Tonight on SmackDown, Lana made her debut and asked to be a part of the Money in the Bank ladder match. Shane McMahon declined and Naomi laughed at her for even asking to be a part of it. Lana then claimed that she could defeat Naomi and got in her face. Shane McMahon then broke up the argument and told Lana that Women’s Championship matches needed to be earned.
During the 6-woman tag match, Lana came down to the ring and tripped up Naomi on the ring apron. This wound up costing Naomi the match and Lana posed with the Welcoming Committee after their victory. Later on during SmackDown, Naomi approached Shane McMahon backstage. Naomi asked for a match against Lana at Money in the Bank and said that she would be willing to put her SmackDown Women’s Championship on the line. SmackDown commissioner Shane McMahon then made the match official. Naomi will defend her title against Lana at Money in the Bank on June 18th.
— WWE (@WWE) June 7, 2017
Here is the updated card for WWE Money in the Bank:
- WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal (c) vs Randy Orton
- MITB Ladder Match: Baron Corbin vs Kevin Owens vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles
- SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Naomi (c) vs Lana
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) vs New Day
- Women’s MITB Ladder Match: Becky Lynch vs Carmella vs Tamina Snuka vs Charlotte Flair vs Natalya