– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the end of the live Tough Enough finale. Vince McMahon is in the ring with Steve Austin, Luke and Andy. Vince asks Luke and Andy what makes them think they should stand in the same ring as several legends like Austin, Shawn Michaels and many others. Andy goes to speak but Vince cuts him off for saying “guaran-damn-tee.” Vince gives the mic to Luke next and he cuts a promo. Vince asks Andy what qualities he has that will captivate the WWE audience. Andy mumbles something and Vince asks him if he’s nervous. Andy says no because he knows he’s already won. Vince says it’s 9pm and we’re live on RAW. Vince says it’s time to see who takes a hike and who wins a WWE contract. Austin is staring at Vince. Vince asks him why he’s staring. Austin asks Vince if he just said he’s picking the winner. Vince says he’s the Chairman and he makes the big decisions. Austin says he doesn’t give a rats ass and tells Vince it doesn’t make a difference because Tough Enough is his show and he’s picking the winner.
We get a drum roll and the lights go down. Austin looks Andy and Luke up and down and looks to be in deep thought. Andy starts yelling something at Austin and pointing to the fans. Austin picks Andy as the winner of WWE Tough Enough. The music hits and Andy goes crazy. Austin embraces Luke and they talk. Luke shakes Vince’s hand, and Luke’s, before handing over his belt to Austin and leaving the ring.
Austin asks Vince if he wants to congratulate his newest employee. Vince says he’s not sure that he wouldn’t have chosen the other guy. Vince welcomes Andy to WWE and slaps him to the mat. Andy gets back up, Austin introduces him to the crowd and shakes his hand. Austin lays Andy out with a Stunner and his music hits as the crowd pops. Austin calls Andy a SOB, congratulates him and welcomes him to WWE before celebrating with Vince, and a few beers.
R-Truth interrupts Vince and Austin. Truth comes out dressed like a Confederate soldier and is singing a tune about Little Jimmy. Truth says he’s supposed to apologize for what he did last week. Vince shows us a clip of Truth berating fans last week. Truth says he’s a good little Truth and apologizes to Big Jimmy, Little Jimmy and the soda he threw. Truth repeats that he’s sorry. Austin says he should be sorry for dressing up like a jackass. Truth says he’s dressed like this because he knows where he’s at – Richmond, Virginia. Truth calls it the capitol of the Confederacy and rambles on, calling the people inbred rednecks. A “you suck” chant breaks out. Truth says the Confederacy “succeeded” from the United States, so tonight, he is “succeeding” from WWE. Truth says they can keep the title match. After tonight, WWE won’t make anymore money off him. Vince asks Truth if R is his real first name and asks how to spell it. They go on when The Miz’s music hits and out he comes. Miz asks “really?” as he walks to the ring.
Miz says he deals in reality and if it weren’t for Alex Riley, he would still be WWE Champion. Riley says he deserves one last title match. Alex Riley’s music hits and out he comes to a nice reaction from the crowd. Riley says the only thing Miz deserves is a third straight week of beatdowns. John Cena’s music hits next and out he comes to a mixed reaction.
Cena comes in and talks about everybody in the ring. He then says Miz said “I quit” to him, and will not get a rematch from the WWE Title. Cena tells Miz to get over himself. Cena says he doesn’t like or trust Riley but he’s proven he has a set. Cena commends Riley for standing up to Miz. Cena mocks Truth next. Cena says Truth got the match at Capitol Punishment. The e-mail alert goes off and we have an email from the RAW General Manager. Michael Cole steps up to make the announcement. Vince tells Cole to shut up. Vince says he’s got this one and considering it’s a special RAW, how about the main event be Truth and Miz vs. Riley and Cena. Vince makes Austin the special referee. Vince’s music hits and he leaves the ring as the participants in tonight’s main event argue. Austin and Cena have words as Austin exits the ring. Austin mocks Cena with the “you can’t see me” gesture. We go to commercial.
Santino Marella vs. Michael McGillicutty
Back from the break and Santino Marella is in the ring with one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Michael McGillicutty. David Otunga and Vladimir Kozlov are at ringside. They both taunt each other before the match. Santino strikes first and takes it to the corners. Santino ducks a clothesline and atomic drops McGillicutty, then clotheslines him to the floor. Santino shakes the ropes and mocks the Ultimate Warrior. McGillicutty comes back in but Santino catches him with right hands. McGillicutty kicks Santino and takes control now.
Santino comes back with arm drags and a dropkick attempt but misses it. McGillicutty hits a dropkick of his own for a 2 count. McGillicutty beats Santino down in the corner now for another 2 count. Santino rolls him up out of nowhere for 2 but gets dropped with a clothesline. Another 2 count and then a headlock by McGillicutty. McGillicutty misses a splash in the corner and Santino drops him with right hands. Santino with a big hip toss and a headbutt. More Warrior gestures from Santino. McGillicutty is pulled to safety by Otunga but Kozlov lays him out at ringside. Santino pulls McGillicutty back in but gets dropped with a right hand. McGillicutty goes for a running knee but Santino moves. Santino hits the Cobra for the pin and the win.
Winner: Santino Marella
– Cole and Jerry Lawler plug tonight’s main event.
Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix vs. The Bella Twins
We go to the ring and out comes the team of Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix. Cole says they and other Divas are upset about the bad things The Bella Twins said about Kharma last week. We go to commercial as they make their entrance.
Back from the break and we see the announcement from last week with Kharma and The Bella Twins coming out to talk down to her. We go to the ring and out come WWE Divas Champion Brie Bella with her sister Nikki. Kelly starts things out with one of the Bellas and they go at it. Kelly takes her down and gets a 2 count. Kelly gets dropped over the top rope and beat down in the corner as the Bellas tag in for some double teaming. Another tag and more working on Kelly in the corner.
Kelly gets taken to the mat now and worked over. Kelly fights out and tags in Beth Phoenix. Beth clotheslines Bella repeatedly and hits a slingshot suplex for a 2 count. The other Bella comes in to break up the pin. Kelly takes her out with a bulldog. Beth hits the Glam Slam for the pin and the win.
Winners: Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly
– Cole hypes Punk vs. Mysterio tonight and Lawler hypes the big tag team main event as we go to commercial.
– Back from the commercial and Booker T is backstage talking with Trish Stratus. Booker says he’s been working on a new move – the Trish-arooni. Booker has Trish drop to one knee, hold her palm up and start shaking it. Jack Swagger walks in and interrupts them. Swagger says if he was a Tough Enough trainer, all of the contestants would have been winners. Swagger says he’s not sure if Booker is tough enough and challenges him to get in the ring. Swagger says if Booker thinks he still has it. Booker accepts the challenge. Booker says Swagger won’t be running around doing victory laps after this. Booker asks Swagger if he can dig it, sucka. Booker tells Swagger to back up off him and he leaves.
CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk with Mason Ryan. Punk stops and sits on the stage and points out that he beat Rey Mysterio again last week. Punk says Rey cried for a rematch so he’s getting it tonight. Punk says he’s going to beat Rey once again and prove to the fans that the power of his Nexus is something. Punk asks the fans to join him in dismantling Rey Mysterio tonight. Punk’s music hits as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get replays from last week where Punk won the match. Rey Mysterio’s music hits and out he comes as Punk and Ryan look on from the ring. The bell rings and Punk taunts Rey. They lock up and go to the ropes. Punk misses a kick. They lock up again and Punk applies a headlock. Rey turns it around and they trade holds. Punk takes Rey to the mat and works him over.
More back and forth. Rey with a nice roll up for 2. Punk drops Rey with a shoulder for a 1 count. They run the ropes and Rey catapults Punk onto his back. Punk goes to the floor. Rey tries to hit Punk with a kick from the ring but Punk grabs his legs. Rey still manages to take Punk down on the floor and avoid Mason at ringside. Rey brings it back in the ring with a springboard leg drop for a 2 count. Punk with a big kick and a running knee. Punk catches Rey on his shoulders for the GTS but Rey fights out. Rey goes to the top but Punk kicks him off. Rey gets tied upside down in the corner and Punk rushes in with a knee for a 2 count.
Rey fights out of a hold but Punk grabs him for a backdrop and another 2 count. Punk with bodyscissors now. More back and forth action. Rey tries to make a comeback but Punk drops him over the top rope. Punk takes Rey to the top and goes for a superplex but Rey fights him. Rey knocks Punk back to the mat and hits him with a flying shoulder tackle. Rey gets up and hits a big crossbody for 2. Rey with a headscissors takedown. Punk catches Rey with a powerslam for a 2 count. Punk runs into a boot in the corner. Rey fights Punk off and kicks him into position. Rey goes for 619 but Mason interferes. Rey knocks Ryan off from the apron and Punk down. Rey hits a big splash from the top for the pin and the win.
Winner: Rey Mysterio
– We go to ringside with Cole and Lawler, talking about Capitol Punishment. Lawler leads us into another one of his imaginary Obama press conferences. This time R-Truth is one of the reporters asking Obama questions. Truth asks several questions, playing on the whole conspiracy thing.
– We see John Cena and Alex Riley arguing backstage. Cena says he will fight with Riley tonight but if he leaves him hanging… Cena walks off and we go back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Alberto Del Rio comes riding in a Rolls Royce. Del Rio introduces himself and walks to the stage. Del Rio talks about the Big Show accident and shows a replay from two weeks ago. Del Rio heads to the ring and calls out Big Show, so he can apologize.
A fake Big Show comes out on crutches. The sad looking Big Show hobbles to the ring. Del Rio says what happened was an accident. The fake Big Show lets out a drunken yell and goes back to chewing on something. Del Rio goes on and we get another dumb yell. Del Rio continues to mock the fake Big Show and tells him to go home, lick his wounds and never, ever disrespect him again. Del Rio gets serious and faces the camera. He tells Big Show not to make him his enemy because he will get hurt. Del Rio says that’s not a threat, that’s a promise. Because bad things happen to bad people. It was Ricardo Rodriguez as the fake Big Show all along. He takes off the bald cap and starts speaking in Spanish for Del Rio. Del Rio’s music hits as we go to ringside.
– Cole plugs Zack Ryder vs. Kofi Kingston up next before leading us to a promo video with highlights from Kofi.
Kofi Kingston vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and Zack Ryder is in the ring with Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. Dolph and Vickie go to commentary as we see a replay from last week where Dolph defeated Kofi in a non-title match. Kofi Kingston’s music hits next and out comes the WWE United States Champion for another non-title match. The bell rings and they lock up. Ryder with a headlock. Kofi fights out but Ryder drops him with a shoulder. They run the ropes and Kofi takes Ryder down with an elbow and a dropkick. Ryder yells at Kofi and mushes his face. Kofi drops him with a right hand. Kofi goes leaping at Ryder in the corner but Ryder moves. Ryder drops Kofi on his head for a 2 count.
Ryder beats Kofi down in the corner and kicks him in the face for a 2 count. Ryder with a headlock on the mat now. Ryder misses in the corner and Kofi drops him. Ryder tries to make a comeback and they go back and forth some more. Kofi ends up getting the win.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
– R-Truth and The Miz are shown talking backstage.
– We see Booker T headed to the ring for his match as we go back to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Booker T
Jack Swagger makes his way to the ring and he’s ready to go. Out next comes Booker T to a nice reaction. The bell rings and they go at it with Swagger taking control early. Booker fights out of it with a back kick and some chops on the ropes. Booker misses a kick and Swagger clotheslines him out to the floor.
Swagger brings it back in for a 2 count. More back and forth action. Booker gets nice reaction from the crowd with his trademark moves. Booker works Swagger over in the corner and hits a kick off the ropes. Swagger rolls out to the floor to recover. He starts yelling “I don’t need this” and walks away from the ring. Swagger is counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Booker T
– After the match, Evan Bourne runs down the ramp and attacks Swagger. Bourne brings the assault into the ring and Booker joins in. Bourne hits Air Bourne on Swagger and does the spin-a-rooni with Booker.
– More hype for the main event as we go to commercial.
R-Truth and The Miz vs. John Cena and Alex Riley
Back from the break and out first comes the special referee Steve Austin to a big pop. Out next comes The Miz followed by his tag team partner R-Truth. Alex Riley’s music hits next and he is welcomed with a nice reaction from the crowd. John Cena’s music starts next and out comes the WWE Champion as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and here we go. Cena and Miz lock up to start things out. Miz takes Cena down and Cena breaks free. Cena tags in Riley but Miz runs away and tags in Truth. Truth and Riley lock up. Truth with a big hip toss and a 1 count by Austin. Truth with another takedown and a headlock on Riley. Truth with a shoulder block. Riley comes back with a hip toss and forearm shots. Riley with a 2 count. Riley tags in Cena but Truth runs off and tags in Miz.
Cena and Miz go at it. Cena with a bulldog. Riley chases Miz around the ring but gets dropped when he comes back in. Truth and Austin have words as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz has Riley down on the mat after keeping control during the commercial. Riley fights out of a headlock but Miz rams him back into the corner. Truth gets some cheap shots in. Miz drops Riley with a DDT and covers for a 2 count. Miz stomps on Riley and taunts Cena. Miz stomps on Riley in the corner until Austin has to pull him off. Austin and Miz have words now. Miz charges into the corner but Riley moves and he hits the ring post. Truth comes in and stops Riley from making a tag. Truth taunts Cena and goes to work on Riley.
Truth continues the assault on Riley and has some more words with Austin. Truth beats Riley down in the corner and hits a running kick. Truth with a scoop slam. Truth goes for a shot from the second rope but Riley puts his boot up. Riley tags in Cena as Truth tags in Miz. Cena unloads on Miz, hitting the usual moves. Cena with the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Truth stops it. Cena dumps Truth over the top rope. Cena applies the STF but Miz makes it to the ropes and the hold is broken. Truth comes in with a chair but Cena ducks it and dropkicks him. Cena and Miz collide and both go down.
Riley comes in the ring with the briefcase and acts like he’s going to hit Cena with it. Riley lays Miz out with it instead. Austin stuns Miz and Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment on him for the win.
Winners: Alex Riley and John Cena
– After the match, Austin raises Riley and Cena’s hands in victory. Austin has beers thrown in and tosses a few to Cena and Riley. Cena and Austin pose in the corners as Riley looks on from the floor. The e-mail alert goes off and Michael Cole steps up to make the announcement. The GM says Austin overstepped his authority in the match, so Riley and Cena have been DQ’d. The new winners are R-Truth and The Miz.
Winners: R-Truth and The Miz
– The e-mail alert goes off again and Austin is getting pissed. It’s announced that on next week’s three-hour RAW, Austin will be the special guest General Manager. Austin comes down to the podium and takes the mic. Austin tears apart the laptop and the podium. He asks the fans if they want him to be the GM next week, give him a hell yeah. Austin brings Cole over and drops him with a right hand. Austin brings Cole in the ring and asks for more beers. Austin pours beer all over Cole as the fans pop. Austin lays Cole out with a Stunner. Cena hits him with an Attitude Adjustment. Austin goes to ringside and gets a mic and more beers. Austin crawls in Cole’s face and asks for a hell yeah if we’re ready for RAW next week. Austin tells Cole he will see him next week first thing on RAW. Austin calls for more beers. RAW goes off the air with Austin and Cena celebrating with more beer.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|6||Ex-TNA World Heavyweight Champion Tells Fans Who Didn’t Like Slammiversary To Go F**k Themselves|
|5||WWE Censors Cesaro After He Flipped Off John Cena During Their Match On RAW|
|4||Update On Kurt Angle Undergo Neck Surgery To Remove A Tumor On His Neck|
|3||TNA Star Works His Last Match In The Promotion On Saturday Night|
|3||WWE RAW Results For June 29th: No DQ Tag Team Match|