- Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show opens up with Byron Saxton, Booker T and Alex Riley at WWE headquarters. They talk about Battleground and we see how the Fatal 4 Way main event ended. They talk about John Cena and Booker wonders how long he can keep pushing. They talk about Roman Reigns next. They hype Triple H’s big announcement for Cena’s SummerSlam opponent. We get a look back at Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose from Battleground. We go to commercials.
– We come back and get a look at Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho at Battleground. It’s announced Nikki Bella will face Rosa Mendes, Eva Marie, Cameron and Alicia Fox in a handicap match. We get a look at when Brie Bella quit and slapped Stephanie McMahon. We get more talk from the panel about RAW and go to Renee Young, who is with Nikki Bella. She says she’s fearless and prepared for anything Stephanie throws her way. Nikki says she has a surprise of her own tonight that the WWE Universe won’t want to miss. We come back from more promos and they plug Flo Rida’s appearance on RAW tonight. We get a look back at The Miz winning the Intercontinental Title last night. Riley boldly predicts The Miz and Sheamus will unify their titles and Booker boldly predicts Roman Reigns will be WWE Champion within 6 months. There will be a Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho and Bray Wyatt tonight. More hype for tonight’s show and that’s it for the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Triple H coming to the ring. He says walking around backstage, nobody would look him in the eye because they’re all scared that he might blow a gasket over what happened last night with John Cena retaining the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Triple H admits he is very mad, madder than he’s been in a long time but he has options. Triple H jokes that he’s going to jump on social media and express his frustrations, maybe send an Instagram or a Vine. He jokes that if that doesn’t work, maybe me and my friend “mark” will just stop watching. Or maybe he will just fire everyone in the back. Triple H says or he can just sit back and wait until SummerSlam to win. He guaran-damn-tees that John Cena will no longer be champion after SummerSlam. Triple H wonders who gets the title shot and Randy Orton’s music hits, out he comes. He wants his rematch and has been waiting months.
Orton says he will beat Cena if given the chance. Triple H says Orton is the frontrunner but he’s going to give the whole roster a chance tonight. He wants someone to impress him, to go the extra mile and prove that they want it. Orton says if Kane would have done his job at Battleground, Orton would be standing here with the titles. Kane’s music hits and out he comes. Kane hopes he’s being considered to face Cena because he knows he can win and be the one to bring the title back to The Authority. Kane says he’s tired of babysitting Orton. Roman Reigns’ music hits and out he comes through the crowd to a big pop.
Reigns says his name deserves to be in a conversation about the title. He says nobody wants to see Cena vs. Kane and nobody wants to see Cena vs. Orton again. He says everyone wants to see Cena vs. Roman Reigns and that gets a big pop. Reigns tells them to believe that and drops Kane with a Superman punch. Orton escapes the ring and Triple H had already went to safety as well. Triple H makes a handicap match for right now and we go to commercial.
Roman Reigns vs. Kane and Randy Orton
We come back and Reigns locks up with Orton before breaking. Back and forth. Reigns drops Orton with a headbutt. Reigns mounts Orton in the corner with right hands now. Reigns with a big right hand on the mat. Orton counters and slams Reigns’ head into the mat. Kane tags in and they lock up, going to the corner.
Reigns turns it around and nails a Samoan Drop. Orton ends up coming back in and hitting a big knee to the gut. Orton drops a few stomps and tags Kane back in. Kane with a big dropkick to the face for a 1 count. Kane works Reigns over in the corner now before keeping him down on the mat. Reigns turns it around and hits a suplex for a 2 count. Kane runs into a big boot and Reigns nails a big right hand off the top for a pin attempt. Kane pulls Reigns through the second rope and out to the floor. Kane follows. Reigns reverses and sends Kane into the steel steps leg first. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton is in control of Reigns. Orton stomps away for a 2 count. More tags as they keep control of Reigns. Reigns finally nits a Samoan Drop and his apron dropkick. Reigns takes control until Kane drops him. Kane goes for a tag but Orton refuses and says he should have been there for him. This leads to Reigns hitting a Superman punch and a spear on Kane for the win as Orton looks on.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Orton comes back to the apron and teases getting in the ring as Reigns stares him down. Reigns’ music hits and they have words as we go to replays.
– Still to come, Bray Wyatt on The Highlight Reel. Also, Nikki Bella in a 4-on-1 handicap match. We see Eva Marie, Alicia Fox, Cameron and Rosa Mendes backstage. Stephanie McMahon walks up and she’s excited about tonight. She says they’re going to annihilate Nikki Bella and they like the sound of that. They walk off and we go back to commercial.
Nikki Bella vs. Eva Marie, Cameron, Alicia Fox and Rosa Mendes
Back from the break and out comes Eva, Cameron, Alicia and Rosa. Nikki Bella is out next. She stops at ringside and hugs Brie Bella, who is watching as a fan.
Stephanie’s music hits and out she comes. She taunts Brie and calls her a quitter. She says Nikki faked like she was surprised to see Brie. Stephanie says Brie went being one of the biggest Divas to just another face in the crowd because she abandoned her sister for her her husband, the B+ player Daniel Bryan. This gets a “yes!” chant going and Brie smiles at Stephanie. Stephanie blames what happens to Bryan and Nikki on Brie. Stephanie walks off and Brie calls her a bitch. Stephanie asks for security to escort her out. She presents a ticket. Stephanie tells her she’s blocking the view of other fans and tells her to sit down. Brie snatches the mic and says she’s doing this out of spite because Brie left her hand print on Stephanie’s face. Brie calls her a vindictive bitch. Stephanie slaps her. Brie tries to come over the barrier but security holds her back. Stephanie tells them to get her out of her and calls her a loser and a quitter. She calls for the bell.
The bell rings and all four Divas start beating Nikki down. Alicia hits her leg drop finisher for the easy win.
Winners: Alicia Fox, Eva Marie, Cameron and Rosa Mendes
– After the match, the Divas roll Nikki out of the ring. Stephanie tells her that was all Brie’s fault and soon, she will do just what Brie did – quit. We go to replays as Stephanie marches up the ramp.
– Still to come, guest star Flo Rida. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at what just happened with Brie and Stephanie.
Bo Dallas vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and Bo Dallas is finishing his entrance. Damien Sandow is out next and he’s dressed as LeBron James, which gets some heat. He cuts a promo about going back to Cleveland and tells Bo he should do the same – leave. They go at it and Bo unloads. Bo sends Sandow out to the floor. Sandow comes back in the ring and takes control. Fans start a “let’s go Heat” chant. More offense from Sandow as he keeps Bo grounded.
Sandow misses his elbow and Bo turns it around, hitting the running Bo-dog for the win.
Winner: Bo Dallas
– We come back from a commercial break and the announcers say we’re supposed to have The Highlight Reel but Chris Jericho was attacked by The Wyatt Family on the WWE App while he was being interviewed. Bray Wyatt appears on the big screen, gets a big pop from Miami and makes his way out with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper while the arena lights up with phones.
Bray welcomes us to The Highlight Reel and says our host can’t be here because he’s indisposed. Bray shows us video of them beating Jericho down backstage on the WWE App. Bray hit Sister Abigail into a locker room wall and laid Jericho out. Bray told Jericho that sooner or later, they all fall down. We come back to the ring. Bray says a loss in a battle means nothing to him because the war is what counts. Bray says war is his game, he created war. Bray goes on and says he’s forever.
– We go backstage and trainers are checking on Jericho. R-Truth is also there. Jericho is bleeding from his ear and trying to come to. We go back to the announcers. Still to come, Triple H’s big decision for SummerSlam. We see Flo Rida and his entourage walking backstage. He stops and greets Big E, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Emma and Naomi.
– We go to the ring and out comes new WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz. Back to commercial.
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and we get a look at the Battleground Battle Royal. Dolph Ziggler is out next to a big pop.
The Miz stalls to start and avoids Ziggler. Miz goes to the floor and Ziggler chases him around the ring. They go in and Ziggler nails a big Thesz Press. Miz protects his face and goes back to the floor. Ziggler dropkicks him into the barrier. Ziggler follows to the floor with a big chop. They come back in and Miz works Ziggler over. Ziggler turns it around and drops a bunch of elbow drops. Miz avoids the last one and goes for the ropes. Miz gets a cheap shot in and takes back control. More back and forth. They fight on the apron now. Ziggler charges and Miz drops him hard on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is making a comeback. Miz beats him down and stomps away. More offense from Miz and another 2 count. Ziggler with a quick roll up. Miz knocks him right back down and takes back control. Miz misses the big clothesline in the corner. Ziggler finally gets some offense in and looks to make a comeback. Miz rolls him up out of nowhere for a 2. Miz hits a backbreaker but Ziggler blocks a neckbreaker with a 2 count. Miz drops Ziggler for another close 2 count. More back and forth and counters. Ziggler blocks a Figure Four and drops Miz on his face for another close 2 count. Miz continues working on Ziggler’s leg and goes for the Figure Four again. Ziggler turns it into a 2 count. More back and forth. Miz finally gets the Figure Four applied. Ziggler makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Ziggler blocks another hold and nails the Fame-asser for a close 2 count. Miz blocks a Zig Zag and nails a boot to the face. Ziggler blocks Skull Crushing Finale. Another counter. Ziggler nails the Zig Zag for a non-title win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– We go backstage to Triple H and Seth Rollins. Apparently Rollins wanted the SummerSlam title shot. Triple H says there’s no reason for him to because he has the briefcase. Rollins says every time he tries to cash in, Dean Ambrose screws it up. He says Ambrose won’t stop until they shut him down for good. Cesaro walks in and makes his case for the title shot. Cesaro says as of right now, he’s no longer a Heyman Guy. He wants to be Triple H’s guy. Rollins steps in and they have words. Triple H says if Cesaro takes care of Ambrose, that would impress him. Cesaro says consider it done and shakes hands with Triple H before walking off.
– We see AJ Lee skipping backstage. She stops, smiles at Paige and they head to the ring together. Back to commercial.
AJ Lee and Paige vs. Emma and Natalya
Back from the break and Paige is out followed by WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee. Emma and Natalya wait in the ring. AJ locks up with Emma to start.
AJ takes control and sends Emma to the corner before tagging in Paige. Paige misses in the corner and Emma applies her ropes submission. Natalya tags in and goes at it with Paige. They trade moves. Natalya applies the Sharpshooter. Paige finally tags out and AJ breaks the hold. AJ hits a Shining Wizard and the Black Widow on Natalya for the win.
Winners: Paige and AJ Lee
– After the match, AJ and Paige celebrate together. AJ goes to leave but Paige grabs her hair from behind and slams her head to the mat. Paige mounts her and unloads with headbutts. Paige keeps it up and tosses AJ outside to the floor. Paige follows, screams and throws AJ into the barrier. Paige sends AJ face first into the ring post and she lands hard. Paige screams that this is her house. Fans boo her. Paige tosses AJ over the announcers table next. Paige crawls up on the announcers table and taunts AJ some more. Paige skips her way up the ramp as fans boo. We go to replays.
– Still to come, Triple H’s decision and Flo Rida. Back to commercial.
Fandango vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and Fandango is wrapping up his entrance. Zack Ryder comes out and stops on the stage. He brings out Summer Rae and Layla. They dance and head to the ring with Ryder.
The bell rings and Fandango goes to work. They trade shots but Fandango nails a dropkick. Fandango Ryder over for a pin attempt and applies a headlock. Ryder tries to fight free but Fandango keeps up the attack. Ryder slams Fandango’s face into the mat. Ryder goes to the top and Fandango runs into knees. Fandango blocks a missile dropkick and unloads on Ryder. Ryder nails a Rough Ryder for the pin and Fandango gets his foot on the bottom rope but Layla knocks it off, allowing Ryder to get the win.
Winner: Zack Ryder
– We get a look back at Brie and Stephanie from earlier.
– Renee Young is backstage with Flo Rida. She welcomes him back to WWE. Flo jokes that Triple H might be so impressed with his performance that he gets the title shot. Heath Slater walks up and asks if he remembers him. Flo doesn’t. Heath reminds him and shoves him. Flo shoves him back into a part of the set. We go to commercial.
– We come back and Stephanie McMahon is in the ring. She introduces Flo Rida. He performs some of his songs on the stage. He finishes and Stephanie asks the crowd for one more pop. The announcers plug the show until we see a situation developing at ringside. It appears detectives are trying to take Stephanie away but a member of security is trying to stop them. Fans chant “yes!” and then sing “goodbye” to Stephanie. The cop asks Stephanie if she understands her rights. One of the cops mentions an “allegation” that Stephanie assaulted Brie, something we all saw on live TV. He says that’s battery in the state of Florida. They put Stephanie in handcuffs as the crowd pops. Brie appears at the barrier and they scream at each other. Security takes Brie away and the detectives take Stephanie away in handcuffs. Stephanie argues with the police as they take her away. Cole plays up the seriousness of the situation. Triple H confronts them backstage. He asks to see their badge. Stephanie starts crying and says it was self defense. Triple H yells to get Jerry on the phone, referring to WWE’s lawyer. Triple H tells the police they better be sure of this. They put Stephanie in the back of the car and Triple H tells her to calm down. Triple H tells Jerry is on the phone and she will be out in 5 minutes. They drive away with lights on. We go to commercial.
– We come back and get replays. Joey Mercury approaches Triple H backstage about the SummerSlam title shot. Triple H says family comes first, it’s his wife. He goes to leave but stops. He says she has to get processed, the lawyers are already on their way and he’s probably got enough time. He tells Mercury to tell them he will be there as soon as he makes his decision.
Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Big E and Kofi Kingston
We go to the ring and Ryback waits with Curtis Axel while Big E and Kofi Kingston make their way out.
Good back and forth tag match. The end comes when Axel and Big E tumble out to the floor and Kofi looks to be putting Ryback away but Ryback eventually gets the pin.
Winners: Ryback and Curtis Axel
– After the match, there appears to be tension between Kofi and Big E. Xavier Woods appears in a red and white suit. He says you can’t move ahead by shaking hands and kissing babies. He says tis is their time. He says it’s up to them to find order and to find purpose. Xavier says they do not ask any longer. Now, they take. Kofi and Big E nod in agreement.
– We see Triple H backstage on the phone and we go to commercial.
– We come back and see The Wyatt Family attacking Chris Jericho earlier.
Rusev vs. The Great Khali
We go to the ring and out comes Lana and Rusev, who is waiving a Russian flag. Lana takes the mic but before she can get going, out comes The Great Khali.
They size each other up and Khali backs Rusev into the corner. Khali with a big chop to the chest. Khali with another shot but Rusev beats him into the corner. Rusev with shoulder thrusts. Rusev with more shots in the corner. Khali with a big right hand. Rusev runs into a big boot. Khali with many more chops in the corner now. Rusev stuns Khali but runs right into a big overhand chop. Rusev knocks Khali down with a shoulder and superkicks him in the face. Lana tells Rusev to crush and he stomps on Khali’s back before applying The Accolade for the win
– Rusev breaks the hold when Lana comes in the ring. They pose as the Russian flag drops down above the ring.
– We go to a preview of Sheamus on tomorrow night’s Royal Pains.
– Another bizarre backstage promo with Stardust and Goldust.
Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose to a pop. Back to commercial.
We come back and get another replay of Stephanie and Brie. Renee is backstage with an update and Stephanie has been taken downtown. We go back to the ring. Cesaro and Ambrose go at it brawling. Ambrose ends up dumping Cesaro to the floor and leaping out onto him. Ambrose sends Cesaro into the barrier and back in the ring. Cesaro takes control and works Ambrose over. We see Rollins, Orton and Triple H watching backstage. Cesaro suplexes Ambrose on the floor. Cesaro brings it back in and works on the injured shoulder.
Ambrose fights back to his feet but Cesaro drops him with a big shot to the jaw. Cesaro with more stomps. Ambrose grabs him and turns it around out of nowhere. Ambrose tosses Cesaro out of the ring and leaps out on him but leaps onto an uppercut instead. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro is working on the shoulder. Ambrose breaks free and they trade shots. Cesaro ducks a clothesline and nails a German suplex for 2. We see The Authority looking on again. Triple H is on the phone. Ambrose gets crotched on the top and hit with a big kick. Cesaro climbs up for a superplex but Ambrose blocks it. Ambrose headbutts Cesaro to the mat. Ambrose nails a dropkick. Ambrose with a cross-body and punches. Cesaro runs into an elbow. Ambrose goes to the top and hits a tornado DDT for a 2 count.
More back and forth. Ambrose sends Cesaro to the floor and leaps out onto him. Ambrose nails a big clothesline for another 2 count. Cesaro hits the shoulder and another clothesline. Cesaro with a 2 count now. Cesaro gets Ambrose upside down in the corner and unloads away until the referee backs him off. Ambrose throws Cesaro’s shoulder into the ring post a few times. Ambrose goes outside for a steel chair and the crowd pops. Ambrose swings it at Cesaro’s shoulder up against the ring post and gets disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Cesaro
– After the bell, Ambrose tosses another chair in the ring but Cesaro has already left.
– Renee is backstage with Triple H. He’s going to the ring for his announcement. She asks if he should be with his wife right now and he glares at her. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Triple H is in the ring. He brings out John Cena’s SummerSlam opponent – Randy Orton. Orton approaches the ring and Roman Reigns beats him up. Reigns fights hi off into the crowd and they disappear. Fans chant for Lesnar. Triple H looks frustrated. Paul Heyman appears and says Triple H should implement Plan C. He brings out Brock Lesnar to a big pop.
Lesnar marches to the ring with Heyman. Triple H shakes his hand, making the match official. Heyman cuts a promo and says Lesnar intends to conquer Cena and take the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Heyman goes on praising Lesnar and reminds us he ended The Streak. Heyman shows us a replay of The Undertaker’s loss. Heyman tells us that Lesnar beat Taker so bad that Vince McMahon had to ride to the hospital with him because he was worried for his life. Heyman says the same beating awaits Cena. Heyman says Cena can’t escape this beating. Heyman declares that Lesnar will take Cena down at SummerSlam and punch his face in. Heyman says Cena is going to be hurt and injured. Lesnar is going to mangle Cena and then, and only then, Lesnar is going to F5 Cena and strip him of the dignity he has being WWE World Heavyweight Champion, the same way he stripped The Undertaker of his dignity. Heyman says 15 world titles in 10 years sounds like something worth conquering. Heyman pledges allegiance to the conquer that stands before him. Heyman wraps an awesome promo. He introduces himself and says his client will beat John Cena at SummerSlam to become the WWE Heavyweight Champion of the World. Lesnar’s music hits and RAW goes off the air with him smiling.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|33||Fan Posts Account Of Experience With CM Punk and AJ Lee at Wednesday's Chicago Blackhawks Game|
|10||Individual Who Lost Domain To WWE Claims He'll Destroy The Company Within A Year|
|9||Chris Jericho Says He Won't Return To WWE For Fandango Type Feuds In Future|
|6||TNA Playing Down Kurt Angle Return Rumors|
|6||Brock Lesnar's Return and the 2014 WWE Slammy Awards Confirmed for RAW Later This Year|