- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up from Cleveland with Jerry Lawler in the ring. Lawler hypes The Rock and John Cena’s segments tonight. He introduces John Cena. Cena comes out to Word Life and has his old gear on, big chain and all. The crowd boos Cena as he prepares to rap.
Cena does his rap and says what he’s been saying for weeks.
– Vickie Guerrero comes out and asks everyone to excuse her. She goes on and introduces Dolph Ziggler. Out he comes with his new pink t-shirt tied around his waist.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus
Ziggler heads to the ring and out next comes his opponent Sheamus. They go to lock up and Ziggler shows off some, dodging the lock up. Sheamus finally kicks Ziggler and takes him down to the mat. 2 count for Sheamus. And another.
Sheamus keeps control and sends Dolph out to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus levels Dolph with a clothesline. Sheamus continues to wear Dolph down and drops him with another shoulder. They tangle and Sheamus hip tosses Dolph over the top rope and to the floor. Sheamus comes out but gets into an argument with Vickie. Dolph crawls under the ring, comes out of the other side and dropkicks Sheamus. Dolph throws Sheamus hard into the announcers table and he lands awkwardly.
They bring it back in the ring and Ziggler keeps Sheamus on the mat. We see Josh Mathews up in the sky boxes with Daniel Bryan and his girlfriend AJ Lee. AJ acts like she is scared of Bryan as he talks about his love for her and his opponent Sheamus. In the ring, Sheamus makes a comeback and splashes Dolph before hitting a big side slam. 2 count for Sheamus. Dolph blocks the Celtic Cross but Sheamus catches him and drops him on his face. Another 2 count for Sheamus.
Dolph comes off the top but Sheamus catches him in mid-air. They trade counters and pin attempts. Ziggler kicks out of the Celtic Cross again. More back and forth action. Dolph hits his leg drop but Sheamus kicks out at 2. They both get up and Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick for the win.
– We get hype for Team Laurinaitis vs. Team Long before going to commercial.
Mark Henry and Santino Marella vs. David Otunga
Back from the break and out comes John Laurinaitis to ringside for commentary. WWE United States Champion Santino Marella, captain of Team Long, is out next with Aksana at his side. David Otunga, the captain for Team Laurinaitis, is out next. Laurinaitis takes the mic and makes it a handicap match. Out comes Otunga’s partner – Mark Henry.
The bell rings and out comes Teddy Long to the ring. Teddy and Laurinaitis argue at ringside. Teddy shoves Laurinaitis over in his chair at the announcers table. In the ring, Santino works over Otunga and gets ready for the Cobra until Mark Henry stops him. Henry unloads on Santino and hits the World’s Strongest Slam for the win.
Winners: David Otunga and Mark Henry
– After the match, Henry and Otunga pick up Santino when Kofi Kingston runs out to make the save. Kofi has no luck and gets beat down then hit with a WSS. R-Truth is out next and he also gets beat down by Henry and Otunga. Otunga lays Truth out with his finisher. Laurinaitis enters the ring as Henry drops a big splash on Truth. Laurinaitis introduces the newest member to Team Laurinaitis – Mark Henry. Teddy and Aksana look on from ringside.
– We go to a video for The Miz on Psych.
– Back from a commercial and we get footage of the WWE Divas talking about WrestleMania 28 with Maria Menounos on Extra.
– Eve Torre sis backstage when Zack Ryder walks up. Same old schtick from Ryder. Eve says they can be friends and he doesn’t like the sound of that so she says friends with benefits. Beth Phoenix walks up and is upset about not being on Extra with the other Divas. Beth is going to show up on Extra and confront Maria Menounos. Eve says that’s not a bad idea. Ryder walks off after confirming their dinner plans for later tonight. Beth talks about how she could get Ryder wrapped around her finger and it pisses Eve off.
– The Miz is backstage with John Laurinaitis. Miz wants to be on Team Laurinaitis at WrestleMania. Miz brings in Psych star James Roday. Miz tries to plead his case for the spot at WrestleMania. Laurinaitis says Miz can be on the team if he wins his match tonight. Laurinaitis asks Roday if he will be the special ring announcer. CM Punk will be Miz’s opponent for tonight. Roday tells Miz he’s got this before he walks off.
– Brodus Clay is up next. Back to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Jinder Mahal
Back from the commercial and out comes Jinder Mahal. The Funkettes come out next and introduce Brodus Clay. Brodus dances his way to the ring and it looks like he’s lost some weight since he was last on TV. The match begins and Brodus hits his usual moves for the squash win.
Winner: Brodus Clay
– We see Shawn Michaels walking backstage before going back to commercial.
– Shawn Michaels comes out to a nice reaction and talks about Triple H. We see footage from last week of their in-ring confrontation. Shawn says he’s been here for the past few weeks and nobody has walked up and called him a loser or a failure, despite what Triple H said last week. Shawn says there is one person and calls out The Undertaker. The lights go out and the bells toll as Taker makes his way out.
Shawn talks about the history he and Taker have and wants Taker to say what he has to say to Shawn’s face. Taker brings up Shawn’s insecurities and Shawn cuts him off. They go on and Taker says he’s prepared to accept a win or loss at WrestleMania but Shawn better not let his ego get in the way. Taker says destiny will happen at WrestleMania and it will be the end of an era. Taker says the outcome must be pure, win or lose. If the outcome isn’t pure, there will be hell to pay. Shawn asks if it’s ironic that he could be the guy that turns Taker into a loser and a failure. Shawn says he could still be the guy that ends the Streak. Shawn goes to walk off and Taker grabs his arm. Taker says he will beat Triple H in the Cell and the Streak will continue. Taker says he will officially end an era but if Shawn doesn’t do the right thing, he will officially end Shawn. Shawn backs away, stands there and pats Taker on the arm before walking out of the ring.
As Shawn is walking up the ramp, Triple H comes out and stares down at the ring. Shawn continues walking to the back as Triple H smirks at Taker from the stage. Triple H throws a crotch chop to Taker as his music hits and he leaves.
– Up next, CM Punk vs. The Miz.
The Miz vs. CM Punk
We go to the ring and out comes the special guest ring announcer – James Roday. Roday does a big introduction for hometown star The Miz and out he comes. WWE Champion CM Punk is out next to a big pop, also introduced by Roday.
We see Chris Jericho watching backstage as Punk gets ready. They lock up and Miz goes for an early pin attempt. If Miz gets the win here, he gets a spot on Team Laurinaitis at WrestleMania. Pun with kicks now. Back and forth as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz has Punk in an abdominal stretch. Punk fights out and kicks Miz in the head. Punk springboards in with a clothesline and another. Punk with the neckbreaker and high knee in the corner followed by the bulldog. Punk calls for GTS but Miz fights him off. Miz runs into a dropkick and Punk covers for 2.
Miz comes back and hits the big DDT for a 2 count. They trade holds and counters until Punk locks Miz in the Anaconda Vice and makes him tap out.
Winner: CM Punk
– After the match, Chris Jericho appears on the big screen. He has some dirt on Punk. He knows why Punk is straight edge – because his father is an alcoholic. Jericho says Punk’s father let him down every step of the way growing up. Jericho says alcohol is in Punk’s genes, in his blood, and that tortures him. Jericho says he has found something that gives Punk nightmares and terrifies him. Jericho says Punk craves alcohol. Jericho says he is going to be the one to make Punk drink. After April 1st, Jericho will be recognized for being the best in the world and the new WWE Champion and Punk will be recognized for what he is and what his father was – a pathetic drunk. Punk takes a step back and looks caught off guard. Punk slowly walks out of the ring with his head down, holding the WWE Title as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a promo for the Law Offices of David Otunga – @DavidOtunga.
Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger
We go to the ring where Jack Swagger waits as Randy Orton makes his way out.
They lock up and Swagger goes behind, taking Orton to the mat. Swagger with another takedown, working on Orton’s arm. Orton with a takedown of his own. Orton starts stomping on Swagger as Vickie Guerrero yells at ringside. Orton dropkicks Swagger and throws him out to the floor. Orton throws Swagger into the steel steps and slams his head into the announce table. Orton brings it back in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it in the ring. Swagger hits Orton with a big boot and takes his knee out. Swagger covers for 2. Swagger goes for the Swagger Bomb but Orton moves out of the way. Swagger locks in the ankle lock but Orton rolls out of it and kicks him away. Orton dumps Swagger to the apron and brings him back in with a superplex from the top. Orton hits a pair of clotheslines and the power slam. Orton hits the draping DDT from the second rope. Orton connects with the RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– As Orton’s music plays, pyro goes off around the ring and the arena turns red. Orton looks around for Kane but he doesn’t appear.
– We get a replay of John Cena’s rap from earlier tonight. Up next is the Rock Concert. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes The Rock with a guitar.
Rock comes out and says this is the biggest crowd in history for WWE in Cleveland. Rock starts ripping on Cena and says he’s what you get when Vanilla Ice gets busy with a Teletubby. Rock sits down to his microphone and grabs his guitar as the crowd chants. Rock starts singing his version of Cleveland Rocks and it’s all about Cena.
Rock’s concert gets a way better reaction from the crowd. Part of the song talks about Cena cheating on his wife with Eve. Another is about Cena having lady parts. Rock asks if there are any grown men in the crowd that are Cena fans. It’s mostly boos but Rock finds a few. He says he’s not going to mess with them but the fans say he should. Rock next has a song for all the grown men who are Cena fans.
Next Rock has a song about Cena’s mom and his wife. Rock’s last song is the song for Team Bring It he says. It’s to the tune of We Will Rock You and Rock botches a lot of the lyrics that are playing on the big screen. Rock thanks the crowd and RAW goes off the air.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!