– Alexandra sent the following:
I attended the World Wrestling Fan Xperience (WWFX) Champions Showcase Tour debut event at the Smart Araneta Coliseum in Manila. We estimated a crowd of less than 1,200 in a building that seats 15,000 or more. Everyone was saying a DVD would be produced as cameras were filming.
* They started about an hour and half late but Colt Cabana opened the show and did a good job getting everyone ready.
* Jimmy Yang beat Billy Gunn.
* Hurricane Helms had his first match in a long time and defeated Shawn Daivari. Referee Rudy Charles also wrestled Daivari during the match.
* Colt Cobana introduced a kid who was guest ring announcer.
* Melina beat Jillian Hall.
* Beer was brought into the ring and Luke Gallows came out straight edge style and ran down Melina for needing alcohol. Rhino made the save and beat Gallows with a distraction from Melina and the Gore.
* Carlito beat Snitsky.
* MVP beat Chris Masters.
* John Morrison beat Shelton Benjamin to become the first ever WWFX Champion. Morrison had a big victory celebration with confetti and the other face wrestlers in the ring with him including Melina.
Overall it was an average show. The card looked real exciting on paper but none of the matches except Morrison and Benjamin stood out. Judging by crowd reaction most everyone felt the same way.
– Helms, who had his first match since a serious motorcycle accident, wrote the following on Twitter:
“I’m far from “back.” I still got a long road ahead of me but @WWFX last night was certainly encouraging. Great show with great people.”
While MVP praised WWFX officials and mentioned future shows:
“WWFX is a 1st class organization! I look forward to working with them in the future! As I understand it there will be more shows to come.”