- The 2014 WWE Extreme Rules pre-show kicks off with Josh Mathews, Booker T, Alex Riley and special guest Sheamus. We see fans filing into the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The fans in the arena are already chanting “yes!” Sheamus says this is one of his favorite pay-per-views of the year. Mathews hypes the first-ever WeeLC Match. Riley predicts Hornswoggle win, Booker goes with El Torito and Sheamus picks Hornswoggle as well. Mathews also hypes tonight’s main event. We see what happened with Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Brie Bella on RAW.
- The panel talks about Kane vs. Daniel Bryan. Sheamus and Booker agree that having Brie out there is a distraction. We see El Torito backstage warming up with Los Matadores. We also see Hornswoggle getting ready with 3MB. The panel talks about John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt and we get a video package for that match. The panel talks more about the match before we go to JBL, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler at ringside. There’s also a mini-version of Lawler, JBL and Cole at a mini announcers table.
WeeLC Match: El Torito vs. Hornswoggle
We go to the ring and there’s a mini ring announcer and a mini referee also. Out first comes El Torito with Los Matadores. The mini versions of Cole, JBL and Lawler are actually doing some commentary. Hornswoggle is out next with 3MB.
They lock up and go at it. Torito with a hurricanrana that sends Hornswoggle out of the ring. Torito leaps out onto Hornswoggle and 3MB. They do some comedy until Torito brings a steel chair from under the ring. He just throws it. He pulls out a mini chair and uses it to jump into a headstand on the corner followed by a Bronco Buster. Jinder Mahal gets involved and the referee gets hit. Hornswoggle accidentally crotches Jinder. Torito sends Jinder out of the ring. Fans chant for tables. Hornswoggle clotheslines Torito. 3MB hand Hornswoggle a mini ladder but he tosses it. He gets a bigger mini ladder and climbs up. Hornswoggle goes for a splash but Torito moves. Torito with a roll up for 2. We go to promos.
We come back. During the break, one of the Matadores got backdropped through a mini table on the floor. Hornswoggle keeps control in the ring now. He hits Rolling Thunder on top of a chair. Hornswoggle slams Torito on the floor and tears apart the mini announce table. Hornswoggle puts Torito on top of the table, goes back to the apron and then splashes Torito through it. The crowd pops. A “this is awesome” chant starts up as 3MB check on Hornswoggle. Matadores are still down on the floor as 3MB helps Hornswoggle. Hornswoggle with a chair shot on Torito. Hornswoggle accidentally knocks Heath Slater from the apron through a mini table on the floor. Matadores stop Jinder and Drew McIntyre from helping Hornswoggle put Torito through a table. Torito knocks himself, Matadores and Jinder through ladders and tables on the floor. Hornswoggle puts Torito on a table on the floor. Drew runs the ropes and leaps out but Torito moves and Drew crashes through the table. Torito with a chair to Hornswoggle’s face. Torito takes down Slater. Torito springboards in and puts Hornswoggle through a table for the pin.
Winner: El Torito
- After the match, the mini announcers lead us to replays.
- Byron Saxton is backstage with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter. Zeb rips on Rob Van Dam, Cesaro and Paul Heyman. Zeb says Swagger is a Real American and has everything it takes to win. He rips New Jersey and salutes.
- The panel talks more about tonight’s card. We get a video for Evolution vs. The Shield. The panel talks more about the match and that’s it for the pre-show.
- The 2014 WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view kicks off with a video package for Evolution vs. The Shield, Kane vs. Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena. We’re live from the Izod Center in East Rutherford as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us to Extreme Rules.
Triple Threat Elimination Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger
We go to the ring and out first comes Rob Van Dam to a big pop. Lilian Garcia does the introductions. Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger are out next followed by Cesaro and Paul Heyman.
Heyman cuts a promo on the stage and says WWE only does it right one night year. He baits the fans and starts bragging about Brock Lesnar ending The Streak. Heyman then praises Cesaro and introduces him as they head to the ring. The bell rings and they all start going at it. RVD fights them both off but they double team him. Cesaro kicks and uppercuts Swagger. Cesaro with more uppercuts. Swagger with a big powerslam on Cesaro. RVD with forearms on Swagger. RVD nails a thrust kick. RVD catapults Cesaro out of the corner and on top of Swagger. Fans pop for RVD as he covers Swagger for 2.
More back and forth. Cesaro catches a RVD crossbody but Swagger boots them both to the mat. Swagger with a 2 count. Swagger brings RVD back in from the floor and hits him with knees in the corner. RVD back drops Swagger to the floor. Cesaro backdrops RVD to the floor but RVD hangs on and powerbombs Cesaro on the floor. RVD gets up but Swagger runs over him with a clothesline. Swagger brings RVD back in the ring for a 2 count. Swagger slams RVD on the back of his head for another close 2 count. Swagger with another slam. Swagger nails a Swagger Bomb but RVD kicks out at 2. Cesaro runs in and drops Swagger. Cesaro hits the Cesaro Swing.
RVD breaks up the Swing and covers Cesaro for 2. RVD goes to the top. Swagger runs up and slams him on his face. Swagger with the Patriot Lock. RVD rolls through and kicks Swagger. Cesaro with a springboard uppercut on Swagger, breaking the other struggle. Swagger and Cesaro go at it now. Cesaro stands on the second rope and superplexes Swagger from the apron. RVD nails a Fivestar Frogsplash and steals the pin on Swagger. There was some confusion at first about if he was pinned or not but Swagger is eliminated.
Cesaro with 3 gutwrench slams for a 2 count. Fans chant for Cesaro as Heyman cheers him on. More back and forth. Cesaro blocks a kick and nails a German for 2. RVD goes to the floor but Cesaro leaps off the ring and decks him. Cesaro tosses RVD hard into the fan barrier. Cesaro climbs up on the barrier but RVD takes his leg out. RVD goes to the apron and leaps all the way out, nailing a kick across the back of Cesaro’s neck. A big “ECW” chant starts. RVD goes back in and poses. Cesaro comes in and RVD nails Rolling Thunder for a 2 count. RVD nails a split legged moonsault for another 2 count.
RVD brings a trash can from under the ring but Cesaro baseball slides it into him. Fans chant for tables. Cesaro brings RVD back in and grabs the trash can. RVD blocks it and takes him down with a scissors for 2. RVD tosses the can and kicks it into Cesaro’s head. RVD puts the can on top of Cesaro. He goes to the top for a Fivestar but Cesaro moves. Cesaro hits a Neutralizer on top of the can for the win.
- After the match, we go to replays as Heyman joins Cesaro in the ring to celebrate.
- A trainer is backstage checking out Daniel Bryan when Stephanie McMahon walks in. She’s concerned about Bryan’s safety because she can’t control Kane and Bryan has been in bad shape. She says Bryan doesn’t have to compete tonight, he could officially surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Title. The crowd boos and starts a “no!” chant. Bryan tells Stephanie to get out of his face. He says he’s walking in champions and somehow, he’s leaving the same way. Stephanie doesn’t think Bryan will leave champion. She says he’s going to be walking out as Kane’s bitch. We go to a Bo Dallas vignette.
Handicap Match: Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth and Xavier Woods
Lana comes out and says tonight they dedicate this match tot he most powerful man in the world, the man who makes fools out of Americans, the man she respects more than any other.. her role model, her idol – Russian President Vladimir Putin. Putin’s face shows on the big screen as fans boo and chant USA. Lana introduces Alexander Rusev next and out he comes. R-Truth and Xavier Woods are out next. Rusev kicks Woods off the apron and attacks Truth before the match can even begin. Rusev raises the apron and throws Woods into the steel frame of the ring. He tosses Truth in the ring. Rusev with a big overhead suplex on the floor to Woods. He comes in the ring and the referee holds him back.
Truth says he’s good to go and we get the bell. A “we want Lana” chant starts as they go at it in the corner. Rusev takes control and hits a big back splash in the corner. Rusev runs into a boot next. Woods is still down on the floor. Truth catches Rusev with another kick to the jaw. Truth with a big right hand in the corner and a dropkick from the ropes. Rusev misses a clothesline and Truth takes him back down with an elbow. Truth with the scissors kick for a 2 count.
More back and forth. Rusev comes off his feet with a big kick from the ropes. Lana tells Rusev to crush him. Rusev hits the big side slam. Rusev with The Accolade on Truth for the win.
Winner: Alexander Rusev
- We go to replays and see how Woods was taken out before the match began. Lana and Rusev exit the ring as trainers are checking on Woods at ringside. Lana points at him. Rusev grabs Woods and hits another big overhead slam on the floor. Rusev poses over Woods and Lana nods in approval before they make their exit.
- Lilian Garcia plugs the Special Olympics games and gets an applause for some of the athletes at ringside.
- Renee Young is backstage with Evolution. Triple H says they all have egos and it’s well deserved. He brags about having 31 world titles between them. Randy Orton says The Shield will perish tonight and you can believe in that. The crowd boos.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Bad News Barrett vs. Big E
We go to the ring and out first comes Bad News Barrett to a pop. Barrett cuts a promo about how the MERS virus has landed in the US but even that will pale in comparison to how he’s going to do Big E tonight before taking the IC title. Out next comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E.
Big E strikes first and takes Barrett down with a shoulder tackle. Barrett goes to the floor to regroup. Big E follows and Barrett kicks him. Fans chant for Barrett as Big E works him over on the floor. E spears Barrett into the ring post and brings him back in. Barrett superkicks E back out of the ring. Barrett leaps off the apron with a big elbow drop on the floor. Barrett rolls E back in for a 2 count. Barrett with right hands and some showing off. Big E blocks a suplex and hits one of his own.
More back and forth. Barrett counters and hits a suplex. Barrett with a crossbody and a 2 count. Barrett with a big boot to the face and more stomps. Barrett ends up booting Big E down on the apron. Barrett puts E on top of the top turnbuckle and beats on his back. Barrett charges but E meets him with a big belly to belly suplex. E runs over Barrett and hits another belly to belly. Fans boo as E spears Barrett and knocks him back out of the ring. Big E goes to suplex Barrett in from the apron but Barrett fights back. Big E runs the ropes and spears Barrett off the apron. They both land hard on the floor.
Big E brings it back in for a 2 count. Big E misses a splash and Barrett nails Winds of Change for a 2 count. Big E misses a shoulder thrust in the corner. Barrett nails Wasteland for another close 2 count. Barrett calls for the Bad News Bullhammer but Big E catches him in a big slam for another 2 count. Big E runs the ropes and nails a splash. He drops the straps and fans boo. Big E goes for the Big Ending but Barrett slides out and shoves him in the corner. Big E ducks the elbow but Barrett comes back and nails it for the win.
Winner and New WWE Intercontinental Champion: Bad News Barrett
- We get an Adam Rose vignette.
- We get the video package for Evolution and The Shield.
The Shield vs. Evolution
We go to the ring and out first comes Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista. The Shield makes them wait but finally the music hits and out comes United States Champion Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.
Both teams face off in the ring. The referee tells them to ring the bell but it doesn’t look like it is and they all start brawling. The Shield clears the ring and the crowd pops. Finally we get the bell and it’s Rollins going at it with Triple H. Rollins works Triple H over and takes him down with a big knee. Rollins with a splash in the corner. Rollins clotheslines Triple H over the top rope and dives out onto him. They come back in the ring and Triple H hits a big clothesline on Rollins.
Batista comes in and fans boo. Batista works Rollins over and hits him with knees in the corner. Orton tags in as fans start to chant “you can’t wrestle” at Batista. Triple H with a cheap shot while the referee is distracted. Orton stomps away on Rollins. Orton catapults Rollins under the bottom rope and tags in Triple H. Triple H keeps control of Rollins and hits the knee to the jaw. Batista comes back in to more boos. Batista with a big kick to the head and a 2 count on Rollins. Orton tags in for more double teaming. Orton drops Rollins over the top rope and slams him for a 2 count. Orton with a headlock now. Rollins breaks it with a big side slam. Batista and Triple H run in to stop a tag from happening. Rollins finally counters and nails Orton with an enziguri.
Ambrose runs in and dropkicks Orton. Ambrose unloads and takes Orton to the corner for lots of stomps. Ambrose knocks Batista off the apron and drops Orton again. Ambrose takes down Triple H and applies a Figure Four on Orton. Reigns comes in and clears the ring. Reigns tosses Batista into the barrier. Reigns goes to spear Triple H on the floor but Triple H moves and he hits the steps. Orton and Ambrose are back in the corner now. Triple H joins in as does Batista for a 3 on 1 beatdown. Batista kicks Ambrose out of the ring. A big “Boo-tista” chant starts up. Batista clotheslines Ambrose for a 2 count. Orton tags back in and nails a big clothesline for another 2 count. Orton with stomps now. Orton with another headlock.
Ambrose fights up and out but Orton dropkicks him for 2. Triple H comes back in and drops Ambrose. Triple H with lefts and rights in the corner. Triple H runs into a big boot but nails a spinebuster on Ambrose for another 2 count. Batista tags in to more big boos. Batista with an elbow off the ropes for another pin attempt. Another “you can’t wrestle chant” starts as Batista has a submission applied. Ambrose breaks the hold but gets dropped with a boot. Triple H comes back in. Ambrose backdrops Triple H and drops him with a DDT. Reigns and Batista come in. Batista goes down. Reigns also hits Orton. Reigns with a big right hand off the ropes on Batista. And another. Reigns with a splash in the corner and a right hand on Batista. Orton gets clotheslined over the top. Reigns hits the big apron dropkick on Batista. He takes out Triple H and Orton on the floor too. Reigns comes back in but Batista grabs him for a Batista Bomb. Rollins leaps in and breaks that up. Reigns with a Superman punch on Batista. Reigns mocks Batista and goes for the triple powerbomb. They hit it and Triple H and Orton stop the pin at 2. Orton and Ambrose brawl on the floor. Rollins leaps out but misses and hits the barrier. Triple H nails a Pedigree on Reigns in the ring. Batista is the legal man. Ambrose runs in and brawls back out of the ring with Triple H. Batista covers Reigns for a 2 count. Orton crawls in and nails a RKO on Reigns. Batista covers but Rollins breaks the pin at 2. Orton pulls Rollins out and they brawl on the floor.
A cameraman goes down as the brawl is all over the floor. Triple H and Orton work over Rollins in the timekeeper’s area. Ambrose runs across the tables and leaps onto them. Ambrose and Rollins brawl into the crowd with Triple H and Orton. They fight high up the steps. Orton goes down. Ambrose tumbles down a flight of stairs. Orton and Triple H stalk Ambrose down the steps. Rollins is still down somewhere. Batista and Reigns are still down in the ring. Out of nowhere, Rollins leaps from a balcony up high from the stands and takes out Triple H, Orton and Ambrose. Batista and Reigns get up. Reigns eats a spinebuster. Fans boo Batista. Batista goes for a Batista Bomb but Reigns slides out and nails a Superman punch. Reigns readies for a spear and nails it for the win.
Winners: The Shield
- After the match, we see Ambrose, Rollins, Orton and Triple H still down up on the steps. Reigns gets up as The Shield music hits and we go to replays. Reigns heads up to where they are and The Shield pose together.
- We get a video package for John Cena and Bray Wyatt.
Steel Cage Match: John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
We go to the cage and out first comes John Cena. The Wyatt Family is out next to a pop as the fans clap along with their theme song.
Erick Rowan and Luke Harper watch as Wyatt heads towards the cage from his rocking chair. Bray shakes the cage before making his way in. He whispers something to Rowan and something to Harper before walking in. The bell rings and here we go. Bray charges but Cena dodges it and applies a headlock. Bray turns it around and drops Cena to a pop. Bray poses and clotheslines Cena from behind. Fans chant for Wyatt. Bray rubs it in to Cena and keeps up the attack in the corner.
More back and forth. Cena with a suplex to a lot of boos. Cena looks to climb up the cage and is met with stares from Rowan and Harper. Cena jumps back down but Wyatt drops him with a right hand. We get the dueling Cena chants now. Cena blocks a shot into the steel and fights back. Bray blocks him and tosses Cena into the steel. Wyatt keeps control and covers for a 2 count. The cage door is opened and Wyatt goes to leave but Cena stops him. Cena catapults Wyatt head first into the cage. Cena climbs the cage again but Rowan and Harper taunt him on the other side. Cena climbs over the top of the cage but Wyatt grabs him by the head and pulls him back over. Cena knocks Wyatt to the mat. Cena climbs back over the top but here comes Wyatt. Bray brings him back over and they trade shots on the top rope. Cena knocks Bray back down. Bray crotches Cena on the top. Cena turns upside down in the corner and Bray splashes him for a 2 count.
Bray smiles. Cena blocks a toss by going down. Bray with a chokeslam for another 2 count. Wyatt blocks an Attitude Adjustment but Cena nails a dropkick. Cena climbs the cage. Bray stands up and walks upside down to the opened cage door. Cena drops down and stops him again. Bray runs over Cena with a forearm and covers for 2. Bray tosses Cena into the side of the cage again. Cena counters and tosses Bray into the cage this time. Cena with the shoulders off the ropes as the crowd boos. Cena with the slam and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Bray counters an AA and climbs up the side of the cage. Cena grabs Wyatt and nails a big sitdown powerbomb for 2. Cena asks for the door to be opened but Rowan shuts it and taunts Cena. Cena struggles with Rowan to get the door opened. He gets one foot out but Harper comes over to help. Wyatt attacks Cena from behind. Wyatt drops Cena on his face for another 2 count.
Bray turns upside down in the corner but misses the splash. Cena climbs up and over the cage. Rowan climbs up and gets Cena on his shoulders. Rowan forces Cena back up the cage and into it. Cena and Wyatt trade shots on the apron again. Cena slams Wyatt to the mat for a 2 count. Cena climbs the cage but Harper climbs up on the opposite side. Harper meets Cena at the top of the cage and knocks him back over. Harper comes over on the top rope with Cena and now Harper is inside the cage, down on the mat. The door is opened as Wyatt goes for it. Cena climbs over at the same time. Cena slams the cage door into Wyatt’s head. Rowan waits on Cena to drop and has a steel chair in hand. Cena climbs back up and into the cage. Bray tosses Cena on his head. Bray with the splash for a 2 count. Cena blocks Sister Abigail and locks in STF. The door is opened. Wyatt crawls to the door while he’s in the STF. The hold is broken. Wyatt tries to crawl out but Cena holds his legs. Rowan pulls on Bray’s arm. Cena pulls Bray back into the middle of the cage. Cena sends Harper into the side of the cage. Wyatt sends Cena into the side of the cage. Wyatt climbs up and Cena follows. They trade shots up high again. Cena with an AA from the second rope.
Cena covers but Harper breaks the pin at 2. Cena with a clothesline. Cena clutches his hurt arm but climbs back up. Rowan climbs up on the opposite side. He decks Cena on the top of the cage. Rowan beats Cena back to the top rope. Cena grabs Rowan by his beard and slams his face into the steel on top of the cage. Cena with a top rope leg drop on Harper. Everyone is down but Cena. The door is opened as Cena crawls for it. Cena goes to leave the cage but the Wyatts graphic flashes and the lights go out. We hear a distorted voice singing “in his hands” but the lights come on and we see it’s a kid. Cena looks shocked. Bray comes from behind and nails Sister Abigail. The kid waits outside of the cage door as Bray Wyatt exits for the win.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
- After the bell, Bray hugs the kid and laughs. The Wyatt Family music hits as Rowan and Harper each hold one of the kids hands and they walk up the entrance together. Cena looks on from the cage as Bray laughs at him. The Wyatt Family poses with the kid before heading to the back. We come back to the announcers and the crowd is booing Cena.
- We go back to the panel to talk about what’s happened so far. We see highlights from El Torito vs. Hornswoggle on the pre-show.
WWE Divas Title Match: Tamina Snuka vs. Paige
We go to the ring and out first comes Tamina Snuka. WWE Divas Champion Paige is out next to a nice pop.
They lock up and go at it. Paige takes Tamina to the corner and stomps away. Paige with a takedown and a 2 count. Paige with another roll up. Paige trips Tamina into the ropes and works her over with knees. Tamina with a big shot that sends Paige to the mat out of nowhere. Tamina brings it back in for a 2 count. Tamina argues with the referee and goes back to work on Paige. Tamina whips Paige hard into the corner and she goes down. Tamina with a big scoop slam and another 2 count.
Tamina with two more slams, some trash talking and a 2 count. Paige finally comes back and they both tumble out of the ring. Paige kicks Tamina and goes for a head scissors off the apron but Tamina catches her and slings her head into the barrier. Tamina takes Paige to the top but Paige counters and turns it into a powerbomb. Paige with a 2 count that was botched by the referee. Paige comes back and slams Tamina on her face for another close 2 count. Tamina counters with a big slam of her own for 2. Paige catches the superkick and turns it into the Scorpion Crosslock for the win.
- We go backstage to The Wyatt Family and the kid. Bray tells little Johnny he did a good job. He says they are free and their message is out now. Bray says soon Cena will have to join them. The little kid with the distorted voice says Cena will follow the buzzards. The kid puts on a sheep mask and that’s it.
- We get a promo for tonight’s main event.
Extreme Rules Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan wastes no time as he attacks Kane on the way in. They go to the ring and then back out to the floor. Kane destroys Bryan around ringside and throws him back in. Kane tosses chairs in. Kane turns around to a kendo stick shot. Bryan comes off the top but gets knocked out of mid-air. Kane with a big chair shot to the back. Kane slams Bryan through chairs for a 2 count.
More back and forth. Bryan with a missile dropkick that sends Kane out. Bryan dives through the ropes and fans start chanting. Bryan takes the top off the announcers table and nails Kane with it. Bryan takes a monitor off the table and nails him with that. Another shot with a piece of the table, and another. Kane fights back and slams Bryan into the Spanish table. Kane smacks Bryan with a piece of the table now. Kane climbs up on the Spanish table with Bryan. Bryan blocks a chokeslam and sends Kane to the floor. Kane runs into a knee. Bryan runs off the table and nails a tornado DDT on the floor. Bryan with more kicks until Kane tosses him into the steps.
Bryan stops a Tombstone on the steps. Bryan with kendo stick shots. Kane beats Bryan back into the gorilla position area and keeps up the attack. Kane throws a plugged in TV into some water. Kane keeps up the attack and they fight out into the area where production trucks are parked. Bryan beats Kane with a shovel and then mounts him on top of a car with right hands. Kane back drops Bryan on top of the car. Kane tosses a cylinder but Bryan moves and it smashed the windshield. Kane swings while Bryan is against another car but he moves and Kane’s fist goes through the window. Bryan takes a crowbar out of the trunk and decks Kane with it. Kane appears to be out and Bryan can’t drag him. Bryan drags Kane onto a pallet that’s slid onto the forks of a forklift. Kane moves and Bryan beats him with the crowbar some more. Bryan drives the forklift with Kane up on the pallet.
Bryan drives the forklift to the ring and raises the pallet up with Kane, above the top rope. Bryan tilts the forks and Kane rolls off into the ring. Bryan climbs up on the forks and steps out onto the pallet. Bryan leads a big “yes!” chant before leaping off with a diving headbutt on Kane. Bryan covers but Kane kicks out at 2. Bryan gets another chant going. Kane sits up and goes for a chokeslam but it’s botched. Kane nails it and covers for a 2 count.
Kane grabs a chair and cuts his own throat. Bryan counters a Tombstone on the chair and DDT’s Kane for a 2 count. Bryan with chairshots to the back now, several of them. Bryan with the Yes Lock now. Kane breaks the hold and smacks Bryan with a kendo stick. Bryan uses the kendo stick as leverage in the hold. Kane pulls himself out of the ring and breaks the hold. Bryan dives through the ropes but Kane catches him in mid-air and chokeslams him through the announcers table. Kane sets up a regular table at ringside. He pulls out some gasoline from under the ring and soaks the table. Kane lights the table on fire. Kane goes to the apron but Bryan counters and knocks him through the burning table. Crew members immediately spray Kane with fire extinguishers. This sends Kane stumbling into the ring where Bryan nails the flying knee for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Bryan celebrates with his belts. Kane recovers and sends Bryan running. Bryan retreats to the stage and Kane makes it explode. Extreme Rules goes off the air with Kane’s music playing as he and Bryan stare each other down.
- The post-show opens with the panel talking about what just happened. Sheamus says Extreme Rules was one of the best pay-per-views he’s seen. We see a press conference setting in the back as they wait on Daniel Bryan. Fans leaving the arena start chanting for Sheamus. The panel talks more about Kane and Bryan. – We go backstage for Bryan’s post-match press conference. He’s asked if this was the most brutal match of his career and how he’s feeling. He’s thrilled but his body feels horrible. Bryan is asked if it’s the same Kane he once tagged with. Bryan says Kane has changed but he’s still the same person. Bryan isn’t sure if he and Kane are done. He’s still upset about Kane putting his hands on Brie. Bryan says the fans are the reason for everything. He thanks them for supporting him. Bryan says he loves to wrestle but he can also fight. Bryan expected the match to be brutal but not that brutal. We go back to the panel.
- The panel talks more about John Cena and Bray Wyatt. We see press conference video of The Wyatt Family. Bray says he came from nothing and has never been anything but tonight he is something. They tip the table over on the way out. We get a look back at The Shield defeating Evolution. We see The Shield at the press conference earlier. Rollins says they are better than everybody and make everyone step their game up. Reigns says they aren’t worried about how The Authority will retaliate. They talk more about dominating and what makes them more of a team than Evolution. Rollins said that Orton was soft when he started his career. We go back to the panel for more talk on The Shield. The panel goes over the other matches at Extreme Rules. We get press conference video of Cesaro and Paul Heyman next. Heyman says pretty soon everyone will have a score to settle with Cesaro because there’s not one person in the locker room that Cesaro can’t beat. Heyman apologizes to Cesaro for subjecting him to this post-match press conference and we go back to the panel. Mathews sends us back to post-match conference video with Zeb and Swagger. Swagger says he isn’t jealous of Cesaro. Zeb says they’re focused on singles competition but are also still looking for a new partner for Swagger. RVD’s post-match presser is next. He says he definitely has unfinished business with Cesaro. RVD says there will be another night and we’ll see what happens then. We go back to the panel to talk about Bad News Barrett defeating Big E.
- We get post-match presser footage from Barrett and Big E. The panel wraps it up finally and that’s it for the post-show.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|5||Photo: CM Punk and AJ Lee First Wedding Picture|
|5||WWE RAW Results - September 01, 2014|
|5||Former WWE Superstar Explains Why He's Not Accepting the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge|
|5||WWE Announces Jerry Springer for Next Week's RAW|
|3||Drew McIntyre on Being Vince's "Chosen One", Leaving WWE, Wrestling Getting a Bad Rap|