– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a video looking at John Cena’s Three Stages of Hell announcement from last week. The video shifts focus to Triple H being out of action after the matches against Brock Lesnar and Curtis Axel.
– Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW and hypes Triple H’s return tonight. He will face Curtis Axel.
– We go to the ring and out first comes Stephanie McMahon to the ring.
Stephanie says it feels great to be back on RAW. Unfortunately, she wishes it were under better circumstances. She talks about Triple H’s match with Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules and then the RAW match against Curtis Axel. She says Triple H has been cleared to wrestle tonight but she’s made an executive decision and won’t be allowing him to compete. She says she made this decision as an executive, a wife and a mother. Stephanie says Triple H has given his life and body up for the fans and this decision is not about them. She asks the fans to try and not be so selfish. The music hits and out comes Vince McMahon to a huge pop.
Vince says he’s happy to see the fans tonight. He asks that the fans don’t boo Stephanie and they do anyway. Vince goes on and the fans chant for Triple H. Vince says he and Stephanie care more about Triple H than the fans do. Vince says Triple H will not compete tonight. Vince asks the fans what they want and the fans chant Triple H. Vince says WWE is family entertainment, not a blood sport. More boos. Vince brings up the fans wanting more carnage and gets them to chant “one more time.” Vince says there won’t be one more time for Triple H, not tonight, not any night. Vince says Curtis Axel is beneath Triple H. Vince continues a slight heel turn and says the fans tonight are beneath Triple H too. The Shield’s music hits and out they come.
The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Kane and Daniel Bryan
We come back from a commercial break at 8:10 and WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are in the ring with United States Champion Dean Ambrose. Out first for the other team comes Randy Orton. Kane and Daniel Bryan are out next.
Bryan and Ambrose start the match off. Bryan takes control and hits a big knee to the gut followed by kicks. Bryan with more offense and a tag to Kane. Kane with a dropkick to the face and a 2 count. Kane slams Ambrose for another pin attempt. Rollins comes in but Kane keeps control. Bryan tags in and they double team Rollins for a 2 count. Kane comes back in and works over Rollins. Kane with a big sidewalk slam for a 2 count. Kane goes to the top rope but Reigns distracts him. Rollins kicks Kane off the top and to the mat. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Shield is in control of Kane. He goes at it with Ambrose and fights him off with kicks. Ambrose with kicks and a bunch of headbutts. Rollins comes back in and they double team Kane but he counters and double suplexes them. Orton finally gets the tag and takes out The Shield. Orton with a powerslam on Rollins and Ambrose. Orton goes for the draping DDT on Rollins but Ambrose comes in. Orton grabs them both and nails a double draping DDT. Reigns comes in and Orton goes for him. Rollins makes the save from behind and Orton goes down. Rollins with a 2 count on Orton.
Ambrose works over Orton now. Orton tries to fight them off but The Shield keeps control. Rollins comes back in for more offense on Orton. Orton finally fights Reigns off but gets dropped with a big right hand to the chest. Ambrose comes back in for double teaming. Bryan finally gets a tag and unloads on everyone. Bryan with big offense on The Shield. 2 count on Ambrose. He applies the No Lock but Rollins and Ambrose make the save. Kane comes in but catches a big kick and a spear from Reigns. Orton with a RKO on Rollins. Reigns blocks a RKO and shoves Orton into Bryan. Ambrose lays Bryan out for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– Still to come, another Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio match and a CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho contract signing. Back to commercial.
– Orton is backstage arguing with Bryan. Bryan starts arguing with Kane about everyone thinking he’s the weak link. Bryan says Orton must think the same thing now. Bryan says they don’t respect him. Kane says Bryan has lost touch with reality. Bryan says the reality is, he’s the weak link. Bryan goes off about respect and being the weak link. Bryan says he’s going to have another match and beat the respect out of someone. Maybe then Orton and Kane will respect him.
– We see Triple H arriving backstage. He doesn’t look happy and heads for the McMahon office. Stephanie hugs him and kisses him. He asks what’s going on. Triple H says he’s wrestling Axel tonight and Stephanie says no, he isn’t. They argue about it. Stephanie says Axel isn’t worth it. Triple H says he’s cleared to wrestle and will, that’s the bottom line. Vince says the Cerebral Assassin isn’t too cerebral right now. Vince says Axel is good, nobody wants to see Triple H laid out unconscious again. Triple H says he will wrestle Axel tonight. Vince says no. Triple H asks who’s going to stop him. Stephanie gets in between them both and faces Vince. Vince hands Triple H what looks like a contract and tells him don’t do something he will regret. Vince leaves.
The Usos vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
We go to the ring and out come The Usos before going to commercial.
Back from the break and the match is in progress. The Usos tag in and double team Young for a 2 count. Titus comes in but Uso fights them both off. Titus levels Uso with a big right hand. Titus hits a backbreaker and tosses Uso away. Young comes back in and takes control. Titus and Young keep control until one of the Usos fights back with a kick. Titus puts him back down for a 2 count. Titus charges in the corner but misses. Young and the other Uso tag in and go at it. Uso takes control and hits a big Samoan Drop. He charges and hits the big rear splash in the corner for a 2 count as Titus breaks the pin. Everyone is involved now. Young runs into a big kick and goes down. Uso nails a big splash from the top for the win.
Winners: The Usos
– Back from the break and they talk about being a partner in the Special Olympics. Some fans from the games are sitting at ringside.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E Langston
We go to the ring and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio for his 5th match with Big E Langston. Out next comes Big E and AJ Lee. Big E and Del Rio are tied at 2-2.
Big E strikes first and beats Del Rio into the corner. He comes out fighting and clotheslines Big E to the floor. Del Rio misses a dropkick through the ropes and Big E runs over him on the floor. Langston tosses Del Rio into the barrier as AJ looks on smiling. Big E comes back in with a huge clothesline for 2. Del Rio makes a comeback but Big E catches him in mid-air with a bunch of backbreakers. Big E with a 2 count. More back and forth. Del Rio goes for the cross armbreaker. Big E rolls through and breaks the hold. Del Rio with a German suplex. Del Rio goes for the armbreaker again. Langston won’t tap but Del Rio turns the hold into a pin for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– Sheamus is shown walking backstage as we go back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. Cody Rhodes is out next and he has Damien Sandow with him.
Sandow joins commentary as Sheamus and Rhodes lock up. Back and forth to start. Sheamus goes for the forearms on the apron but Cody avoids it. Cody fights back and slams Sheamus’ leg into the corner. Rhodes takes control now and kicks Sheamus out of the ring. Sheamus comes back with shoulder thrusts and a high knee. Sheamus with the senton. Sheamus goes up top for a battering ram and nails it. Sheamus goes for White Noise but Cody rolls him up for 2. Sheamus misses a Brogue Kick and Cody nails a neckbreaker for 2. Sheamus blocks Cross Rhodes but misses a clothesline in the corner. Cody misses a moonsault. Sheamus hits White Noise and a Brogue Kick for the win.
– After the match, Sheamus goes out to where Sandow is. They have words. Sheamus wants a handshake but Sandow slaps his hand away. Sheamus decks Sandow with a right hand and he goes down.
– Still to come, the Punk-Jericho contract signing. Back to commercial.
– Triple H is leaving the arena and talking to Stephanie about Vince getting in his face. Triple H says he’s leaving so he doesn’t have to whip their kids grandfather on TV. He tells her to go inform Vince that next week on RAW, he will be facing Axel.
– We see what Ryback did to Kofi Kingston on SmackDown, putting him through the tables. Cole says Kofi will be out of action for a few months after having surgery.
– Bryan is walking around upset backstage. He kicks over some stuff and Ryback appears. Ryback tells him to watch what he’s doing. Ryback says his throw up is bigger than Bryan. Bryan says he’s not afraid of Ryback. Ryback tells him to prove it and challenges him to a match tonight. Bryan tells Ryback to underestimate him and see what happens. Ryback calls him the weakest link and says after their match, he will be the missing link.
– Vince McMahon walks into where Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel are. Vince says Curtis has a big future ahead of him. Vince says we won’t be seeing the Triple H match tonight or next week. Vince says Curtis will be in action tonight, against John Cena in a No DQ match. Vince wishes Axel good luck and they walk off.
– Fandango and Summer Rae are walking backstage as we go back to commercial.
Fandango vs. The Great Khali
Back from the break and out comes Fandango and Summer Rae dancing. Out next comes The Great Khali with Natalya and Hornswoggle.
Khali strikes first and takes Fandango down. Khali mocks Fandango’s dancing. Khali takes him to the corner and nails a big chop to the chest. Khali with another big chop to the chest. Fandango keeps coming back but Khali drops him everytime with a boot, right hand or big clothesline. Fandango escapes the ring and leaves with Summer up the ramp. The Miz appears from behind and stops Fandango from leaving. Miz turns around to a Bullhammer Elbow from Barrett. Barrett holds up his title as we go to commercial.
The Miz vs. Wade Barrett
Back from the break and the match is underway. Miz unloads but Barrett runs over him with a big boot. Barrett keeps control and chokes Miz with the ropes. Miz dumps Barrett to the floor and regroups. Miz kicks Barrett back into the barrier. Miz brings it back in the ring but Barrett stops him. Barrett misses a big knee in the corner. Miz starts working on the knee and goes for a Figure Four but can’t get it. Barrett hits Winds of Change for a 2 count. Fandango’s music plays and out he comes on the stage with Summer Rae to dance. Barrett turns around and Miz takes him down for the Figure Four and the win.
Winner: The Miz
– Still to come, the Punk-Jericho contract signing. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at what happened with Triple H, Vince and Stephanie earlier tonight.
– We go to the ring and Jerry Lawler is overseeing the contract signing for Payback. Lawler talks about Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk and brings Jericho out first. Lawler introduces Paul Heyman next, who is representing Punk. Heyman says we could have just signed this in the back, in private. Heyman says when Jericho shows up for Payback to wrestle the best in the world… Jericho cuts him off and mocks Punk. Jericho doesn’t give a damn about any of what Punk has done. The crowd chants for Jericho. Heyman signs the contract on behalf of Punk and slides the contract to Jericho. Heyman asks if he’s truly prepared to face the best in the world in Chicago. Heyman talks about how the fans will be anti-Jericho at Payback. Jericho says maybe they should have the match at SummerSlam in Los Angeles. Heyman says no. How about Madison Square Garden? Heyman says no. Jericho proposes they do the match tonight and the crowd pops big time. Heyman declines. Jericho says Chicago is fine and signs the contract. Jericho says it doesn’t matter where you’re from – if you act like a jackass, you get treated like one. Jericho wonders where they will file the contract at, which lawyers. Jericho has thought about where the contract should go. He faces Heyman and tells him to stand up. Jericho tells Heyman to unbutton his jacket. Jericho rolls the contract up and puts it in Heyman’s pants. Jericho says he will see Heyman in Chicago and walks off.
– Still to come, Ryback vs. Daniel Bryan and Curtis Axel vs. John Cena. Back to commercial.
The Bella Twins and AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn, Cameron and Naomi
Back from the break and out comes The Bella Twins followed by AJ Lee. Cameron and Naomi are out next followed by WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn. AJ starts the match off with Kaitlyn. AJ gets in a cheap shot and Kaitlyn grabs her hair. AJ runs right to the corner and tags one of the Bellas in. Cameron tags in and then Naomi. They double team Bella for a 2 count.
The end comes when AJ drops off the apron and refuses a tag from one of the Bellas. Bella turns around to a spear from Kaitlyn for the win.
Winners: Kaitlyn, Cameron and Naomi
– Still to come, Ryback vs. Bryan. Back to commercial.
Ryback vs. Daniel Bryan
The match sees Ryback take control and hit a big spear in the corner for a 2 count. Ryback with knees and more stomps. Ryback talks trash to Bryan and stomps some more. Ryback drops an elbow and goes back to a headlock. Bryan makes a strong comeback and nails a big diving headbutt. Bryan with kicks. Ryback grabs a kick and turns it into a big powerbomb. Bryan turns a pin attempt into the No Lock. Bryan ends up diving out of the ring onto Ryback but hits the announce table. Ryback brings him back in the ring but sets up a table. Ryback powerbombs Bryan through the table and gets disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Ryback goes for another table but out comes John Cena to a big pop. They face off but the music hits and out comes Curtis Axel with Paul Heyman.
No DQ Match: Curtis Axel vs. John Cena
Ryback backs off as Heyman and Axel make their way to the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and here we go. Heyman trips Cena early on and Curtis sends Cena out to the floor. Axel comes out and works Cena over before bringing him back in. Axel keeps control of Cena and nails a blockbuster for a 2 count. Axel with more kicks and right hands. Axel with a backbreaker and another pin attempt. Axel tells Heyman to bring him a steel chair. Cena blocks a chair shot and hits Axel over the back with it. Cena tosses Axel out of the ring and follows. Cena throws Axel across the announcers table.
They come back in and Axel hits Cena in the gut with the chair. Cena ducks a chair shot and Axel hits the ring post. They come back in the ring and face off. Cena ducks the chair shot again. He ducks another and dropkicks the chair into Axel’s face. 2 count by Cena. Axel turns it back around and keeps control of Cena for a few minutes. Axel with another pin attempt. Cena with another comeback and his usual set of moves. Axel moves in the corner and Cena runs into the ring post. Cena lands out on the floor and barely makes it back in before being counted out. Axel stomps away as he re-enters. More back and forth. The end comes when Ryback comes out to put Cena through a table. Cena can’t make it back in time.
Winner by Count Out: Curtis Axel
|Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Demands That Dana White Apologizes For Saying Pro Wrestling Is Fake|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|7||Hulk Hogan Makes Gay Slurs In Leaked Sex Tape - Read His Comments Here|
|7||Report: Sting Will Not Be Appearing At SummerSlam|
|5||WWE RAW Results For July 27th, 2015: U.S Championship Match|
|5||Update On WWE Diva Suffering A Concussion During Monday’s Episode Of RAW|
|4||Mick Foley Praises John Cena For His Toughness During Last Night’s Match With Seth Rollins|