– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a tribute video for William “Paul Bearer” Moody.
– We go to the arena and the live crowd cheers for Bearer. The Undertaker’s music starts up and his entrance begins. Taker comes out to the stage and makes his way to the ring.
Taker approaches the ring where the urn is sitting in the middle. Taker drops to one knee in front of the urn and pays tribute to Bearer as a graphic shows on the big screen. CM Punk’s music hits and out he comes, pissing Taker and Jerry Lawler off. Lawler calls it the most disrespecting thing he’s ever seen.
The crowd boos Punk and he tells them to simmer down, speaking from the stage. Punk says they misunderstand why he’s out here. Punk says he’s out here to extend his heartfelt condolences and apologies for Taker’s loss…. at WrestleMania. Punk smirks and the crowd boos. Punk says to Paul Bearer, Taker will always be perfect and 20-0. To everyone else, Taker will be 20-1 in a few weeks. The crowd boos Punk some more. Punk says there won’t be any heartfelt tributes to Bearer the night after WrestleMania. There will be a video about him. There’s a mixed reaction from the crowd as Punk holds his arms out and Taker stares him down from the ring.
– Cole hypes Big Show vs. Seth Rollins up next. We see Show backstage talking to a crew member before we go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we see during the commercial, Kane’s music hit and he came out to the stage. Kane went to chokeslam Punk off the stage but Punk escaped and ran off.
– The cameras are backstage now as Kane is destroying everything looking for Punk. Kane tosses Alex Riley across the locker room and goes off looking for Punk.
Big Show vs. Seth Rollins
We go to the ring and out comes Big Show first. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins come through the crowd together as Roman Reigns comes through also. Rollins will face off against Show in singles action here.
Show strikes first and takes Rollins to the corners. Show misses a splash and Rollins goes to work but Show just shoves him off. Rollins comes back but keeps getting pushed away. Rollins charges but Show sends him flying out to the floor into Ambrose. Show goes out and sends Reignsinto the barrier. Rollins and Ambrose attack from behind and beat Show down, causing the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Big Show
– After the match, they try to triple team Show on the floor but he fights them off. Show ends up in the ring with Ambrose. Ambrose stomps away on Show but he gets up and drops Ambrose on his face. Show goes to chokeslam Rollins but Reigns spears him. The Shield triple team Big Show and manage to hit the triple powerbomb on him. They stand tall over a fallen Big Show.
– CM Punk interrupts Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero backstage. Punk is upset about Kane trying to attack him. Vickie says Punk disrespected the memory of Paul Bearer and may God have mercy on his soul at WrestleMania. Vickie announces Kane vs. Punk in a No DQ match for tonight. Punk storms off upset.
Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Paul Bearer’s WWE debut back in 1991. It appears WWE will be looking back at Bearer’s career tonight. Cole asks fans to Tout with the hashtag #PaulBearer. Dolph Ziggler is out with Big E Langston and AJ Lee now. Bryan and Ziggler lock up, going back and forth to start the match.
Ziggler makes a comeback and dropkicks Bryan for a 2 count. Bryan turns it around and gets a close 2 count right in front of AJ. Bryan works on Ziggler’s arm now. Ziggler kicks Bryan in the face but gets dumped over the top and out to the floor. Big E gets on the apron and distracts Bryan and the referee, stopping Bryan from leaping out onto Ziggler. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is doing a headstand chinlock on Bryan. Bryan blocks a dropkick and catapults Ziggler into the turnbuckle. Bryan with kicks now. Bryan with a counter and a big clothesline. Bryan runs into a big boot. Bryan blocks the sleeper hold and rolls Ziggler up for a close 2 count. Bryan with kicks to the chest now. Bryan with another pin attempt. Bryan goes up top but Ziggler cuts him off. Ziggler climbs up for a superplex but Bryan stops him. Bryan goes for a German from the top but Ziggler counters in mid-air and turns it into a crossbody for a close 2 count. Ziggler hits Zig Zag but Bryan kicks out. Bryan goes for the No Lock and AJ jumps on the apron to distract the referee. Langston puts Ziggler’s leg on the bottom rope to break the hold. Bryan goes after Big E but Ziggler rolls him up for 2. Bryan applies the No Lock but it’s broken. Ziggler hits another Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, AJ and Ziggler make out in the ring. AJ looks at Big E and Big E drops Bryan with his finisher.
– We get a look back at last week’s RAW where Triple H challenged Brock Lesnar plus highlights from their feud.
– Still to come tonight, Lesnar and Heyman will address Triple H’s challenge. Back to commercial.
Tensai vs. Fandango
Back from the break and out comes Cameron, Naomi, Tensai and Brodus Clay. Justin Roberts announces Fandango as Tensai’s opponent but he doesn’t appear. Tensai takes the mic and tells Fandango to get out here now. Fandango’s music hits and out first comes his dancer. Fandango joins her and takes a mic. He says Tensai mispronounced his name and on top of that, Tensai is a disgrace to the world of dance. Fandango says Tensai and Clay are an abomination. Fandango says he will come to the ring when they get his name right. Fandango wants Naomi to say his name. Fandango says Naomi is the only one with real talent and rhythm. He says she’s better than all this. Tensai interrupts but Fandango cuts him off. Fandango says Tensai just cost everyone a chance to see him wrestle a match. Fandango and his dancer dance to the back to end the segment.
– Cole leads us to a trailer for GI Joe 2 with The Rock.
– After commercial is The New Age Outlaws vs. Rhodes Scholars. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage of Paul Bearer’s return at WrestleMania 20 in 2004.
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. The New Age Outlaws
We go to the ring and Cody Rhodes is in with Damien Sandow. They mock the Outlaws’ entrance. The music hits next and out comes “Road Dogg” BG James and Billy Gunn. The NAO do the correct version of their introduction and the crowd pops big time. “Lord have mercy, this is for you Percy!” is how BG starts off.
BG starts off with Cody. They lock up and BG works on the arm. Cody drops him with a knee and goes to work. BG ducks a right hand and fires back with his usual rights. BG with a crotch chop and big right hand. Sandow comes in but gets a right hand. BG turns around to a Disaster Kick from Cody. Brock Lesnar’s music hits and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Gunn meets Lesnar with a fight but Lesnar beats him away and drops him with a F5. Lesnar grabs Road Dogg and hits a F5 on him also. Heyman takes the mic and says Lesnar doesn’t play games, Lesnar hurts people. Heyman brings up Lesnar breaking Shawn Michaels’ arm and Vince McMahon’s hip. Heyman says now, the last traces of DX have been laid to waste by Lesnar. Heyman says yes, Brock Lesnar will fight Triple H at WrestleMania 29. Heyman says there’s a “but” attached to this. Lesnar will face Triple H only if they get to name the stipulations. They won’t reveal those stipulations until after Triple H signs a contract. Heyman goes on before leaving with Lesnar. Officials come in and check on The NAO.
– Still to come, Punk vs. Kane in a No DQ match. Back to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. Kofi Kingston
Back from the break and Kofi Kingston waits in the ring as Mark Henry makes his way out.
Henry takes Kofi to the corner and begins the assault. Henry with a big splash to the back and then a bearhug. Kofi tries to fight out but Henry rams him back into the corner. Kofi slides out of a slam but Henry gets his leg up for a big kick to the face, sending Kofi out to the floor. Henry follows but Kofi sends him into the steps and then leaps off the steps. They bring it back in. Kofi leaps high from the top but Henry catches him in mid-air and nails a World’s Strongest Slam for the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– Cody Rhodes runs into Kaitlyn backstage. He’s glad he saw her. Damien Sandow walks in and takes Kaitlyn’s water. Sandow has found them some girls – The Bella Twins. Nikki and Brie say the Divas division has never needed them more and now they have the boys. Vickie Guerrero walks up and makes Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Sandow and Rhodes.
Ryback vs. Heath Slater
We go to the ring and out comes Ryback. Back from the break and his opponent is Heath Slater.
Slater makes an attempt but Ryback squashes him and gets the win with Shellshocked as Mark Henry watches from the stage.
– After the match, Drew McIntyre attacks Ryback but gets Shellshocked. Henry marches to the ring and enters. Drew gets up AND Henry nails a World’s Strongest Slam on him. Ryback grabs Drew and nails another Shellshocked to try and show Henry up. Henry with another big slam on McIntyre. Ryback and Henry have a staredown now. Ryback gets the fans to chant “feed me more” to end the segment.
– Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio are shown backstage as we go to commercial.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio
WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro is in the ring waiting on his opponent. Ricardo Rodriguez is out to begin the introduction for World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio and here he comes.
They lock up and Cesaro takes it to the corner. Del Rio comes back and hits a hurricanrana from the corner. Del Rio ends up on the top and comes down with a crossbody for a 2 count. Del Rio falls and hits his head on the corner as Cesaro takes control. Cesaro stomps away now. Del Rio fights out of a hold but Cesaro takes him to the corner and hits a big running uppercut for a 2 count. More offense by Cesaro.
Del Rio makes a comeback with clotheslines and a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio with a big superkick to the jaw for another 2 count. Del Rio with shots to the kidneys and a backstabber for 2. Del Rio goes back to the top but Cesaro uppercuts him in mid-air for a close 2 count. Cesaro runs over Del Rio again and goes for a German but Del Rio counters it with a cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– Josh Mathews is backstage with Kane. Mathews says this must be a trying time for Kane. Kane holds Paul Bearer’s urn and looks like he’s getting emotional. Kane walks off with the urn and doesn’t say anything.
– Up next, a special preview for The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 29. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage from 1997 when Paul Bearer introduced Kane to The Undertaker and WWE.
– Cole leads us to a video preview for John Cena vs. The Rock II at WrestleMania 29.
Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see footage from Brock Lesnar coming out and interrupting the tag match earlier. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes are out now. Out next comes Sheamus to join Orton.
Orton starts things out with Sandow. Sandow with a headlock. They run the ropes and Orton drops Sandow with a back elbow. Orton with an uppercut and a suplex for a 1 count. Sheamus tags in and hits a battering ram on Sandow for a 2 count. Sandow fights Sheamus off and tags in Cody. Sheamus turns it around and slams Cody for a 2 count. Sandow ends up pulling the ropes down and Sheamus hits the floor. Cody distracts the referee while Sandow clotheslines Sheamus on the floor. Cody brings it back in the ring for a 1 count. Sandow comes back in and continues to keep Sheamus grounded. Sandow with another pin attempt. Cody comes back in and hits a knee to the face for a 2 count. Sheamus fights up from the mat and clotheslines Cody. Orton tags in and clotheslines Cody. Orton hits the big powerslam and hits a t-bone suplex for 2. Orton takes Rhodes to the apron but Sandow pulls Cody to safety. Orton comes down and drops Sandow. Cody rams Orton’s head into the ring post. Cody works Orton over on the floor and brings him back in for a tag to Sandow. Sandow drops knees and legs on Orton for another pin attempt. Sandow with a leg sweep and the Elbow of Disdain for a 2 count.
Cody comes back in and keeps the assault going on Orton. Cody goes to the top rope but Orton knocks him down. Orton climbs up and hits a superplex. Sheamus tags in and runs over Sandow. Sheamus with a big thrust in the corner and a high knee. Sheamus with a series of forearm shots on the apron. Sheamus hits more offense and then White Noise. Sheamus readies for a Brogue Kick but Cody interrupts. Orton drops Cody with a RKO. Sheamus hits the Brogue on Sandow for the win.
Winners: Sheamus and Randy Orton
– Up next will be Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel segment. Also still to come, Punk vs. Kane. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see footage from the WWE App. During commercial, The Shield attacked Orton and Sheamus, beating them down bad on the stage.
– We see some Tout videos of fans talking about Paul Bearer.
– Chris Jericho comes to the ring where everything is set up for another episode of The Highlight Reel. Jericho shows us a clip of The Miz in The Marine 3. Jericho brings out his guest – The Miz.
Jericho gives Miz props for first-day sales of The Marine 3 but out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett. Barrett says Miz isn’t a real actor like him. Barrett brags about how Dead Man Down did on opening weekend and shows us a clip from that movie. Miz does a decent impression of Barrett. Barrett says he turned down several movie scripts this past week because he’s too busy being Wade Barrett, the WWE Intercontinental Champion. Miz points out Barrett hasn’t won a match in weeks. Miz says it’s a matter of time before Barrett loses his title. Jericho chimes in and Barrett tells him to shut up. Jericho and Barrett have a staredown. Jericho says he helped bring Barrett into WWE and helped him win the first NXT. Jericho gives Barrett props but points out he’s a 9-time Intercontinental Champion. Jericho wonders if he should make it 10. Brad Maddox comes out and tells them to stop. He doesn’t want them acting like that on his show. Maddox says next week, Barrett will defend against the winner of tonight’s Jericho vs. Miz match. Rough promo by Maddox. We go back to commercial.
#1 Contenders Match: The Miz vs Chris Jericho
Back from the break and the match is already in progress. Barrett has joined Cole and Lawler on commentary. Back and forth match. Jericho comes off the top with a big right hand but Miz counters with a 2 count. Jericho with chops now. Miz hits a backbreaker but Jericho counters with a kick to the gut and a bulldog. Miz blocks the Lionsault. Jericho blocks a clothesline and goes for the Walls of Jericho. Miz breaks it and takes out Jericho’s knees. Miz goes for the Figure Four but Jericho counters. Another Walls attempt. Miz with a roll-up for 2. Jericho goes for the Walls again and gets it locked. Miz makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Miz rolls to the floor to regroup but Jericho follows. Jericho accidentally tosses Miz into Barrett. Jericho brings Miz back over to the ring but Barrett attacks for the DQ. Barrett brings Jericho in the ring but Miz hits a big punch. Jericho kicks Barrett back into the announcers table. Miz and Jericho bring Barrett in the ring. Miz nails Skull Crushing Finale and Jericho hits a Codebreaker. Jericho’s music hits as the challengers taunt Barrett.
– We see the videos of Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio mocking Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter.
– We see Swagger and Zeb walking backstage, looking pissed off. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and they show a WrestleMania comedy vignette from 1996 with Paul Bearer.
Jack Swagger vs. Sin Cara
Sin Cara waits in the ring as Jack Swagger makes his way out with Zeb Colter.
Zeb cuts the music and says he’s in a bad mood tonight. He’s looking at one of the problems in America and that’s Sin Cara. Zeb rips Cara and calls him a thief. Zeb says every night somewhere, there’s a Sin Cara with his little band of amigos sneaking across the border trying to take something that belongs to an American. Zeb rips Alberto Del Rio before passing the mic to Swagger. Swagger says he will usher in change on April 7th. Swagger hits the ring and they go at it. Swagger ends up on the floor and Cara kicks him back into the announcers table. Cara leaps from the top rope and takes out Swagger on the floor. They come back in the ring and go at it. Swagger blocks a hurricanrana but Cara rolls him up. Cara with a big kick to the head. Cara springboards in but Swagger catches him with a big boot in mid-air. Swagger works on Cara’s leg now. Swagger locks in the Patriot Lock for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Swagger refuses to break the hold until Alberto Del Rio makes the save. Swagger gets the upperhand but Del Rio locks in the cross armbreaker. Zeb drags Swagger out of the ring to safety and they retreat.
– We see a Halle Berry interview for The Call that turns into a comedy segment. She gets interrupted on her cell phone by David Otunga. Apparently Otunga let Kane have her private number. Kane calls and it’s revealed he’s a crazed Halle Berry fan.
– Still to come, Punk vs. Kane. Back to commercial.
No DQ Match: Kane vs. CM Punk
We come back and CM punk is out first. Kane comes out next with the urn but Punk interrupts his entrance and starts beating him down at ringside. Kane eventually comes back with knees and tosses Punk into the fan barrier. Kane continues throwing Punk around ringside and drops him over the top of the barrier.
Kane tosses Punk into the timekeeper’s area. Punk comes back and hits him in the gut with the bell. Punk leaps off the top of the barrier and takes out Kane on the floor. Punk stares at the urn and turns around to a TV monitor to the gut. Kane hits Punk in the back with a piece of the announce table. Kane with a big right hand and an elbow to the head on the apron now. Kane brings it back in the ring and takes Punk up for a superplex. Punk fights him off and sends him to the mat. Punk hits a big elbow from up high and covers for a 2 count.
Punk keeps control and hits the high knee in the corner. Punk with another high knee. Kane blocks the bulldog and throws Punk over the top and out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk has a steel chair wedged in the corner. Punk works over Kane and whips him but Kane reverses it and Punk goes back first into the wedged chair. Kane with a clothesline and a big right hand in the corner. Kane with a splash in the corner and a sidewalk slam. Kane clotheslines Punk out to the floor. Kane whips Punk into the barrier and starts tossing steel chairs into the ring. Kane rolls Punk back in and positions a chair. Kane grabs Punk for a chokeslam on the chair but Punk counters and DDT’s Kane into the chair. 2 count for Punk.
Punk takes back control and whacks Kane with the chair. Punk cuts his own throat, mocking Undertaker. Punk blocks another chokeslam attempt with a big roundhouse kick. Punk calls for GTS but when Kane gets up, The Undertaker’s bell sounds. Punk gets scared and turns around to a chokeslam from Kane for the win.
– After the win, The Undertaker’s music starts playing and the lights go down. Taker comes out to the stage and drops to one knee as the lightning goes off and the Bearer graphic flashes on the screen again. Kane also drops to one knee in the ring and faces Taker. Punk grabs the urn and attacks Kane from behind with it. Punk beats Kane with the urn as Taker makes his way to the ring, in no hurry. Punk rolls out of the ring as Taker comes in to check on Kane. Punk retreats up the ramp with the urn in hand. Punk drops to one knee and mocks The Undertaker. Taker is pissed and responds by cutting his own throat at Punk. RAW goes off the air with Punk and Taker staring at each other.