- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up with the pyro as Michael Cole welcomes us to The Road to WrestleMania. We’re live from the Spring Center in Kansas City as Justin Roberts introduces John Laurinaitis and out he comes to the ring. Laurinaitis is greeting fans at ringside on his way down.
Laurinaitis is all smiles as he enters the ring. He’s looking forward to his review tonight. Laurinaitis says he’s done a good job but admits he has made mistakes. He’s confident he will be named the permanent General Manager of RAW tonight. He brings up Triple H doing the job review tonight and the crowd cheers. Laurinaitis wants to talk about his performance at the Royal Rumble now. He says he called it right down the middle. Laurinaitis announces the RAW Elimination Chamber – WWE Champion CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, R-Truth and Chris Jericho.
For tonight, Laurinaitis announces Miz vs. Kofi, Ziggler vs. Randy Orton, Eve Torres vs. Beth Phoenix for the WWE Divas Title plus World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. WWE Champion CM Punk. Laurinaitis finishes up but is interrupted by Cult of Personality as the WWE Champion makes his way out.
Punk comes out and leads the crowd in singing “goodbye” to Laurinaitis. Punk enters the ring and rips Laurinaitis. He says he’s not a fan of Triple H but he can’t wait until The Game kicks Laurinaitis out the front door tonight. Laurinaitis wants to put his differences with Punk aside and start fresh. Laurinaitis extends his hand to Punk. Punk says the only way he would take that hand is if Laurinaitis wanted to go to sleep. The music hits and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan.
Bryan says nobody cares about Punk and Laurinaitis’ personal problems. While they were doing their soap opera last night, he was winning. Bryan says nobody appreciates his accomplishments last night. Laurinaitis says he understands. Regarding tonight’s match, Bryan says Punk isn’t much of a challenge after what he went through at the Rumble. Punk says he’s right – all he is is the best wrestler in the world. Bryan says he’s more than a wrestler. He’s a role model, a vegan. Bryan brags about not eating meat. Punk wonders what exactly does Bryan eat. Bryan says he will take Punk’s pipe bomb and stick it where the sun don’t shine. They come face to face. Punk says they’ve known each other for a decade and are friends. How about just giving Kansas City a show tonight. Punk says let’s give them the best wrestling match in the world. They’re interrupted by Sheamus and out comes the 2012 Royal Rumble winner.
Sheamus talks about winning the Rumble. He points out Bryan and Punk both will defend their titles at Elimination Chamber and that Laurinaitis may be fired tonight. Sheamus points up at the WrestleMania sign and says he has earned the right to be in the main event. Sheamus says he will become the next WWE or World Heavyweight Champion, getting in both Punk and Bryan’s face. He wishes them good luck. He hopes Triple H kicks Laurinaitis in the ass so hard he throws up his lace undies. Sheamus drops the mic and heads to the back. Punk and Bryan face off and shake hands in the middle of the ring.
– Up next is Orton vs. Ziggler. Back to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
We get footage of Wade Barrett injuring Randy Orton on SmackDown a few weeks back. Josh Matthews is up in a private skybox where Wade Barrett is watching as Randy Orton makes his way to the ring. Out next comes Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero.
The bell rings and they go at it. They go back and forth until Dolph dodges a move and shows off some. Orton goes to a headlock and slams Ziggler to the mat. They get back up and Orton drops Ziggler with a shoulder. Matthews is talking to Barrett in the skybox about Orton as the match goes on. Ziggler tries to turn it around but Orton clotheslines him. Orton with uppercuts in the corner now. Orton charges but runs into a punch from Ziggler. Ziggler dropkicks Orton to the mat as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is working on getting the sleeper applied. He gets on Orton’s back but Orton rams him back into the corner. Orton runs into a boot in the corner and goes down. Ziggler with a 2 count. Ziggler charges in the corner but Orton moves. Orton hits clotheslines but misses an uppercut and Ziggler dropkicks him in the face. Ziggler with another 2 count. Ziggler continues and drops Orton with a neckbreaker. Ziggler does sit-ups in the ring and waits for Orton to get up. Ziggler goes up top but Orton knocks him down on the turnbuckles.
Vickie screams as Orton works Ziggler over on the turnbuckles and climbs up top for a superplex. Orton covers Ziggler for a 2 count. They trade shots on their feet now. Orton with a pair of clotheslines and the snap slam. Orton takes Ziggler to the apron for the draping DDT but Ziggler gets on his back and applies the sleeper hold. Orton turns it around for another 2 count. Ziggler comes back with the big leg drop but Orton kicks out at 2 as Barrett looks on from his skybox. Ziggler jumps on Orton’s back again. Orton throws him off and clotheslines him out to the floor. Orton throws Ziggler into the fan barrier before bringing it back in the ring. Orton comes in and nails the second rope draping DDT. Orton connects with the RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– Still to come tonight, Punk vs. Bryan and another WWE Hall of Fame announcement. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see still shots from the Kane vs. John Cena Royal Rumble match and Kane’s attack on Zack Ryder.
– We see John Laurinaitis walking backstage. He greets William Regal and asks how his son is. Laurinaitis greets Curt Hawkins next before we go back to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Tyler Reks
Back from the break and out comes Brodus Clay with his dancers. They put on a show as Tyler Reks looks on from ringside.
They lock up and Brodus shoves Reks to the match. Brodus shakes and hits Reks with rights and an elbow. Brodus goes for a clothesline but Reks kicks him and boots him into the ropes. Reks takes Clay to one knee and beats on him. Clay shakes it off and fights to both feet. Clay with a belly-to-belly suplex and a clothesline. Clay hits “What The Funk” for the win.
Winner: Brodus Clay
– We go backstage where Daniel Bryan walks into CM Punk’s locker room. Punk says they’re both underdogs who made it to the top but says a lot of people don’t know what a vegan is. Bryan talks about being a vegan and not eating meat. He says a lot of people don’t know what straight-edge means either. Punk says unlike Bryan, he doesn’t claim to be a role model. Punk picks up the WWE Title and says he’s just the best wrestler in the world. Bryan walks off as we go to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
Back from the break and out first comes the WWE Champion CM Punk. World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is out next.
The bell rings and they lock up. Punk takes Bryan to one knee with a headlock. They run the ropes and Punk drops Bryan with a shoulder. Punk leap frogs and Bryan dropkicks him. Bryan applies a surfboard type submission and jumps down on Punk’s legs. Punk fights back now and takes Bryan to the mat. Punk with a big kick to the back for a 2 count.
Punk breaks out with a back drop and goes to the apron. Punk springboards in with a clothesline and covers Bryan for a 2 count. Punk continues the offense and chops Bryan into the corner. Bryan whips Punk into the other corner but Punk counters a dropkick and gets him for another 2 count. More back and forth until we take another commercial break with both men down.
Back from the break and Bryan has Punk back on the mat. Bryan continues to work on Punk’s arm. Bryan goes to the top but Punk stops him. Punk hits big chops while Bryan sits on the top turnbuckle. Punk climbs up and screams “best in the world” to Bryan before taking him to the mat with a hurricanrana. Punk fires away on Bryan and dropkicks him. Punk with a clothesline and a neckbreaker. Punk this the high knee in the corner and then the bulldog. Punk waits for GTS but Bryan counters and slides to the floor. Punk hits the baseball slide and goes to dive through the ropes but Bryan hits a forearm. Bryan climbs up top and hits a missile dropkick on Punk. 2 count for Bryan. Bryan with a series of kicks to the chest. Punk ducks a roundhouse kick and rolls up for 2. They go back and forth some more. Bryan hits a sick kick to the head and covers for another close 2 count. They end up on the top again and Punk knocks Bryan to the mat. Punk hits the big flying elbow but Bryan kicks out again.
Punk goes for GTS but Bryan rolls him up for 2. Bryan goes for the LaBell Lock but Punk slides out. Punk catapults Bryan into the turnbuckle and drops him with a big kick to the head. Chris Jericho runs out and throws Bryan into the fan barrier. Jericho enters the ring and nails Punk with a Codebreaker as the referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: Daniel Bryan
– Bryan smiles from the floor as he’s announced the winner by DQ. Jericho stands over Punk in the ring as Punk tries to recover. Bryan backs up the ramp yelling “YES!” over and over as we go to replays. Jericho stops and smirks back at Punk in the ring.
– They announce boxing legend Mike Tyson for the 2012 Hall of Fame and we get a video package on Iron Mike.
– R-Truth comes to the ring in street clothes and we take a commercial break as he’s walking out.
Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz
Back from commercial and R-Truth has joined the announcers for commentary. Kofi Kingston makes his way out first followed by The Miz. Miz stops on the stage and talks about Kofi’s hand stand from the Royal Rumble. Really, he asks. Miz brags about lasting over 45 minutes in the Rumble. He says his Road to WrestleMania is taking some detours but he will win the Elimination Chamber and go on to headline WrestleMania because he’s The Miz and he’s awesome. The bell rings and they lock up.
They trade holds until Miz takes control. Miz with a big kick and a 2 count. He takes Kofi to the corner and beats him down until the referee tells him to back off. Miz hits a high knee and taunts Truth. Miz turns around and Kofi rolls him up for 2. Miz comes back with a big clothesline. Miz hits the clothesline in the corner and comes off the top for a 2 count.
Miz takes Kofi back to the mat but he fights up and to his feet. Kofi with another roll up for 2. Miz counters and hits a big DDT for 2. Miz runs into a kick in the corner and Kofi goes up top. Kofi comes down with a big crossbody for a 2 count. Miz hits the backbreaker but Kofi counters the neckbreaker. More back and forth action. Kofi slides out of Skill Crushing Finale. Miz charges in the corner but misses. Kofi hits Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Kofi Kingston
– David Otunga and John Laurinaitis are backstage talking. Laurinaitis wonders if Otunga is out for his job. Otunga says he is content with his role and believes everything works out later on. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and they air the promo video for The Rock that aired during the Royal Rumble.
– Up next is the Divas Title match between Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres. Back to commercial.
WWE Divas Title Match: Eve Torres vs. Beth Phoenix
Out comes Eve Torres looking worried and paranoid. WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix is out next. The bell rings and Eve takes Beth to the corner but gets overpowered out. Beth goes right for the Glam Slam and nails it for the squash win.
Winner: Beth Phoenix
– After the match, Kane appears on the big screen to talk to Eve. Kane talks about Cena and says until he truly embraces the hate, he won’t beat Kane and won’t beat The Rock at WrestleMania. Kane says he will continue to inflict as much pain as he can on Zack Ryder until Cena embraces the hate. Kane says tonight, he’s going to use Eve to pass the message along. The stage explodes and Eve starts crying. Kane is behind her standing on the apron. He backs her down on the ring but John Cena’s music hits and out he comes. Kane and Cena brawl in the ring while Eve escapes. Cena takes the fight to the floor and they brawl around the ringside area. Cena throws Kane into the steel steps and continues the assault. Cena picks the steps up and hits Kane in the head with it. Cena says he will knock Kane down every time he tries to get up. Cena rams Kane with the steps again and again. Cena laughs as he continues the assault on Kane. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment at ringside but Kane slides out and escapes through the crowd.
– John Laurinaitis is walking backstage and gets laughed at by Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes John Laurinaitis. He wants to say a few things before Triple H comes out to give him his review. Laurinaitis knows what he’s done on RAW and knows each fan has appreciated it. He says the facts are in the numbers – RAW ratings have been up versus a year ago. He says that’s a fact. Laurinaitis says he was required to do a self-assessment test by WWE and gave himself a lot of 5 star ratings. Triple H’s music interrupts and out comes The Game to a nice reaction from the crowd.
Triple H says forget everything else, this is pretty simple. He’s been watching Laurinaitis for a long time. At first, he thought Laurinaitis might do a good job because he’s spineless and gutless, and not very swift. Triple H says he was wrong. Laurinaitis is no different than anybody else. Actually, he’s worse than anyone else. Triple H says Laurinaitis tried to use his job to make himself a star – something he couldn’t do when he was an active competitor. Laurinaitis says Triple H is wrong. He’s done a lot of good things for RAW, just ask the fans. Triple H goes on. He says when he and Vince McMahon let personal decisions get in the way of the job, they had to be replaced. He says Laurinaitis has done the same. Laurinaitis pleads with him and says he will do anything to keep his job. Triple H says that’s a broad statement.
Triple H wants Laurinaitis to apologize to the fans for letting personal decisions cloud his judgement and he does. The fans boo the whole time and Triple H asks him what they think, was it good enough? Triple H says that’s not going to work. Triple H brings up putting Laurinaitis in a Gauntlet Match. He’s still looking for something Laurinaitis can do to redeem himself. Triple H brings up Vince McMahon’s Kiss My Ass Club. Laurinaitis says he doesn’t have to prove his loyalty. He loosens his tie and applies some lip balm. Triple H bends over and then stops. Triple H starts laughing and was just messing with Laurinaitis. He says he wouldn’t let Laurinaitis put his lips anywhere near him. Triple H says he’s not doing anything silly. He came here for one reason, to do what needs to be done. Triple H says The Board sees he has put his personal problems behind him and have made it clear that he can come back to run RAW whenever he feels like it. The crowd pops at this. Triple H goes to wish Laurinaitis the best in his future endeavors when the lights go out, the bells toll and it’s The Undertaker.
The Undertaker appears on the stage and stares down Triple H in the ring. Taker slowly walks to the ring. Triple H keeps his eyes locked on The Deadman as he enters the ring and the crowd cheers. Taker walks around Triple H and they keep eyes locked on each other.
Taker’s music stops and he comes face to face with Triple H. The crowd chants Taker’s name. Taker looks up at the WrestleMania 28 sign and then back at Triple H. Taker cuts his own throat as the crowd pops. The staredown continues until Taker looks back at the sign, then back at Triple H. Triple H pats Taker on the back and walks out of the ring. The crowd boos as Triple H walks up the ramp and to the back. Taker looks back at the WrestleMania sign as Triple H stops on the stage but keeps on walking. Taker’s music hits again and RAW goes off the air.
|CM Punk Interview: Says He's Done With WWE, Speaks About Why He Left, Talks With Vince & HHH, Lots More|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|26||CM Punk Interview: Says He's Done With WWE, Speaks About Why He Left, Talks With Vince & HHH, Lots More|
|20||WWE Survivor Series Report - 11/23/14|
|11||WWE RAW Report - 11/24/14|
|10||Sting Makes His WWE TV Debut, Possible Match Against Triple H?, Update on The Authority|
|10||Backstage News on Sting vs. Triple H or The Undertaker, Speculation on Sting's WWE Future|