- The first-ever WWE RAW Pre-Show kicks off with Josh Mathews welcoming us to Green Bay. He’s joined by the panel – Ric Flair, Booker T and Alex Riley.
They talk about Hulk Hogan being here tonight and hosting WrestleMania XXX. Flair says he’s looking forward to seeing John Cena get revenge for what happened on Elimination Chamber. We cut to a commercial.
– We go to the ring where Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips are doing commentary. We’re in the middle of a Kofi Kingston vs. Damien Sandow match being taped for Superstars. We go back and forth from the panel to the announcers. Kofi ends up getting the win over Sandow. Jerry Lawler interviews Kofi at the stage after the match. Kofi said the crowd was amazing and every win counts. Kofi hopes this is the start to his Road to WrestleMania. The panel plays it up like a big deal that Kofi won. We cut to another commercial.
– The panel discusses Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio from last night’s pay-per-view. Del Rio has requested a rematch and will get it on tonight’s show. The panel discusses Randy Orton’s chances against Batista. The panel’s question of the night is what was the best match at Elimination Chamber and that poll is now up on WWE’s website. We see Goldust and Cody Rhodes coming to the ring followed by Los Matadores. Back to a commercial.
– The panel talks about Brock Lesnar being rumored to be at RAW tonight. We get a Lesnar promo video. Renee Young is backstage with Brad Maddox to ask him about Lesnar but Christian and Sheamus appear and start arguing. Maddox books them in a match on RAW later. We get another commercial. We come back to the panel talking about how the Elimination Chamber match ended with outside interference. We see Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler making their way out as the panel wraps up the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Michael Cole welcoming us. We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan to a huge pop. Hogan hypes the crowd and is wearing his red and yellow boa. Hogan comes out to his Real American theme.
The music stops and a huge Hogan chant breaks out. The announcers gave Hogan a standing ovation. “Let me tell ya something, brother…” and Hogan gets another big pop. Hogan wants to let everyone know, with Green Bay as his witness, tonight marks the turning point of his career. He is officially home, brothers. Hogan talks about being a part of WrestleMania I 30 years ago. Hogan fumbles over his words and calls the WWE Network the WWE Universe but eventually gets it right. Hogan says the future of the WWE will be immortalized. He plugs some of the stuff on the WWE Network. Hogan talks about being host of WrestleMania XXX and asks what are we gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild. Hogan drops the mic, Real American hits again and the crowd cheers.
– We go to the announcers to show us the WWE Network on their tablet and laptop. Still to come, Kane vs. Daniel Bryan. Also, is Brock Lesnar in the building? We’ll find out. Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio in a rematch and more. Back to commercial.
Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out first comes Alberto Del Rio. Batista is out next to mostly boos, just like at Elimination Chamber.
The announcers acknowledge the “Boo-tista” chant at Elimination Chamber. Batista hits the turnbuckles and tells the fans to “boo this.” Batista starts the match beating Del Rio into the corner. They go to the floor and Batista slams Del Rio into the barrier before slamming his back into the apron. They come back in and Del Rio kicks him in the head. Batista turns it around and gets cheered. Batista counters and blocks a suplex. Batista clotheslines Del Rio to the floor now. Del Rio trips Batista up on the apron, he falls and the crowd cheers. Del Rio sends Batista face first into the steel steps. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio has control as he stomps away on Batista. Del Rio stalls and shows off as Batista gets up. He runs the ropes and charges but Batista moves and Del Rio lands out on the floor. Del Rio drops Batista over the top rope. Del Rio goes up top but Batista cuts him off. Batista nails a superplex. They get up and trade shots in the middle of the ring. Batista with clotheslines and a big slam for a 2 count. Del Rio turns it around and readies for the superkick. Del Rio misses the kick and comes back with a stomp. Batista side steps again and his a spinebuster. The crowd boos. Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop. Del Rio takes advantage of the distraction and rolls Batista up for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– Orton takes the mic and apologizes for interrupting. Orton says Batista has been distracted since the days of Evolution. Orton says that loss just now was one of the funniest things he’s seen. He calls the WWE Universe’s reaction to Batista’s return funny also. Orton says the fans don’t like Batista very much. Orton bets Batista is sorry that he came back. A huge CM Punk chant starts before Batista speaks. He says Orton is wrong. Batista tells everyone to get it through their head – he loves this business. Fans boo. Something else he loves is that the fans have a voice. But so does he, he says. He says if they cheer him, he cheers back. If they boo, he boos back. It’s called being real and honesty, something Orton knows nothing about. Batista says all that matters is that he goes to WrestleMania and beats the hell out of who he used to call his friend. Batista calls Orton a whiny, sniffling, kiss ass, stuck up. Batista says we’re looking at the next WWE World Heavyweight Champion and to deal with it. He drops the mic and the music plays as Orton looks on from the stage with his titles in the air.
– We see Zeb Colter, Cesaro and Big E walking backstage. Back to commercial.
Cesaro vs. Big E
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E for a non-title match. Cesaro is out next with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter. They lock up and Big E goes to a headlock. A “we the people” chant starts up. They run the ropes and Big E hits a big shoulder. Cesaro goes to the floor.
Cesaro comes back in and slams Big E. They trade shots. Cesaro with uppercuts and knees to the gut. More back and forth. Big E hits two big throws and a shoulder thrust in the corner. And another. Big E with a 2 count. Cesaro turns it around with uppercuts and a big boot to the face. Big E catches Cesaro and drops him over the knee three times for a 2 count. Big E works on the arm now. Cesaro catches Big E in a big tilt-a-whirl slam and covers for a 2 count as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro is in control. They trade shots. Big E with a big slam. Cesaro moves and Big E runs into the ring post. Cesaro covers for a 2 count. Cesaro hits a big running uppercut in the corner and takes Big E down with a headlock. More back and forth. Cesaro with the gutwrench slam for another 2 count. They trade shots in the middle of the ring again. Cesaro with a sleeper hold. Big E tosses him off but runs into an elbow. Big E with a pair of clotheslines and a belly to belly suplex. Cesaro blocks the Big Ending and hits a huge uppercut in mid-air. Cesaro with a 2 count. Big E blocks the Cesaro Swing and catches Cesaro in a big Rock Bottom out of the corner for another 2 count. Another “we the people” chant starts. Cesaro sends Big E out to the floor.
Big E ducks a clothesline from Swagger on the floor and lays him out. Big E comes back in and Cesaro hits the Cesaro Swing on him. Swagger comes in and grabs Big E, putting him in the Patriot Lock. Cesaro is upset as he gets disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Big E
– After the match, Cesaro has words with Swagger. Zeb comes in and gets in the middle of them. They turn their backs and Big E attacks Swagger from behind. Cesaro makes the save and hits the Neutralizer on Big E. Cesaro does “we the people” as his music plays and Swagger tries to plead with him.
– We get a look at Elimination Chamber when The Wyatt Family attacked John Cena. Still to come, Cena will address The Wyatts. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes John Cena to a big pop.
Cena says it’s spectacular to see Hulk Hogan back in WWE. Cena hypes the WWE Network and says out future is now. Cena’s been talking hard and sending a message to any Superstar that can listen about having to come through him if they want to carry WWE into the future. Mixed reaction for Cena now. Cena says he knew eventually he would come face t face with The Wyatts but didn’t think it would be in the Chamber. Cena says they cost him a match at WrestleMania XXX. Cena calls Bray Wyatt to the ring.
The lights go out, the lantern lights up and out comes Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. Bray takes a seat in his rocking chair at ringside. He asks what would the world be without its hero, its knight in shining armor to save the day. Bray says Cena is hollow, full of empty promises. He promises to save the people and keep them safe. Cena tells them everything will be alright as long as he is around, Bray says. Bray calls Cena a liar. He says it’s a terrible world, a cold and dark place. Cena stands for illusions, Bray stands for everything that is real. Bray says if Cena says the future has to come through him first, he couldn’t agree more. Bray properly introduces himself to Cena. He says they are the reapers that bring death to this era of lies. Cena takes the mic and introduces himself. Cena says if one of them come into the ring, they’re starting something they may not be able to finish. Cena says if they make that move, it’s go time, jack., Cena readies for a fight as The Wyatts surround the ring. Harper charges but gets dropped as does Rowan. Bray hits the ring and all three of them beat Cena down now. Bray holds back Harper and Rowan. Fans chant “yes!” as Cena gets up in the corner. Cena hobbles on one leg and tackles Bray but he gets beatdown again. Cena struggles to get up on one leg and is selling a leg injury. A small CM Punk chant starts. Cena charges Rowan but Rowan backs off and Bray runs over Cena from the side with Sister Abigail. Bray poses over Cena and yells “follow the buzzards” as the lights go out and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see John Cena was stretchered out during RAW due to the leg injury.
Sheamus vs. Christian
We go to the ring and out first comes Christian. Sheamus is out next.
They lock up and go to the corner. Sheamus tosses Christian out to the floor. Christian comes back in with big right hands. Sheamus fires back with kicks and takes him to the corner for a beatdown. Christian looks to make a comeback but Sheamus clotheslines him to the floor. Christian gets pulled face first into the ring post. Sheamus rolls him back in and drops a knee to the face. Sheamus with another knee and a running knee drop. Sheamus goes for the forearms on the apron but Christian fights him off and drops him over the top rope. Christian comes back in and nails a missile dropkick from the corner for a 2 count. More back and forth on the apron. Sheamus dumps Christian back to the floor. Sheamus with a big shoulder tackle from the apron as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get more back and forth. Sheamus fights out of a hold and starts hitting high knees. Christian shoves him back to the floor. Christian charges but misses. Sheamus with a knee to the face. Sheamus with the forearm shots to the chest on the apron now. Sheamus with a big battering ram tackle for a 2 count. Christian goes to the top but Sheamus brings him to the mat. Sheamus with the Cloverleaf submission. Christian breaks the hold by getting to the ropes. Sheamus chases him around the ring and back in. Christian stomps away now. Sheamus blocks Killswitch. Christian blocks White Noise and rolls Sheamus up for a 2 count. Sheamus with a big powerslam for a 2 count. Christian ducks a Brogue kick and kicks Sheamus in the face. Christian comes off the top rope but Sheamus hits a Brogue in mid-air for the win.
– We see footage from earlier of The Authority arriving and Renee Young talking to them about WrestleMania. Daniel Bryan ran up and started yelling about how he keeps getting screwed. Bryan said he would fight Triple H right now. Triple H said they’ve already had this talk about A+ players. Triple H said he would try and find Bryan a spot on the card. Stephanie told Bryan he should focus on tonight’s match against Kane.
– Still to come, Kane vs. Bryan. Back to commercial.
– We get a Black History Month video for Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson.
– The Shield are backstage. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns want to know where Dean Ambrose was last night. Ambrose is tired of explaining himself he says. He says something about them not trusting him. He walks off. Rollins talks about how it keeps happening with Ambrose. The Wyatt Family walks up. Reigns challenges Bray to a match, one on one with nobody else at ringside. Bray calls him an interesting creature and accepts the challenge. Reigns and Rollins walks off as Bray laughs.
– We go to Josh Mathews, Ric Flair and The Miz at the pre-show panel. No Alex Riley this time. They talk about what’s happened so far tonight. Flair gets a “yes!” chant going when talking about Kane vs. Bryan.
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out first comes Daniel Bryan to a big pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Kane in pants and a wifebeater, but with pyro. The bell rings and Bryan attacks. He unloads with kicks into the corner and beats Kane down. Kane works on his injured arm. Bryan is taped up once again. Kane with shots in the corner before throwing Bryan into the turnbuckles. Bryan turns it around with more kicks. Bryan works on Kane’s leg as the fans chant his name.
Kane turns it around and beats Bryan down. Kane keeps Bryan on the mat and works on his shoulder. Bryan goes for a dive through the ropes but runs into a big right hand. Kane sends Bryan shoulder first into the steel steps. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is kicking away at Kane. Kane goes back for the shoulder and covers for a 1 count. Kane with a clothesline in the corner and another pin attempt. Bryan comes back with a dropkick. Fans chant “yes” as he clutches the shoulder. More back and forth. Kane goes to the top but Bryan cuts him off. Bryan climbs up and sends Kane flying to the mat. Bryan with two big dropkicks in the corner. Kane blocks the third with a right hand. Kane charges but Bryan sends him out to the floor. Bryan nails a dive through the ropes. Bryan with a big dropkick into the barrier. They come back into the ring and Bryan hits kicks and the roundhouse for another 2 count. Bryan goes to the top for the big headbutt but Kane grabs him for a chokeslam. Kane covers for a close 2 count. Bryan goes for the Yes Lock but Kane counters. Bryan counters another chokeslam but Kane fights the Yes Lock off. Bryan with the flying knee for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan takes the mic and mentions how he confronted The Authority earlier today. Bryan calls Triple H a coward. Bryan yells it again. Bryan says he challenged Triple H to a match at WrestleMania and he hid behind his Stephanie’s skirt. Bryan says Triple H has ignored what the fans want ever since he put on the suit. Bryan tells the people to make their voice heard and a “yes” chant starts. Bryan asks if Triple H is listening. Bryan tells Triple H to make the match – Bryan vs. HHH at WrestleMania XXX. Bryan’s music hits as the fans chant.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Wyatt. Also, Brock Lesnar is now confirmed to appear. We see Summer Rae and Fandango dancing in the back. Back to commercial.
– Batista is announced for SmackDown.
– We get another Lana and Alexander Rusev vignette.
Emma vs. Summer Rae
Back from the break and Summer Rae is out with Fandango. Emma is out with Santino Marella next. Emma dances and shoves Summer to the mat to start the match. Back and forth action with Emma controlling most.
Summer takes Emma to the mat and works on her arm. Emma fights to her feet. Emma blocks a kick and applies the Emma-Lock for the win.
– After the match, Santino comes in the ring to dance with Emma.
– We get more hype for Hulk Hogan’s return to WWE. We see footage of Hogan’s return to kick off tonight’s show.
– Still to come, The Usos vs. The New Age Outlaws. Back to commercial.
The Usos vs. The New Age Outlaws
Back from the break and both teams are out. Road Dogg takes the mic and asks them to leave the ring so they can do their introduction. He says we already know the outcome of the match. Dogg does his promo but turns around to a superkick from one of the Usos. They unload and hit the big splash for the quick non-title win.
Winners: The Usos
– More WWE Network hype from the announcers.
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
We go to the ring and here comes Roman Reigns through the crowd by himself. We go to commercial as Reigns poses in the corner.
Back from the break and Bray Wyatt makes his entrance by himself. They lock up and go at it after Reigns starts with the upperhand. Bray beats Reigns down and drops him with a right. Reigns tries to fight back but Wyatt keeps control. Reigns ends up coming back and tossing Bray to the floor. Reigns follows and hits a huge clothesline as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bray is in control. He hits the big splash as fans cheer for Jerry Lawler. During the break, Bray sent Reigns into the steel steps. Bray drops a knee and hits Reigns with right hands. Bray chokes Reigns on the ropes now. More back and forth. Bray knocks Reigns out of the air and covers for a 2 count. Fans start chanting for Undertaker now. Bray splashes Reigns in the corner. Reigns dodges the next splash and Wyatt goes down.
Reigns with a big flying clothesline and one in the corner. Reigns beats Bray down in the corner. He runs out of the ring and hits the big dropkick on the apron. Reigns with a big slam for a 2 count. The lights go out and when they come back on, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are at ringside. Seth Rollins runs out of nowhere and leaps out of the ring, taking out Rowan and Harper. Bray rolls Reigns up for a 2 count. Reigns misses a spear in the corner and hits the ring post. Harper and Rowan beat Rollins down at ringside now. Dean Ambrose finally runs down and saves Rollins. He brawls with Harper. Reigns with a Superman punch on Wyatt. Reigns knocks Harper off the apron. Ambrose rushes the ring and attacks Bray for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Bray Wyatt
– After the bell, everyone starts brawling. The Shield clear the ring. Both teams stare each other down as The Shield’s music hits.
– We see Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar backstage. Heyman asks Lesnar not to tear anything or anyone up. Heyman points Lesnar to the ring and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and actor Aaron Paul is announced as the host for next week.
– We go to the ring with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar. The apron is black and there’s a table. Heyman introduces them and refers to Lesnar as the #1 contender. He says Lesnar is not in a good mood tonight. Heyman says Batista and Randy Orton need to get their match out of the way now so the winner can fight Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. Heyman says The Authority have offered Lesnar an open contract for WrestleMania. He can name any opponent for his choosing. Heyman says Lesnar wants history to conquer.
Heyman talks about how Lesnar has conquered everything, including UFC, and says Lesnar wants to win the titles at WrestleMania but Stephanie and Triple H won’t put it in front of him to conquer. Heyman says the open contract doesn’t mean a thing to Lesnar. Lesnar wants to make history. Heyman tells The Authority “no thank you” to the contract. They can have WrestleMania all they want but they can’t have it with Lesnar. Heyman demands they give him history to conquer. They go to leave the ring and the lights go out. The bells go off and The Undertaker entrance begins.
Taker comes out to a big pop and stares at Lesnar as he makes his way to the ring. Taker walks around the table and comes face to face with Lesnar as the crowd pops. A big chant for Taker breaks out. They keep staring until Taker looks up at the WrestleMania sign and back at Lesnar. Lesnar shakes his head yes. Lesnar signs the contract and jabs the pen at Taker. Heyman laughs. Heyman says if Taker wants to sign it, he can have the match with Lesnar at WrestleMania. Taker slams down on Lesnar’s arm and chokeslams him through the table. Fans chant “holy shit” and Taker’s name as he looks up at the WrestleMania sign and poses. The match is official. RAW goes off the air with Taker making his exit.
– The first-ever RAW Backstage Pass post-show opens up with a shot of Paul Heyman checking on Brock Lesnar as The Undertaker made his exit. We go to Alex Riley, Ric Flair, Booker T and Josh Mathews on the panel. They talk about The Undertaker and Lesnar.
– Renee Young is backstage waiting to get a word with Lesnar. We go back to the panel to talk about Hulk Hogan’s return. We get a look at the ring where Heyman, trainers and referees are checking on Lesnar, who is still laid out on the table. We go back to the panel to talk about the Road to WrestleMania.
– Byron Saxton is backstage with Xavier Woods and Dolph Ziggler to get their thoughts on tonight’s RAW. Ziggler was wearing a Hulkamania shirt. We see Lesnar walking out on his own and limping. Still to come, an update on John Cena and an interview with Hulk Hogan. We go to commercial.
– We see post-segment video of John Cena telling doctors he heard his knee pop during a takedown. Doctors say they will continue to evaluate Cena. He is at a local hospital but refusing a MRI.
– Renee Young is backstage with Hulk Hogan, who is in real Hulkster form. Hogan talks about hosting WrestleMania XXX and gets hype before walking off.
– Tom Philips tries to get a word with Kane backstage but he doesn’t want to talk.
– Renee Young tries to get a word with Heyman and Lesnar backstage but they keep walking.
– We go back to the panel for hype for this week’s SmackDown, the Network and next week’s show. That’s it for the post-show.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|15||Backstage News On Cesaro Being Punished By WWE For Criticizing Cena-Orton Matches|
|9||Alberto Del Rio Says WWE Higher-Ups Were Making Racist Jokes, Talks WWE Release, More|
|7||Josh Mathews Comments on Backstage Fight In WWE, Why He's Not Interested In Returning|
|7||*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 10/31/14|
|7||Wall Street Executive Believes The McMahon's Are Ready To Sell WWE|