- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up from Chicago with hometown hero CM Punk sitting Indian style in the ring with a spotlight on him. Punk doubts that the fans in WrestleMania will receive him warmly like they have in Chicago tonight. The crowd pops for Punk and he calls them his people. Punk says the members of Nexus were also his people but he watched Randy Orton take them out one by one. Punk says Orton lives in a fantasy world but he is a realist. Punk changes his tune and says whether you’re in Nexus or from Chicago, he doesn’t care what happens to you. The crowd boo’s a little bit. Punk says his only problem is Orton. A chant for Orton breaks out now.
Punk goes on and shows a replay of him attacking Orton last week in front of his wife. Punk says he will close this sick and twisted chapter at WrestleMania, the drops the mic. Orton’s music hits and out he comes limping. Orton’s right knee is heavily taped from last week’s attack. Orton limps to the ring and Punk attacks him as he enters. Orton eventually fights Punk off to the apron and brings him back in with the second-rope DDT. Orton hits the mat and taunts Punk. Orton goes for a punt kick on Punk but falls down as he’s running because of the bad knee. Punk slides out of the ring and the crowd starts chanting his name.
Punk comes back into the ring and stares Orton down. Orton limps around the ring as Punk corners him. Punk takes Orton’s leg out and he goes down. The crowd is still chanting for Punk as Orton rolls around in pain. Punk lifts Orton up and lays him out with the GTS. Punk’s music hits and he heads to the back.
- The announcers hype tonight’s showdowns between Triple H & The Undertaker and The Miz, The Rock & John Cena. We see Christian knock on Edge’s door backstage. Edge comes out and they say that Edge is allowed to put his hands on Alberto Del Rio if it’s on RAW. Edge and Christiam will be teaming up next as we go to commercial.
Edge and Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio and Brodus Clay
Back from commercial and out first comes the World Heavyweight Champion Edge, followed by his partner Christian for their first time teaming together on RAW in years. Ricardo Rodriguez is introduced next and he begins Alberto Del Rio’s ring introduction as Del Rio pulls into the arena in a new Bentley. His partner Brodus Clay is already getting pumped up at ringside.
Brodus and Edge start the match off. Edge ducks a clothesline and goes to work on Edge. They go to the corner and Christian is tagged in. Christian comes in off the top, chops Clay and tags Edge right back in. They double team Clay, throwing each other into him in the corner with splashes. Edge and Christian dump Clay over the top and to the floor. Christian flies over the top but Clay catches him. Edge kicks Clay and Christian falls onto him as we get ready for a commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio has Christian down on the mat. Del Rio threw Christian’s shoulder into the ring post during the break. Christian fights to his feet now but Del Rio superkicks him to the mat and gets a 2 count. Clay comes in and drops elbows on Christian for another 2 count. Clay stands on Christian’s gut and puts his weight down. Clay scoops Christian up and slams him while tagging in Del Rio. Del Rio comes out of the corner with an elbow drop for another 2 count. Del Rio taunts Christian in the corner now and runs into a big boot. Christian with a tornado DDT out of the corner.
Edge and Clay are tagged in at the same time. Edge leaps but Clay catches him. Edge slides out of it and drops Clay on his head. Edge readies for a spear but Del Rio pulls his leg out. Christian runs over and attacks Del Rio. Del Rio throws him hard into the fan barrier. Clay comes in and misses a splash on Edge. Edge spears Clay for the pin and the win.
Winners: Edge and Christian
- After the match, Del Rio applies the armbar finisher on Christian at ringside. Edge finally sees it and chases Del Rio off to the back. Edge comes back down the ramp to check on Christian. Del Rio runs back down and attacks Edge from behind. Del Rio applies the armbar finisher on Edge as Edge struggles and taps out. Del Rio finally breaks the hold and taunts Edge.
- We get hype for Snooki, Trish Stratus and John Morrison vs. Layla, Michelle McCool and Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania 27. They take us to a bar in New Jersey and we see Trish having a drink with Snooki. Josh Matthews says we will have a live interview with Snooki and Trish tonight. This is what was taped a few days ago. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get another Sin Cara promo video.
- We see members of the Illinois National Guard in the audience.
- We see WWE Champion The Miz and Alex Riley backstage. Miz has the WWE logo in the background turned upside down. We get a ringside shot and Michael Cole has his security protecting his cubicle. The e-mail alert goes off and Jerry Lawler goes to announce the General Manager’s e-mail. Cole tells him not to bother. Cole has an iPad inside his cube. It’s announced that after last week’s attack on Jerry Lawler, the GM needs to see if he’s ready for WrestleMania so tonight, Lawler must take on Jack Swagger. Lawler isn’t bothered by the news and is ready for Swagger.
- Matthews hypes up Triple H and The Undertaker as we go to a promo video for their No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 27.
Justin Gabriel vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and we see The Corre waiting in the ring. Justin Gabriel will be in action. Kane and Big Show’s music hits next and out they come to the ring. Out next comes Santino Marella with Tamina and Vladimir Kozlov. Santino locks up with Gabriel to start their match and go at it. Gabriel with an early 2 count after some distraction from Heath Slater and a spin kick. Gabriel works on Santino’s arm now. Santino tosses him out of it and drops Gabriel with rights and lefts. Santino with a hip toss now and a diving headbutt. Kane attacks Slater at ringside and backs The Corre off. Kozlov trips Gabriel in the ring and he goes down. Big Show also fights with The Corre. Santino calls for the Cobra and hits Gabriel with it for the pin and the win.
Winner: Santino Marella
- After the match, Show and Kane goof off with Kozlov and Santino in the ring as we go to a WWE All Stars promo.
- We see Triple H walking in a hurry to the ring as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and out comes The Undertaker to Johnny Cash’s “Ain’t No Grave.” Triple H’s music hits and cuts Taker’s off as Triple H makes his way out to the ring to a nice reaction as well. As Triple H is posing on the apron, Taker’s bells cut his music off and the lights go out. The bell tolls again and the music comes on. Triple H has entered the ring and comes face to face with Taker.
There is a long staredown between the two. Shawn Michaels’ music hits and out comes the Hall of Famer to a major reaction. Shawn struts his way down to the ring as the fans go crazy.
Shawn makes his grand entrance and poses as Taker and Triple H look on. Shawn says he is sorry for interrupting but there was no way he was going to miss this. Shawn says at WrestleMania 27, the biggest match of Taker and Triple H’s careers will take place. Shawn takes about Taker first and puts him over, then talks about the Streak. Shawn talks about Triple H next. Shawn says neither of them will be the same again after Sunday’s No Holds Barred match. Shawn asks Triple H what makes him think he can do what Shawn couldn’t.
Triple H says that Shawn got soft and that’s the truth. He says Shawn was more concerned with being the Showstopper. Triple H says he’s not Shawn, not even close, he has to win and will win. Triple H talks to Taker about first coming into WWE and watching how great “that guy” was. Triple H says he represented everything WWE was and should be, and he patterned himself after that guy. Triple H says that guy was Undertaker. He says he learned to respect Taker more and more everyday. He says there’s only one other person he respects as much as Taker and that’s Shawn. Triple H says he came back for one reason – to stand here out of respect and look Taker dead in his eyes, and tell him it’s time.
Triple H says Taker will always be the Phenom but after Sunday, he won’t be undefeated at WrestleMania. Triple H says he is the one, as in 18 and 1. Triple H tells Taker that he and his streak will rest in peace at WrestleMania 27. Taker grabs the mic. He says if he ever got to the point where he felt someone should put him down, he would want that person to be Triple H. Taker says that’s the respect he has for Triple H but it’s not that time yet. Taker says in the end, the streak will still be alive and so will he. Taker says if he doesn’t want to take his word for it, ask Shawn. Taker says Shawn walks around everyday as the man who gave him the two best WrestleMania matches of his career and he came so close but didn’t get it done. Taker says when he looks in Shawn’s eyes now, he doesn’t see the same confidence and arrogance. He sees a man that he humbled. Shawn doesn’t like the sound of this. Taker says he sees a man who will soon go into the Hall of Fame, full of regret. A man who’s career he ended.
Taker shoves the mic back at Shawn. Shawn goes for Sweet Chin Music but Taker catches his leg and pulls him in. Triple H steps in and breaks it up, coming face to face with Taker. Triple H tells Shawn to tell Taker why he will end the streak on Sunday. Shawn isn’t saying anything, he’s just staring down at the mat before exiting the ring, leaving Triple H hanging. Shawn just shakes his head and looks at Triple H before walking off. Triple H turns around and Taker laughs at him before exiting the ring. Ain’t No Grave plays as Taker exits the ring. He stops and stares up at Triple H one last time before walking off. Taker stops at the top of the ramp and looks back down at the ring before heading to the back and we go to commercial.
Jack Swagger vs. Jerry Lawler
Back from commercial and Michael Cole is running around the ring with his trainer Jack Swagger. Out comes Swagger’s opponent, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler. Cole taunts Lawler from ringside as we get ready for the bell. Cole gets on the apron now and distracts Lawler, allowing Swagger to strike first. Swagger beats Lawler down and steps on him before hitting the big splash out of the corner.
Swagger takes the fight to the floor as Cole tells him to take Lawler out. Lawler fights back with a right hand and grabs a steel chair. Lawler beats Swagger around ringside with the chair.
Winner by DQ: Jack Swagger
- After the bell, Lawler looks over to the other side of the ring and eyes Cole. Lawler chases Cole with the chair but Cole locks himself inside his cube. Lawler attacks the cube with a chair and climbs over the top of it. Security holds Lawler back as he reaches for Cole from the top of the cube. Cole throws his drink into Lawler’s face. Lawler backs off and Cole yells that he’s a loser. Cole says he’s going to embarrass Lawler at WrestleMania.
- We get more hype for The Rock, The Miz and John Cena before going back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Vickie Guerrero to the ramp. She slips on a pair of sunglasses and John Morrison’s music starts playing. Vickie mocks Morrison’s slow motion entrance. Vickie is taunting Morrison after she pinned him on last week’s RAW. Vickie heads to the ring and asks everyone to excuse her. She hopes Snooki is watching because what she did to Morrison is what LayCool will do to her at WrestleMania 27. Vickie says Snooki will find herself in a very familiar place – passed out and unconscious.
Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus vs. John Morrison and Daniel Bryan
Out comes Dolph Ziggler to join Vickie. Out next comes the WWE United States Champion Sheamus. Daniel Bryan makes his way down next followed by his partner John Morrison. Morrison and Sheamus start things out. Sheamus strikes first, knocking Morrison to the mat. Sheamus takes it to the corner and continues the offense. Sheamus runs into a big boot. Morrison knocks Ziggler off the apron and goes for a springboard kick but Sheamus catches him with the Irish Curse for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus is going at it on Morrison. Sheamus puts a knee in his back as Dolph taunts him. Dolph and Bryan come in at the same time and go at it. Bryan locks on the LaBell Lock but Sheamus breaks the hold with a kick to the head. Sheamus is tagged in and runs over Bryan with a clothesline for a 2 count as Morrison breaks it up. All four men get involved. It comes down to Sheamus and Bryan. Bryan goes for the LaBell Lock but Sheamus fights it off. Bryan misses a dropkick in the corner. Sheamus picks him up and hits his finisher for the win.
Winners: Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler
- Scott Stanford is backstage with Randy Orton, who is icing his knee. Stanford asks Orton if he can make it to WrestleMania now. Orton says he has serious anger issues and has ended career of men he barely knew, simply because he could. Orton has never despised a human being more than he does CM Punk. Orton says the question should be will CM Punk make it out of WrestleMania. We go to commercial.
- We get a promo video for The Road Warriors going into the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame class.
- We go to a bar in New Jersey where Trish Stratus and Snooki are having drinks. Snooki does seem a bit loopy. A guy keeps trying to hit on them and ends up getting pushed away by Snooki. We go back to the arena where Matthews hypes the match. He cuts back to the bar where Layla and Michelle McCool sneak up on Trish and Snooki. They start brawling all over the bar with everyone looking on before being separated.
- The Rock, The Miz and John Cena is up next as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and we see The Rock pacing around backstage. His music hits and out he comes to a massive reaction.
The Rock finally gets a chance to speak and talks about how special Chicago is to him. The Rock talks about how all of his fans are on Team Bring It and goes on. The fans start chanting Rocky. He says when you’re on Team Bring It, you go after your dreams. Rock says recently, he has had a dream that he came to the ring and called out John Cena. A “Cena sucks” chant starts. The Rock recalls his dream and calls Cena a homeless Power Ranger. In his dream, The Rock puts his foot to Cena’s ass. The Rock says then he woke up, the dream was over and this is reality. The Rock is here tonight and he’s not alone because he’s with the millions and millions of The Rock’s fans. The People’s Champ is here, he says. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes to some boo’s.
Cena says finally, The Rock is back in a WWE ring. Cena says he has wanted this all along, he has wanted The Rock back in WWE for moments like this. The crowd pops for The Rock. Cena says The Rock has a power with the fans and says if you don’t believe him, listen to this… the crowd chants for The Rock again. Cena says to feel the excitement brought like only one man can do – The Rock. Cena says he’s glad The Rock came back. Cena says when Rock came back, he was smoking. Cena says he wanted to listen what Rock had to say. Cena says everything he said about Rock had meaning and merit. A “Cena sucks” chant interrupts Cena.
Cena says he wanted to know what kind of problem The Rock had with him. Cena says there were lots of them – his colors were wrong, he didn’t like the way Cena talked and others. Cena says Rock had a problem with his morale code and the fact that his audience is kids. Cena says his audience is kids and he’s proud of it. Cena says he’s damn proud of what he is and has become. Cena says if Rock has a bone to pick over the way he is, then they have to talk. If not, Cena asks The Rock who the hell he is to judge him. Who is The Rock to tell Cena how to live his life. Cena says if that’s what it takes to be on Team Bring It, Rock can keep the application. Cena says he won’t be judged by The Rock.
Rock says he won’t judge Cena, there’s only one man who judges people and that’s the good Lord. The Rock says but the Lord won’t stop him from whooping Cena’s candy ass all over Chicago. Cena says he has said everything he needed to say to Rock’s face, like a man. Cena says if Rock wants to fight, he’s here. Cena throws down the mic as The Miz’s music hits. Out comes the WWE Champion with Alex Riley as Cena and Rock stare each other down. They finally turn their attention to The Miz as he heads down to the ring.
Riley and Miz enter the ring to boo’s. Miz asks “really?” a few times. Is this how it’s going to be? He calls Cena and Rock over-hyped and over-rated. Miz says he has owned Cena this past month. Miz says Cena is going to lose at WrestleMania but at least he will go down swinging. Miz says Cena will come for a fight, unlike The Great One. Miz says he knows something that nobody else knows, a secret about The Rock. Miz says Rock won’t do a thing tonight, nothing. Miz says he has done his researched and Rock’s movies have grossed lots of money. Miz says one of the biggest movie stars in the world wouldn’t risk getting beat up and embarrassed by him. Miz says it’s a guaran-damn-tee that if Rock even looks at him funny, he will beat him so bad he won’t even be able to step foot into Hollywood.
Miz tells Rock to go ahead and run his mouth like only Rock can. Miz says he won’t do anything because he’s The Miz and is awesome. The crowd chants for The Rock. Rock says that Miz should know by now that it doesn’t matter what he thinks. Rock gets in Miz’s face. Riley decks The Rock and The Miz joins in. They beat The Rock down in the corner. He fights back and takes them on. Rock knocks Riley out of the ring and turns his attention to The Miz, hitting the big DDT. The Rock hits The People’s Elbow on The Miz as Cena looks on from ringside. Rock then tosses Miz out of the ring. Rock turns around to John Cena. Cena lays Rock out with the Attitude Adjustment. Cena stands over Rock and does the “you can’t see me” gesture. The crowd boo’s. Cena’s music hits and he heads to the back as The Rock recovers in the ring. Cena stops on the stage and points at the WrestleMania sign. He does the gesture to the camera again and poses as The rock looks on from the mat. RAW goes off the air.
|Vince Russo Reveals Biggest Regrets In Wrestling; Putting McMahon Before His Family, Not Standing Up To Bischoff|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|33||WWE Battleground Report - July 20, 2014|
|23||Watch: CM Punk Says He'll "Never, Ever, Ever" Wrestle for WWE Again|
|18||WWE RAW Report - The Beast Returns|
|17||Why John Cena Is Missing Monday's Big RAW, Speculation on a New WWE Champion, Lesnar|
|17||WWE References MH17 Tragedy to get Cheap Heat During WWE Battleground|