– The Sun Herald in Mississippi has reported new details on Jack Swagger’s legal troubles, after a trial that lasted several hours in Gulfport on Tuesday.
* When Swagger was stopped by police on February 19th, he told police he had just showered, stopped by a fast food restaurant and was “pretty banged up” after the SmackDown tapings that night.
* The officer testified that Swagger was driving 10 mph faster than the speed limit and that he smelled burned marijuana in Swagger’s rental car. The officer also saw a few pieces of marijuana on Swagger’s lap.
* Swagger did not testify yesterday but a video recorded by a patrol car camera was shown. Swagger told the officer that night he smoked some marijuana before leaving the Coliseum that night. Swagger told the officer, “I know I f-d up. I apologize, man.”
* An officer testified that Swagger handed him his credit card when asked for his driver’s license. Swagger’s speech was slow, his eyes bloodshot and watery, but he was “cooperative, nervous and talkative.” A DUI officer said, “He was just as docile as a gentleman can possibly be.”
* A video showed Swagger taking a field sobriety test in 44 degree weather on the side of the road. The DUI officer described the test as a “walk and turn” while counting and a one-leg stand, also while counting. Swagger stumbled a few times while waving his arms in the air to balance himself and stood on one leg. “It was probably by far one of the worst I’ve ever seen as a DUI officer for under the influence of marijuana,” the officer testified.
* Swagger was fined $1,000 plus $300 in court costs for the DUI conviction. He was also fined $198 for speeding and must attend an alcohol-safety class and a victim-impact class. Swagger can get his license back in 90 days if he completes the classes, instead of a year.
|Tyson Kidd To Appear On Talk Is Jericho, John Cena On Making The Finals Of The Inaugural Sports Humanitarian|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|6||Ex-TNA World Heavyweight Champion Tells Fans Who Didn’t Like Slammiversary To Go F**k Themselves|
|4||Update On Kurt Angle Undergo Neck Surgery To Remove A Tumor On His Neck|
|4||WWE Censors Cesaro After He Flipped Off John Cena During Their Match On RAW|
|3||TNA Reportedly Tells The Production Team That Payments Will Be Late Again|
|3||TNA Star Works His Last Match In The Promotion On Saturday Night|