Back on August 7th, it was revealed that the AT&T Center revealed Roman Reigns would face off against Kevin Owens at Hell In A Cell in September. It seems that match has been tweaked, as now the site is advertising Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman for the WWE Universal Championship.
Braun Strowman has targeted Roman Reigns since SummerSlam 2018, reigniting their feud from a year ago, as he’s attempted to steal the Universal Title from the Big Dog twice.
Now, it’s possible that Reigns vs KO was the original match for Hell In A Cell, and it’s likely that Kevin Owens could have been the original victor in his match against Strowman at SummerSlam. That theory has popped up in quite a few places, and Owens with the MITB briefcase definitely would’ve been an interesting angle.
Regardless, it looks like Reigns will indeed be defending his title against Mr. Monster In The Bank on September 16.
Currently, this is the card via the AT&T Center website:
- Universal Championship Match: Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns (c)
- WWE Championship Match: Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles (c)
- Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton
- Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre
- Raw Women’s Championship Match: Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey (c)
- Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs The Miz & Maryse
As usual, as was seen today, the card is subject to change.