– Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show opens up with Josh Mathews, Booker T, Alex Riley and special guest Paul Heyman as fans pile into the Quicken Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. Heyman says he’s not here to talk about basketball or hockey, he’s here to talk about RAW. Booker talks about The Authority addressing the roster at the top of the hour. Riley reveals you can use the code “preshow” for 20% off WWEShop.com if you order $25 or more. The offer is only available during the pre-show. Mathews talks about Money In the Bank.
– We get a replay from last week of Stephanie McMahon’s announcement on Daniel Bryan and the pay-per-view. We go back to the panel to talk about The Authority, Bryan and the title. We see Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox going at it for a Superstars match. Riley picks Bray Wyatt to win the ladder match. Heyman obviously goes with Cesaro and reminds everyone that Brock Lesnar ended The Streak. We go backstage to Renee Young and Vickie Guerrero. Renee asks what The Authority has in store. Vickie says she was just told to gather a certain number of Superstars. Vickie says everything is just fine with her relationship with Stephanie. The panel talks more about what the announcement could be.
– We come back from Network commercials and get a video package on Seth Rollins. Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler is announced for later tonight. Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt is also announced. The panel talks more about Money In the Bank. Heyman says he represents Brock Lesnar, represents Cesaro and represents his own interests. We go to more Network commercials. The panel talks about comedian Kevin Hart hosting tonight’s show. More talk from the panel as Rob Van Dam and Jack Swagger go at it for Superstars. Riley predicts Seth Rollins will be added to the ladder match. We see Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler making their way out. Booker brags about his Hall of Fame ring and Riley says he’s working on his, trust him. More talk from the panel and that’s it for the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with Michael Cole welcoming us. The WWE roster has been gathered up on the stage. We see the WWE World Heavyweight Title hanging above the ring. Triple H’s music hits and he makes his way out with Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie pats Seth Rollins on the back as does Triple H. Triple H also had some small talk with Cena it looked like. The Authority heads to the ring.
After a recap of last week’s announcement, Stephanie takes the mic and welcomes us to RAW. She says they’ve gathered the Divas and Superstars for a meeting so they can let everyone know they care. She brings up the roster not having a WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Triple H says the Superstars lay it on the line every day of the year to prove they’re the best in hopes of being called the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Stephanie says with the title, you’re immortalized and starts praising Triple H as fans boo. She says WWE is only as strong as its champion. She says it’s unfortunate that everyone has been represented by a B+ champion like Daniel Bryan. A big “yes!” chant breaks out. Stephanie says yes it’s true, he is a B+ player. Triple H says Bryan has no heart. They go on and are excited because standing on the stage tonight may very well be the next champion. Stephanie says they’re all about opportunity. She asks who will qualify for the match tonight. There will be a battle royal tonight. Triple H says certain Superstars have refused to evolve and they won’t be in the battle royal. Those Superstars are Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and John Cena. Triple H tells Cena not to get excited. Triple H says Cena lives to help others and mocks him. He says Stephanie promised a match and can’t deliver it because Bryan is injured. Triple H says Cena can get a chance to be in the ladder match if he wins a Stretcher Match against Kane tonight. Kane’s music hits and Cena looks ready to fight. We see an ambulance back up beside the stage as the roster looks on and Kane’s music plays. The Authority looks on and laughs as the stretcher is removed from the ambulance by two EMT’s.
– We go to the announcers to hype tonight’s show, including Kevin Hart’s appearance. Kane comes out and makes the stage explode. He stares at the ambulance and stretcher. RAW goes to commercial.
Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler
We come back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler. We see the Special Olympics logo on the ramp tonight as Cole talks about the games. Seth Rollins is out next.
They lock up and trade holds. Ziggler drops Rollins with a shoulder. Rollins turns it around and stomps away on Ziggler. Rollins smacks Ziggler around. Ziggler with a big hip toss for a 2 count. A “you sold out” chant starts as Rollins goes to the floor for a breather. They lock up again and Rollins takes Ziggler to the mat. Ziggler ends up hitting a dropkick. Rollins whips Ziggler hard into the corner and he goes down. We go to commercial.
We come back and Ziggler ends up on the floor. Rollins goes to dive through the second rope but Ziggler stops him with a right hand. More back and forth. Ziggler drops Rollins. Rollins blocks a neckbreaker and drops Ziggler with an enziguri. Ziggler pulls a DDT out for a 2 count. More back and forth. Rollins blocks the Fame-asser but Ziggler counters and drops Rollins for a close 2 count. Ziggler blocks a move and locks in the sleeper hold. Rollins breaks that. More back and forth. Ziggler nails the Fame-asser for a very close 2 count. Rollins counters another hold but lands on his feet. Ziggler with another close 2 count. Rollins blocks a DDT and turns it into a powerbomb on the turnbuckles. Rollins powerbombs Ziggler into another corner and nails the curb stomp. Rollins goes for the pin but Dean Ambrose runs in and attacks him..
Winner by DQ: Seth Rollins
– Ambrose unloads on Rollins but Rollins escapes the ring and heads up the ramp. Ambrose looks on and takes the mic. He says it’s not going to be over until he get his hands on Rollins’ extremely punchable face. Ambrose tells Rollins to come and fight him like a man. Triple H appears on the big screen and mocks Ambrose. Triple H has some bad news for Ambrose. Out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett.
Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett
Ambrose is wrestling in his jeans and a tank top. Barrett comes out for a non-title match as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Ambrose unloads off the ropes and pummels Barrett with punches. Ambrose with a thrust in the corner and more offense. Barrett turns it around and hits a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Barrett drops a big elbow for another pin attempt. Barrett keeps Ambrose on the mat now.
Ambrose fights out and backdrops Barrett. Barrett comes back with big kicks to the head for a 2 count. Ambrose unloads out of the corner with lefts and rights. Ambrose clotheslines Barrett to the floor and leaps out onto him. More back and forth. Ambrose ends up down on the floor. Barrett works him over some more and slams him on his injured arm. We go to another commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is still in control of Ambrose outside of the ring. Barrett rams him into the apron and brings it back in for a 2 count. Barrett continues to work on the injured arm. Ambrose makes a comeback with one arm. Ambrose with a thrust in the corner and more shots. Barrett runs into a shoulder. Ambrose with a tornado DDT out of the corner for a 2 count. Barrett fights back but Ambrose drops him for another 2 count. Ambrose with right hands now. Ambrose runs into Winds of Change. Ambrose slides out of Wasteland and rolls Barrett up for 2. Ambrose comes back with a big clothesline off the ropes. Ambrose rallies but we see Seth Rollins standing on the announcers table. Rollins gets on the apron and Ambrose knocks him to the floor. Ambrose tosses Barrett to the floor and leaps out onto them both as the crowd pops.
Rollins escapes through the crowd and Ambrose follows him while Barrett rolls back in the ring. Ambrose gets counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Bad News Barrett
– After the bell, Ambrose comes back in and lays Barrett out from behind as the crowd pops. Ambrose nails Dirty Deeds and fans cheer as his new theme song plays.
– Roman Reigns catches up with Vickie Guerrero and asks her if she can put in a good word for him to get in the battle royal. He flirts with her a little and says she might want to kiss The Authority’s butt for the rest of her career. Vickie rushes off to get creamer for The Authority’s coffee. It looks like Reigns puts something in their coffee. Reigns asks when she’s going to tell them to take the job and shove it. Vickie sneezes in their coffee and walks off as Reigns smiles.
– Still to come, Kane vs. Kane in a Stretcher Match.
Bray Wyatt vs. Sheamus
The Wyatt Family appears on the big screen and tells Cleveland that they’re here. We go to commercial.
We come back and we see a ladder set up in the ring with the belts hanging from the rafters. The Wyatt Family theme hits and out they come as fans fill the arena with lights. Wyatt laughs. He says you have nothing in this world without power. Wyatt talks about how power is addicting. He says power will be the downfall of all mankind as we know it, man. Wyatt goes on and points at the titles, saying that represents all the power he could ever need. Wyatt tells the people to look at his brothers, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. He says they are going to fight at Money In the Bank and will destroy The Usos to take their power. Bray talks more about power and influence. He says he will stand at the top of the ladder at Money In the Bank and change the world forever. Bray says his absolution, his glory and the change that we’ve been praying for is hanging above the ladder. Bray promises us he will get the title and then can truly say he’s got the whole world in his hands. Bray and the fans start singing. WWE United States Champion Sheamus is out next to interrupt.
Sheamus points out it’s bad luck to walk under a ladder. Sheamus talks as he approaches the ring and threatens to shove his boot down Bray’s throat. Bray says he likes that. Sheamus says enough talking, it’s time to fight fella. Sheamus hits the ring as Rowan and Harper go to ringside. They lock up and go tot he corner. Sheamus backs off and Bray drops down laughing. Bray threatens a swing. They trade shots now. Sheamus takes Bray to the corner and they trade more shots. Bray backs Sheamus into the corner and works him over now. Sheamus fights Bray into another corner with a bunch of headbutts. Bray comes back with big shots to the back. Bray with a big right hand in the corner. More back and forth in the corners. Sheamus takes Bray down but Bray tackles him with more big right hands. Bray whips Sheamus hard into the corner. Sheamus comes back with a suplex after blocking Wyatt. Sheamus with right hands on the mat now. Sheamus with an elbow to the back of the head and a neckbreaker for a 2 count.
More back and forth. Sheamus nails a big clothesline and more big shots. Sheamus goes to the second rope and nails a right hand for a 1 count as Bray rolls to the apron. Sheamus goes for the forearms but Bray fights him off. Sheamus knocks Bray out to the floor. Sheamus follows but Rowan and Harper surround him. The music hits and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos to even the odds. Both teams face off as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt is in control. More back and forth. Wyatt with another pin attempt. Sheamus nails a bunch of elbows and tosses Wyatt to the apron for the forearm shots to the chest. Wyatt blocks White Noise and kicks Sheamus in the face. Sheamus catches Wyatt with a big powerslam. The match falls apart when The Usos and Rowan and Harper get involved with a ladder. Sheamus holds a ladder as a ramp over the ropes while The Usos run up it and leap out onto The Wyatt Family. Sheamus tosses the ladder at Rowan and Harper. His music hits and he poses with The Usos as Rowan and Harper try to recover.
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
– Vickie walks up on Triple H and Stephanie in their office with the coffee. Triple H accidentally knocks it all over her. They send her on her way.
– Still to come, comedian Kevin Hart and the big battle royal. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see the lights flashing on the ambulance beside the stage. Cole hypes tonight’s Stretcher Match.
– Renee Young is backstage with Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie is still drinking what Vickie brought her. Renee asks Stephanie who she thinks will win the battle royal tonight. Stephanie starts to get a little flustered. She runs off in a hurry and says may the best man win. Paul Heyman walks up and cuts a promo on Money In the Bank. He gives a spoiler – Cesaro will win. Heyman says that’s not just a prediction, that’s a spoiler.
– We get a look back at Rusev’s recent medal ceremony.
Heath Slater vs. Rusev
Heath Slater waits in the ring and Lawler mentions he’s a one man band now. Justin Roberts introduces Lana and Rusev. No promo on the stage for Lana tonight. Rusev comes out waving the Russian flag.
Lana takes the mic in the ring as fans chant USA. She tells them to shut up and listen. More heat from the crowd. She says America is a nation founded by weaklings. She goes on and praises Russian President Vladimir Putin, showing his face on the big screen as fans boo. Lana says out time is fast approaching that we will be forced to drop to our knees. She shows a graphic of Mount Rushmore replaced with Putin, Rusev, Stalin and Gorbachev. Rusev cuts a promo and says he is the super athlete. We get ready for the match but Slater has something to say. Slater says week after week they come out here talking about how good Russia is and if it’s so good, maybe they should go back. Fans pop for Slater. He says he and the fans are tired of hearing it. Tonight, Rusev is going against The American Rockstar in the USA, Slater says. The bell rings and Slater unloads on Rusev.
Rusev fires back and levels Slater with a superkick. Lana tells Rusev to crush. He stomps on Slater and applies The Accolade for the easy win.
– After the match, Lana comes in the ring and Rusev breaks the hold. They pose as we go to replays.
– We see Triple H backstage checking on Stephanie. She’s shut herself in a bathroom and sounds like she’s throwing up. Triple H asks Vickie what she put in the coffee and she says nothing. Triple H sends Vickie into the bathroom to check on Stephanie but before she walks in, two huge blasts of puke hit Stephanie in the face. Stephanie comes out hunched over and she’s crying. Vickie is covered in puke and looks like she’s about to puke herself. Triple H tells her she’s in charge tonight and to make sure everything goes right with the battle royal. Vickie throws a fit and starts screaming after they leave. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Roman Reigns knocks on Vickie’s door. She’s still covered in puke and upset. Reigns says most likely Stephanie is going to fire her next week but she can still do something to stand up to them and something positive. Reigns wants in the battle royal. Vickie is so upset she lets Reigns in the match. She slams the door in his face and he walks off.
– Cole leads us to a trailer for Kevin Hart’s new movie Think Like a Man 2 that comes out this Friday. Renee is backstage with Hart and he’s happy to be here. He plugs his movie but is interrupted by Adam Rose and his Rosebuds. Rose introduces himself and says Hart’s new movie is fantastic. Rose says Hart should stop thinking like a man and start thinking like a Rosebud. Rose invites Hart on the Exotic Express but he’s not interested. Rose tells Hart not to be a lemon and they leave humming the song. Renee wishes Hart good luck on commentary tonight and he says it will be great. Hart walks off humming Rose’s theme.
– Back from the break and out comes Kevin Hart to a pop. Hart joins the announcers for some funny commentary.
Fandango and Layla vs. Summer Rae and Adam Rose
We go to the ring and out comes Fandango and Layla with Hart poking fun. Summer Rae is out next followed by her partner Adam Rose with the Rosebuds.
Fans start humming the Rose song as the match starts. They lock up and go to the corner. Layla tags in and slaps Rose. Summer comes in and tackles Layla. They roll around and catfight. Layla trips Summer and tags in Fandango. He runs in and hits a knee to the head on Rose. Summer chases Layla up the ramp and to the back.
Rose quickly his the Party Foul for the win.
Winners: Adam Rose and Summer Rae
– After the match, Rose parties as the Rosebuds make their way to ringside. JBL tells Kevin Hart “don’t do it!” but Hart goes in the ring to goof around with Rose. Hart and Rose fall from the apron on top of the Rosebuds and crowd surf up the ramp. JBL wonders why Kevin Hart would do something like this and can’t believe it happened.
– Up next is the big battle royal. We go to commercial.
Money In the Bank Qualifying Battle Royal: Titus O’Neil, Sin Cara, Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, Big E, Ryback, Damien Sandow, Rusev, Bo Dallas, Jack Swagger, Diego, Fernando, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Xavier Woods, Rob Van Dam, Bad News Barrett, Curtis Axel and Roman Reigns
Back from the break and the ring is filled with Superstars. Roman Reigns makes his way out through the crowd. Reigns has a slightly modified version of The Shield’s theme it sounds like.
Sandow is wearing a LeBron James jersey. Everyone gangs up on him when the bell rings and Sandow is eliminated. Santino works on Axel now. Reigns works on Rusev. Bo almost gets eliminated but hangs on. Kofi works on Swagger. Rusev dominates one of the Matadores in the corner and just shoves him off. Rusev superkicks the other out and Los Matadores are eliminated. Big E works on Barrett. Ryback works on Ziggler. Rusev eliminates Xavier Woods and he hits the steel steps on his way out.
Ziggler gets dropped on the apron but hangs on. Reigns eliminates Titus and goes at it with Barrett. Swagger and Cara go at it on the apron. Cara goes to the top and leaps off but Swagger catapults him over the top. Cara is eliminated. Kofi tries to eliminate Swagger but he hangs on. Ziggler has a sleeper on Ryback. Rusev works over Kofi in the corner now. RVD goes at it with Fandango. Big E works on Axel. Rusev comes close to eliminating Ziggler. Big E works over Ryback in the corner now. Ryback saves Axel from a beatdown. Big E comes close to getting Barrett out. Bo works on Reigns in the corner. Rusev works on Ryback now. Kofi hangs on several times and eliminates Swagger. We go to commercial and Cole teases eliminations on the WWE App.
Back from the break and Rusev has Reigns down in a corner. During the break, Ryback eliminated Kofi Kingston. Ryback and Axel eliminate Dolph Ziggler now. Fans boo. Rusev gets double teamed in the corner now. Bo works over Fandango. Reigns beats Bo around until Ryback takes Reigns to the corner. Reigns fights off Ryback and Axel. Reigns hits a Samoan Drop on Barrett. Reigns ducks Rusev and nails a Superman punch on him. Ryback nails Reigns from behind but Reigns fires right back. Fandango takes over but Reigns throws him to the apron. Axel drops Reigns with a kick. Ryback and Axel try to double team Reigns but he hits a double spear. Reigns eliminates Fandango with a Superman punch. Rusev levels Reigns. Big E with a belly to belly on Rusev. Reigns eliminates Ryback and Axel. Barrett with a Bullhammer on Big E. Rusev drops Reigns with a big kick.
RVD goes at it with Barrett and Bo. RVD drops Bo but Barrett levels RVD with a big boot. They double team RVD now. RVD fights them off and hits a thrust kick on Barrett. Bo pushes RVD from behind and RVD is eliminated. Barrett hits a Bullhammer on Bo but he hangs on. Big E works on Rusev. Reigns eliminates Barrett. Bo tries to eliminate Reigns but can’t. Bo eliminates Big E. Reigns eliminates Bo. It’s down to Rusev and Reigns as the fans pop. Lots of back and forth as they go at it. Reigns finally gets the win after a Superman punch to send Rusev off the apron. Reigns is going to Money In the Bank.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, we go to replays. We see the belts hanging above the ring as Reigns celebrates the win and the spot at Money In the Bank. Reigns points up at the titles.
– Renee is backstage with John Cena for his reaction to what just happened. Cena says at RAW, anything can happen. Cena talks about the Stretcher Match and cuts a promo on The Authority. Cena says he’s going to Money In the Bank because that’s best for business. Back to commercial.
Cameron vs. Paige
We go to the ring and out comes Cameron with Naomi by her side. WWE Divas Champion Paige is out next for a non-title match. This match came about after an altercation on the WWE App.
The bell rings and they have words. Paige takes Cameron down for a quick pin attempt. Paige tosses Cameron around by her hair and headbutts her. Paige with knees to the face now. Paige with another pin attempt. Paige takes Cameron to the corner for back elbows now. Paige has been very aggressive so far. Cameron goes to the floor and Paige chases her around and back in. Cameron asks Paige to slow down and take a time out.
Cameron gets in a cheap shot and takes control. She claps Paige again and tries for a few pin attempts. Cameron tries to unload on Paige and screams in frustration for another pin attempt. Paige counters with a suplex. Cameron pleads for Paige to back off and gets in another cheap shot. Paige fires back with clotheslines. Paige with a dropkick. Paige gets the non-title win with the PTO right in front of Naomi.
– We get a look back at what’s been going on with Cody Rhodes and Goldust. Byron Saxton is backstage with Goldust now. Saxton who Goldust thinks Cody might have for him tonight. Goldust has already met him and says he’s super galactic. We go to commercial.
Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Goldust and Stardust
Back from the break and Ryback waits in the ring with Curtis Axel. Out comes Goldust and Cody Rhodes in similar attire and face paint. He’s known as Stardust.
Goldust and Stardust unload as soon as the bell rings. Fans chant for Stardust. He springboards in with a big shot on Axel. Fans chant for Axel now. Cody nails a blockbuster out of the corner for a quick win.
Winners: Goldust and Stardust
– Cole leads us to another Special Olympics video.
– Still to come, Cena vs. Kane in a Stretcher Match. Back to commercial.
Stretcher Match: Kane vs. John Cena
Cena is out first followed by Kane. They start off brawling and go to the floor. Kane puts Cena on the stretcher early but they keep fighting. Kane whips Cena hard into the steps. Kane continues beating Cena around ringside. Cena blocks a shot into the steps and fights back. Cena slams Kane face first into the steps twice. Cena tries to put Kane on the stretcher but Kane drops him with a right hand. Kane puts Cena on the stretcher and starts pushing him up the ramp but Cena rolls off. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane is still in control. Kane goes to put Cena into a chair that’s wedged in the corner but Cena counters and sends Kane into the chair. Cena comes off the top but Kane catches him in a chokeslam and nails it. Kane goes to smash Cena with the steel steps but Cena kicks his leg out and Kane falls face first into the steps. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment on the steps but Cena counters and DDT’s Kane onto them.
Cena ends up on the floor and he’s out. Kane places Cena on the stretcher and pushes it up the ramp but Cena rolls off again. Cena fights back with right hands and runs Kane into the ring post. Cena with more lefts and rights. Kane counters and whips Cena hard into the fan barrier. Kane tears apart the announcers table but Cena gets up and puts him through it with an AA. Cena puts Kane on his shoulders and carries him around the ring to the stretcher. Cena starts to have trouble walking with Kane on his shoulders but makes it. Cena tries to lay Kane on the stretcher but it falls. Kane and Cena fall with it.
Cena rolls another stretcher over and puts Kane on it but he’s attacked by Seth Rollins and Randy Orton. They bring him to the ring and continue the attack. Orton hits Cena with a RKO. Rollins brings a chair in the ring but Dean Ambrose runs in out of nowhere and tackles him. Ambrose sends Rollins and Orton over the top rope. Kane comes in and chokeslams Ambrose. Cena gets up and sends Kane over the top rope. Cena picks up the steel steps, runs and launches them out of the ring into Kane’s face and he goes down. Cena puts Kane back on the stretcher and rolls him up to the stage. Kane rises up and grabs Cena’s throat. Cena blocks a chokeslam and does an AA onto the stretcher. Cena pushes the stretcher over the line and wins the match and the last spot at Money In the Bank.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, RAW goes off the air with Cena celebrating.
Note: There will be no live RAW post-show coverage this week. We will post any newsworthy highlights.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|30||Hulk Hogan GMA Recap: Why He Made Racist Remarks, Brooke Hogan, And WWE|
|11||WWE Releases Zahra Schreiber Today Due To Offensive Remarks|
|7||Update On WWE Doctor Chris Amann Suing CM Punk And Colt Cabana For Slander|
|7||More Controversial Social Media Posts From WWE NXT Diva Zahra Schreiber Uncovered|
|5||WWE RAW Results For August 31st, 2015: Sting Addresses Seth Rollins|