– The WrestleMania 29 pre-show kicks off with Josh Mathews welcoming us to MetLife Stadium for WrestleMania 29 as fans take their seats. Matt Striker hypes tonight’s Intercontinental Title match with Wade Barrett and The Miz. Striker and Mathews are at ringside. They plug all the ways to view tonight’s show. Mathews asks fans to Tout their favorite WrestleMania moments. We go to Scott Stanford, who is inside MetLife with pre-show co-hosts Kofi Kingston, Dusty Rhodes and Jim Ross. There’s a big chant for Dusty.
– They talk about how big tonight’s show is. We get a promo video for the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio match.
– JR talks about how Swagger isn’t the same person he met years ago. Ross says Del Rio has to work the most intense match of his career. Kofi says he has never seen Del Rio this angry and he is focused. Kofi says Del Rio is fired up. Fans chant for Kofi and Dusty some more. Dusty says tonight, Del Rio can grab hold of the American Dream and prove to the world he’s the better man. Sanford takes us to a WrestleMania hype video.
– We go back to Mathews and Striker at ringside. They plug some social media and the contest to win free WrestleMania XXX tickets. They talk about Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar.
– We go back to the pre-show hosts and there’s a “We want Ryder” chant from the fans in front of them. Dusty talks about how Lesnar vs. Triple H is nothing but a fight. Dusty says it’s going to be a mess. We go out in the parking lot to Tony Dawson. He’s with fans doing some tailgating. The fans are excited and ready for the big event.
– We go backstage to Snooki and The Miz. She’s one of tonight’s social media ambassadors. Miz congratulates her on becoming a MILF. Wade Barrett comes in and tells Snooki to tweet how he’s the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all-time who deserves something better than this. Snooki says that’s more than 140 characters. Miz tells her to tweet that he will be taking the title. Barrett’s going to show Miz a different kind of reality tonight and walks off.
– Striker and Mathews plug more of tonight’s show at ringside, including Ryback vs. Mark Henry. Henry is backstage with Renee Young. Henry says this is Ryback’s first WrestleMania and it will be memorable because it’s the night he will enter the Hall of Pain. We go back to the pre-show hosts to talk about the match. WWE’s stream skips through a bit and we get another WrestleMania hype video.
– The feed comes back on and we’re seeing a promo video for CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. We go back to the pre-show hosts. JR says CM Punk has been the WWE MVP for the past year. Ross predicts tonight will end at 21-0. We go to a WWEshop.com promo.
– We’re just over 27 minutes until the pay-per-view. Tony Dawson is back outside with members of the WWE Universe tailgating. We see videos from fans predicting the matches earlier in the afternoon. Striker and Mathews show us some Touts from fans telling their favorite WrestleMania moments. We get a promo video for The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus.
– Dusty says if The Shield is going to be stopped, it might happen tonight. Kofi says The Shield are clicking on all cylinders and that’s dangerous. JR predicts The Shield will win their WrestleMania debut.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz vs. Wade Barrett
We go to the ring and out first comes The Miz. Out next comes the WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett.
The bell rings and they go at it. Barrett with a pin attempt early on. Barrett with a big knee in the gut out of the corner. Barrett taunts the fans and hits Miz with right hands. Barrett lays Miz on the top turnbuckle and beats him with forearms. Barrett with a knee to the gut and a 2 count. Barrett with knees to the head now. Barrett runs into a big boot and goes down. Miz ducks a clothesline and makes a comeback. Miz with a neckbreaker and backbreaker combo for a 2 count. Barrett counters with a Wasteland attempt but Miz blocks it. Barrett blocks Skull Crushing Finale. Barrett catches Miz with Winds of Change for 2.
Miz avoids the Bullhammer Elbow and locks in the Figure Four. Barrett makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Barrett gets in a rake to the eyes behind the ref’s back. Barrett nails Wasteland for a close 2 count. Miz with a takedown and another Figure Four. Barrett taps out to end the match.
Winner and New WWE Intercontinental Champion: The Miz
– After the match, The Miz goes to celebrate with fans at ringside. His mother is in the crowd. We go to replays.
– It starts to lightly sprinkle rain now. We go back to the pre-show hosts. They talk about John Cena vs. The Rock. JR says Cena and Rock have a lot of DNA. He predicts if it goes under 30 minutes, Rock wins. If it goes longer, Cena takes the WWE Title. Dusty says it will be an epic battle. We go to a video for Rock vs. Cena.
– The WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view opens with a video from New Jersey Governor Chris Christie talking about 2012’s Hurricane Sandy that wrecked the Northeast. The video highlights the recovery and re-building that has gone on. New York Tough, Jersey Strong is the theme. Christie says the people are unbreakable and unstoppable. Christie welcomes us to the land he loves. He welcomes us to WrestleMania.
– We’re live from MetLife Stadium as Diddy’s song plays. Michael Cole welcomes us to WrestleMania 29. Members of the New Jersey National Guard is on the stage with American flags. We go to an opening promo video for tonight’s show.
The Shield vs. Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show
We’re back inside MetLife Stadium and out first comes Sheamus to kick off the matches. Randy Orton is out next followed by Big Show. They head to the ring as a group. Cole is joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler on commentary. Out next comes Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to a decent pop. They come through the crowd.
Sheamus and Reigns start the match off. They go to the corner and trade big blows. Sheamus turns it around and then Reigns does the same. Reigns with a big headbutt and a back elbow. Sheamus takes Reigns off his feet. Sheamus blocks a hip toss and knocks Reigns down with a clothesline for a 1 count. Orton comes in to a big pop and they double team Reigns. Orton works Reigns over. Rollins tags in but Orton dropkicks him. Orton takes Rollins to the corner and hits him with right hands as the crowd counts to 10. Orton with a slingshot suplex and a tag to Sheamus. They double team Rollins. Rollins ducks a clothesline and takes out the knee of Sheamus. Ambrose comes in and they stomp away on Sheamus in their corner. Ambrose goes at it with Sheamus now.
It’s Big Show and Ambrose now. Show opens his protective vest and hits a bunch of big chops to the chest as the crowd pops. Big Show with a big back splash int he corner. Ambrose dropkicks Show’s knee and tags in Rollins. Rollins with a knee from the top rope and boots to the head every time Show tries to get up. Rollins with a 2 count. Reigns comes in and knocks Show down for another pin attempt. Ambrose comes back in and beats Show back down. They keep Show down and in their corner with quick tags. Reigns is back in to keep Show on the mat. Show overpowers Reigns and slams him finally. Rollins knocks Orton off the apron but gets backdropped by Show. Sheamus tags in and unloads on Rollins. Sheamus with a high running knee before tossing Rollins to the apron. Sheamus with the forearm shots to the bare chest of Rollins.
Ambrose comes in but also gets forearms to the chest. Sheamus with the rolling senton for Ambrose and then one on top of him with Rollins. Sheamus goes to the top but Reigns knocks him off. They brawl on the outside now. Rollins comes leaping out of the ring and hits the barrier. All three of them get Sheamus alone in the ring and go for the triple powerbomb but Show spears them all and makes the save. Sheamus goes to tag Show but Orton steals the tag and unloads on Ambrose. Orton with the powerslam. Orton gets hype and hits the second rope draping DDT on Ambrose. Show isn’t happy about Orton taking the pin. Orton drops down for the RKO. Rollins springboards in but Orton catches him with a RKO in mid-air. Reigns comes in and spears Orton while the referee isn’t looking. Ambrose gets the pin on Orton for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– After the match, The Shield celebrates for a second before exiting through the crowd. Orton gets up in the ring while Sheamus is on the outside. Big Show asks Orton what happened and they start yelling at each other. Sheamus comes in the ring but Show just knocks him out. Show turns around and knocks Orton out. There’s some boos for Big Show as he walks to the back.
– We get a promo video for John Cena vs. The Rock.
– We see Snooki and her husband at ringside.
Mark Henry vs. Ryback
We go to the ring and out first comes Mark Henry. We see a replay of the weightlifting challenge from SmackDown. Out next comes Ryback.
The bell rings and they come face to face in the middle of the ring. They have words and back up. They collide and neither will budge. Ryback beats his chest. They collide again and the same thing happens. Henry nails a right hand. Ryback with one of his one. They’re trading big right hands now. Ryback hits two clotheslines but Henry stops the third with a huge show of force. Henry scoops Ryback and hits a big running powerslam for a 1 count.
Ryback kicks Henry and turns it around. Ryback goes for a suplex but Henry blocks it and drops Ryback over top of the ropes. Henry sends Ryback into the ring post while he’s on the apron. Henry knocks Ryback off and to the floor. The referee begins his count now. Ryback comes in but Henry keeps control and works him over. Henry with a big bear hug now. Henry breaks it and goes back to work on the ribs. Henry sends Ryback to the mat and wastes some time. Henry clotheslines Ryback to the floor and taunts the crowd. Ryback makes it back in at the 9 count and Henry goes back to work on him. Ryback tries to fight back but Henry knocks him down and applies another bear hug.
Henry with another big scoop slam and bear hug. Ryback tries to fight back and rams Henry into the corner. Ryback with shoulder thrusts. Ryback with a clothesline in the corner. Ryback gets a “Feed Me More” chant going and hits the Meathook clothesline on Henry. Ryback goes for Shellshocked, lifts Henry up but Henry grabs the top rope and falls down hard on top of Ryback. Henry covers for the pin and the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, the referee calls for trainers to come check on Ryback. Henry comes back into the ring and tells everyone to get out, to let Ryback suffer. Henry turns around to a spinebuster from Ryback. Ryback nails a big Shellshocked and we go to replays. Ryback gets a chant going after the match as his music plays.
– The announcers play with some Mattel toys before introducing a video to announce WWE will be a founding partner for the 2014 Special Olympic games. We see some Special Olympic athletes on the stage with organization officials officials, Stephanie McMahon and NJ Governor Chris Christie.
– They air a video for the contest to win WrestleMania XXX tickets.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out first comes AJ Lee with Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. We get a look back at RAW when Big E ran through Kane. Out next come the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan.
Bryan starts things off with Ziggler. Ziggler has AJ come to the apron for a kiss, just like Bryan did last year. Ziggler turns around to a kick to the head from Bryan and a close 2 count. Ziggler escapes to the floor. Bryan runs the ropes and nails a suicide dive on the outside. Bryan brings it back in the ring and kicks away. Ziggler ducks the last one and tags in Big E. Bryan tags in Kane. They lock up and Big E sends Kane to the ropes. They trade shots. Big E catches Kane in mid-air and hits a knee to the spine and then another. Big E drops Kane over his knee again and tosses him to the mat. Big E with more offense. He runs into a big boot. Kane goes for a chokeslam but Big E fights out of wails away. Kane whips Big E into the ropes but Big E runs over him.
Ziggler comes back in and dropkicks Kane for a 2 count. Ziggler holds Kane and in comes Big E with a big right hands. Big E with more offense on Kane. Kane catches Big E with a DDT and he goes down. Ziggler runs in and knocks Bryan off the apron. Kane drops Ziggler and clotheslines him in the corner. Ziggler misses a splash in the corner. Kane with a big sidewalk slam for a 2 count. Kane goes to the top and misses when he comes down. Ziggler with the big leg drop for a 2 count as Bryan breaks the pin. Ziggler dropkicks Bryan and sends him to the floor. Ziggler goes to the top but Kane hits him with a right hand on the way down. 2 count by Kane as Big E breaks the pin. Big E grabs Kane but has his finisher blocked. Kane tosses Big E to the floor. Bryan runs the apron and hits a knee to the face on Big E. Ziggler nails Kane from behind for a close 2 count.
AJ slides the briefcase in and distracts the referee. Ziggler misses the case shot and gets chokeslammed after a big boot. Bryan tags in and nails the headbutt from the top on Ziggler for the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
– After the match, we get replays. Bryan gets the fans to do a big “yes” chant.
– We get a John Cena video for Make-A-Wish.
Fandango vs. Chris Jericho
Fandango’s music hits and out come a bunch of salsa dancers at the entrance-way. Fandango comes out next with a different dancer, not NXT’s Summer Rae. Out next comes Chris Jericho to a big pop.
Jericho gets a big fireworks display over MetLife Stadium for his entrance. The crowd chants for Jericho as the bell rings. Fandango strikes a pose and dances around a little to start the match. Jericho tackles him and here we go. Jericho with big chops on the ropes. Fandango escapes to the floor to regroup. Jericho follows him. Fandango comes back in but Jericho tackles him again with more right hands. Jericho keeps control and beats Fandango down in the corner. Jericho drops Fandango over the top rope and he lands hard on the mat. The fans are really coming alive for Jericho. Jericho nails a Codebreaker and Fandango flies out of the ring.
Jericho leaps to the floor and takes Fandango down. Jericho works Fandango over around the ring before bringing him back in. Jericho slaps Fandango around and throws him out of the ring. Fandango comes back in and catches Jericho with a kick off a springboard. Fandango finally turns things around. Fandango with a 2 count and right hands on Jericho. Fandango strikes a pose over Jericho and goes back to stomping on him. Fandango with a headlock now. Jericho looks like he’s cut open above the nose. Jericho fights to his feet but Fandango keeps control. Back and forth now. Jericho goes to the top and nails a double ax handle. Fandango blocks the bulldog but Jericho nails a Thesz Press and some right hands. Jericho with an enziguri for a 2 count.
Jericho nails a crossbody from the top but Fandango kicks out at 2. Fandango turns it around and sends Jericho shoulder first into the ring post. Fandango works Jericho over now and sends him face first into the mat. Fandango goes up top for the big leg drop and nails it but Jericho kicks out at 2. Jericho comes back with a clothesline. More back and forth. Fandango goes to the top but Jericho knocks him down. Jericho takes Fandango up for a superplex but Fandango knocks him to the mat. Fandango misses the top rope leg drop. Jericho misses a Lionsault but goes for the Walls of Jericho. Jericho sells a knee injury. Fandango rolls him up for the win.
– After the match, Fandango exits with his dancer as Jericho looks on from the ring. We go to replays.
– We get a look back at The Miz winning the Intercontinental Title from Wade Barrett on the pre-show. Cole hypes tonight’s post-show and shows us another video for Cena vs. Rock.
– We go back inside MetLife Stadium and see a video for Cena and Rock playing on the big screens. Diddy comes out and starts his musical performance with a version of Victory. It looks like he comes from under the stage. Diddy gives a shout out to NY and NJ. He says this is the home of the wildest, craziest, loudest WWE fans in the whole world. Diddy does a verse from “Mo Money, Mo Problems” next and then “All About the Benjamins.” Next he gives shout outs to the victims of Hurricane Sandy before doing “Coming Home,” the WrestleMania theme song.
– Cole thanks Diddy for being WWE’s Global Ambassador for their anti-bullying campaign.
– We get a video for tonight’s World Heavyweight Title match.
World Heavyweight Title Match: Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio
We’re back inside MetLife and Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter are in the ring after driving the Patriot Mobile to the ring, a camouflaged cart. Zeb takes the mic and rips New York City and various nationalities. Zen says real Americans aren’t afraid to do something about the problem and tonight, Swagger will reclaim this country by becoming World Heavyweight Champion. Swagger ends it with a, “WE THE PEOPLE!” Alberto Del Rio’s music hits next and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez to do his introduction. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio and he’s wearing a robe.
Lilian Garcia does formal ring introductions and here we go. Swagger takes Del Rio to the corner and hits him with right hands. Del Rio turns it around and kicks Swagger down. Swagger goes to the floor but Del Rio hits a big kick through the ropes. Del Rio beats Swagger up on the floor before bringing him back in the ring. Del Rio goes to the top but Colter distracts him. Swagger knocks Del Rio from the top and sends him into the ring post. Swagger with big knee shots in the corner. Swagger nails a big clothesline for a 2 count. Swagger takes Del Rio to the mat but he fights up and out. Swagger counters and rolls Del Rio up for 2. Swagger with a big boot to the head. Swagger keeps control and works on Del Rio’s leg, slamming it into the ring post. Del Rio counters and pulls Swagger’s arm into the ring post. Del Rio fights Swagger off and kicks him back into the fan barrier.
Swagger runs into a big boot and Del Rio takes control. Del Rio with the bit tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio kicks Zeb in the hand it looks like. Del Rio with a kick to the face and a 2 count on Swagger. Swagger dumps Del Rio on his head and covers for a 2 count. Swagger charges and takes out Del Rio’s knee. Swagger applies the Patriot Lock but Del Rio rolls and kicks him back. Del Rio misses an enziguri. Del Rio blocks a Swagger Bomb. Del Rio with 10 shots to the back and backstabber in the corner. 2 count for Del Rio. Swagger gets up and they trade holds. Del Rio with a German suplex. A “we want Ziggler” chant emerges from the crowd. Swagger with a powerbomb for a 2 count. Swagger goes for the Patriot Lock but Del Rio fights it and reaches for the ropes. Swagger pulls him back from the ropes but Del Rio rolls through the hold. Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker. Swagger breaks out and turns it into the Patriot Lock again.
Del Rio gets the ropes but Swagger uses the 5 count before breaking the hold. Swagger misses the gutwrench and Del Rio kicks him in the back of the head. Del Rio goes on and gets a 2 count when Zeb puts Swagger’s foot on the bottom rope. Ricardo comes over and Zeb kicks his bad ankle and he goes down. Del Rio corners Zeb, who has a crutch in hand. Swagger comes out and attacks Del Rio from behind. Swagger tosses Del Rio into the fan barrier. Swagger brings it back in the ring but Del Rio goes right to the cross armbreaker. Swagger taps out for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– Justin Roberts gives a shout out to members of the New Jersey National Guard in the crowd.
– We get a promo video for CM Punk vs. The Undertaker.
CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
The band Living Colour comes out first to perform “Cult of Personality.” Out comes CM Punk with Paul Heyman right behind him. Punk gestures to the band and Heyman has the urn in hand.
Punk hits the ring and Heyman holds the urn up high. Punk is wearing purple kickpads tonight. Punk starts yelling when the gong hits and the lights go out. He’s ready. The Undertaker’s entrance begins and the crowd is into it like usual. Punk and Heyman stare Taker down as the flames rise up and he marches to the ring. Taker makes fireworks pop as he enters the ring and Punk waits on the outside and juggles the urn around.
The bell rings and Punk starts mind games and smacks Taker. Punk unloads on Taker in the corner. Taker comes out of the corner and throws Punk into it. Punk with more cat and mouse. Taker manages to run over him with a big boot to the jaw. Taker tosses Punk out of the ring and follows. The crowd is still cheering. Taker works Punk over on the floor with right hands to the face. Taker whips Punk hard into the fan barrier and he goes over it into the timekeeper’s area. Taker slams Punk’s face into the Spanish announce table. Taker takes the TV’s off the table. The referee is busy telling Heyman to get back. Taker rams Punk into the ring post. Taker brings Punk back in the ring and hits him in the head with a right. The ref warns Taker not to get disqualified. Punk lays on the apron as Taker goes to the apron and hits the big leg drop.
Taker brings Punk back in the ring and keeps control. The referee continues to warn Taker. Taker works on Punk’s shoulder now. Taker climbs up with Punk’s arm and walks the ropes for Old School but Punk breaks it with a deep arm drag. Punk goes to work with stomps and a right hand now. Punk works on Taker’s arm now. Punk grabs Taker’s arm and walks the ropes for Old School. Punk hits Taker with his own move and the crowd roars. Punk with a side Russian leg sweep for a 2 count. Punk with another hold on the arm. Taker turns it around in the corner now. Taker whips Punk hard across the ring but misses a big boot. Taker goes knee first into the turnbuckles and goes down. Punk dropkicks Taker out of the ring. Punk climbs to the top and leaps out, crashing into Taker and the floor. Punk motions to the urn and brings Taker back in the ring. Punk with a neckbreaker for a 2 count.
Taker works on the shoulder and hits some right hands but Punk counters with another neckbreaker for 2. Heyman cheers him on from ringside. Taker fights out of a hold and suplexes Punk. Taker runs into a big boot. Punk goes for Old School for a second time but wastes time and falls with the top rope between his leg. Taker knocks Punk out of the ring. Taker runs the ropes for a dive but Heyman gets on the apron. Taker grabs him and chokes him. Taker turns and Punk springboards in for a 2 count. Punk with the high knee in the corner and a clothesline. Punk goes back to the top for the big elbow drop and nails it. Punk covers for a 2 count. Punk gestures to the urn again. Punk calls for GTS but Taker slides out of it. Taker nails a big chokeslam for a 2 count.
They get up and trade right hands. Taker unloads in the corner and pushes the referee’s warning away. Taker with a big splash in the corner. Taker hits snake Eyes but Punk comes right back with a dropkick for 2. Punk clotheslines Taker out of the ring as the crowd chants. Punk clears off the Spanish announce table but turns around to a right from Taker. Taker with a headbutt. Taker goes for a powerbomb through the announce table but Punk slides out and kicks Taker onto the table. Punk goes to the top rope and leaps out with an elbow drop, hitting Taker on the announce table. He lands hard on Taker’s chest and the table doesn’t break. Taker rolls off the table and the referee checks o both of them.
Punk rolls back in and Taker just makes it in at the 9 count. Punk crawls over but Taker goes for Hell’s Gate. Punk tries to fight it off and turns it into a 2 count. Punk goes for the Anaconda Vice and gets it locked in. Heyman yells at Taker to tap out. 2 count by Punk. Taker sits up and stares Punk in his eyes. Taker breaks the hold and gets to his feet, still locking eyes. Taker turns it into a chokeslam but Punk counters it. Punk barely hits GTS. Taker nails a Tombstone piledriver but Punk kicks out right before the 3 count. Taker is bleeding a little bit from his forehead now. They trade lefts and rights from their knees now. They keep trading shots and fight to their feet. It’s a slugfest as the crowd gets into it. They come face to face and Taker grabs him for a chokeslam. The referee goes down. Heyman gets on the apron and distracts Taker. He turns around to a kick from Punk. Punk with a high knee in the corner. Taker grabs him out of it for Last Ride but Punk grabs the urn and nails him in the head with it. Punk mocks Taker’s signature pose but he kicks out right before 3.
Taker fights out of GTS. Punk counters a Tombstone. Punk goes for GTS again but it’s blocked. Taker turns it into a Tombstone and nails it in the middle of the ring. Taker covers Punk for the win. The Streak lives on at 21-0.
Winner: The Undertaker
– We get replays after the match. The Undertaker poses after the match and drops to the urn, which is sitting in the ring. It looks like he might be tearing up. The lights go out, then the pyro and fireworks go off over MetLife Stadium. Taker grabs the urn and leaves the ring as the fans cheer. The flames rise as Taker heads up the entrance way. A big 21-0 flashes on the big screen. Taker looks back at the ring, looks back at the screen and raises his fist to a big pop.
– We get another promo for tonight’s main event.
– They air a video for tonight’s No Holds Barred match.
No Holds Barred Match: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
We go to the ring and out first comes Shawn Michaels to be in Triple H’s corner. Brock Lesnar is out next with Paul Heyman right behind him. Out next comes Triple H. He comes out through his big King of Kings skull structure.
Fireworks go off around the top of MetLife Stadium as Triple H wraps up his entrance. Lesnar charges and here we go. They trade shots. Lesnar with big knees to the gut and the face. They tumble out to the floor. Triple H whips Lesnar hard into the barrier. HHH slams his head into the apron and then the announce table. HHH wails away on the floor now. Lesnar comes back with a big kick and rams HHH into the apron. Lesnar sends HHH over the barrier. He grabs a steel chair but HHH clotheslines him. Lesnar blocks a chair shot and brings HHH back in the ring. Lesnar brings the chair in but HHH blocks it with a high knee to the jaw. Heyman grabs the chair from the ring before HHH can grab it. HHH tosses Lesnar out of the ring and follows. Lesnar with a shot to the gut. HHH sends him into the steel steps. Lesnar counters and hits a big belly to belly throw on the floor.
Lesnar drops HHH’s face over the announce table as HBK looks on. Lesnar scoops HHH again and just tosses him through the announce table, breaking it into pieces. Lesnar lets out a crazy yell and throws his arms up for HHH to get up. Lesnar with more shots on the floor. Lesnar with another big throw on top of the destroyed table. Lesnar is yelling now as he waits on HHH to get up. Lesnar drags HHH like he’s nothing but drops him to chase Shawn Michaels off. Lesnar brings it back in the ring and stands over HHH with his arms up. The crowd gives him a mixed reaction. HHH tells him to bring it in the corner and Lesnar beats him down, stomping away. HHH with a jawbreaker but Lesnar flattens him with a clothesline for a 2 count. Lesnar with more big kicks to the gut. HHH fights out but Lesnar keeps control. Lesnar runs into a big boot but still manages another throw across the ring for 2.
Lesnar keeps control with another big suplex and 2 count. Lesnar with another toss across the ring and pin attempt. Lesnar looks to be getting frustrated now. They reverse Irish whips and Lesnar sends HHH over the top rope and out to the floor in front of HBK. HBK backs off as Lesnar comes out after HHH. HHH takes advantage and clotheslines Lesnar on the floor while he’s looking at HBK. HHH makes a comeback and clotheslines Lesnar into the timekeeper’s area. HHH brings it back in the ring after a chairshot. Lesnar blocks HHH and hits another big suplex for 2. HBK gets knocked off the apron by Lesnar. Lesnar turns around to a spinebuster from HHH. HHH goes for a Pedigree but Lesnar goes for the F5. HBK comes in with Sweet Chin Music but Lesnar blocks it. Lesnar drops HBK with a F5. HHH nails a Pedigree and covers Lesnar for 2.
Lesnar ducks a sledgehammer shot and drops HHH with a F5. HHH barely kicks out in time. Lesnar is bleeding from his mouth. Lesnar grabs a chair and whacks HHH on the floor with it. Lesnar whips HHH hard into the steel steps. Lesnar grabs a piece of the steps and nails HHH in the head with it. Lesnar tosses the other half of the steps into the ring and sits it right side up. Lesnar cuts his own throat and charges with the steel steps again, knocking HHH out. Lesnar covers for another 2 count. Lesnar yells at HHH in his face. HHH responds with a huge slap to the face and the crowd goes nuts. HHH fights back. Lesnar blocks a Pedigree and goes for the Kimura lock. He gets it in but HHH breaks. Lesnar locks it in again. HHH tries to fight out of the hold and eventually does. Lesnar applies the hold for the third time. Lesnar with knees to the face. He sits on the top rope and applies the Kimura again. HHH fights up and slams Lesnar, breaking the hold. Lesnar charges and hits the ring post instead. HHH with a low blow that is legal. HHH drags Lesnar to the ring post and slams his arm into it. Lesnar screams in pain.
HHH wraps his arm around the ring post and nails it with a steel chair. HHH back in the ring with another big shot. HHH uses the Kimura on Lesnar now. Lesnar looks to be tapping out but screams for Heyman to help. Heyman grabs a chair but turns around to Sweet Chin Music from HBK. HHH keeps the Kimura locked in but Lesnar won’t tap. Lesnar fights to his feet with HHH wrapped around him. Lesnar slams HHH onto the steel steps. HHH goes right back to the Kimura. Lesnar looks to tap again but lifts up and slams HHH back onto the steps. HHH goes right back to the Kimura again. Lesnar fights up a third time but this time HHH drops him with a DDT onto the steel steps. Lesnar’s head hits and he rolls off the steps to the mat. HHH grabs the sledgehammer and nails Lesnar in the head with it. HHH gets pumped as the crowd cheers. HHH hits a Pedigree on top of the steel steps and covers Lesnar for the win.
Winner: Triple H
– After the match, HBK comes in the ring to celebrate with Triple H. We go to replays. HHH poses with the sledgehammer and hugs HBK to end it.
– We see highlights from last night’s 2013 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony. We’re in the ring with Howard Finkel as he introduces the Hall of Famers on the stage – Mick Foley, Booker T, Trish Stratus, Bob Backlund, Donald Trump and Bruno Sammartino. Sammartino gets his own music as the headliner. Trump was met with boos but not as bad as expected. The crowd applauds the Hall of Famers as they wave.
– We get a promo for WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans next year. “Let the good times roll” is the tagline.
– Justin Roberts announces an attendance record of 80,676. The Diddy theme song plays and fireworks go off around MetLife Stadium.
WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. The Rock
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event. No mention of the eight-person match being dropped. John Cena is out first to a huge round of boos from the crowd. As usual Cena doesn’t seem phased by the boos. He greets NFL star Michael Strahan at ringside. Cena runs the ropes as his music plays. It feels like they’re rushing on time here. WWE Champion The Rock is out next to a big pop.
Justin Roberts does formal ring introductions to start and Cena gets a mixed reaction, mostly boos. The bell rings and here we go. They lock up and trade a hold. Cena drops Rock first with a shoulder. They lock up again and Rock drops Cena with a shoulder. They run the ropes and play leap frog. Rock with a big hip toss. Cena goes to the floor to regroup. They go to lock up again and go to the corner. Cena with right hands. Cena whips Rock hard into the corner and he goes down. More back and forth. Rock with a kick to the face. Rock works Cena over on the apron now. They come back in the ring and Cena clotheslines Rock. Cena with a 2 count. Cena with a headlock now.
Cena fights out of a hold and slams Rock for a 2 count. More back and forth. Rock applies a sleeper hold. Cena powers out and slams Rock for a 2 count as the crowd boos. Cena stomps on Rock now. Cena misses an elbow and Rock nails a Samoan Drop. They trade shots and Cena hits a suplex for another pin attempt. Rock comes fighting out of the corner but Cena drops him with a shoulder. Cena misses another shoulder. Rock blocks a STF attempt. Cena with more shoulder tackles. Rock counters the backdrop and goes for a Sharpshooter. Rock locks it in. Cena breaks it but misses the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Rock drops Cena with a DDT. Cena blocks a Rock Bottom and locks in the STF. Rock turns it into a pin attempt. Cena takes back control and catapults Rock into the corner. Cena with a backdrop. This time he nails the Five Knuckle Shuffle.
More back and forth. Rock nails a spinebuster. Cena blocks a People’s Elbow attempt and locks in the STF. Rock powers out of the STF and nails a Rock Bottom for a 2 count. Cena nails an Attitude Adjustment for 2. Cena misses a leg drop from the top. Rock nails a spinebuster again. Rock finally hits the People’s Elbow and covers Cena for 2. Rock brings Cena back in the ring and they start trading shots. Rock unloads and goes for a crossbody but Cena catches him. Cena goes for the AA but Rock counters with a Rock Bottom for a 2 count. Rock mocks Cena and goes for a Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena catches him and hits an AA for a close 2 count. They get up and trade shots again. Cena rolls Rock up for a 2 count. Cena blocks a Rock Bottom and nails a Rock Bottom of his own. Rock kicks out at 2.
Cena stands there for a Five Knuckle Shuffle but stops and smiles. He goes for a People’s Elbow like last year and mocks The Rock. Rock gets up for the counter but Cena suckered him in and holds on to the ropes. Cena goes for an AA but Rock counters and hits a Rock Bottom for another close 2 count. Cena goes for another AA but Rock counters. More back and forth. Rock blocks another AA. Cena blocks a Rock Bottom with elbows to the head. Cena goes for another AA but it’s blocked. Rock nails a big DDT. Rock waits for Cena to get up. Cena blocks the Rock Bottom and nails the AA for the win.
Winner and New WWE Champion: John Cena
– After the match, Cena celebrates and is handed the WWE Title belt. We go to replays. We come back and both men are on their feet now. They meet and Cena says what looks to be friendly words to Rock. Rock responds and the music stops. They shake hands and hug. The Rock’s music hits and he stands there as Cena exits the ring with the belt. Rock mouths to the fans that he loves them before making his exit. Rock goes to ringside and greets Betty Skaaland, his mother, his girlfriend and his daughter. Rock walks up the entrance way and meets Cena. They salute each other. They raise each others hands as fireworks go off around MetLife Stadium. Cena’s music hits and he raises the WWE Title belt. Rock walks off to the back. WrestleMania 29 goes off the air with Cena celebrating.
|Jim Ross Speaks On The Undertaker Losing At WrestleMania 32, WWE Global Cruiserweight Series, John Cena|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|6||The League Of Nations Splitting Up This Week|
|5||The WWE Network Cracking Down On People Sharing Their Account - Details|
|5||Report: WWE Looking Into The Ric Flair Airport Incident|
|5||TNA Star Re-Signs With The Promotion|
|4||WWE Files New Trademark, Slammy Awards Category Removed From The WWE Network, Enzo Amore|