– TNA star Sting participated in a conference call on Wednesday to promote this weekend’s Slammiversary pay-per-view. Here are some highlights:
* Sting talked about how he was very close to signing with WWE before last year’s WrestleMania event. He was surprised the two sides didn’t reach an agreement so he could face The Undertaker. Sting said Taker was the one guy he would like to work with that he hasn’t besides some of the younger talents in TNA.
* He has had discussions with a publisher about writing an autobiography.
* He named Austin Aries, Magnus, James Storm and Bobby Roode as the future stars.
* He’s interested in working behind the scenes and possibly in a creative role once his in-ring career is finished.
* For now, Sting said he is planning on retiring with TNA. He said he thinks every year will be his last but it’s hard to walk away from TNA when they’re “not quite there.” His interest and motivation have gone up in the last year.
* Sting says he shouldn’t be the first inductee into TNA’s Hall of Fame and said guys like AJ Styles or Jeff Jarrett were more deserving.
|John Morrison Talks About The Second Season Of Lucha Underground And The Promotion Running More Live Events|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|7||The Reason Why Ryback Was Pulled From WWE TV|
|7||Ryback Issues Statement On His Meeting Vince McMahon And His Future With The Company|
|6||Backstage Update On Bret Hart Possibly Having Heat With WWE Officials|
|4||Vince Russo Comments On Why Roman Reigns Is Not Getting Over With Fans|
|4||Update On Enzo Amore|