– On this day back in 2002, WWF was officially renamed WWE.
– WWE referee Chad Patton turns 35 today while Hall of Famer Bill Watts turns 72.
– Sunday’s WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view from Tampa, Florida drew 10,000 fans.
– It has been confirmed that WWE released Brett DiBiase from his developmental contract.
– WWE’s RAW brand will be headed to Mexico next week for a four-day tour. RAW Superstar Rey Mysterio won’t be appearing but Sin Cara will take his place. WWE pushed Sin Cara’s appearance so hard when they first put tickets on sale before the draft so they probably kept him on the cards because of that. Alberto Del Rio, who wasn’t originally advertised, is now being advertised as one of the top stars for the tour.
Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
|Tyson Kidd To Appear On Talk Is Jericho, John Cena On Making The Finals Of The Inaugural Sports Humanitarian|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|6||Ex-TNA World Heavyweight Champion Tells Fans Who Didn’t Like Slammiversary To Go F**k Themselves|
|4||Update On Kurt Angle Undergo Neck Surgery To Remove A Tumor On His Neck|
|3||WWE 2K16 To Feature The Largest Roster In The Games History|
|3||TNA Reportedly Tells The Production Team That Payments Will Be Late Again|
|3||TNA Star Works His Last Match In The Promotion On Saturday Night|