- Courtesy of Mike Fields, here are some more notes from last night’s WWE Tribute to The Troops tapings in Norfolk, Virgina:
* The place wasn’t 100% full but close to it. WWE used a bigger set this year.
* Michael Cole and JBL were the announcers.
* Taped messages that aired were from President Obama, Katie Couric, Sharon Stone, The Rock and others.
* There were some people grumbling about there being no CM Punk.
* Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell taped a segment with Michael Cole.
* Santa Claus was indeed played by Mick Foley. Here is a photo of he and Lilian Garcia together:
* There was a moment where Kane and Daniel Bryan came out and apparently due to the ramp size, Kane took a tumble but quickly saved himself and kept on. You can barely see the incident in the YouTube video below, courtesy of user TheBiz9999:
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|9||WWE Planning To Increase Sexual Tension As Part Of AJ Lee and Paige Storyline|
|6||Details On Sting and WrestleMania 31, Legendary Announcer To Honor Jerry Lawler|
|5||Steve Austin Training for WWE Return?, Why NXT Stars Were Not Used On Raw|
|4||Actor Says He Wants to Host WWE RAW, Damien Sandow Snaps Streak, Teddy Long|
|4||Head Writer for WWE NXT TV Revealed, Inspiration Behind Hideo Itami's Name Change, More|