– Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show kicks off with fans filing into the arena. Josh Mathews is joined by Booker T, Alex Riley and former NFL star Shawne Merriman. It’s announced Daniel Bryan will kick off RAW. Also, Brock Lesnar is confirmed for tonight. We get a look back at Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H from WrestleMania XXX.
– We also get a look at the main event where Bryan defeated Randy Orton and Batista to win the title. We get more discussion about Daniel Bryan as Ryback faces Dolph Ziggler in the ring for a Superstars match. We see how Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker and The Streak. The panel talks about Taker and how shocking it was. We go to more promos.
– We see Kofi Kingston’s spot in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. The panel talks about Cesaro getting the win. Kofi is coming out for a Superstars match in the background, followed by Titus O’Neil. We get a look at John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt from WrestleMania. Cena, Big E and Sheamus vs. The Wyatt Family is announced for tonight. We go to more promos. We get a look back at Shawn Michaels’ last RAW in 2010. We get a look at some of the other post-WrestleMania RAW events and big moments that happen. We see Michael Cole making his way out. JBL is out next to a big pop. Same for Jerry Lawler. More talk from the panel and that’s it for the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at Daniel Bryan’s journey from a rookie on NXT to becoming the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. We’re live from New Orleans as fans are already doing the “yes” chant. Justin Roberts introduces the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion and out comes Daniel Bryan to a big pop. He’s wearing the World Heavyweight Title around his waist and holding up the WWE Title.
Bryan’s music stops and the fans chant his name in a huge way. Bryan just stands there and takes it all in. Bryan jokes that the fans never get tired and a big “no” chant starts. Bryan talks about how we’re all here thanks to one word. He credits the fans wanting change for why he’s champion. He goes on and is interrupted by Triple H’s music. Out he comes with Stephanie McMahon.
Triple H and Stephanie stand on the apron as fans chant “asshole.” Triple H says he’s not going to step in the ring because he doesn’t want to something to Bryan he will regret, at least not yet. Bryan walks over and chants “yes” with the titles in Triple H’s face. Triple H tells him to enjoy this moment because that’s all it is. Triple H says he’s going to personally make sure it doesn’t last through the night. Triple H announces that he’s getting a title shot tonight. Triple H says he’s putting an end to this crap tonight. Triple H says this is his show and there’s nothing we can do about it. He drops the mic and leaves. Bryan gets another chant going before his music hits and The Authority looks back from the stage.
– Still to come, Brock Lesnar will be here. We go to commercial.
– We come back and Stephanie is talking to Triple H about how he’s going to end the Yes Movement. Batista walks in and he’s upset about how everything has worked out. Randy Orton walks in and wants the rematch he has coming. Triple H says he has the power and they will both get rematches, just tonight. Triple H says he’s taking care of the problem tonight. Stephanie says they will settle it later but for now, Batista and Orton are facing The Usos for the Tag Team Titles tonight. Triple H reminds them that historically, when they’re on the same page, nobody can stop them.
The Wyatt Family vs. John Cena, Sheamus and Big E
We go to the ring and out comes The Wyatt Family to a pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Intercontinental Champion Big E is out first with Sheamus. John Cena is out next to a very mixed reaction. The three rush the ring and go at it with The Wyatts. It settles down a bit and Bray Wyatt goes at it with Cena. Fans chant Bray’s name. Cena fights back and fans boo. Sheamus tags in for some double teaming on Wyatt. Sheamus hits a battering ram and gets booed. Sheamus beats up Bray in the corner now and stomps away. Bray fights back and Erick Rowan tags in. Sheamus fights back and they trade shots. Sheamus takes Rowan down with a forearm shot. Sheamus mounts Rowan in the corner with right hands but gets slammed back. Fans pop big time for Rowan. Big E comes in to a mixed reaction for some double teaming. Rowan knocks him back with an elbow. Big E with a big backbreaker and another to Rowan. Big E keeps Rowan lifted and slams him a third time over his knee. 2 count for Big E.
Luke Harper comes in and goes at it with E. E with a shoulder and a 1 count. Cena tags in to boos. Cena slams Harper. Harper blocks an Attitude Adjustment and slams Cena on his face for a close 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Harper has Cena down. Cena powers out but Harper DDT’s him to a big pop. Harper with a 2 count. Rowan comes back in and slams Cena. Bray comes back in and stomps away in the corner. Fans cheer as Bray taunts Cena. Cena comes back with a big clothesline to boos. Bray comes back with a chokeslam and a close 2 count. The crowd is going nuts for The Wyatts. Bray yells at Cena and hits him with headbutts. Harper comes back in and keeps control of Cena. Cena with a backdrop out of nowhere. More boos for Cena. Sheamus and Rowan tag in at the same time. They go at it. Sheamus hits the rolling senton on Harper, on top of Rowan. Sheamus with a battering ram from the top for Rowan and Harper. Sheamus mocks Bray and swings but misses. Harper gets dumped to the floor. Rowan with a big clothesline on Sheamus. Big E comes in as does Bray. Big E takes control and hits the splash. Harper drops E with a boot to the jaw. Rowan knocks Cena out of the ring. Harper dives out to the floor and knocks Sheamus down. Bray turns upside down in the corner and walks as the fans cheer. Fans chant “Bray’s gonna kill you” as Bray hits Sister Abigail on Big E for the win.
Winners: The Wyatt Family
– After the match, Harper rolls Big E to the floor and The Wyatt Family poses in the middle of the ring.
– Still to come, Triple H vs. Bryan for the title. The announcers lead us to a look at WWE Slam City.
– Back from the break and we get a Bo Dallas vignette. It looks like he’s coming back to the main roster.
Fandango and Summer Rae vs. Emma and Santino Marella
We go to the ring and out comes Fandango and Summer Rae as the crowd does the Fandango. Emma and Santino Marella are out next power walking to the ring.
Fandango and Santino start out with some comedy but it sounds like it gets booed. Santino goes for the Cobra early but the Divas are tagged in. Emma applies the Dil-Emma submission on the rope. Emma with the crossbody low in the corner. Emma applies the Emma-lock and Santino knocks Fandango off the apron. Summer taps out to end it.
Winners: Emma and Santino Marella
– Still to come, Brock Lesnar. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman. Lesnar is sporting a black eye and gets some pyro on his way to the ring.
Heyman introduces himself and Lesnar. Heyman brings up The Streak being conquered and fans boo. Fans interrupt Heyman with a “bullshit” chant. Heyman says fans being in shock shows him their lack of intelligence. Heyman says, he told you so. Heyman goes on and talks about Vince McMahon riding to the hospital with The Undertaker. He says Taker is being treated for a severe concussion and almost had a broken neck and cracked skull. Heyman says the greatest thing Taker ever did was not getting his shoulder up after that F5 because if he would have, Lesnar would have broken his neck and would have cracked his skull. Heyman rags on JBL for leading a standing ovation for Taker after the match. Heyman calls Taker a loser. Heyman insults the fans next. Heyman says nobody gave Lesnar an ovation when he came to the back because nobody respects him. Lesnar says that’s fine because Lesnar respect nobody either. Heyman says everyone in the back are wannabes but Lesnar is the one. Heyman names guys like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, John Cena, Triple H, The Rock and others – all wannabes. Heyman continues hyping Lesnar up while Lesnar shows off the message on his shirt. Heyman says there are many wrestlers and many WWE Superstars but only one Brock Lesnar. He drops the mic and they leave.
– Still to come, The Usos vs. Orton and Batista. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette for NXT star Adam Rose.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Batista and Randy Orton vs. The Usos
Back from the break and out comes Batista. His partner Randy Orton is out next. WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos are out last. Quick tags by both teams early on. Batista and Orton cut Jimmy Uso down in their corner and double team him. Jey Uso comes in with a splash but Batista sends him into the ring post. There was a brief CM Punk chant. They toss the other Uso out of the ring and follow them both to the floor, keeping control. Orton tosses Uso into the steel steps. Orton drops the other Uso with a DDT on the floor. The referee counts them both out.
Double Count Out
– After the bell, Batista grabs the other Uso and powerbombs him on top of the steel steps. Batista and Orton enter the ring together and stand tall with their arms in the air.
– Still to come, Hulk Hogan will present the Andre the Giant trophy to Cesaro. Back to commercial.
Rob Van Dam vs. Damien Sandow
Back from the break and Justin Roberts welcomes Rob Van Dam back to WWE and out he comes. Damien Sandow waits in the ring. Fans pop big for RVD. The bell rings and Sandow gets sent to the floor. Sandow interrupts a RVD chant and takes him to the corner. Sandow with knees in the head and a leg sweep.
Sandow hits his elbow but RVD comes back and kicks Sandow out of the ring. Fans chant ECW as he works Sandow over on the floor. RVD puts Sandow on top of the barrier and leaps off the apron with a kick. A big “you still got it” chant breaks out. RVD brings it back in the ring. He ducks a shot and drops Sandow for Rolling Thunder. RVD hits the Five Star Frogsplash for the win.
Winner: Rob Van Dam
– Still to come, Bryan vs. Triple H. Back to commercial.
Rey Mysterio vs. Bad News Barrett
Back from the break and out comes Rey Mysterio. Bad News Barrett’s music hits next to a big pop and out he comes.
Fans chant Barrett’s name as he takes the mic. He’s got some bad news for us but before he can get it out, Rey decks him and the fans boo. Barrett fights back but gets sent flying out of the ring. Rey flies out of the ring and hits Barrett again but gets a mixed reaction. Rey brings it back in the ring but fans chant for Barrett. Barrett with a big knee to the gut and right hands. Back and forth for a few more minutes until Barrett gets the win with the Bullhammer to a big pop.
Winner: Bad News Barrett
– We get a vignette for Alexander Rusev and Lana. He will be debuting tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another Adam Rose vignette.
Alexander Rusev vs. Zack Ryder
We go to the ring and Justin Roberts introduces “The Ravishing Russian” Lana. She speaks in Russian and fans give her the “what” treatment. Lana introduces Alexander Rusev and out he comes. Zack Ryder waits as Rusev enters the ring and poses.
Rusev takes Ryder to the corner and beats him up. Ryder tries to fight back but Rusev floors him. Rusev puts Ryder on the top rope and hits him with big knees. Rusev with a big overhead slam. Lana yells at Rusev to “crush” him and he hits a big side slam. Rusev with the Accolade submission for the win.
Winner: Alexander Rusev
– Cole shows us a video package from the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame.
– Up next, The Ultimate Warrior. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes The Ultimate Warrior in a suit. Warrior slaps hands with fans on the way to the ring. Warrior grabs one of his trademark jackets from someone at ringside and puts it on before entering the ring. He shakes the ropes but it doesn’t feel the same. Warrior grabs the mic and tells his Warriors to speak to him. A Warrior chant breaks out in the crowd.
Warrior speaks but stops and pulls out a Warrior mask from his jacket. He has the cameraman hold the mic and he puts the mask on. How he’s more in character. Warrior talks about how the fans made him a Legend. Warrior says he sees many potential Legends in the back and the fans will do the same for them. Warrior says the spirit of The Ultimate Warrior will live forever. He takes the mic off and shakes the ropes some more as his music plays.
– Still to come, Triple H vs. Bryan. We see Divas Champion AJ Lee skipping backstage and Tamina Snuka is with her. We get a cool video package that says there’s no WWE without the fans.
– Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee comes out with Tamina Snuka. AJ brags about being champion for 295 days. AJ talks about tearing the Divas a new one in her promo. She gave them all a chance to prove her wrong but they couldn’t. AJ says she proved at WrestleMania that she’s the hero of this story. AJ says she’s gone from becoming a poor girl in New Jersey to the best Diva in the world. This gets a big CM Punk chant going. AJ says she’s the savior of the Divas division, she is the Divas division. The music hits and out comes WWE NXT Women’s Champion Paige to a big pop.
Paige hits the ring to a big pop and fans chant her name. AJ asks what the hell she is doing here. Paige says she came to do what nobody else would…. congratulate AJ and she does. AJ says she doesn’t need Paige’s congratulations and tells her to go running back to NXT. Fans boo AJ. Paige says she just wanted to say congratulations. AJ mocks her. AJ asks if she should beat Paige. Paige says she’s not ready. AJ slaps her to the mat and asks if she’s ready now. AJ says it’s time for a match and she’s putting her title on the line. AJ calls for a referee.
WWE Divas Title Match: Paige vs. AJ Lee
A referee comes and fans start a “this is awesome” chant. AJ charges and knocks Paige down as soon as the bell hits. AJ unloads on Paige and beats her down as fans boo. AJ with a clothesline. AJ skips around and shows off now.
Paige fights off the Black Widow but AJ tries to get it locked. Paige counters and hits the Paige Turner for the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE Divas Champion: Paige
– After the match, Paige flips out and flees the ring as Tamina tries to go after her. Paige takes the title up the ramp and celebrates as fans go crazy for her. We go to replays and come back to Paige holding the title up on the stage.
– Back from the break and we get another Bo Dallas vignette. The announcers talk about Paige winning the Divas Title.
– We go to the ring and the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal statue is there. Hulk Hogan’s music hits and out he comes. Hogan hypes WrestleMania XXX and gets the Superdome name right this time. Hogan says we made history last night but the moment he loved the most was the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Fans start chanting Cesaro’s name. Hogan says seeing Big Show get lifted and thrown over the top made his heart feel good because he knew the big man was looking down with a smile on his face. Hogan confirms the battle royal ended up having 31 men in it and calls out Cesaro. Zeb Colter comes out with him and fans hum the Real American theme.
Hogan congratulates Cesaro. Zeb takes the mic and wants to speak first. Some fans boo and Cesaro rolls his eyes. Zeb talks about bringing Cesaro into the fold as a Real American. Zeb says he also made Cesaro a Zeb Colter Guy. Cesaro apologizes but takes the mic and interrupts. Cesaro says he’s not a Zeb Colter Guy. He’s a Paul Heyman Guy. Out comes Paul Heyman to a big pop. Heyman says he’s not only the strategist behind the ending of The Streak, he’s the representative for the King of Swing Cesaro. Zeb asks if Cesaro is jumping ship and fans chant “yes.” Heyman calls Zeb grandpa. Heyman says his first order of business is to instruct the announcers to discuss the future of Cesaro. Heyman goes to the announcer table. Zeb argues with Cesaro. Jack Swagger attacks from behind and sends Cesaro out of the ring. Swagger tips over the statue and breaks it. He slams the rest out on the floor and shatters it. Cesaro gets pissed and comes in with uppercuts. He clotheslines Swagger out of the ring. We go to commercial with fans chanting for Cesaro.
Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger
Back from the break and Cesaro drops Swagger with a shoulder. Cesaro scoops Swagger for a big backbreaker and a 2 count. This match was made by Brad Maddox during the commercial. Cesaro with another slam for a 2 count. Cesaro keeps control as they fight outside of the ring. Cesaro brings it back in the ring but Swagger turns it around. Cesaro fights back and goes to the top. Swagger runs up and tosses Cesaro from the top for a 2 count. Swagger keeps control as Heyman and Zeb look on.
Cesaro makes a comeback but Swagger slams him for a 2 count. Cesaro hits a big superplex but lifts Swagger from the apron for a 2 count. Swagger with several running uppercuts in each corner. Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing but Swagger escapes the ring and goes up the ramp. The referee counts and fans chant “pussy” at Swagger. Zeb tells Swagger not to go back to the ring and he gets counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Cesaro
– After the match, Heyman comes in the ring and gives Cesaro a piece of what’s left of the statue. Fans hum Cesaro’s theme as he stands tall with Heyman.
– We come back and get some talk about The Streak. We get a replay of Daniel Bryan’s celebration that kicked off RAW but was interrupted by The Authority.
– Backstage segment with Kane, Stephanie McMahon and The Shield. The Shield bets we won’t be seeing The New Age Outlaws any more. Kane goes off and Stephanie screams at him to hush. Stephanie says they will all be on the same page tonight because what Triple H wants, he gets. Stephanie asks if she makes herself clear. Kane nods and walks off. Stephanie asks The Shield next. Roman Reigns says “crystal” and they walk off. Back to commercial.
WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan
We come back and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan comes out to a big pop. Randy Orton and Batista come out next and beat him down. Orton hits a RKO. Kane is out next and he hits Bryan with a chokeslam. Finally, Triple H and Stephanie make their way down. Fans start a “bullshit” chant.
The referee tries to explain that Bryan can’t compete but Stephanie and Triple H tell him to ring the bell. Triple H mocks the Bryan fans. The Shield’s music hits and out they come to a big pop. The Shield stares down Kane, Orton and Batista from the other side of the ring. A big “hounds of justice” chant starts. Triple H tells all six of them not now. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. The Shield enters the ring. Triple H gets in Reigns’ face and tells them to stand down. Kane, Batista and Orton enter now. Triple H tells them no as well. Triple H says this is not going to end in a war. Triple H turns around and Reigns spears him. The Shield brawls with Kane, Batista and Orton. Ambrose and Rollins leap out of the ring. Kane grabs Reigns but Reigns nails a Superman punch. Stephanie looks on shocked from the ramp. The Shield wait for Triple H to get up. Fans chant “yes” as Stephanie screams at her help to get up. Triple H looks around and sees The Shield has him surrounded. He gets to his feet but turns around to a flying knee from Bryan. Kane pulls Triple H out of the ring and the fans boo. The Shield and Bryan stare out at The Authority as Bryan’s music hits. Triple H yells that this is war as Bryan starts a “yes!” chant and RAW goes off the air.
– The RAW Backstage Pass post-show kicks off with Renee Young interviewing Daniel Bryan in the ring. He says everyone in the back works hard and the fans appreciate it. Bryan says everyone in the back is dedicated and the key for him is opportunity. Bryan says by himself, he wasn’t getting any. At the Royal Rumble, everything changed and it’s not because of what he did, it’s what the fans did. Bryan thanks the fans and talks about living his dream last night at WrestleMania. Bryan thanks the fans again, from the bottom of his heart, for helping him live his dream. Bryan gets another “yes!” chant going as we go to the panel.
– The panel has nothing but good things to say about Bryan as we see him slapping hands with fans on the way up the ramp. Mathews goes to more promos and hypes The Undertaker’s Streak before we come back. We get a look at Heyman and Lesnar’s appearance from earlier tonight. The panel then talks about this week’s Main Event, Cesaro, Paige, Alexander Rusev and Lana. That’s it for the post-show.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|5||Report: WWE Looking Into The Ric Flair Airport Incident|
|5||TNA Star Re-Signs With The Promotion|
|4||Vince Russo Comments On Why Roman Reigns Is Not Getting Over With Fans|
|4||WWE Files New Trademark, Slammy Awards Category Removed From The WWE Network, Enzo Amore|
|4||Chyna Collection Added To The WWE Network - Full List Of Matches Included|