- Here are some notes from WWE’s financial results released earlier today:
* Total net revenues from WWE Studios, live/TV events, consumer products and digital media for the first quarter in 2011 were $119.9 million, down from $138.7 million in the first quarter of 2010.
* WrestleMania 27 is not included in these first quarter results as it happened on April 3rd, during the second quarter. WWE had WrestleMania 26 included in their first quarter results from last year.
* Pay-per-view revenues for this year’s first quarter were $13.5 million, down from the $32.4 million from 2010’s first quarter. There were only two WWE pay-per-views in this year’s first quarter as WrestleMania 27 is not included. WWE lists this year’s Royal Rumble at 446,000 buys and this year’s Elimination Chamber at 199,000 buys.
* Revenue from WWE Classics On Demand for the first quarter were $1.1 million, down from $1.3 million in 2010’s first quarter.
* Home video net revenues were $8.1 million, up from $7.6 million in 2010. Licensing revenues were $23.9 million, up from $19.9 million for the same period in 2010. The relationship with Mattel is paying off as revenue from toys increased by $3 million. Video game revenue is up around $2.2 million.
* WWE.com revenues were $2.7 million for the first quarter of this year, down from $3.4 million in the previous year’s first quarter. WWE blames this on a decline in pay-per-view webcast and wireless revenues. WWE’s shop website were $3.4 million for this first quarter, up from $3 million for 2010’s first quarter. Numbers of orders for the first quarter have increased to 83,000 with an average revenue of $40.59 per order.
* WWE Studios recognized revenue of $8.6 million for this year’s first quarter, up from $3.4 million in 2010. WWE attributes the growth in revenue to The Chaperone with Triple H. It was also noted that their financial statements reflect a loss of $1.5 million related to The Chaperone’s advertising costs, among other things.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|18||Vince McMahon Reportedly Upset Over Brock Lesnar Wanting to Discuss a New Deal at UFC 184|
|14||Backstage News on Vince McMahon and Brock Lesnar Arguing at RAW, Is Lesnar Expected for WrestleMania?|
|7||WWE RAW Report - 3/2/15|
|6||Samoa Joe Expected to Sign with WWE Soon, Ryback Talks Andre Battle Royal, Canvas 2 Canvas|
|5||Backstage News on WWE's Plans for Sheamus, WWE Legend Praises Bray Wyatt, WWE Documentaries|