- The TNA Bound For Glory pre-show kicks off with Jeremy Borash backstage. He catches Dixie Carter for comment. Borash says AJ Styles is going to make Dixie pay tonight. She says good luck, darling. She says AJ should have played ball and talks about the stipulation for tonight’s main event. Dixie says AJ will be the one paying tonight and walks off.
- Taz and Mike Tenay welcome us to Countdown to Bound For Glory as fans are still filing into the arena. The announcers run down tonight’s card. We see stars such as Gail Kim, Jeff Hardy, Magnus and AJ Styles arriving earlier today.
- JB is backstage with the teams for tonight’s pre-show Gauntlet Match. Eric Young and Joseph Park are the third team in after a drawing. We go to commercial.
- We come back and Ethan Carter III is doing a photoshoot backstage. He says he’s going to make Aunt Dixie very proud at Bound For Glory.
- Robbie E and Jesse Godderz are backstage talking about the Gauntlet Match tonight. Mr. Olympia Phil Heath walks up and they “bro it up” and talk about going out tonight after “Bro For Glory.”
- We see the Ultimate X setup out in the arena. JB leads us to a video package for tonight’s X Division Title match.
- TNA has a new backstage interviewer named Gilbert. He talks to Kazaran and Daniels about tonight’s Gauntlet Match. We get a preview for Kurt Angle’s Hall of Fame dinner and go back to commercial.
- We see highlights from Kurt Angle’s Hall of Fame dinner.
- Samoa Joe is backstage with Sting and Magnus. He says he will bring the X Division Title back to The Main Event Mafia and Magnus and Sting will work out their differences. Kurt Angle walks in, Joe talks about his battle with Bobby Roode and they all walk out together.
Gauntlet Match: Kazarian and Daniels vs. Robbie E and Jesse Godderz vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez vs. Eric Young and Joseph Park
We go to the ring to crown new #1 contenders. Kazarian and Daniels are out first as Christy Hemme does introductions. Out next comes Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez.
Lots of back and forth to start. Hernandez takes out both opponents. Hernandez runs down the ramp and leaps into the ring while Chavo leaps from the top rope, taking out their opponents at the same time. We go to commercial with Chavo and Hernandez in control.
Back from the break and Hernandez is still in control of Kazarian. Daniels and Chavo tag in at the same time. They go at it and Chavo nails a nice dropkick. More offense and a 2 count from Chavo as Kaz breaks the pin. Hernandez blocks a double team and runs over both men. Hernandez knocks Kaz out of the air. Daniels dumps Hernandez out to the floor. Chavo hits Three Amigos on Daniels and goes up top. Kaz pulls Chavo off the top and Daniels rolls him up for the pin. Chavo and Hernandez are eliminated. Joseph Park and Eric Young are out next.
They hit the ring and everyone goes at it with Bad Influence in control. Young sends Daniels to the floor and helps Park. They double team Kaz. Park nails a splash and a scoop slam. Kaz turns it around and goes to work on Park. Young argues with the referee while Park gets double teamed. Park tries to make a comeback but misses a sitdown splash. Kaz with a clothesline on the mat for a 2 count. Daniels tags in as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Young is hitting Daniels and Kazarian. Young mounts Daniels with right hands in the corner. Young keeps control of Daniels and hits a big belly to belly suplex for 2. Young whips Kaz out to the floor. Daniels chokeslams Young and misses a Best Moonsault Ever. Park gets back up and they double team Daniels. Park nails a fallaway slam and Young covers for the pin. Daniels and Kazarian are eliminated. Before they exit, Daniels and Kazarian attack Young and Park. Kaz drops Young on his head in the ring. Park gets double teamed on the floor and whipped into the Ultimate X structure. A referee calls for help as Park is laid out. Out next comes Jesse Godderz and Robbie with Mr. Olympia.
Park is helped to the back by security. Park looks back with a busted mouth and looks sad. The bell rings and Robbie E enters the ring while Young tries to get up. Robbie covers but EY kicks out at 2. Another pin attempt. Robbie unloads on Young and tags in Jesse for some double teaming. Godderz works over Young for a 2 count as Mr. Olympia cheers them on. Godderz stomps away on EY and almost trips. They collide in mid-air with clotheslines and both go down. Robbie tags in and runs into an uppercut. Young dodges some double teaming and works over both of his opponents. Young slams Robbie and goes to the top for a big elbow drop. Young with a 2 count as Godderz breaks the pin. Young fights them both again but they drop him on his face with a double team move. They nail a Hart Attack for the win and title shot later tonight.
Winners and New #1 Contenders: Jesse Godderz and Robbie E
- We see Bully Ray walking backstage. Back to commercial.
- Eric Young is backstage looking for Joseph Park. He opens up a door that has a bloody hand-print on the wall outside. Young sees something that shocks him. Young tells the camera crew to back up and that’s it.
- Taz and Tenay hype tonight’s pay-per-view card. We get a promo video for tonight’s main event.
- We go to the stage and out comes TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray. He introduces himself. He says people think Aces & 8s are just about finished but he has news for us – that’s exactly what he wants us to think. Tonight is about re-birth and the resurrection. Tonight, AJ Styles is bound for embarrassment. Bully Ray is bound for greatness and once again, Aces & 8s are bound for glory. Ray heads to the back and we return to the announcers.
- A camera goes backstage and Dixie tells Bully to tell her one more time that tonight will be AJ’s last night in the company. Bully just laughs in her face and walks off.
- The 2013 TNA Bound For Glory pay-per-view kicks off with a video package for tonight’s top matches. We’re live from San Diego as Mike Tenay and Taz welcome us to the pay-per-view.
Ultimate X for the TNA X Division Title: Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries vs. Manik
We go to the ring and out first comes Jeff Hardy. This is Hardy’s first-ever Ultimate X match. Out next comes Austin Aries. Chris Sabin is out next with Velvet Sky followed by Samoa Joe. Out last is TNA X Division Champion Manik.
Sabin starts to climb but goes back down and drags Aries to the floor to start the match. They brawl on the floor and use the structure. Hardy and Aries on the floor now. Joe comes in and lays out Sabin with a bunch of right hands. Joe with a splash and clothesline on Sabin. Hardy and Aries both have climbed up and are going at it. Hardy comes down. Aries looks to cross the cables but Hardy brings him down. Manik takes both Hardy and Sabin down at the same time. Sabin and Manik go at it now. Manik with a submission but Aries breaks it. Aries takes control of Manik now. Aries goes out for the title but Hardy pulls him down. Hardy catapults Aries on his face. Hardy goes under the ring and brings out a ladder.
Joe leaps out of the ring and takes out Hardy. Sabin takes out Joe but Manik takes out Sabin. Aries goes to the top and leaps out onto everyone on the floor. Aries and Manik go at it in the ring now. Manik ends up dumping Sabin out to the floor right in front of Velvet. Joe with right hands on Aries in the corner. Joe takes Aries up for a Musclebuster but Aries counters and drops Joe on his head. Aries with a corner dropkick on Hardy. And one for Joe on the opposite side of the ring. Aries with another dropkick on Hardy and Joe. Aries goes for a brainbuster on Joe but it’s countered. Joe with the rear-naked choke. More back and forth with Joe in control until Sabin dropkicks him.
Hardy takes out Sabin from the top. Hardy brings a ladder in the ring and sets it up under the title. Hardy climbs but Joe meets him and they go at it up high. Joe sends Hardy to the floor. Aries takes out Joe and the ladder. Aries sets up the ladder and climbs. Manik springboards onto the cables and meets Aries at the title. Sabin pushes the ladder over and both of them fall. Sabin grabs Hardy and works him over. Hardy blocks a kick and nails Twist of Fate. Velvet cheers on Sabin to get back in the ring but they start arguing. Sabin wants Velvet to get in the ring but she says no. Sabin pushes her in the ring. Hardy takes out Joe. Hardy moves Velvet out of the way of the ladder. Sabin takes advantage and climbs for the title. Sabin unhooks the title as Manik dropkicks him to the mat..
Winner and New TNA X Division Champion: Chris Sabin
- After the match, Sabin hits the ramp to celebrate and Velvet doesn’t look to happy. We go to replays.
- We get hype for tonight’s main event. AJ Styles is shown arriving earlier today.
- We go to the ring and out comes Kazarian and Daniels. Kaz says they were screwed on the pre-show. They say it’s an embarrassment to them, the fans and TNA. Daniels talks about how they are the best tag team in TNA history. They want to be added to the title match. Eric Young is out next. He says Bad Influence did something earlier – they created a monster. Young says they should run. Out comes the returning Abyss to clean house.
- We go backstage to Jeremy Borash. He talks to Gunner and James Storm about their title defense.
TNA Tag Team Title Match: Jesse Godderz and Robbie E vs. James Storm and Gunner
We go back to the ring and out comes Jesse Godderz and Robbie with Mr. Olympia again. TNA Tag Team Champions Gunner and James Storm are out next.
Lots of back and forth and tags to start the match. Gunner goes at it with Jesse now. Gunner drops him with an elbow for a 2 count. Gunner with a big knee in the corner and a slingshot suplex for 2. Gunner fights off both of them but gets knocked off the top by Jesse for a 2 count. Gunner gets double teamed as Robbie tags in. They keep Gunner in their own corner now. Gunner finally fights them both off and runs over Robbie with a high running knee. Gunner goes for a tag but Jesse knocks Storm off the apron.
More quick tags between Jesse and Robbie as they keep control of Gunner. Gunner with a big fallaway slam. Storm finally tags in as Robbie does. Storm unloads on both opponents. Storm with a neckbreaker and a 2 count on Robbie. All four end up in the ring going at it now. Jesse and Robbie go for a double superplex on Storm but Gunner pulls Robbie away with an electric chair. Storm knocks Jesse off the top onto Robbie. Storm flies off the top and gets a close 2 count. Gunner unloads on both men now. Lots more back and forth with everyone in the ring. Godderz and Robbie get the win and the titles.
Winners and New TNA Tag Team Champions: Jesse Godderz and Robbie E
- We get highlights from Kurt Angle’s Hall of Fame dinner last night. Jeremy Borash calls Sting out to the ring to officially induct Angle into the TNA Hall of Fame. Sting comes out and praises Angle.
Sting introduces Angle and out he comes to a big pop. Fans chant Angle’s name as he takes the mic. Angle thanks God, his family and his fans. He says this induction means more to him than anyone will ever know. Fans chant “thank you Angle” now. Angle seems to cut his speech sort and says he can’t put everything into words, he couldn’t do them justice. He hangs Sting the mic back. Sting asks Angle to join him in the Hall of Fame and presents Angle with a Rolex watch. A “you deserve it” chant starts up. Angle takes back the mic. He says the reaction from the fans and what Sting said made him realize how important this induction is and the responsibility that goes with it. Angle says he has let himself, his family and his peers down by not living up to his full potential and the standard that Sting set for the Hall of Fame. Angle respectfully declines the Hall of Fame induction. Angle says everything he’s accomplished in the past is nothing compared to what he’s going to accomplish in the future. Angle says when he is worthy, he will join Sting in the Hall of Fame. They embrace and that’s it.
- Dixie Carter is backstage when she gets a phone call. She tells the person on the other end since it’s AJ Styles’ last night in TNA, she wants all his merchandise on sale and gone. Ethan Carter III walks up. Apparently their family motto is “The world needs us, we’re the Carters.” Dixie wishes him good luck.
TNA Knockouts Title Match: Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim vs. ODB
We go to the ring and out first comes Gail Kim followed by Brooke. The TNA Knockouts Champion ODB is out next.
Kim gets sent to the floor early on as Brooke works over ODB. Brooke drops ODB on her face for a 2 count. Brooke uses the ropes to choke her now. Brooke keeps control and nails a neckbreaker. Brooke with another neckbreaker for a 2 count. Gail pulls Brooke’s legs and applies a Figure Four on the ring post. Gail brings it back in the ring but Brooke kicks her in the head. ODB with a flying forearm on Gail. Brooke and ODB trade shots now.
More back and forth action. Gail breaks up a submission attempt by ODB. Gail goes to the top but Brooke fights her off and climbs up. ODB climbs up and tries to suplex them both to the mat. They knock ODB to the mat. Gail hits her with a missile dropkick. Brooke comes off the top with an elbow drop on Gail. ODB runs over Gail and Brooke. She suplexes Gail and holds her in the air before dropping her. 2 count as Brooke breaks the pin. ODB accidentally splashes the referee in the corner. He gets sent out to the floor by Gail. ODB scoops Gail and Brooke on her shoulders at the same time. Brooke falls off after a minute but ODB drops her with Gail’s legs. ODB looks to be going for a pin when Lei’D Tapa comes out. ODB takes a drink from her flask and meets Tapa on the apron. They go at it but ODB goes down. Brooke leaps out onto Tapa as she approaches the ring. Tapa powerbombs Brooke back into the ring on top of Gail. Gail takes advantage and covers Brooke for the win.
Winner and New TNA Knockouts Champion: Gail Kim
- After the match, Tapa comes in the ring, pushes the referee and grabs the Knockouts Title. Tapa picks Gail up by her arm, raises the Knockouts Title and just hands it to her. Tapa raises Gail’s hand. Gail jumps into Tapa’s arms. Tapa raises Gail up on her shoulders and they leave together.
- We go backstage with new interviewer Gil. He talks to Robbie E and Jesse Godderz about their tag title win. They’re going to party with Mr. Olympia all week. Jesse breaks out some celebratory protein shakes and they give Gil a protein shake bath.
- Borash interviews Bobby Roode about Kurt Angle and their match tonight. We get a promo video.
Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle
Bobby Roode is out first followed by Kurt Angle. They lock up and trade holds to start the match. They lock up again and trade holds. They lock up again with more holds. Roode keeps Angle grounded with a headlock. Roode with a shoulder block now. Angle avoids a submission and retreats to the floor to regroup.
Angle comes back in and goes for a quick ankle lock but it’s blocked. Roode keeps control and works over Angle in the corner. Angle finally turns things around and makes a comeback. Roode pulls him to the floor but Angle keeps control. Roode kicks him and slams his face into the apron. Roode goes for a suplex on the floor but Angle blocks it and suplexes Roode on the floor. They come back to the ring with Angle in control. They fight on the apron and Roode drops Angle over the top rope, sending him back to the floor. Roode comes back in and starts working on Angle’s neck. Roode with a 2 count and more offense.
Angle makes a comeback with clothesline and hits a few German suplexes. Angle with a belly to belly suplex now. Angle hits another German for a 2 count. Roode counters an arm drags Angle. Roode with a spinebuster for another 2 count. Angle applies the ankle lock but Roode gets out. Angle misses a shoulder in the corner also. Roode with an armbar takedown and then the Crossface. Angle misses the moonsault and applies the Crossface again. Angle turns it around and applies the ankle lock. Roode turns it back into the Crossface. They break the holds and go back at it. Roode with a neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Angle with the ankle lock once again. Angle drops down and tightens the hold. Roode looks to have passed out. He lets the referee raise his hand to see if he’s still in it but Roode takes advantage and grabs the rope to break the hold. Fans boo.
Angle takes Roode back to the top and they both go down with an Angle Slam. The back of Angle’s head hit hard and he didn’t move. Roode covers for the win.
Winner: Bobby Roode
- After the bell, Roode is slow to get up and Angle still hasn’t moved. Referees and a crew member check on Angle. We see Angle’s fingers moving but that’s it. Trainers come down to check on him as Roode leaves the ring. They put a neck brace on Angle but he takes it off. They load him onto a stretcher but he gets off it at ringside. Angle walks up the ramp on his own and waves to the fans as his music plays.
- We see AJ Styles backstage getting ready for the main event.
- Bully Ray is shown talking to members of Aces & 8s but we never see any of their faces. He talks about how tonight is all about Aces & 8s.
Ethan Carter III vs. Norv Pernum
We go to the ring and out comes Ethan Carter III for his debut. His opponent is announced as being from San Diego and his name is Norv Pernum. Norv can’t weigh 150 lbs. and doesn’t look like much competition.
Carter controls Norv, who was hand-picked by Aunt Dixie. Stalling and a slow-paced start here. Norv works on Ethan’s arm but gets dropped with a forearm. Ethan beats Norv down in the corner now. Ethan rubs Norv’s face into the mat and the fans aren’t into this one. Ethan gets the easy win.
Winner: Ethan Carter III
- JB talks backstage to Magnus. He says he’s knocking on Sting’s door and will not leave until he’s satisfied. Magnus says Sting is a legend with nothing to lose. Magnus says he has everything to lose and has a date with destiny. We get a vignette for their match.
Sting vs. Magnus
Sting is out first followed by Magnus. Lots of back and forth to start the match. Magnus keeps Sting grounded with a leg scissors.
Sting eventually applies the Scorpion submission. They both go down after colliding with clotheslines. Magnus comes back and uses some of Sting’s own moves on him. 2 count for Magnus. More back and forth. Sting with the Scorpion again but it’s broken. Magnus misses a top rope elbow drop. Magnus blocks the Scorpion Death Drop with elbows. Sting falls face first after so many elbows to the face.
Sting tells Magnus to bring it. Magnus ducks a clothesline and applies the Cloverleaf on Sting. Sting tries to reach the ropes but finally taps out to end the match.
- After the match, Magnus hits the ropes to pose as Sting gets up. Magnus looks to be ignoring Sting as he continues his celebration. They end up shaking hands and Magnus walks off.
- JB is backstage with Bully Ray and Brooke. Ray says he wants something worse than death to happen to AJ tonight. Ray rips on AJ’s family and welcomes AJ to his jungle.
- Another promo for tonight’s main event.
No DQ Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray
We go to the ring and out first comes AJ Styles to a decent pop. Out next comes TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray with Brooke. We get official ring introductions from JB.
The bell rings and they lock up. Ray takes AJ to the corner and they break. Ray talks trash and says AJ doesn’t belong in the ring. More stalling but they go at it. Ray knocks AJ down with a big clothesline and talks some more trash. AJ fights back with right hands. They run the ropes and AJ nails a big dropkick as the crowd pops. AJ applies the Calf Killer. Garett Bischoff runs down and gets on the apron. A distracted AJ breaks the submission hold. AJ backs Garett up the ramp. Ray gets to his feet in the ring and has grabbed a hammer. AJ comes back to the ring and blocks the hammer shot. AJ picks up the hammer but Ray blocks it. Ray with a big chop to the chest.
Another big chop and more offense from Ray. Ray mocks AJ and takes him to the corner for more slaps to the chest. Ray smacks AJ around. AJ fires back and gets in his face. AJ takes the big chops from Ray and comes back ready for a fight. Ray drops AJ with a chop but he gets right back. AJ takes Ray to the corner and dares him. Ray finally does fight back and runs over AJ. More chops to the chest. AJ no sells it and fires back with right hands and kicks. Fans chant for Styles. He takes Ray’s legs out and Ray goes down. Knux comes down and enters the ring as AJ is on the top. AJ leaps down but Knux grabs him in mid-air and nails a big chokeslam. Ray with a 2 count.
Ray yells at Knux and then gets in the face of the referee. Earl Hebner yells back and gets in Bully’s face. Ray charges AJ but accidentally clotheslines Knux. AJ with a 2 count roll up on Ray. Ray knocks AJ back with a punch to the mouth. Fans chant for tables but Ray knocks AJ out to the floor with a big boot to the chest. Ray keeps control on the floor at ringside until AJ nails a Pele kick. AJ grabs the hammer but drops it and slams Bully’s head into the production table at ringside. AJ springboards up and out of the ring but Bully moves and AJ goes crashing through the table. A big “holy shit” chant breaks out as Hebner checks on AJ and we see replays.
Taz hands Bully a cutter and Ray cuts the ring covering off the ring. Ray pulls back the ring covering and the padding to expose the boards underneath. Fans chant “ECW” as AJ is still recovering out on the floor. Ray stomps on AJ’s head. Ray calls for his Aces & 8s partners to come out but nobody is coming. Dixie Carter comes down and the crowd boos. Dixie has security hand her a steel chair. She hands it to Bully. Ray turns around to a springboard forearm from AJ. AJ nails a springboard 450 and goes for the pin but Dixie stops the referee. Hebner goes to count anyway but hesitates. Ray kicks out and breaks the pin.
AJ goes for the Styles Clash but Ray backdrops him onto the exposed boards. Ray goes back to pounding on AJ. Ray goes to the ropes for a Bully Bomb and nails it. 2 count for Ray. Ray with a big chair shot to the back now. Ray with another chair shot before tossing it to the side. Ray goes for the big powerbomb on the exposed boards but AJ counters and slides out. AJ with another Pele kick as Dixie looks on from the ramp. AJ connects with a chair shot to the head. AJ goes to the top and points at Dixie. AJ nails Spiral Tap for the win and the title.
Winner and New TNA World Heavyweight Champion: AJ Styles
- After the bell, Dixie gets upset on the ramp while Brooke runs in to check on Bully. Styles celebrates with the World Heavyweight Title while we get replays. AJ celebrates with fans at ringside as Dixie flips out on the ramp. AJ goes through the crowd and celebrates with fans as Bound For Glory goes off the air.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|17||Batista Reportedly Taking Some Time Off After WWE's Extreme Rules Pay-Per-View|
|12||Backstage News on WWE's Main Goal for Doing a Feud Between Evolution and The Shield|
|7||Daniel Bryan's Father Passes Away|
|6||Details on WWE Network's New HOF Series, Zeb Comments on Heyman, New WWE Logo In NXT|
|5||WWE RAW Report - April 21, 2014|