- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up with Michael Cole welcoming us to Columbia, South Carolina. Cole is joined by Jerry Lawler. We see clips from CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio at Survivor Series as Lawler hypes the rematch tonight.
– We go to the ring and out comes Hall of Famer Roddy Piper for Piper’s Pit. Piper wonders how a guy who never won the WWE Title, one who wasn’t ever the biggest or strongest, has became a Hall of Famer and one of the biggest icons. The answer: energy. Piper talks about how when the crowd cheered him, he did good things, and when they boo’d him, he did rotten things. Piper goes on and brings out John Cena.
Cena comes out and says he has no idea what Piper is talking about when he says energy isn’t important to Cena. Piper wants to play name association. He says Steve Austin and the crowd pops big. Bret Hart and they pop again. The Rock and they pop big time again. He says Cena’s name next and it gets a very mixed reaction. Cena says he sees what Piper is trying to do. Piper says he’s trying to help Cena. Piper talks about how the fans wanted The Rock to Rock Bottom Cena at Survivor Series and when he did, they came unglued. A “Boots To Asses” chant starts up. Cena says he has been dealing with this his whole career. Cena talks about the Cenation knows what he stands for and he is extremely loyal to them. Cena says you can’t please everyone and says the fans can do what they want.
Piper says Cena is the face of WWE, he is the man, but the booing is getting louder. Piper says Cena is losing it and if he doesn’t suck it up and tell the fans what he really thinks, Cena will be the loser at the biggest WrestleMania in history. Cena says Piper is going overboard. Cena talks about various moments in his career where he’s been boo’d or cheered. Piper tries to cut him off but Cena keeps going. Cena says The Rock had one great night, that’s it. Cena points out two kids in the front row and says they’re having the time of their lives. He talks about three Make-A-Wish families he met earlier and the National Guardsmen in the crowd. Cena goes on and says he knows he can beat The Rock. Piper says he is proud of Cena and goes on about how Cena is here for WWE every day. Piper puts his Hall of Fame ring in Cena’s hand and says if he doesn’t get it right with the fans, he’s going to be in denial and ruin his chances against The Rock. Cena appreciates it but doesn’t want to take the ring. Piper slaps Cena and tells him to feel the energy. Cena gets pissed, gives Piper his ring back and walks off as we go to the announcers.
– We see a replay from last week of The Miz turning on R-Truth.
– We see Alex Riley and John Morrison backstage talking as we go to commercial. Miz vs. Morrison is up next.
Falls Count Anywhere Match: The Miz vs. John Morrison
Back from the break and out comes John Morrison. As he’s on the stage, The Miz attacks from behind and takes him out. Miz wails away on Morrison’s knee and walks to the ring as trainers check on Morrison. Morrison hobbles down to the ring where Miz looks on. The bell rings and Miz goes for the leg. Morrison dodges it and unloads with right hands. Miz kicks Morrison’s leg out and goes to work on it.
Miz uses the ring post on Morrison’s leg and brings a kendo stick out. Miz hits Morrison in the leg with it. Morrison ducks another kendo shot and clotheslines Miz. Morrison grabs the stick and attacks. Miz flees to the floor but Morrison follows with the kendo stick. Morrison with a 2 count on the floor. Miz crawls up the ramp and Morrison follows with the stick. Miz grabs Morrison and throws him head first into the big W. Miz lays Morrison out with a Skull Crushing Finale on the stage. Miz goes for the pin but the referee won’t let him and calls for the bell because Morrison is knocked out.
Winner: The Miz
– After celebrating, Miz takes a mic and heads to the ring as they load Morrison up on a stretcher. John Laurinaitis comes out, looks Morrison over and walks back to the back. Miz says last week it was R-Truth, this week it’s John Morrison. Next week, we’ll see. Miz says there’s only one Superstar that can make this kind of impact, this kind of statement. That person is him, The Miz. He says he can do it because he’s awesome. RAW goes to commercial.
The Bella Twins vs. Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly
Back from the break and all four Divas are in the ring. Kelly starts things off for her team. Beth Phoenix and Natalya come running down around the ring in workout gear. They jog around the ring and right back up to the back as Kelly and one of the Bellas go at it. It comes down to Alicia and one of the Bellas. Alicia hits her leg drop finisher for the win.
Winners: Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox
– More hype for Punk vs. Del Rio tonight before we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette for Sheamus.
– John Laurinaitis and David Otunga are backstage talking about Brodus Clay. Laurinaitis says the longer he holds off on his debut, the more anger he has pent up. Laurinaitis says he is doing Brodus a favor. Alberto Del Rio walks up. He says what happened at Survivor Series was a setback and he will walk out tonight as WWE Champion. CM Punk walks in and mocks Otunga, Laurinaitis and Del Rio for what he found about them when Googling their names. Punk says the WWE Title isn’t going anywhere. Otunga says that sounded like a threat and implies Punk will get himself intentionally DQ’d tonight to retain the title. Laurinaitis says if Punk gets himself DQ’d, he will lose the title.
– We see Dolph Ziggler and Randy Orton heading to the ring as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Wade Barrett comes out for commentary.
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
Out next comes Randy Orton to a big pop from the crowd. Out next comes the United States Champion Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero. They lock up and go at it. Orton takes Dolph down first with a headlock. Orton floors Ziggler with a clothesline. Ziggler counters next and rolls Orton up for 2. They go to lock up again but Dolph strikes. Orton turns it around and sends Dolph out to the floor after a big clothesline. Dolph comes back in and Orton controls, getting another 2 count.
More back and forth action. Orton tries to come in from the outside but Dolph dropkicks him on the apron. Orton falls back to the floor as Barrett smirks at him. Dolph brings the fight to the floor and works Orton over before rolling him back in for a 2 count. Dolph stomps away in the corner but Orton turns it around. Orton with big uppercuts. Dolph counters with a neckbreaker and another 2 count. Dolph keeps control and goes to the top. Orton meets him with a right hand. Orto climbs up and brings Dolph back to the ring with a big superplex. Orton with a 2 count as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton trades shots with Ziggler in the middle of the ring. Orton rocks Ziggler to the ropes and kicks him in the chest. Orton with a pair of clotheslines and a scoop slam. Orton hits the second rope draping DDT. Orton readies for the RKO but Ziggler rolls out of the ring and goes to leave. Barrett gets on the apron and Orton dropkicks him. Ziggler runs in from behind and lays Orton out for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, Vickie announces Dolph as the winner while he shows off and does a headstand.
– More hype for tonight’s WWE Title Match as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Michael Cole is in the ring with Daniel Bryan. Bryan wonders if maybe he has just some of Cole’s respect now and mentions winning the four-way. Cole keeps calling Bryan a hypocrite for trying to cash in on Mark Henry when he couldn’t compete. Cole shows us what happened on SmackDown with Big Show laying Henry out and then Bryan cashing in, only to have the match overturned by Teddy Long. Cole talks about how funny it was when Bryan’s dreams were shattered. Cole thinks Bryan should have been stripped of his briefcase and suspended. Cole says Bryan disgusts him and he’s nothing but a hypocrite. Cole hopes Henry tears Bryan apart tomorrow night on SmackDown. Bryan says he planned to cash in at WrestleMania but those plans changed when Henry tried to end his career. Bryan says the briefcase doesn’t guarantee him anything. He saw an opportunity and took it. Bryan goes on about the World Title when Henry’s music hits. Henry comes to the stage and says Bryan should be ashamed of himself for trying to take advantage of him. Henry says Teddy Long should be ashamed for booking him in the match also when he’s half injured. Henry says it’s ok because he’s the World’s Strongest Man and he will defend his World Title in the steel cage. Bryan leaves the ring and starts walking up the ramp. Henry says Bryan can’t beat him. Bryan walks up the ramp and kicks Henry’s foot that’s in a boot. Bryan says we will see tomorrow night and walks to the back.
– Even more hype for tonight’s WWE Title match. Back to commercial.
Zack Ryder vs. Jack Swagger
They lock up and Swagger slams Ryder to the mat and shows off. They lock up again and go to the corner. Ryder fights out with right hands. They run the ropes and Ryder takes Swagger down with a forearm. Swagger hits a belly to belly suplex for a 2 count. Swagger hits a bunch of right hands as the ref backs him off. Swagger slams Ryder and drops a big leg drop for 2. Swagger keeps control until Ryder hits a neckbreaker for 2. Ryder counters a gutwrench and hits an elbow in the corner.
Ryder comes off the top but Swagger catches him and drops him over his knee. Swagger runs to the corner for the Swagger Bomb but Ryder tries to trip him or something. Swagger tries again and Ryder puts his feet up. Ryder hits the Ruff Ryder for the win.
Winner: Zack Ryder
– Back from the break and we get a replay of Piper’s Pit from earlier.
– Mick Foley comes out dressed as Santa Claus to promote tomorrow night’s SmackDown special. Not much to it at all.
– CM Punk is stopped by Josh Matthews backstage. Matthews asks about the stipulation that Laurinaitis added to the match. Punk says Laurinaitis can kiss his ass. Punk walks off to the ring as we go to commercial.
WWE Title Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk
Back from the break and Ricardo Rodriguez introduces Alberto Del Rio. Out next comes WWE Champion CM Punk to a nice reaction from the crowd.
They lock up and trade holds. Del Rio goes to work on Punk’s arm early. Punk takes Del Rio to the corner and tosses him right back out. Punk works on Del Rio’s arm now. Del Rio turns it around and takes him down with a headlock. Del Rio with a 2 count and more focus on Punk’s arm. Punk makes a comeback and clotheslines Del Rio to the floor. Punk suicide dives through the ropes and takes Del Rio out on the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio lands a 2 count on Punk. Del Rio goes back to working on Punk’s arm and takes him to the mat. Punk gets a boot up in the corner but comes off the rope and Del Rio moves. Del Rio with another kick and a 2 count. Del Rio with right hands on the mat now. Punk fights Del Rio off but gets caught in a big backbreaker for another 2 count. Del Rio with more focus on Punk’s arm.
Punk makes a comeback for a 2 count. They trade punches and kicks now. Punk with a series of kicks. Del Rio comes back with rights. Punk with a heel kick and a neckbreaker for a 2 count. More back and forth with pin attempts. Del Rio blocks GTS but can’t get the pin. Del Rio with a big kick to the back. Del Rio unties the turnbuckle pad. The referee turns his back to fix it. Del Rio throws Punk a chair, trying to get him disqualified. Punk throws it back to Del Rio and drops to the mat so it looks like Del Rio hit him. The ref goes to DQ Del Rio. Punk rolls Del Rio up for a 2 count but Del Rio kicks out. Punk also kicks out at a close 2. Ricardo gets on the apron and argues with the referee. Del Rio goes to throw Punk into the exposed turnbuckle. Punk counters and drops him onto the turnbuckle with a GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
– After the match, Punk celebrates and hits Ricardo with a GTS. RAW goes off the air with the WWE Champion celebrating.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|10||WWE Planning To Increase Sexual Tension As Part Of AJ Lee and Paige Storyline|
|6||Details On Sting and WrestleMania 31, Legendary Announcer To Honor Jerry Lawler|
|5||Steve Austin Training for WWE Return?, Why NXT Stars Were Not Used On Raw|
|4||Actor Says He Wants to Host WWE RAW, Damien Sandow Snaps Streak, Teddy Long|
|4||Head Writer for WWE NXT TV Revealed, Inspiration Behind Hideo Itami's Name Change, More|