- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow kicks off from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA as Michael Cole welcomes us. Jerry Lawler hypes the in-ring confrontation between The Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Cole talks about John Cena vs. Mark Henry as well as The Rock appearing.
- We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk.
Punk tells everyone that Chris Jericho isn’t here tonight. Punk says Jericho pissed him off last week. Punk starts to bring up his father and how Jericho said he was an alcoholic. Punk says that’s not Jericho’s story to tell or any of his business. Punk says here he is, naked under a microscope for the whole world to see. Punk says Jericho is trying to get in his head for some kind of advantage going into WrestleMania.
Punk says if there is a monster inside of him – he’s going to let that monster out at WrestleMania. Punk refuses to let his past dictate his future. Punk says nobody should let a past nightmare cloud their future dreams. Punk says Jericho forgot to tell you that his father has worked hard and overcome his addiction. Punk says he is proud of his father. Punk is proud that he’s straight edge. It’s tattooed on his skin for a reason. It’s what he believes. Punk says Jericho is just an obstacle and he’s going straight through him at WrestleMania to prove once and for all that he’s the best in the world. Punk drops the mic as his music hits.
Jericho appears on the big screen live via satellite. Jericho says he was out of line for what he said last week. Jericho says this is Chris talking to him, no fancy jackets or anything. Jericho apologizes again for bringing up Punk’s father last week. He hopes Punk will accept the apology. Jericho promises he will never say anything about Punk’s father on this show. However, Punk’s sister is a whole other ball game. Jericho says Punk’s sister has a history with substance abuse and will do anything to get her fix. Jericho says it’s inevitable that Punk ends up like his father and sister. Jericho says Punk is going to drink. When Jericho beats Punk at WrestleMania, that’s something he will never be able to overcome. Punk is pissed now. He says something that’s bleeped out by the censors. Punk calls Jericho some form of shit and says that’s what he’s going to beat out of him. Punk drops the mic and walks off, staring up at the big screen.
- We see Big Show and Kane headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
Kane vs. Big Show
Back from the break and Kane is making his entrance. Out next comes Big Show.
Before the match begins, out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes. Cody heads down for commentary but has a video shown that mocks Big Show’s WrestleMania history.
Cody doesn’t join commentary but mocks Show and watches from ringside. Kane and Shwo go at it. Show takes it to the corner to start. Show ends up taking control and going to the second rope. Cody gets on the apron and distracts him. Show shoves Cody off the apron to the floor but gets caught with a chokeslam from Kane for the win.
- After the match, Cody comes in the ring and lays Show out with Beautiful Disaster. Cody continues the attack and grabs a pair of handcuffs. Cody cuffs Show to the ropes. Cody brings a pair of boxing gloves in the ring to reenact the WrestleMania beating from Floyd Mayweather. Cody punches Show with the gloves and stomps away on him. Officials try to stop Cody but he bounces around Show. Show is pissed as he’s cuffed to the ropes. Show tells Cody to run. They cut the cuffs off Show as Cody leaves up the ramp. Show tries to get to his feet but falls. We go to replays with Show trying to regain his composure.
- Still to come tonight, Cena vs. Henry. Back to commercial.
David Otunga vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and out first comes David Otunga with John Laurinaitis. The WWE United States Champion Santino Marella is out next and Teddy Long is with him. Santino and Otunga have a pose contest before the match. Otunga beats Santino down and here we go.
Santino makes a comeback, hip tosses Otunga and drops a headbutt. Santino pulls out the Cobra as Laurinaitis and Teddy have words at ringside. Santino stomps on Laurinaitis’ cell phone but turns around to Otunga’s finisher for the win.
Winner: David Otunga
- Up next is The Rock. He’s got a message for John Cena. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and The Rock is out in the city of Philadelphia with the famous Rocky statue. Rock talks about how he witnessed several big WrestleMania moments as a kid and then headlined the big show himself in Philadelphia against Steve Austin. The Rock then talks about John Cena and says he’s headed back to the arena here soon. Rock throws in stopping for a cheesesteak and turning it sideways before shoving it up Cena’s rear. The Rock goes on with a long promo and walks off to make his way to the building.
Daniel Bryan vs. Zack Ryder
We go to the ring and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan with AJ Lee at his side. His opponent will be Zack Ryder right after commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Zack Ryder to a nice reaction from the crowd. We see footage from Ryder’s rally in the parking lot earlier. The bell rings and they lock up. Ryder takes Bryan down first but gets caught with a big knee to the gut and a kick to the back. Bryan drops a knee and stomps away.
Ryder makes a comeback and drops Bryan in the corner. He hits the running boot in the corner but Bryan blocks the Rough Ryder and turns it into the LaBell Lock for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
John Cena vs. Mark Henry
Back from the commercial and out comes John Cena. it’s announced that rapper Flo Rida will perform live at WrestleMania 28. Mark Henry is out next.
They lock up and Henry shoves Cena to the mat. Henry keeps in control of Cena and beats him around the ring and out to the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena has Henry in the ring. Henry levels Cena with a clothesline and drops a big splash for a 2 count. Henry continues to control the match until Cena moves from the corner. Cena manages to hit a side suplex on Henry and then the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but can’t get Henry up. Cena counters the World’s Strongest Slam and hits the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
- After the match, The Rock’s music hits and out he comes. Rock rushes the ring and lays Henry out with a Rock Bottom right in front of Cena. This was Rock’s way of sending Cena a message. Rock quickly marches to the back as we go to replays.
- Cole shows us footage from two weeks ago where Shawn Michaels was named the special referee for Hell in a Cell at WrestleMania 28. The confrontation is still to come tonight. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see the WWE Divas on Extra last week.
- The Miz is in the ring. He wants to be on Team Laurinaitis at WrestleMania 28. He’s arranged a challenge tonight to prove he should be on the team. The music interrupts and out comes Sheamus.
Sheamus vs. The Miz
The bell rings and they go right at it. Miz kicks Sheamus in the head but gets dropped with a big right hand. Miz hits Sheamus with an elbow and kicks his knee out. Sheamus counters the DDT and hits the Celtic Cross for a quick 2 count. We see David Otunga and John Laurinaitis watching backstage. Sheamus takes Miz to the corner. Miz turns things around and hits the backbreaker and neckbreaker combo. 1 count for Miz.
Miz takes Sheamus to the mat now. Sheamus fights out and beats Miz down in the corner as the referee counts. Sheamus with a big powerslam and another 2 count. Sheamus ends up hitting a Brogue Kick for the win.
- We get a replay of CM Punk and Chris Jericho’s exchange earlier in the night before going back to commercial.
- Randy Orton comes out and cuts a promo on Kane for WrestleMania 28.
- Vickie Guerrero comes out and introduces Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger as the two newest members of Team Laurinaitis at WrestleMania. We go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
Back from the break and both teams are going at it. Swagger and Ziggler get Kofi in their corner and double team him with cheap shots.
The end comes when Ziggler hits his leg drop on Truth and Vickie puts his foot on the ropes for leverage.
Winners: Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Vickie and Aksana brawl.
- Up next is the confrontation with Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Undertaker. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Shawn Michaels. He talks about stealing the show at WrestleMania and says it’s pretty cool knowing that he holds the end of an era in the palm of his hand. Shawn goes on and is interrupted by The Undertaker’s big entrance.
Taker comes out and tells Shawn he did enough talking last week so he should shut up now. Taker talks about how the match needs to be fair. He is interrupted by Triple H’s music and out comes The Game.
Triple H says Taker should stop worrying about Shawn because it’s not about him. Triple H points out that he and Taker have been in 19 out of 24 Hell in a Cell matches. Triple H says the Cell is where he thrives and excels. Triple H says the whole world is going to see the end of an era – Taker’s. Taker asks Triple H if he’s willing to put it all on the line – his career, his wife, his kids, everything. Yes, if it means giving Taker the end that he so richly deserves. Taker and Triple H come face to face.
Taker goes to leave the ring as Shawn and Triple H look on. Taker turns around and asks if Triple H remembers when he said Shawn was the better of the two. Taker says Shawn is the better again and leaves the ring as his music hits. Shawn and Triple H stare each other down and look up to Taker as RAW goes off the air.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|22||Backstage Heat on Randy Orton For Slowing Down Roman Reigns' Push|
|11||More on Spike TV Not Renewing TNA's Impact Contract, What Dixie Reportedly Told Employees|
|10||WWE Hall of Famer Reportedly Refuses to Sign Birthday Card for Kid Fighting Brain Cancer|
|9||Fan Describes Another Awkward Encounter with Brock Lesnar and Sable In Orlando Last Week|
|8||WWE RAW Report - July 28, 2014|