COLUMBUS, Ohio – Dan Henderson still has it.
The 40-year-old former PRIDE world champion and UFC tournament winner was wobbled early by Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante but battled back to land his signature right hand and claim Strikeforce’s light heavyweight title.
The bout served as the main event of Saturday night’s “Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson” event, which took place at Nationwide Arena and aired on Showtime.
OFFICIAL MAIN CARD RESULTS
- Dan Henderson def. champ Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 0:50
- Champ Marloes Coenen def. Liz Carmouche via submission (triangle choke) – Round 4, 1:29
- Tim Kennedy def. Melvin Manhoef via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:41
- Jorge Masvidal def. Billy Evangelista via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
OFFICIAL PRELIMINARY CARD RESULTS
- Roger Bowling def. Josh Thornburg via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jorge Gurgel def. Billy Vaughan via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 0:44
- Jason Freeman def. Jason Riley via submission (strikes) – Round 1, 1:52
- Brian Rogers def. Ian Rammel via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:23
- Mitch Whitesel def. Marc Cofer via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 3:55
- John Kuhner def. J.P. Felty via technical submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 4:31