- On this day back in 2002, WWF was officially renamed WWE.
- WWE referee Chad Patton turns 35 today while Hall of Famer Bill Watts turns 72.
- Sunday’s WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view from Tampa, Florida drew 10,000 fans.
- It has been confirmed that WWE released Brett DiBiase from his developmental contract.
- WWE’s RAW brand will be headed to Mexico next week for a four-day tour. RAW Superstar Rey Mysterio won’t be appearing but Sin Cara will take his place. WWE pushed Sin Cara’s appearance so hard when they first put tickets on sale before the draft so they probably kept him on the cards because of that. Alberto Del Rio, who wasn’t originally advertised, is now being advertised as one of the top stars for the tour.
Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|8||Cesaro Getting a New Theme Song Soon, News on Dean Ambrose's Title Reign, GFW Video|
|8||Wrestler Responds to Criticism Over Working at Walmart, Says He Gets Paid More Than He Did|
|7||WWE Reportedly Telling Current and Former Talents to Stay Away from Nancy Grace|
|5||Popular NXT Star Starts Training Again, Speculation on Brock Lesnar's Return, WWE Attendance|
|5||WWE Star Suffers 100th Televised Loss, Former WWE Writer Talks About The Streak, The Rock|