is considered sacred ground. Cena says all WWE Superstars want the Rookies’ heads on plates. Cena says Wade Barrett was fired but that doesn’t solve anything. Cena says the Rookies aren’t worried about getting arrested. Cena says they’ve been thrown out tonight and he knows they’re not in the arena, but he is. Cena says he is going to Fatal 4 Way and will be on RAW the next night. Cena says he will demand every night that the Rookies come out and end this. Cena says they have all been fired from WWE but he will not press charges if they fight. The Rookies start coming through the crowd and stand at ringside behind the fan barrier.
The Rookies come over the barrier at ringside. William Regal, Santino Marella, R-Truth, Jerry Lawler and Evan Bourne come to the ring. They all come to the ring. Mark Henry comes down and gets involved. Randy Orton comes down next. Edge comes down and spears Barrett on the floor. The WWE Superstars are winning the fight. Sheamus comes down with a steel pipe and fights them off. The Rookies start retreating through the crowd. Santino punches them as they go over the barrier. The Rookies run off out of the arena with Santino and Truth chasing them. We go backstage where Henry, Orton and the other Superstars are chasing the Rookies out of the arena and into the parking lot. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a replay of the WWE Superstars chasing the NXT Rookies out of the building. Justin Roberts catches up with Sheamus backstage and asks him why he helped John Cena just now. Sheamus says he’s not letting the Rookies hurt his WWE Title match and if anyone is going to take out Cena, it’s going to be him.
– We get a replay of the Divas Battle Royal at last week’s Viewer’s Choice RAW.
Eve Torres and Gail Kim vs. Alicia Fox and Maryse
We go to the ring where the WWE Divas Champion Eve makes her way out. Out next is her partner, Gail Kim. Alicia Fox is out next followed by her partner Maryse. It’s announced these four will compete at the Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view for Eve’s title. Eve and Maryse start the match off and go at it. Maryse backs Eve into the ropes but gets kicked. Eve drops Maryse but gets hit in the back of the head by Alicia. Eve turns around to a spin kick from Maryse and a 2 count.
Alicia comes in and they double team Eve some. Alicia with a bridged suplex for a 2 count. Alicia rubs her knee into Eve’s face now. Alicia with a headlock. Maryse comes back in and continues to beat up Eve. Alicia comes right back in on a tag and knocks Gail off the apron. Alicia rams Eve back into the corner and Maryse tries to choke her. Alicia accidently kicks Maryse to the floor. Eve hits a neckbreaker on Alicia for the win.
Winners: Eve and Gail Kim
– Lawler announces that it will be John Cena and Randy Orton vs. Sheamus and Edge in the main event tonight. The Miz vs. R-Truth is announced for Fatal 4 Way. We see Big Show and Mark Feuerstein backstage getting ready as we go to commercial.
Big Show and Mark Feuerstein vs. Ted DiBiase and Virgil
Back from the commercial and out comes Big Show first. Big Show takes the mic and introduces who he calls his best friend. His partner, actor Mark “Main Event” Feuerstein is out next. Out next comes Virgil and Ted DiBiase, who is wearing the Million Dollar belt. Show and Ted start the match off. Ted goes behind Show to start but Show fights him off and drops him with a headbutt. Show puts his weight down in Ted’s face in the corner. Big chops by Show.
Show picks Ted back up and gives him another huge chop in the corner. Ted hits a thumb to the eye and goes to work on Show. Show knocks Ted back into the corner. Ted tags in Virgil. Virgil goes to the floor but Show pulls him in the ring by his head. Virgil rolls back out to the floor holding his back. Virgil tries to leave but Feuerstein throws him back in the ring. Show bodyslams Virgil again and it looks like it hurts. Show walks over Virgil’s chest and throws him into the corner. Show nails huge chops on Virgil. Show hits Virgil with a big chokeslam and tags in Feuerstein. He does the worm and then drops a big winding elbow on Virgil. Ted just looks on as Feuerstein covers Virgil for the win.
Winners: Big Show and Mark Feuerstein
– After the match, Show and Feuerstein celebrate going up the ramp. Ted stands over Virgil looking disappointed. Ted goes to leave the ring while Virgil is laid out but he stops. Ted takes a $100 bill and stuffs it into Virgil’s mouth. Ted goes to leave again but stops again. Ted goes back and picks up the $100 bill, then leaves the ring with his Million Dollar belt. We go to commercial.
William Regal vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and Santino Marella is in the ring with William Regal. The special guest referee is introduced next and it is… Vladimir Kozlov. Kozlov takes off his robe to reveal a referee shirt. Kozlov yells for the bell and here we go. Santino stalls to start the match. He tries a slow back kick and Regal drops him with a right. Regal drops a knee on Santino and slams him back down. Regal works on Santino’s arm now.
Santino turns a backdrop into a roll-up and Kozlov is slow to get down to the mat. Kozlov counts the 1-2-3 and Santino gets the win, with a handful of trunks it looks like.
Winner: Santino Marella
– After the match, Regal argues with Kozlov. Bret Hart’s music hits and he asks Kozlov, Regal and Santino to join him on the stage. Bret says he has asked all the RAW Superstars to join him on the stage so history doesn’t repeat itself. The entire RAW roster, except for Cena, Sheamus, Edge and Orton, comes out on the stage to stand with Bret. We get a graphic for the main event and go back to commercial.
Edge and Sheamus vs. Randy Orton and John Cena
Back from the break and the entire RAW roster is on the stage. Out first comes Edge followed by his partner Sheamus. Out first for his team comes Randy Orton to a nice reaction. Finally out comes the WWE Champion John Cena to a big pop. Mark Henry and The Great Khali salute Cena as he stops on the stage. Cena starts the match off with Sheamus.
Cena puts a headlock on Sheamus and they go to the mat. Sheamus gets to the ropes and Cena has to break the hold. Sheamus goes for a kick but Cena dodges it. Cena applies a full nelson but Sheamus gets to the ropes. Cena tags in Orton and Orton kicks Sheamus in the gut and applies a headlock of his own. Orton takes Sheamus to the mat hard. Sheamus comes back and knocks Orton into the corner. Edge is tagged in now. Edge works Orton over until Orton fights back. Orton goes for the RKO but Edge counters and slides out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena is going at it with Edge. Cena with a fisherman’s suplex and a 2 count. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Edge counters and misses a clothesline. Cena clotheslines Edge and goes for a cover but Edge is on the ropes. Cena knocks Edge out to the floor. Edge comes back in and drops Cena’s neck over the ropes. Edge tags in Sheamus for a bit of double teaming. Sheamus stomps away on Cena now. Sheamus drops Cena with a right hand for a 2 count. Sheamus hits a running knee to Cena’s jaw and lays him out. Sheamus distracts the ref while Edge chokes Cena. Sheamus stomps on Cena in the corner now and tags back in Edge.
Edge continues the attack on Cena. Cena counters a suplex and hits a suplex of his own on Edge. Sheamus is tagged in again. He stops Cena from tagging in Orton. Sheamus chops Cena in the chest on the apron and Cena falls to the floor. The referee is distracted as Edge stomps Cena on the floor. Sheamus comes out and rams Cena back into the fan barrier. Sheamus brings Cena back into the ring and covers him for a 2 count. Sheamus hits Cena with a big clothesline for another 2 count. Sheamus applies an arm submission now but Cena fights back to his feet. Sheamus tightens the hold and drops to the mat with his arms locked around Cena’s neck. Cena gets to his feet with Sheamus on his back. Cena walks to Orton with Sheamus on his back but can’t make it as Sheamus drops back to the mat for a 2 count. Edge comes in. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Edge counters it. Edge gets ready for a spear now. Edge charges but Cena moves out of the way and Edge hits the turnbuckle. Sheamus and Orton come in at the same time. Orton with clotheslines and a big scoop slam. Orton kicks Sheamus and brings him back into the ring with the second rope DDT. Edge comes from behind on Orton but Orton hits the RKO on him. Orton turns around to a big kick to the face from Sheamus. Sheamus with a big backbreaker on Orton and a 2 count.
Sheamus drops knees on Orton now as the crowd chants RKO. Orton tries to fight back but Sheamus knocks him to the mat for another 2 count. Sheamus drags Orton back to the corner and tags in Edge for some double teaming. Edge wails away on Orton with right hands. Edge stomps and drops knees on Orton. Orton fights back on Sheamus and Edge. Sheamus hits the floor. Edge drops Orton and continues hitting him with rights. Orton finally tags in Cena and here he comes. The camera cuts backstage where the NXT Rookies are destroying everything. Barrett and Sheffield drag Bret Hart over. Otunga rips his shirt off. They load Bret into a black limousine and tell it to drive off. The limo speeds out in reverse, crashing into another limousine. The limo backs up and hits another limousine. It continues to back up and smash another car. The limo stops and the Rookies open the door, yelling at Bret. They tell the car to start again. It speeds up and continues to ram into other cars. The Rookies drag Bret out of the limousine and set him on the ground. Wade Barrett says they want an answer by Sunday about their contracts. The Rookies run off. RAW goes off the air with Bret Hart laid out up against the crashed limousine.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|20||WWE Survivor Series Report - 11/23/14|
|11||WWE RAW Report - 11/24/14|
|10||Sting Makes His WWE TV Debut, Possible Match Against Triple H?, Update on The Authority|
|10||Backstage News on Sting vs. Triple H or The Undertaker, Speculation on Sting's WWE Future|
|9||*Spoiler* Huge, Huge Name Scheduled to Make WWE TV Debut at Survivor Series|