- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at the controversy from last night’s Battleground pay-per-view.
– We’re live from the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh as Michael Cole welcomes us. We go right to the ring and out comes “one of the principal owners of WWE” Stephanie McMahon.
Stephanie says the Battleground main event was ruined. She says fans are angry, she’s angry, Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton are livid. She calls Big Show selfish and brings him out to the ring. Show goes to speak but Stephanie yells at him to shut up. She says last night was inexcusable. Stephanie asks what Show has to say for himself. Show says he’s sorry and she mocks him. She says he’s a sorry pathetic excuse for life. She talks about what she and Triple H have done to help Big Show out financially. She says Show can’t even do his job. It’s time he man up and take responsibility for his actions. Show asks if he can go now. She pokes at him and says no, he can’t go now. Stephanie says they own Big Show, he doesn’t have the right to free will. He can’t do anything in WWE unless she or Triple H personally approves it. Stephanie wants Show to beg fans for forgiveness.
Stephanie tells Show to get on his knees and beg but he won’t. She says he has no soul, he’s worthless and heartless. Show says he’s not begging. He knocked out Randy Orton because he couldn’t take it anymore. Show says Stephanie told him to. Stephanie says they weren’t even there last night. Show calls Triple H a son of a bitch. Stephanie slaps him twice but he just smiles at her. Stephanie with a bunch of slaps now. Stephanie fires Big Show. He yells about being fired and leaves the ring.
– Later tonight, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Shield in six-man action. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage of Big Show getting fired.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out first comes Dolph Ziggler for tonight’s opener. Damien Sandow is out next with his Money in the Bank briefcase.
Sandow strikes first and goes after Ziggler aggressively. Sandow beats Ziggler down in the corner. Sandow with more offense and a pin attempt. Sandow keeps Ziggler grounded with a headlock now. Sandow continues to beat Ziggler around the ring and works him over on the ropes. Ziggler fights back but Sandow sends him out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow covers for a 2 count. Sandow goes on and tries for another pin attempt. Headlock on the mat now by Sandow. Ziggler tries for a comeback but gets dumped back out to the floor. Sandow follows and runs Ziggler into the ring post. Sandow brings it back in the ring for a 2 count and more offense. Ziggler fights back and tackles Sandow. Ziggler unloads with right hands and sends Sandow out to the floor. Ziggler keeps up the attack on the floor before bringing it back in. Ziggler mounts Sandow in the corner with right hands. Ziggler with more offense and a big dropkick for 2. Ziggler goes for the sleeper but it’s blocked. Ziggler goes to the top but Sandow knocks him off. More back and forth. Ziggler hits the Fameasser for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Ziggler celebrates and leaves while Sandow sits up in the corner looking frustrated.
– Brad Maddox is backstage with Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie says they trusted him to do a good job last night and the Rhodes family won, there was a power outage and the main event was ruined. Stephanie says there is no WWE Champion and this is all on Maddox. Maddox says Triple H’s name but Stephanie cuts him off. She says Triple H has been trying to fix this mess all day. He’s lucky he’s not fired like Big Show. She asks him if he made proper arrangements and he says yes. She orders him to the ring to apologize and explain how he will make it up to the WWE Universe. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see a WWE App segment that happened during commercial. Jerry Lawler brought out hometown hero Bruno Sammartino, who celebrated a birthday yesterday, and the crowd sang happy birthday to him.
Aksana, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox vs. Natalya, Eva Marie and Jo Jo
We go to the ring and out comes Alicia Fox, Aksana and Rosa Mendes. Out next comes Natalya, Eva Marie and Jo Jo Offerman.
Typical Divas match with lots of back and forth and tags. Natalya ends up getting the Sharpshooter on Alicia for the win.
Winners: Eva Marie, Jo Jo and Natalya
– After the match, the Total Divas celebrate and pose for the fans.
– RAW General Manager Brad Maddox comes out to the stage and apologizes for what happened at Battleground. He announces Bryan vs. Orton at Hell In a Cell for the WWE Title. Fans will get to vote for the special referee. Maddox introduces option number one – Booker T, who makes his case for why we should vote for him. We will meet the other Hall of Famers eligible tonight.
– Los Matadores will be in action next. Back to commercial.
Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal vs. Los Matadores
Back from the break and Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal are in the ring dancing. Out next comes Los Matadores and El Torito.
Jinder starts things off with Fernando it looks like. Back and forth action. Diego comes in and they double team. Drew tags in and takes control. Matadores make a comeback and do some double teaming for the pin on Drew and the win.
Winners: Los Matadores
– After the match, Heath Slater comes in and chases El Torito around. Torito ends up taking Slater out with a top rope hurricanrana.
– We see Ryback, Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel walking backstage. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and they show Stephanie firing Big Show earlier tonight.
– We go to the ring and Paul Heyman is in the ring with Ryback and WWE Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel. Heyman introduces himself as the best in the world and brags about beating CM Punk. Heyman talks about what happened at Battleground. He says Punk is a bully and a cheater. We see a still shot from the match where Punk won with a low blow. Heyman just shakes his head until Punk’s music hits and out he comes.
Punk speaks from the stage as the fans chant his name. Punk says all he did last night was win. Maybe he did kick Ryback in the balls but he did that to see if Ryback actually had a pair. Heyman says Punk will never have a chance to do something like that again. Punk cuts him off and says he will do it again, by it he means Ryback. Punk accepts the challenge for the rematch they haven’t asked for yet. Punk says that’s what happens you pick on someone smarter than you. Heyman tells Ryback to do something about it. Ryback says if Punk had balls, he would have hit him in them a long time ago. Ryback calls him a bully and tells him to come to the ring. Punk looks to the fans and they chant his name. R-Truth’s music hits and out he comes. Truth and Punk head to the ring and it looks like we have a tag match.
CM Punk and R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel and Ryback
Punk looks to start out with Ryback but Ryback tags Axel in to start. Axel with a headlock, taking Punk down. Axel drops Punk with a shoulder. Punk drops Axel on his face and Truth tags in to keep control. We take a break with Heyman giving advice to his guys.
Back from the break and Truth is in control of Axel. Axel turns it around and tags in Ryback. Ryback and Truth go at it. Ryback beats Truth down and splashes him. Ryback keeps up the attack on Truth and locks in a bear hug. Axel comes back in and drops from the second rope for a 2 count. Axel continues and nails a dropkick for a 2 count. Ryback comes back in and rams Truth into the turnbuckles. Ryback dominates Truth as Heyman cheers him on from ringside. Ryback with a boot to the face and a 2 count. Ryback with an abdominal stretch. More thrusts in the corner now. Truth counters a big slam and kicks Ryback in the face. Punk waits for the tag. Punk springboards in and clotheslines Axel. Punk unloads on Axel and hits the high knee and a clothesline. Punk goes to the top and hits the big elbow drop. Punk goes for GTS and hits it. Ryback runs in but gets sent back out. Punk tags in Truth. Truth hits the scissors kick on Axel for the win.
Winners: CM Punk and R-Truth
– Still to come, the Rhodes brothers and Bryan vs. The Shield. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we meet the next Hall of Famer up for voting for the special referee at Hell In a Cell. Bob Backlund comes out. Backlund cuts a crazy promo on why we should vote for him.
Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out first comes Kofi Kingston. Randy Orton is out next.
Back and forth to start the match. Orton ends up on the floor and takes a second to regroup. More back and forth. Orton sends Kofi out of the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton is still in control. Kofi looks to make a comeback but Orton nails a dropkick for a 2 count. Kofi ends up countering with a big DDT from the corner. Kofi with chops and a dropkick. Orton ducks a big right hand but runs into a kick. Kofi nails a big crossbody for a two count. Kofi hits SOS but Orton kicks out at 2. More back and forth on the apron. Kofi springboards in but Orton catches him with a powerslam for a 2 count. They end up on the floor again. Orton with a big clothesline. Orton tosses Kofi into the barrier and drops him over top of it. Orton with a draping DDT off the top of the barrier. Orton brings it back in the ring with a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Daniel Bryan runs out and attacks Orton. They brawl to the floor and Bryan takes the fight over the announcers table. Referees, agents and trainers try to break it up. Orton retreats to the back but here comes Bryan chasing after him.
– Still to come, The Shield vs. Bryan and the Rhodes brothers. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Vickie Guerrero is running down a staff member backstage. Alberto Del Rio walks up and asks if she will make him the new face of WWE since he’s the only champion WWE has. Del Rio says he’s hoping to have the night off after destroying Rob Van Dam last night but he understands people need to see him. He trusts Vickie will pick the right opponent for him. Del Rio kisses up some more and calls her sexy, beautiful and intelligent. Del Rio gives her his scarf and kisses her on the cheek before walking off. Vickie acts confused.
– Out next comes WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to a huge pop. He cuts a promo on why fans should pick him to be the special referee at Hell In a Cell. He says he and Triple H are close personal friends but we’re talking business now. HBK mentions how he trained Daniel Bryan but says that won’t sway him. Neither will his friendship with Triple H. HBK says he doesn’t like Randy Orton and Orton doesn’t like him but he won’t let that sway him either. HBK tells fans to vote for him on the WWE App. HBK guarantees that he will make sure there is a new WWE Champion. He doesn’t care if it’s best for business, he wants what’s best for the fans.
– Back from the break and we get another look at Stephanie McMahon firing Big Show earlier tonight.
– Voting is now open for the Hell In a Cell referee on the WWE App.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Ricardo Rodriguez
We go to the ring and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio for a non-title match. Out next comes Vickie Guerrero. She brings out Del Rio’s opponent and it’s Ricardo Rodriguez. Ricardo comes out and doesn’t look happy about being forced to fight Del Rio.
The bell rings and Vickie has one more announcement. She says Del Rio will defend at Hell In a Cell against John Cena. This shocks Del Rio. Ricardo takes advantage and rolls Del Rio up for the win.
Winner: Ricardo Rodriguez
– After the match, Vickie laughs at Del Rio and Ricardo poses on top of the announcers table. Del Rio attacks and lays him out at ringside. Del Rio unloads and Ricardo and beats him up. Del Rio wraps a chair around Ricardo’s arm and stomps on it several times. Referees back Del Rio away and check on Ricardo.
– Back from the break and we get a recap of what just happened. Cole confirms Cena’s return.
Fandango vs. Zack Ryder
Zack Ryder waits in the ring as Fandango and Summer Rae make their way out. Fandango takes control early on.
Ryder looks to make a comeback with a missile dropkick and attack in the corner. They take the fight to the floor and Ryder brings it back in but Fandango retreats to the apron and turns it around. Fandango goes to the top and nails the big leg drop for the win.
– We get results from the WWE App and it will be Shawn Michaels as the special referee for Orton vs. Bryan at Hell In a Cell. Back to commercial.
Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella and The Great Khali
Zeb Colter waits in the ring with Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger as The Great Khali, Santino Marella and Hornswoggle make their way to the ring.
Swagger and Santino start things off. Swagger with power moves early on but Santino gets some shots in. Swagger drops Santino and takes him to the corners before tagging Cesaro in. Cesaro with uppercuts in the corner. Another tag to Swagger as The Real Americans keep Santino in their corner. Cesaro gets in a cheap shot. Swagger nails a big clothesline and a Swagger Bomb as Cesaro tags in for some double teaming for a 2 count.
Santino finally tags in Khali. He knocks down Cesaro twice and takes him to the corner for a bunch of elbows and a big chop to the chest. Khali with another big chop. Swagger runs over but Khali knocks him to the floor. Cesaro runs into an elbow but manages to take Khali’s leg out and he goes down. Cesaro does another impressive Cesaro Swing on Khali for the win.
Winners: Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger
– After the match, the crowd cheers for the Real Americans again as Zeb celebrates with Cesaro. Swagger brings Hornswoggle in the ring. Hornswoggle takes a Cesaro Swing also. Santino Marella runs in and nails Cesaro with a Cobra shot. Khali takes Swagger out and they check on Hornswoggle, who is too dizzy to stand up.
– We get a video for WWE’s partnership with Susan G. Komen.
– The Miz is headed to the ring for MizTV. His special guest is himself. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes The Miz with another episode of MizTV. He speaks but is interrupted by the lights going out and The Wyatt Family making their way out. The lights come on and Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are in the ring. Miz escapes but fights with Bray Wyatt on the ramp. Miz goes down and The Wyatt Family poses.
– Maddox is backstage with Stephanie McMahon. Triple H walks in and kisses his wife. He’s been busy cleaning up the mess from last night. Triple H says he’s going out there to make sure what happens in the main event is best for business.
The Shield vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns with United States Champion Dean Ambrose. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Goldust followed by Cody Rhodes and then Daniel Bryan. Triple H’s music hits and here he comes to watch the match. Goldust and Rollins start things off going at it. Goldust takes control and covers for a 2 count. Cody comes in and keeps up the attack on Rollins for another pin attempt.
Ambrose tags in but Cody fights them both off. He sends Rollins to the floor and works over Ambrose for a 2 count. Goldust comes back in and works on Ambrose. More tags between Cody and Goldust. Ambrose turns it around but gets into it with the referee after beating Cody up in the corner. Ambrose tosses Cody to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins has Cody beat up in their corner. Ambrose comes back in and puts knees and boots to Cody. Ambrose with a chinlock now. Ambrose takes Cody to the top but Cody knocks him back to the mat. Cody nails a moonsault. Bryan and Rollins tag in. Bryan knocks Reigns off the apron and goes to work on Rollins. Bryan dumps Rollins on his head and hits the big dropkick in the corner. Bryan with a top rope hurricanrana and a 2 count as Reigns breaks the pin. Goldust takes care of Reigns but Ambrose makes the save. Goldust tosses Ambrose but gets laid out by Reigns. Cody with a Disaster Kick on Reigns. Cody clotheslines Reigns to the floor. Bryan and Rollins are back at it now. Bryan applies the Yes Lock. Ambrose runs in with a steel chair for the disqualification.
Triple H interrupts the announcement and says he’s re-starting the match with no DQ. The bell rings and here we go. Bryan and Rollins go at it in the ring. Reigns and Ambrose double team Goldust on the floor. Bryan leaps out with a suicide dive and makes the save. Randy Orton appears out of nowhere through the crowd and lays Bryan out with a RKO. Orton rolls Bryan in the ring and Rollins covers for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– After the match, Triple H nods at The Shield and they do a 3-on-2 beatdown on Cody and Goldust. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes. Triple H looks worried and gets in the ring behind The Shield. Show enters the ring but The Shield attack him. He fights them off and stares Triple H down. They take him down before he gets to Triple H and the beatdown starts. Triple H takes off his jacket and tells them to hold Show. Show pushes them off and is face to face with Triple H. Big Show knocks Triple H out with a big punch. The crowd cheers as Show exits the ring and walks to the back. Daniel Bryan gets to his feet and the “yes!” chants start up. We go to replays. Big Show’s music hits as he walks up the ramp and Bryan celebrates in the ring. Bryan fixes Triple H’s tie and laughs at him before RAW goes off the air.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|14||Video: CM Punk Talks to ESPN About His MMA Skills, Vince McMahon & Dana White, More|
|14||Backstage News on Roman Reigns' WrestleMania 31 Push, How WWE Sees Dean Ambrose, More|
|13||Recent Photo Of The Undertaker Looking Aged|
|10||Backstage News on WWE NXT Takeover Creative, WWE Legend Holds Tryouts, TLC Attendance|
|8||WWE RAW Report - 12/15/14|