– Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show opens up from the WWE studios in Stamford with host Byron Saxton, Booker T and Alex Riley. We see fans filing into the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Riley jokes that Booker is sad that he’s not in his hometown tonight. Riley reveals that tonight’s WWE shop special is buy 1 t-shirt, get one 50% off and free shipping. The code is PRE50 and it’s only valid during the pre-show. Saxton leads us to video from last week of Triple H naming Brock Lesnar as John Cena’s SummerSlam opponent. Riley says this is going to be a helluva match at SummerSlam. Booker says Triple H has learned from the best, Vince McMahon, in that he’s let bygones be bygones and brought Lesnar back again. Saxton leads us to video of Stephanie McMahon and Brie Bella’s segment last week.
– Saxton says Stephanie will return tonight. He shows us Brie’s tweet from this weekend about being on RAW tonight. We go to Network commercials. We come back and get a look at the Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho feud. We also get a look at the feud between AJ Lee and Paige. We go to Renee Young at the arena with Paige. Paige says she still considers AJ her best friend for life. She says girlfriends have their disagreements but just go back to being friends the next day. We go back to the panel for more talk and Network commercials. More hype from the panel when we come back. It’s bold prediction time – Booker says Stephanie will say something shocking and Riley predicts Brock Lesnar will destroy John Cena. Saxton reveals Cena will kick off RAW and that’s it for the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at the Stephanie McMahon and Brie Bella incident from last week. We also see Stephanie being arrested for battery. We also see Brock Lesnar’s return.
– Michael Cole is joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler as he welcomes us to RAW. WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena makes his way to the ring.
Cena takes the mic and gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. Cena calls them a very lively bunch. Cena says he hoped Brock Lesnar would never happen. Cena says he is a marked man by The Authority and they want the title off his neck so badly they hired a mercenary. Cena says his opponent at SummerSlam is The Brock Lesnar. The crowd pops. Cena brings up fans possibly wanting to see Lesnar beat the hell out of him and they start cheering big time. A “yes” chant starts up also. Cena says Lesnar is the most devastating force in WWE. Cena puts over Lesnar and says he knows he will get the beating of a lifetime at SummerSlam. More pops from the crowd. Cena says he knows he’s going to get his ass kicked. Cena says he will not lay down, he will fight. Cena says he’s going to SummerSlam to beat Lesnar just like he did in 2012. Cena says we don’t understand what will happen to the title is Lesnar gets it. Cena says nobody can control Lesnar – not the fans, The Authority or Paul Heyman. We hear a “ladies and gentlemen…” and out comes Heyman to a mixed reaction also.
Heyman introduces himself and says his client will conquer Cena at SummerSlam to take the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Heyman says Cena is saying some mighty big words for a man that’s about to be turned into a victim. Heyman goes on and brings up The Undertaker getting taken out. Heyman says Lesnar isn’t going to just F5 and pin Cena, he’s going to victimize Cena ruthlessly and mercilessly. Cena comes back and says they share passion. Cena says this is his friggin’ life and he works his ass off because he loves this place and loves what it represents. Cena gets a pop. Cena says Lesnar will have to beat the hell out of him because he’s going to SummerSlam and he’s leaving with this son of a bitch. Cesaro’s music hits and out he comes. He hugs Heyman and takes the mic. Cesaro says even though he and Heyman have gone their separate ways, he won’t allow Cena to insult his friend. Cesaro says Cena is a big muscled up walking billboard, not a wrestler. Cena drops the title and exit the ring. Cesaro tells him to stay put. He asks if Cena got his shoes at Kmart. Cesaro says you can’t wrestle in sneakers. Oh wait, you just can’t wrestle. Cesaro challenges Cena. Heyman says we get a bonus impromptu match… Cena tells him to shut up. Cena says it will be his honor to wrestle circles around Cesaro. Cesaro’s music hits and he heads to the ring. We go to commercial.
John Cena vs. Cesaro
Back from the break and they do a test of strength. Cesaro strikes first and they go to the mat. They run the ropes and Cena counters, catapulting Cesaro across the ring. Cena with a headlock takedown. Cesaro turns it around with a headlock takedown of his own, saying that’s how you wrestle. They run the ropes again and Cesaro catches Cena in mid-air with a slightly botched backbreaker. Cesaro works Cena over in the corner now.
More back and forth. Cena barely hits a hurricanrana for a 2 count. Cena runs into an elbow. Cesaro beats Cena back to the mat and stomps on him on the apron. They trade shots with Cena on the apron. Cesaro knocks Cena to the floor with a shoulder. Cesaro poses in the ring. Cena makes it back in before the 6 count and knocks Cesaro down. Cena takes control but Cesaro blocks the bulldog. Cesaro with more shots to the head as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena is making a comeback with his usual moves. Cesaro turns the big slam into a DDT for a 2 count. Cena counters the Cesaro Swing and rolls through with a 2 count. Cena counters again and hits a powerbomb for a 2 count. Cesaro comes back and kicks Cena in the face while he’s on the apron. Cesaro climbs up to the top and suplexes Cena in from the apron with a huge superplex. 2 count for Cesaro. Cesaro comes back and hits the Cesaro Swing for a pop. Cesaro applies an ankle lock but Cena counters. Cesaro kicks him away. Cena hits the big slam and the Five Knuckle Shuffle.
Cesaro blocks the Attitude Adjustment and headbutts Cena to the mat from the top. Cesaro leaps with a crossbody but Cena catches him and rolls through. Cena turns that into an Attitude Adjustment but Cesaro lands on his feet and nails a kick. Cesaro hits a huge uppercut for a 2 count. Cesaro goes for the Neutralizer but Cena counters. Cesaro counters that and lands on his feet and hits another kick again. Cena hits a kick of his own. Cesaro goes to the top but Cena climbs up and meets him. Cena nails a super Attitude Adjustment for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– We go backstage to Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. She says she can’t go back to jail and see the look of utter disappointment in their daughter’s eyes. Triple H consoles her but Randy Orton interrupts. He says Brock Lesnar wasn’t the original plan last week, he was. Orton isn’t happy about Roman Reigns messing everything up. Triple H says plans change. He could change the match at SummerSlam but he’s not going to because as long as Reigns is in the picture, Orton won’t get a shot. Triple H says Reigns cost Orton the title shot and a lot more. Triple H says if Orton wants another shot he has to take out Reigns. Triple H reveals it will be Reigns vs. Kane tonight. Orton says now he has a problem with Kane, Reigns and Triple H. Orton walks off. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Paige. We get a look back at her turn last week. Paige says sometimes her emotions get the best of her but AJ Lee is still her best friend in the whole wide world. She says what she did last week was deplorable. Paige says she saw AJ not as a friend but as someone who took her title. She promises she will never act that way again. AJ’s music hits and out she comes with the Divas Title.
AJ hits the ring and CM Punk chants start. AJ speaks but Paige interrupts. AJ says she isn’t done. AJ says she knows what it’s like to have the title taken away in an instant. AJ says she doesn’t play little girl games. If she has a problem or doesn’t like you, it’s going to be to your face. Paige says he is AJ’s real friend and if she doesn’t believe her, then AJ is crazy. AJ asks what Paige just called her. Paige apologizes for calling her “that” and says she would never make fun of AJ’s mental health. AJ says she understands but attacks Paige out of nowhere. AJ tosses Paige out of the ring and rams her into the barrier. Paige retreats and asks AJ why she had to be like that. Fans chant for CM Punk as AJ hits the ring to pose with her title.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Kane. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Triple H with Stephanie McMahon. Triple H is disgusted with the fans for laughing at his wife getting handcuffed like a common criminal last week. He goes on and says he will never forgive the fans for that. He says it was all one big misunderstanding. He says all charges were dropped except the assault & battery charge that Brie Bella won’t drop. Triple H wants to put this ugly incident behind us all. Stephanie takes the mic and the fans boo. She asks Brie to come to the ring but Chris Jericho’s music hits instead.
Jericho comes out to a big pop. Triple H gets upset and says they’re in the middle of something. Jericho wanted to come out and give his sympathies to Stephanie in the form of a song. He starts singing “Bad Boys” from Cops and the fans sing a long with it. Stephanie covers her ears. Triple H laughs but he doesn’t think it’s funny. Jericho tells Stephanie not to be ashamed because orange is the new black and it’s OK to be a jailbird. Jericho says the WWE Network was created so we can see moments like Stephanie’s arrest over and over. Triple H is really angry now and tells Jericho he’s not in the mood. Jericho picks on Triple H’s big nose and asks why didn’t Triple H leave the arena with Stephanie when she was arrested. Jericho runs down Stephanie and Triple H tells him to shut up. Triple H tells Jericho to focus more on Bray Wyatt. Jericho says that’s why he’s out here and he wants Wyatt tonight. Triple H says he’s going to have to wait until SummerSlam. He announces… Seth Rollins nails Jericho from behind with the briefcase. Triple H announces Jericho vs. Rollins for tonight.
– We get a look back at Cena’s promo from earlier. Still to come, Reigns vs. Kane. Back to commercial.
The Miz, Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Dolph Ziggler and The Usos
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz. Ryback and Curtis Axel wait in the ring. Dolph Ziggler is out first for his team. WWE Tag Team Champions Th Usos are out last.
Ryback and Ziggler go at it after Miz drops from the apron. Ryback works Ziggler over and gets a 2 count. Axel tags in and keeps control of Ziggler. Axel nails a dropkick for another pin attempt. Axel keeps control but misses a splash in the corner. We see Kofi Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods watching backstage. Jimmy Uso tags in and works over Axel. He hits the Rikishi splash and Axel rolls to the floor. Uso nails a dropkick through the ropes. Ryback and Jey Uso get involved at ringside. Ziggler sends Miz running. We go to commercial with both teams arguing outside of the ring.
We come back and Miz is in control of Uso. Woods, Big E and Kofi are watching from ringside now, blocking the view of the announcers. Ryback tags in and keeps Uso down. Axel tags right in for more offense on Uso. Axel with a 2 count. Miz tags back in and keeps Uso grounded. They counter each other and Uso drops Miz. Uso goes for a tag and has to kick Miz away. Ziggler and Ryback get the tags. Ziggler unloads and kicks Miz back into the barrier. Ziggler splashes Ryback and hits a neckbreaker. Ziggler drops a big elbow. Ryback ducks a Fame-asser. More back and forth. Ziggler blocks Shellshocked and can’t find anyone to tag. Ziggler counters with a big DDT for a 2 count as Miz makes the save. Uso kicks Miz out of the ring. Axel comes in and gets sent right back out. Uso runs the ropes and leap out on Ryback and Axel. The end comes when Ziggler nails Zig Zag on Ryback for the win.
Winners: The Usos and Dolph Ziggler
– Still to come, Brie and Stephanie. Back to commercial.
R-Truth vs. Bo Dallas
Back from the break and R-Truth is making his way out rapping. Truth tells Houston to make some noise and gets a big pop. Bo Dallas is out next. Bo says Truth can never be undefeated like him because he’s lost a lot of his matches in his career. A lot. Bo says Truth will be victorious one day, if he just Bo-lieves.
The bell rings and Bo takes Truth down. Bo takes a victory lap around the ring, comes back in and gets pinned.
– Bo’s streak is over. Bo takes the mic and can’t Bo-lieve that Truth was the first to beat him. Bo says but that’s OK and decks Truth with the mic. Bo beats Truth up in the corner and hits a bunch of clotheslines. Bo traps Truth in the apron and unloads on him. Bo brings Truth back in the ring and nails his DDT. There was a “we Bo-lieve” chant going on. Bo snaps back to normal, raises his arms and takes another victory lap as his music hits.
– Still to come, Jericho vs. Rollins. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Justin Roberts is introducing Rusev. Rusev waves the Russian flag as Lana looks on. Fans chant USA and Lana tells them to shut up. She disses the American flag and cuts another anti-American promo. She says Russia continues to prove its might and is commanded by the fearless leader Vladimir Putin, who we see on the big screen. She knocks President Obama for waving his finger at Russia, threatening them for their “peace actions.” She calls Obama a laughable leader. The music interrupts and out comes Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter. Swagger has an American flag. Zeb cuts the music and rips Lana. Swagger raises the flag and Zeb says this is a real flag. Zeb goes on and does the “we the people.” Swagger runs to the ring and Rusev meets him. They brawl at ringside. Rusev slams Swagger into the barrier and tosses him hard into the other side. Fans chant USA. Rusev rolls Swagger in the ring. Lana tells Rusev to crush but Swagger counters and goes for the Patriot Lock. Rusev counters and Swagger kicks him to the apron and then sends him to the floor. Fans chant USA and Swagger’s music plays as he and Rusev wave their flags.
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Kane. Back to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Adam Rose
Back from the break and Houston, we have a problem. Damien Sandow comes out dressed as an astronaut and says no, we have thousands of problems in the form of the fans in the arena tonight. Out next comes Adam Rose and his Rosebuds.
Rose cuts a promo and tells Sandow to be a Rosebud, not a lemon. They go at it and the bell rings. Rose quickly nails the Party Foul for the easy win.
Winner: Adam Rose
– Still to come, Reigns vs. Kane. Back to commercial.
Roman Reigns vs. Kane
We come back and Kane makes his way out. Roman Reigns is next, coming through the crowd and getting a big pop.
Before Reigns can make his way out, Randy Orton attacks him in the crowd. They brawl back to ringside and Reigns takes Orton out. Kane makes the save and brings Reigns in the ring. Reigns nails a Samoan Drop and takes him to the corner. Orton comes back in but Reigns nails a Superman punch. Kane chokeslams Reigns. Kane leaves and Orton stomps on Reigns. Orton mounts Reigns with right hands and stomps again. Orton with kicks now. Orton sends Reigns to the floor and taunt him some more. Orton throws Reigns face first into the steel steps. Orton continues the assault on the floor and nails a draping DDT from the top of the barrier. Orton sends Reigns back into the steps and takes apart the announcers table. Orton takes his time and drops Reigns on top of the table with a RKO. Orton goes back for more and hits another, this time the table breaks. Orton taunts Reigns some more and poses as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Roman Reigns was checked on at ringside. We get a replay of what just happened.
Fandango vs. Diego
Fandango waits in the ring as Diego makes his way out with Summer Rae and Layla dressed in Los Matadores attire. El Torito makes his way out with them.
Fandango is upset and works Diego over to start the match. Fandango gets distracted by Summer and Layla. Fandango counters and nails a dropkick for a 2 count. Fandango with a suplex. Fandango goes to the top but El Torito is standing on the opposite corner. Fandango drops down as does Torito. Torito, Summer and Layla distract Fandango, allowing Diego to get the win.
– After the match, Layla and Summer dance in the ring with Diego and Torito. Fandango gets on the apron and Torito gores him off.
– Stephanie McMahon is backstage. She knocks on Nikki Bella’s dressing room. Stephanie says she’s looking for Brie and Nikki says she will be here soon. Stephanie hopes Brie will be reasonable and hear what she has to say. Nikki says there’s not a lot of times when people like Stephanie eat a plate of crap, she just hopes Stephanie likes the taste of it. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another bizarre backstage segment with Stardust and Goldust.
Natalya and Naomi vs. Cameron and Alicia Fox
We go back to the ring and the Divas are talking trash to each other. Alicia and Natalya start things off.
Natalya takes control after some back and forth and gets a 2 count. Naomi comes in and hits an atomic drop on Alicia. Alicia turns it around in the corner but runs into a big kick. Naomi leaps from the apron to Cameron on the floor with a Thesz Press. Alicia rolls Naomi back in and hits the scissors kick for a close 2 count. Cameron wants the tag and gets it. Cameron slams Naomi twice and taunts her. Cameron scoops Naomi and rams her into the corner, letting her fall to the mat. Cameron with a 2 count and more offense. Naomi with a 2 count out of nowhere. Naomi with a leg scissors submission for the win.
Winners: Naomi and Natalya
– The announcers are sitting at what’s left of the table Reigns went through. They hype SummerSlam.
Chris Jericho vs. Seth Rollins
We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho to a big pop. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Seth Rollins with his briefcase. The bell rings and they lock up. Jericho beats Rollins into the corner and unloads with kicks. Rollins blocks and rolls to the floor for a breather. Jericho follows and sends Rollins into the barrier. They trade chops. Jericho rolls Rollins back in but Rollins kicks him off the apron. Rollins runs the ropes and goes to dive out but runs into a right hand. Jericho comes in and hits a suplex for a 2 count. Rollins turns it around with a kick and stomps away in the corner.
Jericho with an enziguri for a 2 count. More back and forth. Rollins nails a dropkick. Rollins works Jericho over but misses a kick. Jericho dumps him to the apron. Jericho jumps from the corner to the apron and knocks Rollins to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rollins has Jericho grounded on the mat after a big dive outside of the ring during the commercial. Jericho tries to fight back but Rollins sends him back to the mat. Jericho finally makes a comeback. Jericho goes to the top and comes crashing down with a big right hand. Fans pop as Jericho gets fired up. Rollins counters the bulldog and drops Jericho for a 2 count. Rollins with headbutts and more shots now. Jericho fights back with chops into the corner. Rollins counters and drops Jericho face first into the turnbuckle.
Rollins goes to the top but Jericho cuts him off. Jericho goes for a superplex but it’s blocked. Rollins headbutts Jericho. Rollins goes for a super powerbomb but Jericho backdrops him to the mat. Jericho climbs up and hits a crossbody for a 2 count. More back and forth. Jericho misses a Lionsault. Rollins powerbombs Jericho into the turnbuckles. Rollins misses the curb stomp and Jericho rolls him up for 2. Rollins fights off the Walls of Jericho and hits a big kick to the face. Rollins springboards in but Jericho catches him with a Codebreaker in mid-air. The Wyatt Family graphic flashes to a big pop. The lights come back on and The Wyatt Family is in the ring, Rollins is out. They beat Jericho down.
Erick Rowan and Luke Harper work over Jericho as Bray Wyatt looks on. Some fans boo as Wyatt nails Jericho with Sister Abigail. The Wyatt Family poses over Jericho as more fans are booing now.
– We see Stephanie McMahon and Triple H walking backstage. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Stephanie McMahon. She’s down and talks about how she represents WWE but nobody can look her in the eye without thinking she’s a common criminal now. This experience has hurt her professionally and personally. She says her daughters can’t understand why their mother was taken to jail. Her kids are getting teased at camp, their friends’ parents won’t let them come over and they are scarred for life. Brie Bella comes walking to the ring and they hit her music late.
Brie says she’s heard enough. She tells Stephanie to get to the point or keep standing there like a whining rich bitch. Stephanie wants her to drop the charges. Brie says she deserves to go to hell. Stephanie says she may have taken advantage of Nikki Bella in some regards but that will not happen again. Brie says she’s being insulting. Stephanie offers to give Nikki a raise and Brie accepts that, as long as Stephanie agrees to all of her demands. Brie wants her job back and fans chant “yes!” Stephanie tells her to be reasonable. She says one Bella is enough for WWE. Brie tells her she will see her in court and walks away. Stephanie stops her. She asks if she agrees to re-hire Brie, will Brie drop all charges? It’s a done deal and Stephanie goes to leave. Brie stops her. She also wants a match at SummerSlam against Stephanie. Stephanie says she hasn’t been in the ring in over 10 years and she’s dedicated her life to being a mom. Stephanie says she can have any other match and her job back, and the raise for Nikki. Brie says she will see her in court and goes to leave again. Stephanie says this isn’t fair. She starts crying and fans cheer. Stephanie refuses to do the match and says she won’t lower herself to get in the ring with Brie. Brie threatens court again. Stephanie stops her again. Stephanie finally agrees to the match. She plays sad again but slaps Brie out of nowhere. Stephanie says she will make Brie her bitch at SummerSlam and she’s fired up. Brie comes back and interrupts Stephanie’s celebration and they start brawling. WWE agents and Triple H rush out to break it up. The crowd is on fire as they have words and RAW goes off the air.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|9||WWE RAW Report - 5/25/15|
|8||Photo: Rusev Apparently Injured After Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings|
|5||Brock Lesnar's TV Return Seemingly Imminent, Advertised For Various Dates|
|3||Who Played the Camera Man on RAW?, WWE NXT Diva Upset Over Fake Nude Photos, Kevin Owens|
|3||Spoilers: WWE SmackDown Tapings for 5/28/15|