- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler welcoming us. Cole shows us how to use the WWE App to vote for The Slammy Awards. We go to the ring and out comes Daniel Bryan to a big hometown pop.
Daniel Bryan vs. Fandango
Bryan makes his way to the ring to a huge pop. Bryan’s hometown Aberdeen isn’t far from Seattle. Fans chant “yes!” as Bryan hits the ring. Out next comes Fandango and Summer Rae to mostly boos.
They lock up and the crowd is hot. Fandango drops Bryan first but Bryan comes back with a dropkick. Bryan with uppercuts now. Fandango with a big knee to the gut and a 2 count. Fandango takes control in the corners now. Bryan drops Fandango face first into the turnbuckles and kicks him. More kicks to the back of Fandango as Summer looks on. Bryan turns Fandango over and goes for the surfboard submission to another big pop. They run the ropes and Fandango tosses Bryan to the floor. Fandango leaps out but Bryan comes back in and Fandango hits the floor. Bryan nails a suicide dive through the ropes and chants “yes!” with the fans. Bryan whips Fandango into the barrier and nails a running dropkick. Bryan brings Fandango back in the ring and goes up top. Bryan gets caught in mid-air with a sitdown powerbomb for a 2 count.
We come back from commercial and Bryan hits Fandango with kicks. Bryan kicks him in the head and covers for 2. Bryan with a dropkick in the corner and more kicks. Bryan misses another dropkick and Fandango takes control for a 2 count. Fandango goes to the top but misses the big leg drop. Bryan goes up and nails the headbutt. Bryan hits the flying knee for the pin.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan is celebrating until the lights go out and Bray Wyatt appears on the big screen. Wyatt has Erick Rowan and Luke Harper with him. He doesn’t wish to watch Bryan suffer but time is running out. He says there are no happy endings and no fairy-tales. This story ends the same way it started. Wyatt says they are going to hurt Bryan bad. Wyatt doesn’t care if it kills him, he’s going to prove Bryan is a monster just like him. In that moment of serenity, Wyatt will take all pain away. Wyatt tells Bryan to join them and laughs some more. Fans boo. The lights come back on and fans are chanting “no!” with Bryan.
– We go back to JBL and Cole at ringside. We go to our hosts on the stage – Booker T and Jerry Lawler. Lawler welcomes us to the 2013 Slammy Awards. Booker encourages fans to vote. They talk about laughing out loud and introduces Road Dogg and Billy Gunn for the “LOL!” Moment of the Year. The New Age Outlaws come out in bright suits with top hats. Fans chant “one more match” as they do their introduction. The nominees are Vickie Guerrero getting fired as RAW General Manager, Titus O’Neil puking, Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali trying to charm the Cobra and The Rock singing to Vickie Guerrero at RAW’s 20th Anniversary show. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
– Santino Marella makes his way out as we go to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and Damien Sandow is out. We go back to The New Age Outlaws on the stage. The “LOL!” Moment of the Year is awarded to The Rock Concert. Rock’s music plays but Vickie Guerrero comes out instead. She accepts the award and tells The Rock this award represents her beauty. Vickie walks off as the crowd boos and the bell rings. Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston is on commentary.
Santino tries some comedy but Sandow takes him down. Sandow keeps control and drops the Elbow of Disdain for a 2 count after taunting Big E. Santino comes back with a hip toss and pulls the Cobra out. Sandow blocks it and nails the You’re Welcome for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
– After the match, Big E hits the ring and holds up the title in Sandow’s face. Big E makes Sandow leave the ring and poses with the belt.
– We go to the stage and The Shield comes out, wearing all black suits, to present the Slammy Award for Double-Cross of the Year. Dean Ambrose says he knows he looks great. Ambrose says this is one award they know nothing about. Seth Rollins says that’s right and talks about 2013 for them. Roman Reigns says if you’re thinking about crossing The Shield you better think twice. Ambrose interrupts him, teasing more tension, and introduces the nominees. They are Mark Henry’s fake retirement before attacking John Cena, Shawn Michaels super kicking Daniel Bryan at Hell In a Cell, Paul Heyman turning on CM Punk at Money in the Bank and Triple H for turning on Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
We go to the ring and out comes Kofi Kingston. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and The Miz is making his way out. The Shield announces the winner for Double-Cross of the Year and it’s Shawn Michaels for turning on Daniel Bryan. It looks like Reigns stepped in before Ambrose could make the announcement. Shawn comes out to a big pop and accepts the award. Shawn says he has a lot on his mind but he was told he can’t talk too long. Shawn talks about how he’s been double-crossing people for years but never nominated for this award. A “you sold out” chant starts up. Shawn says he sold out a long time ago and that’s why he’s still here. Shawn thanks the fans and says he’s enjoyed it all before leaving.
The match starts and both are aggressive going back and forth. Kofi with a big kick to the chest after pin attempts. Kofi with another big kick. Kofi runs the ropes and nails a third kick to the chest for a 2 count. Miz ducks Trouble in Paradise and rolls to the floor. The Miz starts to walk away from the match but Kofi goes after him and brings him in. Kofi nails Miz from up top and rolls him up for 2. Miz grabs Kofi’s tights out of nowhere and gets the win via roll up.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Kofi lays Miz out with a Trouble in Paradise.
– We go to the stage and out comes Eve Torres to present the Slammy Award for Diva of the Year. Eve talks about the Total Divas and non-Total Divas. The nominees are The Bella Twins, Cameron & Naomi, Kaitlyn, Natalya, Eva Marie and AJ Lee. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Ryback, Curtis Axel, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes Rey Mysterio for an eight-man match. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and a Championship Ascension Ceremony is announced. 24 former champions will surround the ring and it will be the last time we see both of them. We go to the ring and The Real Americans are coming out. Eve Torres is back on the stage and reveals The Bella Twins as Divas of the Year. They come out to a mixed reaction. The Bellas thank the fans and give a speech but get booed.
Rey and Ryback go at it. Ryback dodges a 619 and goes to the floor. Big Show tags in next and locks up with Ryback. Show sends him into the corner and unloads. Show with big chops to the chest before continuing to toss Ryback around. Another big chop to the chest. Goldust tags in and keeps control of Ryback in the corner. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rey is in with Cesaro. Rey with a big scissors takedown counter. Goldust comes in and they double team Cesaro for a 2 count. Cesaro turns it around and tags in Swagger. Axel and Cesaro both take turns on Goldust. Axel drops elbows and covers for another pin attempt. Ryback comes in and keeps control of Goldust. Ryback beats Goldust back into the corner and tags in Swagger for more offense on Goldust. Cesaro comes back in and hits the double stomp for a 2 count. Goldust counters and back slides Cesaro for 2. Goldust with a big powerslam. Cody finally comes in and unloads. It ends up being Axel and Cody going at it. Cody with a springboard missile dropkick for 2. Cody goes up for the moonsault and nails it on Axel but Ryback breaks the pin. Show comes in and knocks Ryback out of the ring. Show also takes out Cesaro and Swagger on the floor. Cody nails a Disaster Kick on Axel. Rey nails a 619 on Axel. Rey goes to the top and hits the big splash for the win.
Winners: Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Cody Rhodes and Goldust
– We go to Booker T and Jerry Lawler on the stage. They introduce Shawn Michaels to present the Slammy Award for Superstar of the Year. HBK talks and fans start chanting “yes!” at him. The nominees are Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and John Cena. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
Sin Cara vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes Sin Cara. Once again it’s Hunico under the mask. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a graphic for Nelson Mandela. We go back to Shawn Michaels on the stage. The Slammy Award winner for Superstar of the Year is Daniel Bryan. HBK hesitated and had to double check the card. Bryan comes out to a massive pop. Bryan comes out and HBK won’t let go of the Slammy. He finally does and walks off but checks his back. Bryan thanks Shawn for the HB-Shizzle award. Bryan says if it weren’t for Shawn, he probably wouldn’t be here in WWE. Also if it weren’t for Shawn, he would be the WWE Champion right now, he says. Fans chant “yes!” as Bryan goes on. Bryan says he isn’t upset about it. Bryan says the fans have voted him Superstar of the Year. He says 2014 will be even better and gets a huge pop when he says, “go Seahawks!” We go back to the ring where Del Rio makes his way out.
The bell rings and they go at it. Del Rio beats Cara down. Cara runs the ropes and hits a crossbody and right hands. Del Rio ends up hitting a suplex and mounting a comeback. Cara comes back and sends Del Rio to the floor to regroup. Cara dropkicks Del Rio off the apron. Cara goes to the floor and beats Del Rio around ringside. Cara brings it back in and works over Del Rio in the corner until he turns it around. Del Rio with kicks now. Del Rio comes off the second rope but Cara turns it around again. Cara goes to the top but Del Rio slides out of the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio has taken control. Cara comes back with a dropkick from the corner for a 2 count. More back and forth. Del Rio with a backbreaker. The fans really get into this one and chant “this is awesome” at one point. Lots of back and forth. Cara ends up hitting a powerbomb out of the corner and the big swanton for the pin.
Winner: Sin Cara
– We go to the stage and out come Darren Young and Titus O’Neil to present the Slammy Award for Fan Participation of the Year. The Prime Time Players do their Millions of Dollars dance and talk about it not getting nominated. The nominees are Yes! Yes! Yes!, What’s Up!, Fandango-ing and Let’s go Cena/Cena sucks. Voting is now open on the WWE App. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we go back to the stage with The Prime Time Players. Bryan gets the Slammy Award and comes out with only one thing to say – “YES!”
– Cameron, Naomi, Brodus Clay and Tensai come out as we go to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Xavier Woods
Back from the break and as soon as the bell rings Xavier Woods attacks Brodus Clay and they go at it. Clay hits a big powerbomb out of nowhere. Clay hits a big splash from the second rope for the quick win.
Winner: Brodus Clay
– After the bell, Clay attacks Woods and drops elbow and splashes off him. R-Truth and Tensai try to drag him off of Woods. Truth checks on Woods as Tensai holds Clay in the corner. Clay leaves by himself and says it’s all about him now.
– We go to the stage and out comes The Miz to present the Slammy Award for Insult of the Year. The nominees are AJ Lee’s pipe bombshell, Zeb Colter’s various rants, Paul Heyman’s rants on CM Punk and Stephanie McMahon running Big Show down. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
– We go to the ring and out comes CM Punk to a big pop. He will face Dean Ambrose after the commercial break.
CM Punk vs. Dean Ambrose
Back from the break and The Shield comes through the crowd. The Miz reveals the Insult of the Year winner and it’s Stephanie McMahon. She thanks fans for realizing what’s best for business. We go to the ring and The Shield is getting ready. Punk and Ambrose lock up and trade holds.
More back and forth. Ambrose drops Punk with a shoulder but Punk comes back, takes Ambrose to the mat and works on his arm. They go to the corner but Punk keeps control of the arm and drops an armbar for a 2 count. Ambrose keeps coming back but Punk focuses on his arm. Punk with knees to the chest now. Ambrose runs into a big boot. Punk goes to the top for a crossbody but lands on Ambrose’s knee and hits hard. Ambrose with a 2 count. Ambrose with an elbow drop and another 2 count. Ambrose works Punk over as Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns look on.
Ambrose with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Ambrose keeps control and takes Punk back to the corner for another big shoulder thrust. Ambrose goes for another but Punk moves and he hits the ring post. Punk goes for GTS but he’s hurt and Ambrose slides out, going to the floor to regroup. Ambrose tries to come back in but Punk knocks him off the apron. Punk nails a suicide dive to the floor, sending Ambrose into the barrier. Rollins and Reigns begin to close in on Punk as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ambrose is working over Punk’s ribs. Ambrose keeps Punk grounded with a headlock now. Punk fights out with a back drop. They get to their feet and trade shots. Punk misses a dropkick. Punk finally comes back and drops Ambrose again. Punk with more offense and the big knee in the corner. Punk goes up top and hits the big elbow drop for a 2 count. Ambrose blocks GTS again and nails a suplex for 2. Punk hits a big crossbody but Ambrose rolls through for a 2 count. Punk nails a roundhouse kick for another close 2 count. Fans start the “this is awesome” chant up. Punk goes for GTS but it’s blocked once again. Ambrose with a shot to the ribs and out goes Punk to the floor again. Ambrose distracts the referee while Reigns and Rollins approach Punk and taunt him. Ambrose comes back over and argues with Rollins and Reigns, apparently about not hitting Punk while the ref was distracted. Ambrose brings Punk back in as Rollins and Reigns go to leave. Punk rolls Ambrose up for 2. Punk has GTS blocked again. Punk comes back and nails GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
– After the match, Reigns and Rollins walk back down to the ring. Reigns ends up nailing a big spear on Punk. Rollins helps Ambrose over the barrier and The Shield leaves together. We go to replays with Punk trying to recover.
– We get a video package with former champions taking about the WWE Title and the World Heavyweight Title.
– Back from the break and we go to Booker T and Jerry Lawler on the stage. Lawler jokes about his heart attack before they introduce Mick Foley to present the Slammy Award for Most Extreme Moment of the Year. Foley gives props to the Punk vs. Ambrose match and gets a cheap pop from Seattle. Foley mentions some of his extreme moments. The nominees are The Shield hitting a triple powerbomb on The Undertaker, Ryback sending John Cena through the LED light panel, CM Punk beating Paul Heyman on top of the Cell and The Wyatt Family crushing Kane at SummerSlam. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
– We go to the ring and out come The Usos. We go to commercial.
The Usos vs. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
Back from the break and Bray Wyatt is sitting in his rocking chair as Rowan and Harper enter the ring. We go back to Foley on the stage. The winner is CM Punk for getting revenge on Paul Heyman. Punk comes out, still suffering from The Shield’s attack. Punk jokes about accepting an award while not wearing pants and thanks everyone. Punk says if we thought that was extreme, watch what he does to The Shield on Sunday. The bell rings and Rowan goes at it with one of the Usos.
The Usos end up getting Rowan and Harper out on the floor. They both leap out and take the Wyatts out as Bray laughs. We go to commercial with The Usos in control.
Back from the break and Harper is in control of one of the Usos in the ring now. Harper runs Uso over and covers for another pin attempt. Rowan comes back in and manhandles Uso some more. Rowan misses a splash in the corner and hits the ring post. Jimmy Uso tags in and goes at it with Harper, hitting him with clotheslines. Uso with a superkick on Rowan and then Harper. Harper kicks him in the face. Uso with a big Samoan Drop. Uso with the back splash in the corner and a 2 count on Harper. Harper comes back and drops Uso’s neck over the middle rope. Harper ties Uso up in the ropes and slaps him around now. Jey unties his brother from the ropes but gets knocked to the floor. Jimmy with a superkick and a Superfly Splash but Rowan makes the save for a 2 count. Rowan takes Jey off the apron and slams him face first on the announcers table. Jimmy superkicks Rowan off the apron. Jimmy turns around to a huge clothesline from Harper for the win.
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
– After the match, the lights go out and come back on as we go back to Booker and Lawler on the stage. They introduce Bret Hart to present the final Slammy Award of the night for Match of the Year. Bret comes out to a standing ovation and talks about how everyone wants Match of the Year. The nominees are CM Punk vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29, The Shield vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust at Battleground, Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H at Extreme Rules and John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 29. Voting is now open on the WWE App.
– We go to the ring and out comes Natalya to give Bret a hug before making her way down. Back to commercial.
Natalya vs. Tamina Snuka
Back from the break and WWE Divas Champion is out with AJ Lee. We go back to Bret on the stage. The Slammy Award winner for Match of the Year is Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania. Cena comes out to a very mixed reaction. He says WrestleMania 29 was one of the best matches with one of his best opponents. He’s getting booed heavily here. Cena say it’s a memory he will never forget and thanks fans for voting for it. Tamina and Natalya go at it to start the match. Tamina beats Natalya down.
Tamina keeps control of Natalya and hits her with knees to the gut in the corner. Natalya goes down in the corner and Tamina stomps away. Natalya turns it around with a big clothesline. AJ gets on the apron but Natalya grabs her. Tamina comes from behind and accidentally knocks AJ off the apron by picking up Natalya. Natalya goes for the Sharpshooter on Tamina and gets the win.
– We go back to Cole and JBL at ringside. Still to come, the Ascension Ceremony. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes to the ring with Stephanie McMahon. We go to commercial.
– Back from the commercial and in the ring are 20 former champions – Triple H, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali, Triple H, Booker T, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and a few others it looks like. Stephanie speaks and we see Punk in the background laughing. Triple H speaks next and fans start chanting for Bryan, causing Triple H to have to speak up. HBK motions for the crowd to calm down. Henry raises Bryan’s hand and the crowd cheers. Now they start a big “yes!” chant up and Bryan is loving it. It’s taking several minutes for the crowd to calm down so they can proceed. Triple H says that’s a lot of Daniel Bryan’s family for one building. He says a lot of the fans look just like Bryan. Triple H says we’re here to witness a moment in history. Triple H brings out WWE Champion Randy Orton first. World Heavyweight Champion John Cena is out next.
Triple H has them hand over their titles. The referee places the belts on a gold hanger as fans chant for Daniel Bryan again. Orton talks at Cena and the fans boo. Orton goes on and fans start the “boring” chants up. Orton says Cena is going to be the guy who loses the most important match in history. Fans start the “yes!” chants up now and Orton gets upset. Orton says he took years off Foley’s life and career. Orton says he’s embarrassed Michaels on multiple occasions and says he would have left Bret unconscious if he were involved in the Montreal Screwjob. We see Punk laughing again. The crowd chants “you suck” now. Cena takes the mic and they boo. Cena brings Bryan front and center and the crowd pops big. Bryan gets some cheap pops from the crowd. Cena asks him where he’s from and asks if his father or mother were ever WWE Superstars. Cena asks Bryan if he’s had to work for everything since he got to WWE and the fans start “yes” chants again. Cena says fans chant for Bryan because he works and earns it. Cena rips into Orton about how he’s been given everything. Cena goes on and says all Orton does is hide behind The Authority. Cena goes on and brings up Orton’s behavior problems inside and outside of the ring. Cena says Orton is selfish.
Cena says everyone in the ring might not like him but they respect him. He brings up giving Dolph Ziggler a chance and seeing nothing but the best in the world in CM Punk when everyone else didn’t. Cena says Bryan’s only legit title shot was against him and Bryan won. Fans chant “yes” again. Cena tells Bryan he looks forward to a fair rematch. Cena tells Orton he can be just as brutal as him. Cena says TLC will be physical and he will be at his very best. Cena hopes Orton will be too because we don’t want to deal with another Orton excuse. Cena wishes Orton good luck and says he will need it. They drop the mics, shake hands and the crowd pops. Orton hits a cheap shot and they start brawling. Everyone pulls them apart. Orton decks Punk. Punk fires back and unloads on Orton. Triple H grabs Punk and throws him back. Triple H has words with Orton. Punk turns Triple H around and attacks him. HBK lays out Punk with Sweet Chin Music. Bryan nails the running knee on HBK. Orton goes for a RKO on Bryan but Stephanie gets knocked down. Triple H rushes over to check on her. Triple H lays out Orton with a Pedigree and goes back to checking on Stephanie. Cena, Kane and Triple H help Stephanie up as fans start chanting for Bryan again. We get a shot of Cena, Triple H, Kane and Stephanie staring down at Orton, who is recovering in the corner as RAW goes off the air.
|CM Punk Interview: Says He's Done With WWE, Speaks About Why He Left, Talks With Vince & HHH, Lots More|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|26||CM Punk Interview: Says He's Done With WWE, Speaks About Why He Left, Talks With Vince & HHH, Lots More|
|11||WWE RAW Report - 11/24/14|
|10||Sting Makes His WWE TV Debut, Possible Match Against Triple H?, Update on The Authority|
|10||Backstage News on Sting vs. Triple H or The Undertaker, Speculation on Sting's WWE Future|
|5||Backstage News on Sting's WWE Debut, WWE's Big Goal with Survivor Series and the Network|