– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the new intro video. We’re live from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. He’s joined by Jerry Lawler.
CM Punk vs. Big Show
We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk for a non-title match. Out next comes Big Show as the announcers hype SummerSlam.
They lock up and Show overpowers him. Punk fights back and takes Show to the corner with lefts and rights. Show overpowers again and turns it around. Punk with kicks now. Show stops him with a big headbutt. Show chokes Punk on the ropes now. They go to the corner again and Show connects with a big chop to the chest. Show continues the assault on Punk and walks on top of him. Show stands on Punk’s head now.
Show with another big chop to the chest. Punk fights back and staggers Show with a dropkick. Show stops him with another headbutt and a big scoop slam. Show goes to work on Punk’s arm and shoulder now. Punk starts another comeback. Show misses a splash in the corner and Punk connects with the high knee. Show blocks the bulldog and spears Punk. Daniel Bryan’s music hits and out he comes.
Bryan comes out ranting about how he will make Punk tap out. He thinks he should be wrestling the WWE Champion at SummerSlam and not Kane. Show hits Punk with a big sideslam and goes to the top. Punk kicks him down and springboards in with a clothesline. Punk with a 2 count. Bryan rushes the ring and attacks Punk for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: CM Punk
– After the bell, Bryan applies the No Lock on Punk and won’t let go. Show takes advantage and drops an elbow on Punk while he’s down. John Cena runs down and clotheslines Show out of the ring. Bryan attacks Cena but gets dumped out to the floor. Cena cleans house as Punk looks on. RAW General Manager AJ Lee comes skipping out to the ring. AJ says Daniel is clearly still dealing with anger management issues and he will make it up to everyone for ruining this match. AJ announces Bryan and Show vs. Punk and Cena for later tonight. AJ skips away as Cena and Punk argue in the ring.
– Still to come tonight, a contract signing between Triple H and Brock Lesnar. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and JTG is backstage with Kaitlyn. He’s complaining about not being able to get a match on a three-hour show. AJ walks by and wonders if he’s trying to say she’s not doing a good job. JTG gets quiet now as AJ questions him. AJ tells JTG to get to the ring now and she will find him an opponent. He walks off and she’s left with Kaitlyn. She asks if Kaitlyn thinks she’s unstable. Kaitlyn can think of many words to describe AJ but unstable isn’t one of them, she says.
– Cole and Lawler hype tonight’s big tag match.
JTG vs. Ryback
We go to the ring and out comes JTG. Cole brings up JTG’s Twitter rant from last week. Out comes his opponent Ryback. Ryback has a new theme song this week.
The bell rings and they lock up. Ryback shoves JTG off and backs him into the ropes. They go at it and JTG hits right hands. Ryback catches him with a belly to belly and runs over him with a big boot. Ryback slams JTG’s head on the mat a few times and drops him with a big powerbomb. The crowd chants Feed Me More as Ryback gets ready. He nails the big clothesline and then hits Shellshocked for the win.
– Cole announces that Roddy Piper is here tonight and fans will be able to vote on Twitter their choices for a Piper’s Pit guest. #Y2JPit is for Chris Jericho, #MizPit is for The Miz and #DolphPit is for Dolph Ziggler. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro with the United States Title on the line is announced for the SummerSlam pre-show match.
– WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper is backstage rambling. The camera pans and we see Shawn Michaels in there with him. They do a bit and Shawn takes a phone call. It sounds like he’s talking to Triple H, who apparently is stuck on a flight. Shawn says he needs to be here because it’s not Shawn’s fight. Shawn hangs up and looks worried.
Heath Slater vs. R-Truth
We go to the ring and Heath Slater is interrupted by one-half of the Tag Team Champions R-Truth.
Truth and Slater go at it. They trade right hands and Slater drops Truth with a neckbreaker. Slater with a quick pin attempt. Slater works Truth over and keeps him grounded on the mat now. Truth ducks and comes back with a clothesline and a face plant for the quick win.
– After the match, the music hits and out comes Darren Young and Titus O’Neil. Truth fights them off but gets dropped by a big boot from Titus. Truth gets double teamed now by the #1 contenders, who get their title shot at SummerSlam. It was mentioned earlier that Kofi Kingston is on tour overseas. They celebrate as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see some Tout videos from Mark Henry while he was in London for the Olympics.
– Cole and Lawler plug DJ Pauly D, who is tonight’s Social Media Ambassador. They go over some of his tweets about tonight’s show so far.
– We get a look at SmackDown where the World Heavyweight Title match was canceled. They show the WWE.com video where Booker T said Alberto Del Rio crossed the line and would be facing repercussions. Cole shows us a new Tout video from Alberto Del Rio where he said he would be speaking with Booker on SmackDown.
Sin Cara vs. Tensai
We go to the ring and out first comes Sin Cara. We go to commercial before his opponent comes out.
Back from the break and out comes Tensai with Sakamoto. The bell rings and Tensai drops Cara. He goes for a powerbomb but Cara turns it around and tries for a roll up but can’t. Tensai runs over Cara with a shoulder. Tensai goes for a splash in the corner but Cara moves. Cara goes up top with a senton. Cara kicks Sakamoto off the apron and sends Tensai flying into him. Cara with more offense and a DDT from the corner. Cara with the quick pin out of nowhere.
Winner: Sin Cara
– After the match, Cara hurries up the ramp. Tensai grabs Sakamoto and brings him in the ring. Tensai slaps him and slams him to the mat. Tensai drops a backsplash on Sakamoto and screams.
– Shawn Michaels is backstage asking a crew member if they have seen someone. Shawn wants to be notified when this person arrives.
– Another plug for Piper’s Pit later tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Jerry Lawler introduces Roddy Piper. The ring is all done up for Piper’s Pit. Piper cuts a promo and Lawler reveals the guest to be Chris Jericho with 55% of the vote. Jericho’s music hits and out he comes to Piper’s Pit.
Piper says last time he saw Jericho was when Mickey Rourke knocked him out at WrestleMania a few years back. Jericho talks about he beat the Legends at WrestleMania that year. Jericho is excited to be on Piper’s Pit for the first time ever and thanks the fans. Piper talks about how Dolph Ziggler can’t win the big one anymore. Piper says he knew Jericho’s father and he won the big one. Vickie Guerrero comes out screaming for everyone to excuse her. Vickie introduces Dolph and out he comes with the briefcase.
Ziggler asks Piper how many years has he been doing the same tired segment. Ziggler calls Piper sad. Piper knocks Ziggler for wearing pink and takes a shot at Vickie. Ziggler asks how many failed comebacks does Jericho have to have before he realizes he just can’t do it anymore. Ziggler says Jericho will be finished after their match on Sunday. Jericho comes back but Vickie chimes in and Jericho tells her to shut the hell up. Jericho says he hasn’t forgot about Vickie slapping him on Friday. Jericho says he’s going to prove Ziggler wrong by beating him at SummerSlam. Jericho guarantees that. Piper tries a Y2J chant when WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz comes out.
Miz comes out asking really. He says Dolph and he have something in common – they can still win the big one. Miz talks about some of his accomplishments and says he’s taking matters into his own hands – he’s taking over the show. He says Dolph can be his guest but Piper and Jericho can get the hell out of his ring. Piper yells no and Jericho lays Miz out with a right hand. Jericho attacks Ziggler and throws Miz out of the ring. Ziggler grabs his briefcase but Jericho counters and knocks him out of the ring. Jericho poses with Piper as his music plays. Back to commercial.
Chris Jericho vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and we have a match, as announced by AJ on Twitter. The bell rings and Jericho fights both men off and clotheslines Miz in the corner. Jericho with a backdrop and a dropkick on Ziggler, sending him out to the floor. Jericho works over Miz now and suplexes him. Pin attempt by Jericho.
Jericho with chops. Ziggler trips Jericho up and comes back in the match. Ziggler and Miz stomp away on Jericho and continue to double team him. Miz and Ziggler finally have words and Jericho attacks both. Jericho dumps Miz to the floor and then Ziggler. Jericho leaps over the top and takes both of them out. Jericho climbs on top of the announcers table and plays to the crowd. Jericho slams a piece of the table onto his opponents and rolls Ziggler back in the ring. Jericho kicks Miz in the face but gets knocked into the announcers table by Ziggler. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Miz is going at it with Jericho in the ring while Ziggler is still on the floor. Miz takes control. Ziggler tries to get back in but can’t. Miz covers Jericho for 2 and goes back to work. Miz with a submission now. Miz misses the big clothesline in the corner as Jericho moves. Jericho makes a comeback with shoulders. He springboard dropkicks Dolph as he tries coming in. Jericho unloads on Miz and hits the bulldog. Jericho with a Lionsault for 2 as Ziggler comes back in. Jericho stops Ziggler and takes Miz to the apron. Jericho goes for a superplex but Dolph comes over and powerbombs them. Ziggler with a 2 count. Jericho reverses it for 2. Ziggler drops Jericho with the big leg drop for another pin attempt.
Miz comes in from behind and hits Skull Crushing Finale on Ziggler but Jericho breaks the pin. Miz goes at it with Jericho but gets rolled up. Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho but Miz counters. Ziggler comes in and takes out Miz. Jericho hits Ziggler with a Codebreaker. Jericho covers Ziggler but Vickie puts his foot on the bottom rope. Jericho argues with Vickie. Miz rolls Jericho up from behind but he kicks out. Jericho blocks SCF and rolls Miz up into the Walls of Jericho. Miz taps out but Vickie has the referee distracted. Ziggler runs in and hits Zig Zag on Jericho for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– We see CM Punk backstage warming up. Eve Torres appears and congratulates him on the new CM Punk. He says there is no new CM Punk, he’s the same guy he always has been. Punk says all he has ever done is fight for respect because that’s what he deserves. Eve says nobody believes that, especially John Cena. Punk says he will go tell Cena that himself and walks off.
– Still to come, the Lesnar-HHH contract signing for SummerSlam. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole goes over more RAW tweets from Pauly D. We get a look back at earlier tonight where John Cena made the save for CM Punk against Daniel Bryan and Big Show.
– Shawn Michaels is shown backstage and Cole mentions Triple H isn’t here yet. Cena walks up on HBK and he’s a bit jumpy. HBK walks off and CM Punk walks up. Punk says he won’t stab anyone in the back but he will make sure Cena and Show don’t walk out of SummerSlam the champion. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another vignette for Wade Barrett.
Kaitlyn and Layla vs. Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Divas Champion Layla with her partner Kaitlyn. Out next comes the team of Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres.
Beth and Layla start things out. They go at it and Beth lifts her high. Layla slides out and they go to the corner. Eve tags in and beats Layla down in the corner. Layla with more counters and pin attempts. Layla springboards into a crossbody for another pin attempt. Layla with a headlock now. Layla dances around and bumps Eve in the face. Kaitlyn taunts Eve, allowing Layla to clothesline her. 2 count by Layla. Kaitlyn tags in and hits a backbreaker for a 2 count. Kaitlyn with more shots and another pin attempt. Kaitlyn goes to the second rope but Eve pulls her to the mat. Eve mounts her with right hands and covers for 2.
Beth tags in and takes control of Kaitlyn. She also clotheslines Layla off the apron. The referee holds Layla back as Kaitlyn gets double teamed in the corner. Kaitlyn fights Beth and takes another shot at Eve. Kaitlyn pushes Beth into Eve and then rolls Beth up for the win.
Winners: Layla and Kaitlyn
– They show the video package for Lesnar vs. Triple H again. Lawler says Triple H has not arrived yet but is on his way to the arena. The tag match is up next after commercial.
Big Show and Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk and John Cena
Back from the break and out comes Big Show first for his team. Daniel Bryan is out next. WWE Champion CM Punk is out first for his team, followed by John Cena.
Cena and Bryan start things out. Cena applies a headlock and drops him with a shoulder. Punk tags himself in while Cena isn’t expecting it. Show wants to tag in but Bryan locks up with Punk. They go back and forth a bit until Cena tags himself in. Show wants a tag still but Bryan yells no at him. Cena and Bryan go at it and Cena gets the upperhand. Cena with a dropkick. Show finally comes in and turns things around on Cena.
Back from a commercial break and Show is still in control of Cena. Cena starts to fight back but Show catches him in mid-air. Bryan tags himself in. Bryan yells at Show to get out of the ring and they have words. Bryan misses a dropkick on Cena in the corner. Punk comes in and clotheslines Bryan. Punk with a neckbreaker and a 2 count as Show breaks the pin. Punk goes to tag Cena but he’s not there. Bryan pulls Punk back and tags in Show. Show goes to work on Punk now.
Show with a big body shot on Punk. Show backs Punk onto the ropes and delivers another big chop to the chest. Punk fights back but Show catches him in a bear hug. Punk tries to make a comeback but Show drops him with a big backdrop. Show taunts Cena as Punk recovers. Punk fights back again but Show scoop slams him. Bryan tags himself in again and yells at Show to get out. They argue again. Show leaves the ring and takes a seat at ringside. Bryan unloads on Punk with kicks to the chest. Punk ducks one kick and takes Bryan down with another. Punk mocks Cena’s sequence of moves and hits the shoulders, the back drop and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena stops the Shuffle by tagging himself in. Cena hits the high knee in the corner and then the bulldog like Punk. Punk leaves the ring and Bryan rolls Cena up for 2. Cena comes back with the Attitude Adjustment on Bryan for the win as Show looks on from ringside.
Winners: CM Punk and John Cena
– After the match, Cena celebrates and in comes Show. Punk makes the save and knocks Show down with the WWE Title belt. Cena and Punk stare each other down for a minute. Punk extends his hand for a shake but Cena won’t accept it. Punk gets pissed and leaves the ring with the WWE Title. Punk walks straight to the back and Cena’s music plays again.
– Josh Mathews catches Punk backstage and asks him what just happened. Punk says Cena went into business for himself and only cares about himself. Punk says Cena disrespected him by not shaking his hand. Punk says he’s going to teach Cena and everyone about respect after SummerSlam on Sunday. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Paul Heyman backstage talking with Brock Lesnar.
Damien Sandow vs. Christian
We go to the ring and out comes Damien Sandow. We get a look back at Sandow attacking Brodus Clay last week. Out next comes Christian.
They lock up and Sandow strikes first. Sandow whips Christian to the corner and hits him with shoulder thrusts. Sandow trips Christian and drops a big elbow for 2. Sandow runs into a big boot and misses a clothesline. Christian with right hands and a clothesline. Christian drops down with the big right hand and comes off the second rope with an elbow. Christian readies for the finish but Sandow rolls out to the ring. Christian comes out and Sandow rams his head repeatedly into the steel steps. Sandow brings it back in the ring but Brodus Clay’s music hits and out he comes. Sandow is distracted and Christian gets a 2 count. Sandow comes right back with his finisher on Christian for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
– HBK is still walking around backstage paranoid. He runs into Brock Lesnar. Lesnar just stares him down and Shawn walks the other way. The contract signing is up next but Cole says Triple H still hasn’t arrived. Back to commercial.
– Back from the commercial and out comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman.
They hit the ring and we’ve got the typical setup for a contract signing with table and chairs. Heyman introduces himself as the advocate for Brock Lesnar. Heyman brings up Triple H’s flight delays tonight. Heyman says they believe that story because nobody wants the SummerSlam match more than Triple H. Heyman says Triple H needs it because this is the most personal fight of his career. Heyman goes on about Triple H. Heyman has the contract for the SummerSlam match. Heyman won’t allow Lesnar to be held legally responsible for what happens to Triple H. Heyman talks about how brutal the match will be.
Heyman brings up Shawn Michaels and how he is in the building. Heyman invites Shawn out to come tell Lesnar to his face that he thinks Triple H will win on Sunday. Heyman says HBK isn’t coming out and he can’t blame him. Heyman goes on and Shawn’s music hits. Out he comes.
HBK comes out and grabs a mic but just has a staredown with Lesnar as the crowd chants. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes in a suit. Triple H locks eyes with Lesnar and enters the ring. They meet at the table and stare each other down. The crowd chants mostly for Triple H. Triple H signs the contract first but keeps an eye on Lesnar. Lesnar signs next and tosses the clipboard at Triple H. Lesnar and Heyman go to the floor. Lesnar smiles at Triple H as he walks around the ring to the ramp. The crowd chants “you suck” at Heyman and Lesnar. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get some Tout videos from fans.
– Shawn Michaels is backstage with Triple H. Shawn says Brock is on a whole different level. Shawn says he will be there in Triple H’s corner but Triple H alone must beat Lesnar. Shawn walks off.
– We go back to Cole and Lawler. They show us what happened with Punk, Show and Cena at the end of their match. Matt Striker catches up with Show backstage for comment. We hear a car accident and it’s Shawn Michaels running into Paul Heyman’s car. Heyman is apologizing when Lesnar runs over and pulls Shawn out of his car. The camera goes out and all we have is sound. Lesnar is saying he has a message for Triple H while beating Shawn up. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look back at what just happened with Michaels, Heyman and Lesnar. We go back to the parking lot where Shawn’s car is. Nobody knows where Heyman, Lesnar and Shawn is. WWE talents are looking everything over as Triple H walks up. AJ tells him they’re gone and Triple H storms off. We go back to the announcers when Lesnar comes walking to the ring with Shawn on his shoulder. Lesnar puts Shawn in the ring as Heyman also enters.
Shawn stands up but Lesnar puts him back down with a F-5. Shawn rolls around in pain and tries to crawl up to Lesnar. Lesnar applies the Kimura Lock and here comes Triple H finally. Heyman tells Triple H to stop or Lesnar will break his arm. Triple H hesitates as Heyman keeps threatening him. Lesnar snaps HBK’s arm back anyway and Triple H hits the ring. Lesnar flees and Triple H chases him around before going back in to check on Shawn. Lesnar joins Heyman at the top of the ramp and laughs. Trainers and Triple H check on Shawn and he’s selling the arm injury. Triple H apologizes and Shawn says to get away from him. Lesnar teases that he’s coming to the ring and Triple H gets ready. RAW goes off the air with Lesnar smiling from the stage.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|6||Doink The Clown’s Mother Suing WWE For Wrongful Death, Fraud, And Negligence|
|3||What Main Events Is WWE Planning To Do At WrestleMania 32?|
|3||The WWE 2K16 Video Game Cover To Be Revealed During This Monday’s Episode Of RAW|
|3||Vince Russo Posts A New Blog About The Original Plans For Chris Jericho’s WWF Debut|
|2||The WWE Network To Be Free In The Month Of July To New Subscribers|